[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Filoni had a perfect opportunity to recapture the lightning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 46

File: The-clone-wars-general-grievous.jpg (182KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
The-clone-wars-general-grievous.jpg
182KB, 716x768px
Dave Filoni had a perfect opportunity to recapture the lightning fast demon 2003 Grevous was, with pristine CGI technology, but instead he gave us the most generic mustache twirling villian-of-the-week imaginable.

Grevious had to be all fucked up and slow with a cough in episode 3 because Mace smashed his organs like a Pepsi can in Genndy Wars. That makes sense.

Filoni's Clone Wars on the other hand takes place before Grievous captured the Chancellor, so him being fucked up and slow and coughing *already* doesn't make sense.
>>
>>95364410
Fuck. Off. Genndyfag.
>>
>>95364410
at least we can all take solace in the fact that at least canon grievous still looks real cool
>>
>>95364410
Genndy Grievous was retconned entirely
>>
>>95364410
>Filoni's Clone Wars on the other hand takes place before Grievous captured the Chancellor, so him being fucked up and slow and coughing *already* doesn't make sense.

You can lay that at the feet of Lucas - he decided that he wanted Grievous in ROTS to be "pathetic" and sickly, which meant all the build-up that had gone into making Grievous a terrifying, monstrous opponent - in preview comics, in the GenndyWars, in Labyrinth of Evil, etc. - for Obi-Wan to overcome went out the door in exchange for Lucas's vision of a weak shakes-fist-and-runs style of foe. It was Lucas's movie to make, but this wasn't the first time he's decided to do something and let the rest of the licensed creators find out after the fact.
>>
>>95364410
>best thing that ever happened to SW
>not canon, instead we get puppet show Clone Wars
Why live?
>>
>>95364410
The coughing was always part of grievous character. Genndy just had his own imaging of what grievous character would be like and why he coughs. The only true portrayal of his charr after is in the books. Both genndy and Dave grievous are wrong in their own way.
>>
>>95365167
Puppet clone wars had actual character development. Genndy has none of that, he is an overrated hack.
>>
>>95364410
Maybe off-topic, but anyone know of any /co/-related villains similar to 03's Grievous?
>>
>>95365048
>>95365157
>The best incarnation of an interesting character will always be non canon. Instead he'll always be nothing more than a jobber.

It hurts
>>
File: grievous vs dooku.gif (2MB, 373x203px) Image search: [Google]
grievous vs dooku.gif
2MB, 373x203px
>>95365338
Indeed.
>>
>>95365298
Can't think of one from any co movie or show. 03 grievous was essentially a cold hearted, walking blender.
>>
>>95365298
Brain from Teen Titans, sorta
>>
>>95365157
>he decided that he wanted Grievous in ROTS to be "pathetic" and sickly
I get that, but why did he want TCW Grievous to be similar to ROTS Grievous when TCW takes place before Mace crushed Grievous?
>>
File: 1492499290525.jpg (224KB, 1316x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492499290525.jpg
224KB, 1316x1600px
I love the clone wars and genndy wars is meh to me but I agree that Grevious got the shaft
I think it honestly mightve been because they wanted Ventress to be the ultra fast dual lightsaber dueling master flipping around and shit. So they made general grevious more of a "general" thats my theory anyways. Its one of the few shitty things about a near perfect show, but every show has them.
It also has the droid centric episodes...
>>
>>95365418
>a cold hearted, walking blender
Exactly.

>>95365485
This means I finally have a reason to watch Teen Titans.
>>
>>95365503
>when TCW takes place before Mace crushed Grievous?
Because in the new canon, that never happened, so they decided for Grievous to always be pathetic for some reason.
>>
>>95364410
>have all the money in the world
>outsource your cartoon to a guy who can't even draw to save all the shekels

What a waste those cartoons were.
>>
>>95365817
Oh you.
>>
I honestly don't get all the hate for cw grievous. Yeah he wasn't the unstoppable lightsaber blender he was in gendy's imagining, but I think it made him a more nuanced and interesting character.

I think you're really off with the description of him as a moustache twirling villain. It's not like he was a push over and he kicked plenty of people's asses over the course of the series, but he also wasn't ridiculously over powered.

He could engage multiple jedi and perform very well, but he still struggled with jedi masters and multiple skilled jedi, so he had to be pragmatic in his approach to combat. All over I think Grievous had some really good showing (wrecked ventress, sparring with dooku etc). I do agree that he probably could have stood to have had better fights against obi wan and not just get KOd by the force, but I think grievous had more good showings than bad.
>>
>Obsessed with improving himself he kept adding to himself
>generic
>>
>>95366369
I just wish that was expanded on more than just a small part of one episode.
>>
>>95365232
why do you need "character development" to understand or enjoy visual media?
>>
>>95366896
Might as well watch jingling car keys at that point.
>>
>>95367013
have you ever looked at a painting
>>
It's so dense
>>
>>95364997
you first.
>>
File: Yes.gif (1021KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
1021KB, 288x162px
>>95365371
>the light flash matches the saber being used

God, it's the little things.
>>
>>95369233
I don't care if it isn't canon any more. Genndy Wars was a masterpiece.
>>
>>95366896
wtf I love the prequel trilogy now
>>
>>95365232
He had, like, 5 minutes per episode.
>>
>>95367206
Yeah, I tried to but it wasn't intellectually stimulating enough for me. I want my mind to be challenged and engaged. No easy task, of course, but a lack of character development only adds to the insult to me in the form of paintings and, through further expansion upon the root point, Genndy's Clone Wars.
>>
>>95371115
Prequels tried to have character development.
Genndy just went for pure style over substance and succeeded.
>>
>>95371242
>I want my mind to be challenged and engaged
So you watch movies and cartoons aimed at toddlers?
>>
Like for many things from the prequel trilogy, I was glad TCW fleshed out Griveous and gave him depth. The Genndywars character was just a proxy for action and lacked substance.
>>
>>95365157
Grievous could have been the most badass jobber since Darth Maul and a highlight for a shit movie, but noooo Lucas has to Lucas
>>
>>95369233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV9LvVb84xo

>these poor guys thought they were creating an important part of the saga that would stand the test of time
>it gets thrown out not even ten years later

I love the 3D show and have no grudge against Lucas but I always felt this was pretty disrespectful.
>>
File: 1479083775819.jpg (560KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1479083775819.jpg
560KB, 4000x4000px
>>95365371
>throws lightsaber in air
>grabs it and still fights off a master duelist without ease
>people actually defend this
>>
File: General Greivous (1).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
General Greivous (1).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>95364410
He is a sack of organs, he never needed any further explanation for the cough.

Also Greivous has tons of intimidating moments in the show.

Watch the Episode "Lair of Greivous" where he kills a Jedi Knight in one of his first appearances on the show.

In "Massacre" he genocides an entire planet, slaughtering legions of Nightsisters.

In "Son of Dathomir" (a comic based on unaired episodes) Greivous goes toe to toe with Darth Maul, and also kills the Nightsister Mother Talzin, who was in a seemingly-even match against Sheev.

Meanwhile Genndy Greivous is basically Greivous in appearance only, ridiculously able to fight and kill multiple Jedi Masters at once. Fun to watch once, but it really doesn't fit Star Wars at all. All style, no substance.
>>
>>95372544
>hasn't actually watched it

Dooku kicks his ass without breaking a sweat
>>
>>95371388
>Prequels tried to have character development
I thought the narrative was that Lucas didn't bother with character development.
>>
>>95371884
>for a shit movie
But RotS is excellent.
>>
>>95372652
I've watched the show multiple times, dumbass. I'm talking about just the gif. Just because Dooku kicks his ass once, doesn't change the fact that he's overpowered as hell as he's able to beat four jedi at once.
>>
>/co/ talks about writing, character development and plot
>/co/ circlejerks a show with none of that

really makes me think
>>
>>95372701
>whole film revolves around Anakin turning into Darth Vader
>didn't bother with character development
>uses the word "narrative" incorrectly"
wew lad
>>
>>95372797
>/co/ is one person
>>
how do people sit through Genndywars? I did once and I can't ever do it again, it's just 2 hours of fucking action, it get's old after 20 minutes
>>
>>95372845
>How do people like things I don't like?

gee I dunno m8 that's a real thinker
>>
File: 1504621001394.jpg (6KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
1504621001394.jpg
6KB, 210x195px
>>95372728
That's a good joke man, funniest thing I've heard all morning
>>
>>95372845
You're meant to watch it in 10 minute bursts.
>>
>>95372869
But i'm not joking.
>>
>>95372824
>>uses the word "narrative" incorrectly"
No?
>>
>>95372544
>>95372792
He beats four Jedi with... and wait for it... "surprise, fear and intimidation". Dooku specifically tells Grievous that if he is lacking just one of them, he has no business fighting the most powerful Jedi in the Order. As shown by the training match where Dooku defeats him. Grievous is so full of hatred that he frequently disregards that directive. When he fights and defeats the _five_ Jedi, two of them are Padawans, two are knights. Only Shaak Ti is a Master. This is also the first time they face him in battle. He kills one of them almost immediately, causing fear and intimidation and he maintains the initiative in that fight. The Jedi don't know what or who he is, only that his droid army obliterated their forces and he's willing to fight them by himself. He deliberately created exactly the situation that Dooku told him he needed in order to win against Jedi.

However many times you've watched the show, it clearly wasn't enough.
>>
>>95373463
Yeah. And it really helped show off his tactical side that made him a general.

Was there anything similar to that in TCW?
>>
>>95373463
This is tumblr level of autism.
>>
>>95376130
>paying attention=autism
>>
>>95372423
It didn't even survive to 2005/Ep III's release. It's still there. We still remember it, and watch it. Hell I told a guy who needed a SW fix to download and watch it just this year. He had never heard of it. Told him it didn't "count" anymore and he didn't give a shit. It looked entertaining and that's all that mattered to him.
>>
>>95365232
In what ways did it develop Grievous? Because all I remember was that it retconned his backstory into a generic "I became a robot to get stronger."
>>
>>95365157
And Filoni turned Maul into ten times more of a pathetic character a few years later.
>>
>>95372797
>>95372832
>character development, and plot are literally the only things that matter and it's impossible that a show could do other things well enough to make up for the lack of it
>>
Grievous' only function was to be the Tarkin of his movie, except much more action figure-friendly so kids would buy it.

He was not intended to be the ultra murderbot badass, he was supposed to be the scheming mustache twirling leader in the tower. Dooku and Anakin were the killing machines of the movie and Grievous had to look worse than both of them.
>>
>>95365540
Honestly I wouldn't even mind him being more of a general, if they made him good at it. He's supposed to be master tactician but he ends up looking an idiot most of the time as his plans are foiled.
>>
>>95377224
>Dooku and Anakin were the killing machines of the movie
>Dooku

sure bout that bub?
>>
Ever think he would have been a lot ore effective against jedi if he had one of those shields the destroyer droids had?
>>
>>95364410
Why do people like to pretend all SW besides the original trilogy is anything but horseshit?
>>
>>95376130
>>I'm wrong
>>better call him autistic
>>
File: re.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>95377374
>>having Rich Evans tier opinions
The EU has a lot of garbage in it but there's good stuff too.
>>
>>95377374
>why do people like things I don't like?
>>
>>95371242
lmao
>>
>>95371115
The people in the Star Wars threads on here unironically like the prequel trilogy and I felt like I was being memed on until I saw how sincere it was, and then I started feeling like I was hallucinating, or had slipped into another timeline.
>>
>>95378699
A lot of people there are also weirdly protective of it, and get defensive if you talk about any flaw a prequel might have.
>>
>>95378983
I can say that RotS is a very enjoyable movie to watch because it's genuinely entertaining in its silliness, and I attribute most of that to Sheev and his remarkable brand of overacting, the ridiculous goblin voice he segues into sometimes, etc. I do truthfully enjoy that.

But Phantom Menace is very trying and Attack of the Clones is a miserable experience in every way.
>>
>>95378699
>people have opinions, holy fuck
This may come as a shock to you, but the prequels are actually very popular. An entire generation grew up with them.

In fact outside of the western world, they are actually preferred over the OT, which didn't reach cult status outside of the USA/UK. There are even Lucasfilm representatives that have spoken about this, and the demographics of the Star Wars audience.
>>
>>95379106
Just because someone "grew" watching a franchise doesnt mean they are not entitled to good taste.
I was 7 when The first prequel movie came out in 2001, saw all the movies in movie theater and I still recognize them as shit.
>>
Empire > Hope > Jedi > Sith > Awakens > Menace > Clones

Indisputable
>>
>>95379284
I'd put Awakens at the very bottom, personally.
>>
>>95379304
Why is that? Any reason other than "woman" or "black" is fine.
>>
>>95379339
It's a soulless cash grab that plays on nostalgia and ultimately makes the struggle in the OT pointless.
>>
>>95379383
And the new trilogy wasn't?
>>
>>95377148
>Filoni turned Maul into ten times more of a pathetic character

>Stayed alive through pure hate
>Took over a galaxy spanning crime syndicate
>Conquered fucking Mandalore
>Got to the point where Sheev himself literally says out loud he considers Maul "a rival"
>Ten times more pathetic than a guy with no character who got bisected by a padawan
>>
File: problem with TFA.png (23KB, 1392x310px) Image search: [Google]
problem with TFA.png
23KB, 1392x310px
>>95379339
I felt it took the series backwards and kinda ruined the ending RotJ set up.

And disregarding the races and genders present, I felt Finn's characterization was a bit off with how enthusiastic he was about killing his previous comrades, and Rey really was a bit too good at everything. It made her outshine everyone else when they shared a scene.
>>
>>95379194
See, I'm the opposite. I was a teenager when the prequels came out and I hated them immediately because they were nothing like what I expected. As I've grown older and become a father I've come around to them because I can see what George was trying to do. They have their problems, to be sure, like stilted dialogue and wooden direction, and some poorly composited special effects. But they also have some great acting too, some very memorable lines, beautiful art direction, and some really great special effects too. All of this in conjunction with a very ambitious story, that frankly was probably too big for three movies, but nevertheless makes a fascinating character study that mirrors the traditional hero's journey of the OT.

Now, I certainly don't like them more than the OT, and as I see it, their primary objective and strength is enhancing the story of the OT by providing context. Nevertheless, I have come to enjoy them in their own right, and look forward to my yearly Star Wars marathons.

If there's one thing I've learned over the course of my life, it's that nothing, least of all taste, is as objective as you think when you are young, my friend.
>>
>>95379420
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>95368281

no, you, fag.
>>
>>95379420
It sucked but at least Lucas had more than just money on his mind. It was on his mind a lot but he was trying to tell a story as best he can, even if it came out badly.

The new movies are made by a committee who sit at a table, discuss demographics and market trends to find what will sell the most. If they were actually interested in telling a good story they would have made a movie that wasn't A New Hope 2.0.
>>
>>95379383
>>95379430
These are excellent points. I still thought I and II were worse movies.
>>
>>95372845
Because of the superb animation and art direction you fucking philistine.
>>
>>95365371
this looks retarded, and the character design is chunky and unappealing
fuck you, OP
>>
>>95379612
That's our anon.
>>
>>95379436
Whats the point of a superstar rank cast if your main character actor is shit?
Also...
I get that they had some good political issues treated in prequel, but the good writing is the writing that pulls it off with entertainement.
You see, thats what the OT nailed the most. You didnt see darth vader making a speech about galaxy politics or boba fett and solo discussing about interplanetary smugling issues for more than half of a movie. It was just implyed there. And thats what made it great.
>>
>>95379969
Tell me, what political issues are discussed at length in the prequels?

None. By their nature the prequels had to be at least somewhat political, because they are about the downfall of a republic and the rise of an empire as much as they are about the downfall of Anakin and the rise of Darth Vader. But the political issues in the prequels are not treated with any nuance or discussed at any length. They are only there to show that the Republic is corrupt. That's it. And there's only a handful of political scenes at that; the vote of no confidence in TPM, the Military Creation vote in AOTC, and the dissolution of the republic in ROTS. 90% of the prequels are still classic Star Wars action.
>>
>>95379612

If you really think that then you have exceedingly poor taste anon.
>>
>>95364997
Fuck. Off. Filonifag.
>>
>>95365503
>I get that, but why did he want TCW Grievous to be similar to ROTS Grievous

Because that's what he created the character to be. TCW Greivous is the truest iteration of the character. GennedyWars Greivous is just a couple of fucks taking some concept art and making their own character from it.

Greivous was always meant to be a guy loaded up with a shit-ton of bells and whistles masking an inferiority complex, because he doesn't have the guts to be great on his own.
>>
>>95380859
>Because that's what he created the character to be.
No? The character was originally created to be threatening and scary, that's what the designers worked off of.
>>
>>95372845
Pretty easy for me to do. I have fond memories of watching the DVDs of Genndywars between episodes II and III when my family had Star wars movie marathons.
>>
>>95379194
>when The first prequel movie came out in 2001
Gee, you really seem to know your stuff.
>>
>>95379383
>makes the struggle in the OT pointless
I will never understand this complaint. What else were they supposed to do with a sequel? Did you expect there to be a billion years of peace where everyone lives happily ever after?
>>
>>95381328
>What else were they supposed to do with a sequel?

Not make one?
>>
>>95381343
Sure, that's a fine option, but it's also intentionally evading the question.

There had been sequels in book and comic form for decades, and they had conflict that took place after the fall of the Emperor, that doesn't mean they rendered the OT pointless, and neither does TFA.
>>
>>95379601
Now what's the serious answer?
>>
>>95381443
That's because nobody cares about the books desu.

Alternatively, make a sequel where the struggle wasn't for nothing. The Republic is rebuilt with Leia as the Chancellor, Luke commands a fledgling Jedi order, and Han is a retired war hero whose dragged back into a new conflict.

But they wanted to recreate the setting of the OT, so they blew up the republic, made a new rebellion, reset Han to a smuggler, killed all the Jedi off-screen, and made Luke a hermit like Yoda.
>>
File: 6454518461541.jpg (138KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
6454518461541.jpg
138KB, 400x367px
The real question is which rendition of clones are superior?

Genndys silent super operators or Filonis run of the mill soldiers?
>>
>>95381694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY
>>
>>95381633
That's the thing that pissed me off about 7. Nothing in OT mattered. I was hoping that 8 it'd turn out Luke had other Jedi with him or something but it's the Last Jedi. Fucking bullshit.

I just hope EU stuff that'll explain Ben Solo going Sandy Holk will be entertaining
>>
>>95381694
Both?

Fordo is my favorite clone just for his fall back shit on Coruscant but Rex is up there with him
>>
>>95381694
Both it was mostly just ARC troopers in Genndys though
>>
>>95379426
Also had two of the best duels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg&t=180s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE
>>
File: Senate_District_ROTS.png (3MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Senate_District_ROTS.png
3MB, 1600x1067px
>>95380230
it's not so much about what is "discussed" so much as what's shown and how characters and classes of characters relate to each other. It might seem overcomplicated because there's a million characters with silly alien names but the point always comes back to "people and cultures can be easily manipulated if they can't understand the bigger picture." Which most people apparently can't because people listen to stuff more than they watch (read) it i guess.

Like here's something I recently noticed: Coruscant and the death star are extremely similar visually. What does that say about the people who built Coruscant?
>>
>>95381136
>No?

Yes. Grievous is Geroge's creation, not Gennedy's
>>
>>95382406
That's what I'm saying. In the behind the scenes footage, Lucas talked about how he wanted something that's scary or threatening, with him ultimately deciding on the current design from all the choices shown to him, since he liked the idea of something also organic and machine, similar to Vader.

Unless there's other footage that talks about Lucas creating him to ultimately be a sickly and ineffectual villain that I didn't find, at least.
>>
>>95382629
One of the first traits that George described Greivous with was that he liked the image of a "coughing droid", which was absent from Genndy's cartoon until literally the last two minutes.
>>
>>95382764
Where's your source?
>>
>>95364997
>Waaah good things are popular so they must be bad
>>
>>95382970
>Waaah good things are popular so they must be bad

Not the other anon, but Gennedywars is neither good or popular (anymore).
>>
>>95376169
>false analysis = p-paying attention
>>
File: 64561546146545418541541.jpg (103KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
64561546146545418541541.jpg
103KB, 720x406px
DUDE INSTEAD OF USING OUR GUNS OR STAR CRAFT LETS FUCKING JOUST
>>
>>95383602
>literally quoting shit from the cartoon
>false analysis
>>
>>95383698
It was effective AND looked fucking rad.
>>
File: Ahsoka-PP.jpg (32KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka-PP.jpg
32KB, 360x480px
can't have anyone outclassing his fucking waifu >>95364997
fuck off tumblr
>>
>>95374722
Shadow of Malevolance?

Maybe?
>>
>>95364410
No, the mashed chest is a copout. His body was not aerobic. The circuits and actuators were powered by a power cell, and he moved because his brain's synapses were wired into the cybernetic body. His lungs, heart and other organs were just there to keep his brain alive.
>>
File: 1494266876377.gif (1012KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494266876377.gif
1012KB, 250x250px
Personally, as a mechafag, I just feel like losing Genndy's terminator Grievous takes away any pretense of droids being relevant from the setting.

After so much force-user dicksucking, and endless scenes of droids being worthless fodder for the good guys to smash through, I felt so fucking hyped when suddenly came this new cyborg dude that turned into a nightmare for the Jedi, in direct combat but SPECIALLY as a tactician, making the previous stiff jobber army into a terror.

As of now I've learned to accept that Star Wars isn't the setting I should be looking at when I'm looking for robot action, but a setting to enjoy space spellswords.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>95364410
Filoni Grievous doesn't even match up to movie Grievous.

He's a bigger pussy, has a lamer voice, and and his design is neutered too, (barely even wears his cape)

Why did they wait until a season that got cancelled to give Grievous his proper episode 3 look?

Fuck's sake, it's ironic how I hated the clone wars so much but the cancellation made me sad because we were FINALLY going to get some solo anakin and obi-wan adventures without the mary sue tagging along
>>
>>95384562
It also has continuity issues.
>>You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!

Obi-Wan should know that already.
>>
>>95384562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVzlz0LkmOc

>actually make grievous badass
>episode gets cancelled

fuck me

but mostly fuck this faggot. maybe try putting that stuff in earlier
>>
>>95384642
He's really not as good a writer as some people seem to think he is.
>>
File: 124123192831.png (60KB, 520x484px) Image search: [Google]
124123192831.png
60KB, 520x484px
If you post Genndy stuff in the Star Wars general on /co/ they get REALLY sensitive about it.
>>
>>95384689
Yeah, it's kinda off-putting.
>>
>>95384735
It's mainly four or five really genuinely autistic guys and a bunch of stragglers.
>>
>>95384689
im glad we had a star wars thread live om /co/ that fucking general kills all star wars discussion most of the time
>>
>>95384689
>fans of a bad flash cartoon act like it's the second coming

Something something pastel horses
>>
>>95385116
>flash cartoon is better than giant 3d series
>FUCK YOU FAGGOT!!!! FUCK YOU FAKE FAN
>>
>>95384689
You're the one who keeps making threads about it after they autisted at you, my man. Just let it go.
>>
>>95385189
Autists deserve to be made fun of every day.
>>
>>95385116
Genndy wars was not flash you dumbshit. It looks nothing like flash.
>>
File: 6545164314849154.png (183KB, 501x786px) Image search: [Google]
6545164314849154.png
183KB, 501x786px
>>95385116
>>95385163
I wouldnt really argue over this

Clone Wars fans who shit on Rebels get the same treatment its like an endless cycle
>>
>>95385343
Why do people want to be in shitty Tribalist warring groups all the time? It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>95385322
Could have fooled me. Has the same lack of depth, weightless animation, it doesn't even have shading.
>>
>>95385415
>it doesn't even have shading.
Not a lot of shows do.
>>
>>95384562
>I hated the clone wars so much
Why? It started off rough but was a great show from season 3 onwards.
>>
>>95385474
Not everyone cares about Ahsoka and the clones
>>
>>95365338

>jobber
>almost killed Obi Wan Kenobi

He wasn't a jobber in the 3rd movie. He just got killed by the same guy who fucked up the guy who effortlessly bodied Count Dooku, who was on par with Yoda.

Grievous being a cunning and capable combatant who trained constantly with Dooku to get to the peak while using the best augments possible (unlike Vader who got shit augments that were poorly fitted) so he could toe to toe Jedi Knights was a VASTLY better villain than grumpy grumbler forever.

But we all know the retconned characters are better than alot of the new ones. Thrawn is still the single best Star Wars villain in the franchise and he was nothing but a commander who acted like a villain SHOULD act when he was behind his opponent.
>>
I prefer Genndy Wars because it didn't force characters from the movies like Boba and Maul.
>>
>>95364410
clone wars cartoon is the only piece of media in which grievous is portrayed that way
in all other media, he's a slimy, conniving fuck who just so happens to also be able to kick your ass
>>
>>95385614
Does it matter? Most Star Wars fans don't know Maul has a character
>>
>>95385387
since rebels is actually kind of bad
>>
>>95372423
>It's the last of this epic saga. I mean, you've gotta see it on the big screen.
Fond memories of the time where this was true.
>>
>>95373463
>it clearly wasn't enough
It never should have been, because according to you he's made of the shit jedi can sense from a mile away. If he's filled with that much bloodlust and hatred, then the Jedi should have sensed him from a mile away.

Clone Wars was fun to watch, but Gendy is like Monty Oum
Good at fast paced crazy fights, but not much else.
>>
I've noticed an odd phenomenon with people my age(22). Most people in my graduating class(2013) relate to Ben 10(2005, mostly the first 2 seasons), Avatar the last airbender, Clone wars 2003, and American dragon: jake long with our childhoods, albeit our late childhoods.

But shows like Chowder, Flapjack, Clone wars 2008, and Back to the Barnyard, which came out just a mere 1-2 years later, people my age see as 'garbage' or something that was not for us, but for the graduating classes a few years younger than us.

It seems like anything that debuted in the 2005-2006 school year was the last to have an impact on our childhoods, while anything that debuted after that school year was not part of people my age's childhoods what so ever.
>>
>>95384689
>disneyfags/filonifags get this defensive when someone calls their shit out, despite them having the high ground with it actually being canon

yeah I wonder who's really sensitive here

>>95384674
no kidding. do you think /co/ would give half a fuck about clone wars if "ORANGE BUTTCHEEKS XD" wasn't in it? Just imagine how little attention it would have gotten here.
>>
>>95385474
>>95385506
>dude let's develop characters that aren't in the movies or are inevitably going to just turn evil because order 66 lol

it's a complete waste of time

what I wanted were proper anakin/obi-wan episodes and interactions
>>
Fellas Fellas

Both Clone Wars cartoons have their positives and negatives but we can all agree on that Rebels sucks dick.
>>
>>95387590
This.

Rebels is like vidya while on Very Easy difficulty.
Though it has a few good moments.
>>
File: 1343097118778.jpg (123KB, 313x241px) Image search: [Google]
1343097118778.jpg
123KB, 313x241px
>>95387590
I like the concept of the Inquisitors, but I hate everything else about that show
>mfw they're going to show up in the Vader comic soon (which is a great comic) and don't have to associate them with Rebels anymore
>>
>>95379612
Found the underage.
>>
>>95387590
Rebels is great faggot.

Better than the early seasons of TCW.
>>
>>95387929
>EU fanservice
>great

LEL
>>
>>95365232

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtFvAymnWA

>Blocks your argument
>>
File: 545645454275747.jpg (780KB, 686x964px) Image search: [Google]
545645454275747.jpg
780KB, 686x964px
>>95387590
This anon speaks the truth ignore disney wars
>>
>>95387949
Then I guess TCW and GenndyWars are bad too
>>
Star Wars rebels felt like they toned down the violence a lot. Remember that scene in TCW cgi when a bunch of clone troopers used flame throwers and roasted the geonosians onscreen.
>>
>>95387929
>>95388029
Are you kidding me? Even the fucking movie is better than Rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK7LXyMdUW4
>>
>>95388072
Genosians aren't people. They don't deserve rights.
>>
>rebelsfag comes in and subsequently gets assblasted
>>
File: 54616484971516.jpg (37KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
54616484971516.jpg
37KB, 526x526px
>>95388088
You see in Rebels Hevy would suddenly turn out a okay with a quick quip from Zeb or Chopper
>>
>>95388088
>>95388148
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVXQkHizI8s

Face it Rebels sucks
>>
>>95388168
So you've not watched Rebels then? Because characters can and do die. In fact, the S3 finale had one sacrificing himself in a kamikaze attack. But of course, that would require you to actually watch the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w92chaTOY0g

>>95388298
Not seeing an argument
>>
File: Grievous kills Nahdar.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous kills Nahdar.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>
File: 1489016969736.jpg (88KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1489016969736.jpg
88KB, 653x477px
>>95388475
>>a character with no personality beyond "ima commander"
>>six or seven minutes of total screen time
>>no bearing on the plot or the characters
>>
File: Grievous makes an entrance.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous makes an entrance.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>
>>95388475
OH NO NOT GENERAL ASIAN!!!!
>>
>>95379194
>I was 7 when The first prequel movie came out in 2001, saw all the movies in movie theater and I still recognize them as shit.
>2001
eh???
Phantom Menace was 1999 faggot
>>
>>
>>95388624
I hope you're not suggesting TCW was any fucking better in this regard
>>
>>95371242
I know this bait but if you aren't engaged by a painting you're actually retarded
>>
File: Grievous kills Old Daka.webm (3MB, 960x408px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous kills Old Daka.webm
3MB, 960x408px
>>
>>95379436
>All of this in conjunction with a very ambitious story, that frankly was probably too big for three movies
can you explain this?
i'm not a Star Wars fan by any means, and episode III is my favorite, but Im curious in what ways there was too much story for 3 films

Did you like episode 7 or rogue one?
>>
File: 1342848159734.jpg (47KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
1342848159734.jpg
47KB, 390x310px
>>95371242
the fucking STATE of /swco/
>>
>>95379460
It was made to sell toys and that's it. There's nothing there but action figures without personalities and racist characatures.
>>
File: 4645114945619.gif (2MB, 181x292px) Image search: [Google]
4645114945619.gif
2MB, 181x292px
>>95388475
Dee Bradly Baker had to voice every single clone character yet he managed to make do by giving each clone certain attitudes and tones. Steven Blum voices every random soldiers on both the empire and rebels yet he cant be arsed to differentiate his voice?
>>
>>95388736
I haven't watched it in about two years at this point but killing off a nothing character proves very little. Asohka leaving the Jedi Order, from what I can remember, was far more impactful than General Whatever dying because she had a choice that you could understand. She was hung out to dry and the people who did it asked her to come back with no hurt feelings.

And she said 'no'.
>>
>>95382163
>Like here's something I recently noticed: Coruscant and the death star are extremely similar visually. What does that say about the people who built Coruscant?
i noticed that.
what was the meaning of that do you think?
>>
File: Grievous you can't be serious.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous you can't be serious.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>
>>95365540
she's cute
>>
>>95388860
ventress is very cute
>>
Name one good thing about Rebels that is not "muh Thrawn" or "muh Vader"
>>
>>95381136
>No? The character was originally created to be threatening and scary, that's what the designers worked off of.

But that's not what Lucas had in mind.

The whole "Mace Windu force crushed his chest" is a solution Gendy came up with when he found out Grevious was going to be a weak coughing loser in the movies and wanted to try and reconcile that with the badass he was in the miniseries.

Other works didn't get a chance to include it.

Clone Wars, having come out after the movies had already established Grievous as a coughing mustache twirling villain continued with it as canon and basically ignored all the earlier stuff where he was a badass because none of that stuff was actually made by Lucas.
>>
I know people like to argue about TCW vs CW Grievous but what about what TCW did to the droids? I absolutely hated how they were basically turned into comedy relief half the time and that those really fucking stupid voices.
>>
>>95388624
>>a character with no personality beyond "ima commander"
you mean like the character with no personality beyond "ima heavy weapons clone"

see? I can be unreasonably dismissive of characters too.

>>six or seven minutes of total screen time
much more than that, try watching the show. he appears in a multitude of episodes.

>>no bearing on the plot or the characters
did you even watch the clip? Sato's death is the very reason Ezra was able to escape and go get help.

>>95388809
It's not like Stormtroopers have ever sounded all that different
>>
>>95389046
Not like it matters unless you're an autist. The Genndy explanation for his cough is fine if you don't watch TCW.
>MUH CANON

Who cares?
>>
>>95383698
Fuck you, jousting is sick as hell
>>
>>95388778
>Im curious in what ways there was too much story for 3 films

The narrative is spread too thin over too much time. You barely get to know Anakin as a kid before he's reintroduced as an adult, and 80% of his actual downfall is crammed into ROTS, with 100% of the "He was a good friend" stuff in the first 15 minutes. This is why people love the 3D cartoon so much because you can do a lot more with the characters in 3 years over 30 hours than 13 years over 6.

>Did you like episode 7 or rogue one?

I enjoyed watching Episode 7 in the theater but I have not been moved to rewatch it since. If Rey is anything but Luke's daughter my opinion will probably lower, she had far too much plot armor even by Star Wars standards. It was a fairly competent action movie on the whole, but the plot swerving into Starkiller Base was an awful mistake. Like, I can't believe anyone signed off on that idea as the immediate followup to ROTJ. And the plot wasn't even about Starkiller, it was about Luke, Starkiller just comes out of nowhere.

I liked Rogue One. The characters were sort of cardboard but it was pretty ballsy to end it like it did. Any major grievances I had were redeemed by that final setpiece battle. Still, I likewise haven't been moved to rewatch it since theaters. Star Wars without the vision of Lucas feels lacking to me, and right now seems to be little more than spectacle.

Interested to see how the new one turns out.
>>
>>95389039
The one episode with the clones, and the one with Rex and the Droids.
>>
>>95389039
The animation quality is leaps and bounds above TCW Season 1, and some of TCW Season 2. Season 3(and what we've seen of 4) is approaching TCW S3-4 quality)
>>
>>95389039
McQuarrie aesthetic is more visually pleasing than the marionette/3D Genndy look of TCW
>>
>>95389400
I'd agree if I wasn't more used to TCW's style rebels just looks really off by comparison.
>>
>>95389212
>>you mean like the character with no personality beyond "ima heavy weapons clone"
I never praised Clone Wars in my post.

>>much more than that, try watching the show. he appears in a multitude of episodes.
For a few seconds or a minute at a time and does fuck all.

>>did you even watch the clip? Sato's death is the very reason Ezra was able to escape and go get help.
He would have escaped regardless.
>>
>>95389039
>based Kanan
>the Inquisitors are neat villains that they should utilize more
>Ezra's gunsaber
>KotoR slowly making its way back to canon with Malachor and what sounded like Kreia's force ghost
>>
>>95389462
It doesn't look off, just different. If Rebels was part of TCW but looked this way I'd agree, but it isn't.
>>
>>95389466
>I never praised Clone Wars in my post.
Nice try, I know it's you

>For a few seconds or a minute at a time and does fuck all.
So you didn't watch the show

>He would have escaped regardless.
No, Ezra couldn't escape without that Interdictor being disabled.

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>95387778
>which is a great comic
Isn't that the comic with the shitty art and dialogue? I just remember seeing some out of context pages and it looked awful.
>>
File: 94516843418461484141.jpg (35KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
94516843418461484141.jpg
35KB, 400x509px
>>95389304
Im pretty sure TCW never reused civilian assets....
>>
File: Rebels_Stormtrooper_2.jpg (299KB, 1400x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Rebels_Stormtrooper_2.jpg
299KB, 1400x1494px
>>95389504
It starts to look worse when they bring in TCW characters. Also side note I really hate the stormtroopers helmets but that's just a nitpick.
>>
>>95389263
>>The narrative is spread too thin over too much time. You barely get to know Anakin as a kid before he's reintroduced as an adult, and 80% of his actual downfall is crammed into ROTS,
ahh
yeah that makes sense, i can agree with you there.
I'm not sure how else Lucas could have handled it, considering he doesn't seem to be all that competent. Not being a big fan, Episode V seems to be the best overall, and I wonder if the prequel trilogy would have improved by leaps and bounds had they had a co-director, or different screenwriters,
>>
>>95389476
The gunsaber was retarded. And Kreia would never debase herself to be a 'Force weapon'. She would be an old bitch and tell the main characters to stop using the Force.

>>95389542
>>Nice try, I know it's you
Who? I'm not the Star Wars boogeyman.

I did and it isn't great. It isn't complete shit, until the sabercopter bullshit (which I'm sure you will defend), but it still sucks.
>>
>>95389550
Oh I assure you anon, it did. Even in Season 5.
>>
File: 654845489154.jpg (232KB, 728x1590px) Image search: [Google]
654845489154.jpg
232KB, 728x1590px
If Rebels is sooooo good why is it only getting 4 seasons and has an abysmal viewer ship?

Looking at the ratings Clone Wars from seasons 1-5 always pulled in high viewer counts. Even the lowest viewer counts Clone Wars ever got beats out Rebels highest. This is probably due to the fact that Disney XD is premium while CN is a regular cable listing but still the name Star Wars alone should be pulling in more than what Rebels gets.

>Clones series premiere view counts 3.99 million
>Rebels series premiere view counts 2.74

After the premiere a majority of Rebels episodes never got anywhere close to 1 million
>Lowest view count regular Clone Wars episode is 1.35 million
>Highest view count regular Rebels episode 1.03 million
>>
>>95389561
>It starts to look worse when they bring in TCW characters.
I think all the TCW characters they've brought in have looked fine

> Also side note I really hate the stormtroopers helmets but that's just a nitpick.
I like the goofy look. Yeah it's exaggerated but it's on purpose
>>
>>95384394
Sad but true. Droids and robots are always second fiddle to the space wizards wielding the force
>>
>>95389611
>I'm not sure how else Lucas could have handled it

I certainly think he did the best he could considering how he chose to go about it. Once he decided to make Anakin a 9-year old everything kinda got railroaded.

>I wonder if the prequel trilogy would have improved by leaps and bounds had they had a co-director, or different screenwriters

It's funny you should say this, because George actually asked many of his old colleagues, like Spielberg and Kasdan, for help writing and directing the prequels, but literally everyone told him that he should do it himself. The skewering Lucas has gotten for "surrounding himself with yes-men" is decidedly undeserved IMO.

I enjoy the prequels for what they are. They're certainly not better than the OT, or even as good, but they are not the cinematic abortions certain people make them out to be either.
>>
>>95389622
>Who? I'm not the Star Wars boogeyman.
You're the guy posting about Hevy dying

>I did and it isn't great.
Suuure.

>It isn't complete shit, until the sabercopter bullshit (which I'm sure you will defend), but it still sucks.
Sabercopters are dumb but Star Wars is full of dumb shit. I'm not saying they are good, I'm just saying complaining about them is silly
>>
File: 7464619181947.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7464619181947.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>Hyping up the Darth Maul versus Obi Wan episode
>Thinking we will maybe get more insight to mauls state of mind or how Obi wan lives on Tatooine maybe even a young Luke
>NO FUCK YOU HERE EZRA AND CHOOPER GO ON AN ADVENTURE

I fucking dropped Rebels I cannot see how you assholes can actually defend it after that
>>
>>95389846
It's not the problem of the TCW characters but sometimes they seem to clash with the style. And yeah I get the point and sometimes it works well like with Vader or scout troopers, I think it's just what they chose to exaggerate.
>>
>>95389907
Link the posts and I'll screenshot it.

Fucking fanboy. Rebels could shit in your lap and you'd defend it. Also, strange how you had no opinion on Kreia because I'd expect a person like you to be frothing at the mouth at her mention. And the gunsaber.
>>
>>95389816
>If Rebels is sooooo good why is it only getting 4 seasons
It only needs 4 seasons to tell the story Filoni wants to tell. Disney greenlit them for the entire story. It could've taken 4 seasons it could've taken 7.

Also, Filoni is head of the Animation division now and has been developing a new show, so he wants to finish up Rebels so the new show can come out.

> and has an abysmal viewer ship?
You're seriously asking why a show on Cartoon Network got more viewers than a show on Disney XD? Do you even understand the difference between the two? One is a channel most people get, the other isn't.

If you look at most DisneyXD shows, they have around the same(or less) viewers than Rebels does. The only episodes they have that get more viewers are ones that also air on Disney's main channel too(which is true of the Rebels premiere).
>>
>>95389969
>It's not the problem of the TCW characters but sometimes they seem to clash with the style.
Like I said, I think the TCW characters they've brought in have looked fine in the style.

>And yeah I get the point and sometimes it works well like with Vader or scout troopers, I think it's just what they chose to exaggerate.
Yeah.
>>
File: Ezra more skilled.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ezra more skilled.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>95390027
>Link the posts and I'll screenshot it.
scroll up in the thread, I'm not gonna spoonfeed you faggot

>Fucking fanboy. Rebels could shit in your lap and you'd defend it.
It hasn't though. Just like TCW didn't(though it got close a few times)

> Also, strange how you had no opinion on Kreia because I'd expect a person like you to be frothing at the mouth at her mention.
Kreia, KOTOR II, and Avellone's bullshit can fuck off and die

>And the gunsaber.
The gunsaber is fine. It's a neat design that worked with Ezra not being good with a saber yet and needing to still defend himself. I wasn't sad when it was destroyed though. I like Ezra's new saber.
>>
>>95389039
muh Tarkin
>>
>>95389907
>Star Wars is full of dumb shit

It amazes me that both EUfags and Nucanonfags still don't fucking get this.
>>
File: 1505510514641.jpg (19KB, 491x488px) Image search: [Google]
1505510514641.jpg
19KB, 491x488px
>>95390411
>>Kreia, KOTOR II, and Avellone's bullshit can fuck off and die
And the fanboy rears its ugly head.

Your post is full of garbage and you should feel bad about it. You can't prove anything other than having a shit opinion.
>>
>>95389893
>>It's funny you should say this, because George actually asked many of his old colleagues, like Spielberg and Kasdan, for help writing and directing the prequels, but literally everyone told him that he should do it himself. The skewering Lucas has gotten for "surrounding himself with yes-men" is decidedly undeserved IMO.
LMFAO WHAT?
i never knew this.
makes WAYYYYYY more sense, and makes him seem like much less of an arrogant dick.
>I enjoy the prequels for what they are.
I dont think they're terrible, just mediocre.
Revenge of the Sith remains my favorite, and probably will continue to remain my favorite though.
>>
>>95390522
>the Genndyfag is also an autistic Avellonefag

who would have guessed

Enjoy eating Chris Avellone's shit anon
>>
>>95390842
I like TSL and Clone Wars. Neither are perfect but they're far better than what you're shilling.

Your fanboy opinion is sad and pathetic.
>>
>>95390925
>I like TSL and Clone Wars. Neither are perfect but they're far better than what you're shilling.
Go ahead, continue to defend that garbage.

>Your fanboy opinion is sad and pathetic.
Says the guy defending "LE TOTALLY MORAL GREY" the game(except we're not morally grey at all you have to either be a dick or be good but then your actions don't help people anyways)
>>
>>95390781
I'm a TPM man myself, but I'll list my highlights from each movie.

TPM
>Qui-Gon Jinn, Taoist Jedi
>retrofuturistic Naboo aesthetic, Flash Gordon for the 21st century
>fucking podracing, literally a sci-fi Ben-Hur chariot race

AOTC
>Obi-Wan Kenobi, noir detective
>Jango Fett actually gets to do shit unlike Boba who just stood around and looked cool
>Hayden gets his best scene with the death of his mom
>Clones have some awesome armor and equipment
>Geonosis is a great mashup of gladiator flicks, monster movies, and Vietnam war documentary footage

ROTS
>dat incredible opening space battle
>Grievous vs Obi-Wan
>Yoda vs Sidious
>Obi-Wan vs Anakin
>Anakin's descent into isolation, paranoia, and finally madness
>>
Does anyone have that copypasta making fun of Tartakovsky's Clone Wars? It's written in this style.
>>
>>95377320
At the very least Cortosis would have been nice.
>>
>>95391045
Rich Evans. Stop.

>>defend that garbage
I'm willing to bet you either watched twenty minutes of the dialogue or played it halfway through and fell out of favour with every character.

Kreia wanted to prove herself right, but was willing, at the end, to admit she was an old woman with a lot of excuses.
>>
>>95391117
>>Hayden gets his best scene with the death of his mom
that was a fucking based scene, no lie

The battles are what make ROTS take the cake for me, the battles and the music
honestly, I dont think you can top Anakin VS Obi-Wan, the music, the choreography...those moments where they just go steadily back and forth countering each others counters because they know each other so well, is divine
>>
>>95392011
>Rich Evans. Stop.
Nice try, but I'm not a plinkettfag.

>I'm willing to bet you either watched twenty minutes of the dialogue or played it halfway through and fell out of favour with every character.
I've played through the game multiple times, both with and without the TSLRCM and other mods.

>Kreia wanted to prove herself right, but was willing, at the end, to admit she was an old woman with a lot of excuses.
Kreia was Avellone's self insert, but she's not the only example of the game being retarded morally
>>
>>95392182
Then you'd realize that she admits she may be wrong. She's just so old and set in her ways, and angry that she was the Council's scapegoat, that she won't give up.

Self insert or not, she's right. Your retarded opinion is still shit, and the rest of the thread will continue to laugh at you.
>>
>>95392301
>Then you'd realize that she admits she may be wrong. She's just so old and set in her ways, and angry that she was the Council's scapegoat, that she won't give up.
Again, Kreia is just one aspect of Avellone's bullshit in that game

>Self insert or not, she's right.
Nope.

>Your retarded opinion is still shit, and the rest of the thread will continue to laugh at you.
Ow the edge. Also, no one else is laughing.
>>
>>95391534
is this it?

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78094347/#78102984
>>
lel someone linked this thread to /swco/ so the autists flocked here
>>
>>95392182
why would you play through something you think is so shitty so many times? if you've spent that long on something you thought was shit, is your time just totally worthless?
>>
>>95394929
>why would you play through something you think is so shitty so many times?
because some aspects of the game were fun enough to keep me coming back. The music was great for TSL too.

I'm allowed to criticise a game and still enjoy some parts of it, am I not?

> if you've spent that long on something you thought was shit, is your time just totally worthless?
nope
>>
>>95388825
they both control the galaxy, one through an outright and easily understandable show of force (big shooty lazer kill planet) the other through bureaucracy, dispatching armies and mercenaries (jedi) to take care of dirty work, and eventually subsuming vast alien cultures into the larger monoculture. The senate is full of crazy ghoulies, for example, but they all speak the king's english
>>
>>95393486
No, it was poking fun at how in the Clone Wars cartoon the jedi could do superhuman acrobatics and had crazy force powers and in A New Hope Obi Wan and Vader's duel was just them standing still and slowly swinging lightsabers.
>>
>>95396385
Was it a "Watch out" style one or a "Luke did I ever tell you about" type
>>
>>95391534
>>95396385
>You fought in the Clone Wars?

>Yes. I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.
>That reminds me. Luke, did I ever tell you that in our prime (which happened to be a mere 20 years ago), the Jedi had Dragon Ball Z powers and could destroy armies single-handedly, run at lightning fast speed, deflect blaster bolts with stunning precision, jump tens of thousands of feet in the air, and hover around for prolonged periods of time? "Crouching Jedi, Hidden Sith" sums up that era well.
>Now that I'm an old man, I can't do any of that anymore. Time is not a good friend.
>>
>>95389967
To be fair, at least when mail and obi wan actually fight it's good
>>
>>95365371
Damn, he was a badass
>>
>>95372587
Why does thay animation look so stiff? Christ
>>
>>95372587
>Greivous goes toe to toe with Darth Mau
You mean that time unarmed maul tackled him then jumped through a window?

Also he got beat and outsmarted by fucking gungans, that pretty much puts the final nail on the coffin of the "this shitty character is not shitty" arguments
>>
>>95384689
Good , SWCO is just autistic trash WHAT IS SHE SWCO XDXD XS
>>
>>95387929
Take a good look at this douche
>>
>>95388728
Christ, he is so slow, it's painful to watch
>>
>>95388831
This was the most retarded thing
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>95389039
Obi-Wan vs Maul
>>
>>95392373
And one else has a stupid hateboner for KOTORII because "muh Georgie Peorgie said it contwadicts da Fowce >:("

Piss off you literal child.
>>
>>95389056
I agree but Revenge of the Sith started that shit so it's not really TCW's fault.
>>
>>95379466
your mom still sore from last week?
>>
File: IMG_6422.jpg (73KB, 542x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6422.jpg
73KB, 542x462px
>>95392182
That's the whole point Kreia is a crazy old bitch. Who's insanity has twisted whatever wisdom she may have gleamed from her years. Maybe she was wrong if the killing the exile/ritual would actually kill the force.
>>
>>95400514
ands it alters the trope of the wise old master (Ben Kenobi) guides student to be better but is evil and deluded and uses the student for their nefarious purposes. Also the old man in assassins creed 1.
>>
>>95398512
>swco is one person
>>
>>95399422
>And one else has a stupid hateboner for KOTORII because "muh Georgie Peorgie said it contwadicts da Fowce >:("

It does contradict the films depiction of the Force. Many people dont like KOTOR II for the reasons that have been stated including that one

>Piss off you literal child.
It's funny that you call me a child when your first sentence is far more childish that any other post in this thread.
>>
>>95402103
Swco is like 8 people in all seriousness.
>>
>>95402684
/swco/ is ~100 people depending on the day and depending on if we've had new content recently or not
>>
>>95399429
I mean, it was only like one scene in the beginning of the movie with R2-D2, the Clone Wars made them act like that all the time. I get that they couldn't have them just say "Roger, Roger" all the time but that nasally fucking voice was not a good solution.
>>
>>95402844
Sure thing buddy
>>
>>95404302
You know you can see the poster count right?
>>
>>95379284
Swap Awakens and Sith and I agree
>>
>>95404348
In truth, that is how I feel, but I figured I had to swap them because nobody likes Awakens in any Star Wars fandom space I glance at
>>
File: 1470802482772.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1470802482772.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>95396477
Haha, that's it. Perfection.
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.