[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who finds The Disney Afternoon overrated? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (30KB, 300x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 300x193px
Am I the only one who finds The Disney Afternoon overrated? Don't get me wrong, DuckTales, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, etc. we're awesome, but we also had crap like Shnookums and Meat, Bonkers, Quack Pack, and The Mighty Ducks, as well as the mediocre Aladdin. Also, Goof Troop had some pacing issues at times and Timon and Pumbaa was fun, but nowhere near as good as The Lion King or other 90s cartoons of that era like Rocko and Ren and Stimpy. Honestly, the block started to go downhill when Bonkers came out. No wonder the Animaniacs made fun of it not one, not two, but THREE times
>>
>>95369020
Everything popular is technically overrated.
>>
I never understood the appeal of Disney afternoon and anything that followed. The humor was either too tame or the characters were too chatty
>>
When people talk about Disney Afternoon, they're almost always referring to the first four-ish years, before most of those shows you have a problem with were on the block. The block wasn't all that relevant in its later years.
>>
>>95372075
Yeah, I usually think of Ducktales, Chip n' Dale, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, and Goof Troop when I hear Disney Afternoon mentioned. I'd say that was the classic period.
>>
THERES SO MUCH TO DO
>>
>>95372117
>classic period
The best period.

I would love to have Gargoyles and DarkWing given a HD remaster.
>>
>>95369020
>crap like Bonkers

i... i remember liking Bonkers a lot. haven't seen it in ages, though. is it really that bad?
>>
>>95372117
I think most people think of that. Maybe throw in Gargoyles as an exception for the later period that is good. But I will add even that is what people watched as little kids. In a lot of places it was just what was on after school. Younger groups probably saw them as kids on Toon Disney or even YouTube instead. A lot of the shows don't hold up as well as an adult.
>>
>>95376715
>is it really that bad?
Yes

>>95372117
That is the case. When people say the Disney Afternoon was good, they mean the early years. Kind of like when they say "Old Toonami was good" they don't mean the "only on Saturdays" time, they mean the first half when it was on every day
>>
>>95375459
This, also DuckTales
>>
File: disney.png (34KB, 1709x357px) Image search: [Google]
disney.png
34KB, 1709x357px
>>95372117
Year 5 is obviously where the shift happened. >Talespin, the last of the original four shows, was finally rotated off the block
>they started doing split schedules so they could include 13 episode shows
>schookums and meat happened

There were definitely good shows in there, but the block felt like it was just running on fumes at that point
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.