[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Selfless duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

"Selfless duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes to protect the world"

Putting aside the "copout" excuse, would it have been better if Aang killed Ozai?
>>
>>95355131
even with all the power in the world

you are still weak!
>>
>>95355131
i liked this ending.
Gives you a feel that things are not hopeless, even if it seems this way.
there is always another way
>>
You came from the Enter review didn't you?
>>
>>95355176
yea
It was actually good though
>>
I would love to make my own video about ATLA's own inconsistencies and messy world-building in the future...
>>
>>95355131
It would have been different for sure, possibly something you could consider 'better' from a narrative, story-telling perspective from the actual ending we got. It would have taken a more realistic tone, which doesn't necessarily mean it's automatically better, but would make for a interesting and somewhat controversial end, particularly for the main character.

That being said, I think there are other alternative endings that could still keep Aang's wishes for a peaceful resolution intact, without relying on him gaining a skill right when he needed it and, mid way through the ultimate fight, having his chakra's unblocked due to random chance. Had his desire for a peaceful solution lead to him going and searching for alternate methods, even if only a minor sub plot, I think people would have been more accepting of a non-kill ending, even if he gained the power in the same way. As such, had it been an actual plot point during the show particularly during its later stages, there could have been some actual setup to him learning the existence of a non-lethal way of dealing with the problem and going against the expectations of all those around him in his bid to remain true to his ideals. It would show him taking a risk, the greatest risk possibly, but that would be in-keeping with his character and would be understandable as, through his good deeds and triumphs, he could believe that he'd earned the right to take that risk, so the future could start on a more hopeful note, particularly given the dramatic shift another Fire Nation royal had experienced right in front of the guy.
>>
They needed to cut the guru guy,all his nonsense about the final chakra was stupid

>>Aang leave now and you wont be able to use the avatar state at all

>>does it without any meaningful sacrifice or letting go of katara

>>Guru nowhere to be seen after that ep

>>A good poke to the scar unlocks the whole thing anyway

Was there a more useless plot thread in the series?
>>
>>95355131
Killing in a Nickelodeon show? Come on.
>>
>>95355131
The lion turtle was not only a great idea but basically required for thematic closure. The real problem with the ending was that fucking rock.
>>
>>95355859
Literally right before the final fight though? Come on
>>
>>95355395
he should have gone full monk after mastering the avatar state, katara end alone or with zuko
>>
>>95355395
How come this is never criticized?
>>
>>95355172
This.

One of the big points of the series was Aang being pushed into living a very specific life due to being the Avatar, and Aang instead trying to find his own way. Pretty much everyone was telling him to run off and kill the Fire Lord, even some of the past Avatars were fine with the idea.

See: Kyoshi, who it turns out did murder some guy for justified reasons.

While the Turtle Hermit Magical Bullshit was a free get-out-of-jail card when the story really needed a better method of neutralizing the Fire Lord, it did allow Aang to accomplish his goals in his own way. And sure, everything would've ended up fine and pretty much the same even if Aang did just shove a rock spear up the guy's ass, Aang making his own path leaves things open to being a lot more hopeful than if Aang had just killed another guy to stop some more fighting, as had been most of the history of the Avatar at that point.

>>95355859
I'd say it was the other way around. The ending was great closure for Aang and a good way to wrap up his whole story, but the Turtle from nowhere giving him a psudo-magic bullshit solution to the problem was a serious black mark on the ending. It's possible that the ending could not have happened without it, but it was not anywhere as good as Aang discovering or developing his own solution which could lead to the same outcome.
>>
>>95355131
>Implying show wasnt trash in general
>>
>>95355131
Compared to the ending we got I wanna say yes. If the Lion Turtle and Spirit-bending stuff was more fleshed out beforehand then I would be happy with what we got.
>>
File: Lion_turtle_drawing.png (116KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lion_turtle_drawing.png
116KB, 333x250px
>>95356319
>muh lion turtle not foreshadowed!!!
Oh come on anon, that meme was killed off years ago.
>>
File: 1505428354448.png (201KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
1505428354448.png
201KB, 540x404px
>>95357038
>being this contrarian
>>
>>95355395
>>95356940
>How come this is never criticized?
Probably because it's fairly irrelevant. Aang doesn't end up with Katara, but then again, there were plenty of reasons for him not ending up with Katara. (Aang being too young at that point to start a relationship, was one mentioned.) Outside that, as noted, it never really came up again and hardly effected any later episodes, so most people probably forgot about it entirely.
>>
File: 485.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
485.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>95355131
The thing that everyone hating on the ending seems to forget is this one line from Aang:
>I guess I don't have a choice, Momo. I have to kill the Fire Lord.
Aang was FULLY prepared to do it before the lion turtle showed up. That is what is ultimately for his character, events after the fact do not change that.
>>
>>95357133
Fuck it, meant ultimately important.
>>
>>95355131
It would have been a different and less hopeful moral, but probably would have worked better. Ozai being alive leaves a whole slew of Problems hand waves, like the fact that what made him Dangerous and Powerful was not his fire bending, but his Royal status, shrewd Politicking, charismatic aura, utter ruthlessness, and unbridled ambition. Just because he can't bend Fire, doesn't mean he isn't the Fire Lord anymore. Aside from a few malcontents, he had an entire nation backing him either, for a multitude of reasons ranging from devotion to personal gain. Incarcerating him isn't gonna make him stop. The Fire nation isn't a bruised and battered nation, like close of WWII Japan, they're a giant world spanning nation fighting against broken tiny armies and rebels who are just desperately holding on the survival. Even if they don't get to cheese the Earth kingdom via Sozin's comet. It doesn't mean they would stop. Would there be a loss in Morale, definitely, but they wouldn't just give up and go home. Saving the World and bringing back balance just shouldn't be as easy as "beat the BBEG and put him in jail". Not even kill him making a statement and really harming morale, but just locking him in prison where loyalists can break him out. It just feels ridiculous, even for the Avatar world.
>>
File: that's rough buddy.png (521KB, 617x467px) Image search: [Google]
that's rough buddy.png
521KB, 617x467px
>>95355131
Ozai and Azula were irredeemable sociopaths, so sparing them was just a way to make the Ang gang feel good about themselves. Zuko was not irredeemable, and sparing his life was good in the long run.

The problem is, you never know for sure who is irredeemable and who is not without future hindsight, so it's better to jail people instead of execute them. Even irredeemables like Zaheer, who deserved to die, was useful in jail to Korra, even though he didn't repent.
>>
>>95357133
>implying Aang wouldn't have chickened out anyway

He only says this because that's what literally every has told him he needs to do. He was never okay with it
>>
>>95355395
I didn't read into it that much. I was mostly just irritated that they made him Indian, when no other indian people exist. I would have been just as irritated by a white european guy.
>>
>>95356529
I agree. And not just because Zutara is best ship. Aang should have gone back to that one Air Temple where people moved in to teach his ways and then the "lol there are airbenders again" in Korra might have been less nonsensical. I don't think Aang should have been alone, though, he should have ended up with _Azula
>>
>>95355131
Nah, we would call him Avatar of murder or something.
>>
>>95355131
People would just bitch that Aang didn't find any way to solve everything without killing Azai instead.
>>
>>95355131
The ending tells you that you shouldn't compromise your morals and not give up on looking for a better way. It's hopeful and idealistic and it fits the series.

If he did had to kill him in the end, that would be a story about giving up your own morals and "soul" for the good of everybody, excepting sin and violence so millions of others can be free from it.

Ending like that would be as valid and poetic, but obviously grim and sad at it's core. I believe that what they went with fits the series much more.
>>
>>95357267
They would have had some powerful, attractive kids.
>>
>>95355822
To be fair, they did openly talked about death and killing on that show all the time in the way no other kids show did.
It's really amazing how much they got away with.
>>
>>95357133
>Aang was FULLY prepared to do it before the lion turtle showed up
I don't buy it. He may have said it, but he didn't say it with conviction, more like "I guess this is the only option".

Like telling a kid to do their homework and they go "I guess I have to do it".
>>
>>95357166
This. Dio without a stand is still dangerous.
>>
>>95355131
No. It was a shitty copout, but they were going for a Return of the Jedi ending and that fits best, thematically.
>>
>>95357267
Hahaha. That sounds great!
>>
>>95357202
>Ozai and Azula were irredeemable sociopaths

Azula is redeeming herself in the comics.
>>
>>95355395

>does it without any meaningful sacrifice or letting go of katara

Yes he does. In Ba Sing Se, when Katara was getting trashed by like a million Dai Li agents, he just curled himself up in those rocks to unlock the final pathway and go into the Avatar State.

Katara could have very well died in the time it took Aang to do that if the Dai Li overwhelmed her. Aang didn't know either way, but he made the choice to take that chance.

That's the "letting her go of Katara" and unlocking everything. The second he curled up in those rocks, he was saying "this is something I have to do whether she lives or dies" and hence the pathway was unlocked.

Right then and there he mastered the Avatar State.

Unfortunately, three seconds later, while he's transforming, he gets a back full of Azula's lightening and the Avatar State becomes locked up.

But remember, the lightening was a PHYSICAL attack that stopped him, not a mental block. It only makes sense that the cure would also be PHYSICAL, such as your "good poke to the scar."

They talked a lot about he felt guilty for failing at Ba Sing Se, and how he let the world down, and how he felt like the whole world hated him, but at the end of the day, he needed to be physically cured. His guilt had nothing to do with it.

Which all makes sense, since the show is so influenced by Eastern Culture, such as Acupuncture.
>>
>>95355131
No, would totally betray his character

Its like those people who thought Mob should have fought at the end of Mob Psycho 100, they just dont get it
>>
>>95357651
Barely. She just kidnapped children instead of doing something horrible to them.

And she's likely only restraining herself so that she can worm her way into Zuko's pants later
>>
>>95357744

>Barely. She just kidnapped children instead of doing something horrible to them.

She smoked out the ozai supporters so zuko could apprehend them and end corruption. Also stop it with your incest shit.
>>
>>95355131
Aang would be to pussy to do it. It'd be tight if sokkas space sword came out of nowhere from when he dropped it and just impaled the fire lord.
>>
File: Kuei_and_Bosco.png (51KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Kuei_and_Bosco.png
51KB, 200x150px
>>95355395
>>95356940
Book Three has always been criticized for it's overt cop-outs and dropping plot threads.
>final season starts with important side character that's been crucial to recent plot points wandering off to do nothing
>>
>>95358011
Azula didn't do it to smoke out Ozai supporters, she did it to create crises that would force Zuko to act more authoritarian and take control. She allied with and used the New Ozai society to do this, knowing that they would take the fall when Zuko eventually handled the situation, but she did it purely to forge Zuko into the man she thinks the Fire Lord ought to be. If she had intended or cares to smoke out Ozai supporters, she would have handled them herself or betrayed them halfway through the story once they had actually started acting. Also

>Implying Azula has been giving off "I am confused and unstable and am unable to to comprehend the mess of emotions I feel for the people close to me, especially my Brother" vibes the entirety of the time she's been in the comics.
>>
>>95358779
Hasn't been*
This always happens
>>
>>95358779

You are implying she doesn't have ulterior motives she is hiding from Zuko. If she really wanted to corrupt Zuko she wouldn't have told her plans. Also

>All that shit

dude you need help if you picked up any incestuous vibes from the comics. seriously only fucked up people shoehorn fetishes in scenarios.
>>
>>95359025
>I-I-I'm just trying to corrupt you. I-I'm not doing this to help you! S-stupid Zuzu!
And you say I'm the one inserting my fetishes.

Azula in her mind, doing what she thinks is right and is trying to show Zuko the proper way to rule. Her revealing her motivations doesn't negate that. If anything, it actually makes it more likely that that is her true motive, as the entire crises was engineered to show Zuko that in tough times a strong leader has to enforce his rule and policies even if they're unpopular and if he had gone into the the situation with a hardened heart and an iron fist, it would have been resolved much more quickly and efficiently.
>>
>>95359025
Fuck off, Scrapper
>>
>>95355131
I don't think Aang should've killed Ozai, but i don't know how to write it better than this unfortunately as i do feel like it lacked some self-reflexion.
>>
>>95359208

That shows that Azula is trying to do good in her own Azula way.
>>
>>95355131
Would people be more ok with this if Aang somehow discovered that Bloodbending could take away people's bending and just asked Katara to remove Ozai's powers? Or figured it out himself?
>>
>>95357237
>>95357447
>He may have said it, but he didn't say it with conviction
He actually said it with very strong conviction. Rewatch that scene.

That's what sold it for me, in fact. There was no hesitation there anymore.
>>
>>95358460
Um, that was a great idea - keeping him around would have made the story even worse in Book 3.
Not every plot thread needs to be resolved.
>>
>>95358460
Doesn't Bosco get followed up on in Korra? Didn't someone eat him?
>>
>>95360298
That would have been almost incomparably worse of an ending.
>>
>>95360386
Nobody here cares about Korra.
>>
>>95360416
For someone who doesn't care, you sure are salty.

I never even finished S2, thought it was shit, I was just curious.
>>
>>95360446
Yeah the Earth Queen, i assume the Atla kings daughter, ate Bosco.
>>
>>95360446
For someone who didn't actually watch the show, you sure are quick to insult. As unlike you I did actually watch the whole series, I can tell you that you are correct - the new ruler of the EK was rumored to have done so, and Bryke later confirmed that in a commentary.

(It's one of the many horrifying things LOK did that should never be shown in animation, whether for kids or adults. But I digress.)
>>
>>95360548
>I watched four series of something I didn't like, so I have earned the right to insult

Nobody put a gun to your head, Anon.
>>
>>95360386

Yeah. His daughter, the cunty Earth Queen supposedly ate him.
>>
I've always argued that Batman not killing the Joker because 'then I'd be no better' was bullshit because a hero is supposed to sacrifice themselves, and that goes on an idealistic level too. I know it's all just a plot device to tell the same story for decades on end.
>>
>>95360658
That is needlessly mean for no reason
>>
>>95355176
Can i get a link to said review?
>>
I enjoy stories that culminate in a sacrifice, whether it's in lives or in values. I might be biased, but I'd take Aang killing the Fire Lord over the Lionturtle any day.
>>
File: spoon-feed.jpg (31KB, 699x400px) Image search: [Google]
spoon-feed.jpg
31KB, 699x400px
>>95362899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ekVcFsa2A
>>
>>95362899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ekVcFsa2A

It's pretty gud.
>>
>>95363050
>>95363061

Thanks anons, I will improve my googlefu in the future.
>>
File: neverhurtstohelp.gif (868KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
neverhurtstohelp.gif
868KB, 500x282px
>>95363103
No problem; always happy to help.
>>
File: AvatarAang.png (339KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
339KB, 720x480px
I think I might have preferred it if the finale played out exactly the same way, minus Aang's miraculous power boost from the Lionturtle. Without the ability to Energybend, he's forced into a stalemate that he can't break without killing Ozai, and as the fight drags on, it becomes increasingly clear that Aang can't do it- he's come very far on his journey, but he's still not ready for this, he's not ready to pass final judgment on another living person, even if it's Ozai.

Maybe he's finally able to wear Ozai down and restrain him, perhaps thinking of making him stand trial or otherwise face a form of justice that doesn't have to come directly from him... And then Zuko, who's been watching Aang struggle, comes in and strikes the killing blow himself.

Aang's initially furious with Zuko for killing Ozai when he was restrained, insisting that if they could bring him to trial, maybe there was a chance he could someday be rehabilitated, somehow. Zuko, however, is certain that nothing less that death would have stopped his father, and that he recognized and accepted this necessity long before Aang ever did. He reveals that he always suspected Aang wouldn't be able to go through with it, and while he's come to respect Aang's pacifistic point of view, he also came ready to do what was necessary if Aang faltered.

The finale proceeds, Zuko becomes Fire Lord, Aang prepares to rebuild the nation of the Air Nomads. Zuko and Aang remain amiable for the sake of preserving their friendship, but this severe ideological difference, and the mutual understanding that Zuko did what Aang could not, creates a rift that never fully heals.
>>
>>95355131

It robbed Aang of any development by giving him a convenient out. But it's a kids show so whatever.
>>
Test.
>>
>>95363061
>>95363050
Anyone else think this review was actually pretty on point?
>>
File: 1500518915004.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1500518915004.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>95363050
>>95363061
wow good job shills you want to post some tumblers about some nobody bitching too
>>
>>95360658
>>95360548
>It's confirmed she ate Bosco
Time to watch that cunts death scene again. I hope the Earth King was dead or something because I can't imagine he'd actually let her eat Bosco.
>>
>Imprisoning somebody for life is somehow more morally OK than killing them
I fucking hate how common this meme is culturally. You may as well torture somebody because 'at least you're not killing them'.
>>
>>95366900
Yeah a lifetime of imprisonment is way less humane than a quick execution. But it puts the criminal out of sight and mind without any conspicuous unpleasantness, which makes it preferable in terms of optics and pr.

>>95355131
Without being edgy, I think it would have been better if Aang had been forced to kill the Firelord. Sometimes there really isn't a way to weasel out of doing something unpleasant but necessary, and sometimes bad people have to be taken out for good. The only problem I would have with him killing Ozai in a kids show is that Aang isn't a real authority figure, so his passing judgement on his own like that is a little too close to cowboy vigilante territory to make for a good lesson for kids.
>>
>>95357202
>Ozai and Azula were irredeemable sociopaths
Ozai is a psychopath and yeah you can't really fix him
but Azula as a sociopath could be at least stabilized to the point where she could prove to be a useful tool
all Zuko needs to do is give her the D at least once per day
>>
>>95366900
>>95367125
In the real world life in prison very often comes with a chance of parole, though. That changes the morality of it almost completely.
>>
>>95367148
I don't think parole was on the table for Ozai though
>>
>>95355131

Korra would have done it, just sayin'.
>>
>>95367126
>but Azula as a sociopath could be at least stabilized to the point where she could prove to be a useful tool

Stop thinking about people like machines.

>all Zuko needs to do is give her the D at least once per day

Now I see why you are so autistic.
>>
>>95367169
Well, it's not like we get much insight into the justice systems of ATLA anyways. But regardless, other anon mentioned cultural similarities so I thought I'd bring that up.
>>
>>95367169
>>95367148
Even if it was: What happens to former Firelord and conqueror Ozai once he gets parole? Speaking honestly now. How does he not get straight up murdered or go back to his ways?
>>
File: pli.png (877KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pli.png
877KB, 1366x768px
>>95355822
>>
>>95367220
Assuming it was a significant amount of time, how much support do you think he'd still have?
(Ignoring the shitty comics here, just based on the show.)
>>
You are weak! Just like the rest of your people! They dont deserve to exist in this word - in MY world! Prepare to join them! Prepare to DIE!
>>
>>95367284
People can be stupidly loyal to regimes, even just because it's what their daddy did. I could see it happening.
>>
>>95365306
E;R likes it
>>
>>95357237
>He was never okay with it

That's sort of the thing though. Responsibility isn't about what you're okay with. It's about doing what you NEED to do, not what you WANT to do. You can't put your own baggage ahead of the greater good.
>>
>>95367381

You can't force someone to murder someone else, end of story. You either do it yourself or fuck off.
>>
>>95367405

You can if it's a fucking war and there are lives on the line and the person in question is the magic protector of the innocent and balance and shit.

No one's saying go murder a rando on the street, we're saying murder a guy who's only gonna keep coming back more and more pissed and on fire and wreak havoc on the world at large.
>>
>>95357461
Exactly, even afther 20 years of Dio's death his loyalist still want to kill Jotaro
>>
File: IMG_3119.png (52KB, 237x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3119.png
52KB, 237x241px
>>95367186
Scrapper, it's time to stop. Come one now.
>>
>>95367186
I am simply giving you a tested solution
as a person with the antisocial personality disorder I have spent my youth going to various shrinks that were trying to fix my head
it didn't work as intended but along the way I've met my current gf who is a sociopath
at first I simply wooed her becouse I was bored but then it turned out that she wanted someone to plow her and tell her he loves her instead of treating her like a weirdo and constantly trying to fix her so I've decided to keep going
and now we have a pretty stable relationship going on

I am sure that the same metode could be used by Zuko to tame Azula
>>
>>95355131
Not sure what killing him would achieve.
The Avatar is leagues more powerful than Ozai or anyone else with or without any comet or moon shenanigans, and most of the rest of the world is already turned against the Fire Nation.

The Air nomads and everyone else are still dead one way or another, and the shit in Korra goes and makes it so bending can almost never really die anyway even if genocide happens.
A message about punishment and future deterrents is equally pointless because the Avatar world already has all kinds of hell.
>>
>>95367480
You genetic defects should both off yourselves before you spawn another.
>>
>>95367480

Except she is not a sociopath because anyone with a degree can tell you that a girl in adolescent age cannot be classified as such because the brain is still developing and is in constant change. Also keep your fetishes to yourself. no one wants to hear that you secretly want to fuck your sister.
>>
>>95367578
No one said she was adolescent Scrapper you fucking idiot, learn how to read.
>>
>>95367599

Except it's not something you have to say, you dumbass it's what she is.
>>
>>95355131
Avatar is designed to be a show to appeal to "all ages". So no. The only injustice was that they had spirits and his past lives telling him to just kill the fucker then they realized they couldn't do that.
>>
File: IMG_1707.jpg (30KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1707.jpg
30KB, 620x363px
>>95367615
That is, by far, the dumbest justification for straight up making shut up that I have ever seen. Just stop Scrapper, seriously.
>>
>>95367644

You fucking idiot. He clearly in post >>95367126

>but Azula as a sociopath

She cannot be a sociopath at her age, you moron.
>>
>>95367674
>but Azula as a sociopath
>She cannot be a sociopath at her age, you moron.
no point getting so worked up as the creators of ATLA cleary wrote her as a sociopath
>>
File: zucest.jpg (70KB, 736x770px) Image search: [Google]
zucest.jpg
70KB, 736x770px
>>95367578
>>95367674
>>95367615
>Also keep your fetishes to yourself. no one wants to hear that you secretly want to fuck your sister.
Scrapper, it takes one to know one
>>
>>95367717

Except she cannot be a sociopath because these character are based on human beings.

>>95368201

fuck off.
>>
>>95362866
congratulations on getting the character
>>
>>95357245
the world of avatar makes me think of medieval europe - it's just the one dominating monoculture with similar writing and beliefs for the entire world as it exists with the only exceptions being the nearly extinct sun warriors and POSSIBLY the water tribes, but even that's kind of a stretch
>>
>>95363061
I hope you actually fucking die.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>95368237
>fuck off
come on m8 we all know that your lil sis is smokin hot
>>
>>95369583

It's pathetic that you have to keep bumping a shitty thread,
>>
>>95355172
And only thing you have to do is running away.
>>
>>95363350
... I want this. My only question, how could Zuko have gotten there not only in time, but in his condition? Azula did lightning him up.
>>
>>95369661
only thing I wanna bump is your sister
>>
>>95370075

You don't even know my sister, faggot. Stop making off topic remarks.
>>
>>95370637

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>95355131
I think Ozai being killed through his own stupidity would've been better.

>Ozai goes all out
>Aang goes defensive
>Ozai says something that triggers Avatar mode
>Aang almost kills Ozai
>Aang stops before he does it
>Ozai sees a moment of weakness, and goes all out
>Doesn't even see how stupid the move is in his anger
>Fire blast knocks an entire mountainside down on top of him
>Ozai's pure obsession with power cause him to lose to himself

Seems hokey, but beats Energy Bending
>>
>>95355131
Not necessarily, but Aang should have had to sacrifice something, or at least *figure out* a way to not sacrifice something rather than it being gifted to him.

>>95355172
Superman finds another way.
Aang gets another way gifted to him.
>>
Would it be a better ending if Suko faced Ozai
Aang attacked Suko's sister (don't know her name anymore) and Kaata and the Sock attacked the airship fleet? And Toph going full berserk mode in the earth kingdom
>>
>>95357671
>the show is so influenced by Eastern Culture
Oh give me a fucking break, it's all aesthetics, none of the spirituality showed in Avatar is closer to Eastern cultures than whatever you can learn from a Californian yoga instructor.
>>
>>95355131
nah, I perhaps wish they had been heavier on this desire not to kill earlier, it kinda feels like it comes out of no where in the last few episodes, I mean other airbenders killed people, Monk Giatso's corpse was literally surrounded by death Fire Nation soldiers and perhaps have Aang be forced to killer earlier in the show and be messed up by it, reinforcing why he shouldn't/doesn't want to kill
>>
>>95355131
Since all the nonbenders became Airbenders when Korra did her thing, would Ozai turn into an Airbender even though he'd be old?
>>
>>95370991
it wasn't all nonbenders it was just a random group of people
>>
>>95370977
>perhaps have Aang be forced to killer earlier in the show and be messed up by it, reinforcing why he shouldn't/doesn't want to kill
Zack Snyder please.
>>
>>95370136
just admit that you want to keep her all to yourself anon we won't judge
>>
>>95357133
He wasn't PREPARED. He was RESIGNED. It was the only way he could see, but he wasn't happy at all about it.
>>
>>95367578
Scrapper come on, i love Azula as much as you but she is a psycho.
>>
>>95355131

If Aang killed Ozai he'd be no better a man than Ozai was.
>>
>>95371290
>If Aang killed Ozai he'd be no better a man than Ozai was.
kek
>>
>>95371290
Absolutely retarded logic. Ozai was a genocidal dictator. Aang killing him would end his reign and make him the hero.
>>
>>95370732
ah yes, the Clayton gambit, a classic
>>
>>95365306

Turns out that between hating Enter and hating Korra, co picks the latter
>>
>>95357202

Zaheer doesn't deserve to die. He's unable to be reformed, yes, but he was still a fundamentally well-meaning person.
>>
>>95371376
>Ozai was a genocidal dictator.
I was thinking about what that anon said, and actually I don't think Ozai killed anyone. Inadvertently through the Fire Nation's rule maybe but he wasn't responsible for the Air Nomad genocide, he wasn't responsible for Tui or Yue or Jet or any of that stuff. Sozin started all the anti-Avatar shit.
Plus as a result of the show focusing on kids and also attempting to avoid making certain main antagonists seem inept most of the people who were responsible were nobodies, Azula and Zuko's associates or Azula and Zuko themselves.

I'd go as far as to say Ozai did nothing wrong.

I'm not even joking, thinking about it everything he did was the result of the Fire Nation pre-establish policies in place before he was even born.
Hell as cruel as the place seems Ozai creating Boiling Rock meant opposition were held instead of mercilessly executed. They're only even alive to exist in Zuko's rule because of Ozai not simply calling for executions. Was that his intentions? No. But that's what happened.

The conquering and all that shit was there before Ozai's time, he was just put in charge of keeping it up because unlike Zuko who lucked into making friends with the Avatar, Ozai had no allies. He couldn't just decide to rule alternatively.

In fact at worst I think he burnt some trees or something as the Phoenix King.

If anyone's going to bring up Zuko, remember that was a result of open defiance in front of the court. Again, policy. When Zuko next starts popping off to him in private Ozai humors it until Zuko starts directly threatening to assist Aang and Iroh with a traitorous coupe.

So I think the question isn't what should Aang have done, because he like Ozai was just following the orders and expectations of his predecessors, but what Ozai could have even done? Resign? No, people wanted blood and he was the sacrificial lamb for generations of suffering placed upon him.

Damn shame.
>>
>>95367447

No, you can't, because even if it's felt as justified, taking a life is one of the heaviest things a person can do, and the only reason it's so easy for you to say it's a simple matter is because you wouldn't have the blood on your hands.

>No one's saying go murder a rando on the street

If Aang can kill the Firelord, then why not other criminals? It just becomes arbitrary 'this guy is less bad than this guy because he killed less people'

If it's self defense, that's different because you also have a right to live.
>>
>>95355353
The only person stopping you is you.
>>
>>95371402
Still my favorite Disney villain death.
>That look of hate Clayton gives Tarzan
>>
>>95355353
link when?
>>
>>95355172
Such an airbender thing to say
>>
>>95355859
Deus Ex Rock-ina
>>
>>95357699
>No, would totally betray his character
I enjoy character being forced to do something they wouldn't normally do, for the greater good. I was mildly disappointed when Ozai didn't die.
>>
>>95372426
kek
>>
>>95355353
What are the major inconsistencies?
>>
>>95363050
>>95363061

>open thelink
>look at that terrible attempt of drawing
>close it

How can people take anyone like that seriously?
>>
>>95370829
it's not all aesthetic, the governments and societies in avatar are based off historic asian societies - mostly imperial china

a lot of stuff was basically copped from history

ba sing se basically IS the forbidden city
air nomad monks basically ARE monks

and the fire nation's extreme genocidal violence and technological superiority is reminiscent of ww2 japan

and actually, if it really was all just aesthetic, that might just be more interesting: what the hell is it gonna look like if they just make up the cultures of an entire world out of scratch?
>>
>>95370829
i mean, buddhist monks, not christian, that's very, very different
>>
File: 1492653983459.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492653983459.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>95372384
>he knows
>>
>>95371654
pure apologism

ozai did plenty wrong, and was just ABOUT to do plenty more worse than azulon and just as bad as sozin - just nowhere near as sane

if 13-year old lu ten ever defied an army general in an open discussion, what are the chances that iroh'd send him on a wild goose chase for a missing historical figure gone for a hundred years

and his plan seemed to have been to burn as much of the earth kingdom as he possibly could - that was insanely idiotic, all he did was burn up some forest - but what he wanted was the earth kingdom as a pile of burning rubble
>>
I found it unsatisfying because of what that guru was saying about Aang having to let go to achieve real power. It's been years since I've watched Avatar but it felt like all that was for naught. Even all his training ended up being for nothing since the Avatar State kicked Ozai's ass for him. It was like why did I watch him learn elements for three seasons when the other Avatars are going to whup Ozai's ass for him. The turtle BS was just the icing on the cake. I still think the ending should have been him bending that Comet and killing Ozai with it.
>>
File: WhyDidntYouRapeOzai.jpg (126KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
WhyDidntYouRapeOzai.jpg
126KB, 796x595px
>>95355131
>You have to rape Ozai, Aang
>>
>>95375521
>When you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without raping him, I'd love to hear it!
>>
>>95360416

Wrong. I love Korra. See, it's a different story, about a different character, with her own personality, in a different time-period in the setting.
>>
>>95362866
I agree. And she should've been eaten by Bosco V as revenge.
>>
>>95374993

Tekumel? Barsoom? Skartaris?
>>
>>95358460

I wonder if his cunt daughter poisoned him.
>>
>>95357099
>Aang doesn't end up with Katara
what
>>
>>95358011
>She smoked out the ozai supporters so zuko could apprehend them and end corruption.

So...she's Fire Nation Nick Fury?

I want that so fucking bad. Spymaster, hatchet-woman, femme fatale...ooo! chills, I got 'em.
>>
>>95357099
>>95380037
I'm guessing he's talking about the original script.
>>
>>95371448
And he suffocated that evil earth cunt.
>>
>>95367578
>you secretly want to fuck your sister.

I never had a sister I could fuck. ;_;
>>
File: zP1JEiN.jpg (132KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
zP1JEiN.jpg
132KB, 1366x768px
>>95367270
And then a manlet cried.
>>
File: tumblr_n72uj5wi4z1tddjl4o1_400.gif (2MB, 350x193px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n72uj5wi4z1tddjl4o1_400.gif
2MB, 350x193px
>>95370829
>none of the spirituality showed in Avatar is closer to Eastern cultures than whatever you can learn from a Californian yoga instructor

hmmmmm......
>>
>>95357099
I'm not sure if I'm a minority here, but Zutara and Taang would have also made a lot more sense thematically...
>>
>>95371264

Can you shove it with your psycho shit? She is pure hearted.
>>
>>95381461
yeah, pure evil
>>
>>95381434
>Taang would have also made a lot more sense thematically
Taang literally makes me shudder in disgust.
>>
>>95382154

Actually she is shown to only want to be a normal little girl.
>>
>>95366349
>I hope the Earth King was dead

Anon do you know how monarchies work?
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.