[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Arleen Sorkin retire from playing Harley? I heard people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: arleen.jpg (35KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
arleen.jpg
35KB, 600x351px
Why did Arleen Sorkin retire from playing Harley? I heard people say it was because her voice was getting rough, but she sounded fine in a podcast she did only 2 years ago.
>>
>>95337486
I don't like to say it but almost for sure DC wanted a young actress to promote their poducts, somebody to make cosplays, a very famous and popular actress though her voice isn't adequate for the character.
>>
>>95337486
Recommendation anon: Gotham Girls (2000) a flash series of shorts by Dini and acted by Sorkin.
>>
>>95337486
besides in products like Arkham Knight I got the impression the director or DC or the writer, I don't know who, had other vision of the character and that's why Tara sounded different to her former performance though I alwyas prefered Sorkin's voice
>>
The last time I heard her do it, it sounded like fucking trash. She just can't anymore.
>>
Because you can't stop Tara Strong, she will absorb everything.
>>
>>95337678
I her by 2025 the entire animation Medium will be smothered right between her enormous jugs
>>
>>95337652
I love the Arkham games despite their flaws, but Tara Harley is the worst one.
>>
>>95338081
She was trying to mimic Arleen instead of making the role her own, and her impression fell apart whenever she tried to inflect even a tiny bit, which just made it sound grating.

Still not as bad as the voice in the new Harley movie though
>>
>>95338162
>Still not as bad as the voice in the new Harley movie though

I prefer her over Tara, but i'm biased because I actually fan casted her as Harley in my mind before.

I still think she could be better, I know she can go higher pitched.
>>
>>95337486
Because all those voice actors smoked like fucking chimneys and doing anything outside a certain range for extended periods od time is painful

Hamill hasn't been able to do the full laugh for years and people don't require him to do so

Conroy's Batman has lost any semblance of nuance
>>
While Arleen Sorkin and Mark Hamill's Harley & Joker were great to hear in Arkham Asylum there were still some moments in the game where you could hear age takes its toll.
>>
>>95338387
Jason O'Mara and Bruce Greenwood do good jobs as Batman.
Hynden Walch>Melissa Rauch>Tara Strong
Troy Baker does a serviceable Mark Hamill impersonation (although John DiMaggio has become my new favorite voiced joker after prime Hamil)
>>
>>95339233
>Troy Baker does a serviceable Mark Hamill impersonation
Troy Baker is complete trash taking over roles other people have done. Ocelot, Kanji, and Joker being the biggest offenders.

I agree 100% on DiMaggio though, he practically made the Red Hood movie along with whoever did Jason.
>>
>>95339277
Off the top of my head the only other person I can think of voicing the Joker as of late has been Brent Spiner and he was awful. So the default sadly has to go to Troy since I doubt DiMaggio will get cast again.
>>
>>95338387
Conroys Batman still sounds alright in JLA.
>>
>>95338081
I hated it, she sounds like a gremlin
>>
>>95337486
I don't even sure why I love so much Sorkin's voice, she could be funny but her doctor voice was really nice, soft but clear.
>>
You know how every time Mark Hamill has done the Joker in the past ten or so years it's sounded really off and weird? Same reason. She got too old and her voice is too worn out.
>>
>>95337486
I was wondering, Dini is always talking about Sorkin in a nice way sometimes I don't know if Dini is trying to say he had a thing with her or he wants to make us think so or he's exaggerating.

Sorkin was a friend and that's how she got the role back then since she didn't have experience as voice actress and it was a fact in old interviews that the character was written for her.

It's amusing how her first episode was called "Joker's favor"

I know writers and actors like to be linked to the characteres but Dini has told so many strange things with years. Look at his graphic novel, his "girlfriend" in the novel was an actress in B-movies and he had her picture like Joker had Harley's in one episode, signed with the famous xoxo Harley used.
>>
>>95337998
Time for me to get into the animation industry.
>>
>>95339306

>But why?
>>
File: do not watch.webm (218KB, 566x316px) Image search: [Google]
do not watch.webm
218KB, 566x316px
>>95338162
Nothing's as bad as anything in the new Harley movie.
>>
>>95339306
Michael Emerson did a really great job in DKR
>>
File: harley.jpg (174KB, 700x894px) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
174KB, 700x894px
>>95337486
Probably because she's too old to do the voice properly. You could hear a difference even in the Justice League episode she appears in. Asylum was kind of rough, and DCUO was legitimately really bad.

If only Hynden Walch was their go-to replacement, since Tara can't do the fucking voice.
>>
>>95337486
I don't know, but they should've retired the character with her because no one else does that voice right.
>>
>>95339852
>Look at his graphic novel, his "girlfriend" in the novel was an actress in B-movies and he had her picture like Joker had Harley's in one episode, signed with the famous xoxo Harley used.
I don't think that was Sorkin since Sorkin already featured pretty prominently in that story and was identified by name.
>>
Melissa Rauch should have just done her Bernadetta voice, instead of trying ot be Arleen.
>>
>>95341792
one person can be several characters in a novel.
>>
>>95339277
>Kanji
He was the original English voice tho
>>
>>95341642
That's what I'm wondering, Walch sounds way more like Sorkin's Harley than Strong does.
>>
>>95343344
Nah her voice used to be nice to hear instead of raspy
>>
>>95339233
>>95339277
DiMaggio would be the worst Joker if not for Brent Spiner.
>>
>>95340733
Emerson is based beyond based. Single-handedly made Lost my favorite show.
>>
>>95337652
Tara's voice is a bit too high strung, in some cases such as playing Harley. I wish they would have gone back to using Sorkin..
>>
>>95345407
That high pitch huts my ears.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.