[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is House of M the greatest thing Bendis ever did? It's been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: House_of_M.jpg (1MB, 3360x1759px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_M.jpg
1MB, 3360x1759px
Is House of M the greatest thing Bendis ever did? It's been 12 year and I really feel it holds up remarkably well.
>>
Best thing to happen to X-Men
>>
>>95367085
I can't tell if you're trolling.

This is the story where everyone's mind was wiped except for Wolverine because of his healing factor. Despite the fact that Logan's backstory was a mystery because he had amnesia and his healing factor doesn't affect memories.

That's just the basic set-up and already there's a plot hole. If the set-up of your story contradicts itself and its characters, the story is on a weak foundation.
>>
File: worthit.jpg (95KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
worthit.jpg
95KB, 500x610px
This is my personal favorite.
>>
>>95367085

I am an X-Men fan, I think House of M was a very good event, and that X-Men comics afterwards maintained a very high average quality until Avengers vs X-Men.

Avengers vs X-Men was bad for many reasons, it villianized the main X-Men character of the 2000s, Cyclops, ruined Phoenix lore, and was made to use the XMen for making the Avengers more popular (first scenes are Avengers saving people from a falling plane, and Cyclops kicking Hope in the gut). Cyclops xmen are bad, the good xmen are the ones who are Avengers like Wolverine.
Basically, it parasited the xmen franchise to favor the Avengers.

Afterwards, the Wanda/Pietro Axis ruined retroactively events like House of M or even Age of Apocalypse.

And we had to go through the shitstain of the Inhuman push Age, with Xavier, Logan, Cyclops, Maddrox dead in a short period of time. (And Emma Frost becoming a crazy grieving widow villain)
Pretty much the only things that have survived from Morrisons run are Fantomex and Quentin Quire.
>>
>>95367158
Um what? Wolverine Origin had already established that Wolverine's healing factor does affect his memory when House of M came out. But that's beside the point because Wolverine remembering the true timeline and getting his memories back has nothing to do with his healing factor. It was because Scarlet Witch granted her friends and family their greatest desires. Did you even read House of M?
>>
File: RCO018_1468844838.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
RCO018_1468844838.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>95367158
>This is the story where everyone's mind was wiped except for Wolverine because of his healing factor. Despite the fact that Logan's backstory was a mystery because he had amnesia and his healing factor doesn't affect memories.

This isn't true, it wasn't because of his healing factor. They used Wanda to give her personal friends what they always wanted when they remade the world, what Wolverine always wanted was to remember his whole life. So when she changed all reality he remembered his entire life at exactly the same time. So when everyone woke up on M day with their new memories and new lives he not only remembered the new world, but remembered all his memories from the old world.

The saddest part for me is no one who remembers the events of HoM is happy about it. Like Spidey here not only remembers his wife Gwen Stacey and their kid, but also remembers that if MJ had never met him and concentrated on her career she becomes the biggest star in Hollywood.
>>
>>95367158

I think you misremember.
Layla Miller was the only person whose memories were not affected, and she gave back the true memories to other people.

House of M Wolverine was a SHIELD agent.
>>
>>95367384

Logan remembered it all first and jumped off the helicarrier after waking up in bed with Mystique. Layla gave back everyone elses memories.
>>
>>95367334
The scene in Son of M with Spider-Man still being fucked up by it and talking to Pietro is some good shit.
>>
File: New-Avengers-Cover[1].jpg (32KB, 420x659px) Image search: [Google]
New-Avengers-Cover[1].jpg
32KB, 420x659px
Ultimate Spider-Man is easily the greatest thing Bendis did considering it created an alternate universe that was actually pretty good until Ultimatum ruined everything. My personal favorite is pic related.

It's a shame that Bendis got comfortable and had nobody keep him in line. Now he's shit.

>>95367085

Pretty good.

>>95367189

Very good.
>>
File: RCO016_1468806654.jpg (377KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO016_1468806654.jpg
377KB, 1041x1600px
>>95367085

this page from House of M is the best explanation for hatres and fear of mutants
>>
File: mutie scum.jpg (424KB, 1024x1562px) Image search: [Google]
mutie scum.jpg
424KB, 1024x1562px
>>95367633

Nope it's this page, also written by Bendis.
>>
>>95367085
House of M is the reason why most people stopped reading Marvel, it was the beginning of the huge Marvel events that change everything and then don't fucking matter, not even Onslaught did as much damage to Marvel as House of M.

It was like a Proto-52, House of M might be the worst thing they've ever done as an event with the most lasting consequences since most readers refused to come back.
>>
>>95367085
>>95367133

neck yourselves
>>
>>95367085
>dat wolverine
WOLVVLOW
>>
>>95367334

The thing is, a lot of people did get what they wanted and objectively it probably was a better world.

Everyone's secret wishes came true; Peter got to marry Gwen and start a family with her, Emma and Scott got married (ended up happening later anyway), Cap got to never end up frozen and lived his full natural life with his original friends in his original time and grew old. Even villians got what they wanted, Von Doom got his face fixes and was a popular leader of his nation. Namor was happily married to a squid lady and was king of a peaceful atlantis. There was world peace. Most people were happier and yeah normos were getting replaced by mutants but the upside of that is everyones kids end up with superpowers.

From a utilitarian view it was almost certainly a better world with less suffering. Not to mention all the people they murdered by resetting it. Like Peter Parkers son for example. They murdered millions of people. Those were not just constructs created by Wanda they were real.
>>
File: RCO010_1468828722.jpg (1MB, 1920x2914px) Image search: [Google]
RCO010_1468828722.jpg
1MB, 1920x2914px
>>95368090

Forgot pic.
>>
>>95367633
wow what a dick
>>
>>95368090

Peter's mini was so fucked up though. Probably the one time it was best for Bendis to completely disregard another comic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.