[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm mildly successful and have a relatively decent life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: bojack-horseman-2.jpg (261KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bojack-horseman-2.jpg
261KB, 1280x720px
>I'm mildly successful and have a relatively decent life, but I'm going to cry a lot and make thinly veiled references to obscure things to make myself look deep

Fuck you if you like this show.
>>
I TURNED MYSELF INTO A HORSE MORTY
>>
>>95367803
I only watched the first season, but the main character it was in a great position, mildly successful and relatively decent life put it mildly. Protagonist of sitcom in the past, still wealthy. Everyone in the show is trying over and over, despite always failing, to help him succeed. But he continues to fuck it up for himself over and over again. Which could have been interesting if it went anywhere, it didn't.
>>
>>95367803
Why are you quoting directly from the show?
>>
>>95367803
>psychological problems are founded in logic and based on objective assessments of the individuals circumstances
>>
>>95367803
That honestly sounds like something Bojack would say. The show is self aware at least.
>>
File: 1269496812357.jpg (29KB, 239x310px) Image search: [Google]
1269496812357.jpg
29KB, 239x310px
>>95367916
I'm not sure that's the right perspective to have with this show. It's more an exploration of existentialism, in finding meaning with your own life and trying to be at peace with yourself. Bojack is constantly trying to find what parts of himself he can fix while also falling back on "comfortable actions" that keep him miserable.

That's all the main characters in the show, really. In a way, Peanutbutter is the most sane guy because he refuses to do much introspection and just enjoys the distractions of life. Bojack has just enough self-awareness to be miserable, but not enough courage to make lasting change. Can that part of him change? Can that part of any of us change after we're full adults?

I don't know, maybe you meant this as a troll thread, but I like what the show makes me reflect on as a person.
>>
>>95367803
>he thinks happiness is about how well-off you are

You can't be any older than 16.
>>
>>95368216
>Peanutbutter is the most sane guy because he refuses to do much introspection and just enjoys the distractions of life

I would disagree with this. He gets away with a lot because he's naturally likable and lucky but he's always positive attitude also comes with drawbacks. He can't always connect with the people around him and he'd rather push something stressing to the side then deal with it head on.
>>
File: 1472493325083.png (275KB, 566x796px) Image search: [Google]
1472493325083.png
275KB, 566x796px
>>95367803
>mildly successful

He's a multimillionaire. That's a bit more than "mildly".

The point of the show isn't that he's striving for success, or that he's unhappy because of his status. The point is that he wants to be a good person, and success didn't give it to him. No matter how much money and fame he gets, he's still a horrible person, and he's acutely aware of it.
>>
>>95367803
>Back in the 90s I was in a very famous TV show
>>
>>95367803
read that greentext in Bojack's voice before I saw where you were going with the post

not that there's really a strong singular point to this show, but it still feels like you missed it
>>
>>95368216
>Peanutbutter is the most sane guy because he refuses to do much introspection and just enjoys the distractions of life.

That Diane freakout at the end of S4 was uncalled for, damn what a cunt.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.