[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this hasn't been storytimed yet (or scanned? IDK),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 543072._SX360_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg (53KB, 360x553px) Image search: [Google]
543072._SX360_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg
53KB, 360x553px
I know this hasn't been storytimed yet (or scanned? IDK), but I can't be the only person on this board that actually buys their comics.

Is it me or was this, like, REALLY good? This is the best Norman story since Dark Avengers. I almost can't even believe that it's Slott writing this. Maybe he has a ghost writer?

Am I was off base or was this a really good issue?
>>
>>95314310
>buying post-OMD Spider-Man.
Sorry, anon, but I'm not gay.
>>
>>95314310
Stop shilling your shitty book, Slott
>>
Slott's use of Norman has been terrible so far, so I'm inclined to not believe you, OP.
>>
File: received_10157626494330117.jpg (77KB, 1242x1176px) Image search: [Google]
received_10157626494330117.jpg
77KB, 1242x1176px
>>95314748
>>95314796

O-okay. Y-you too, /co/
>>
>>95314870
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and read it
>>
>>95314310
I'd like to believe you.
>>
>>95314834
I was actually thinking abut that in the shower this morning, that Slott has not used an original villain (except for Morlun's family... all of whom were just Morlun,) and how his stories have sucked for that.

But this is actually a really unique take on Norman that reminds you why he's so dangerous rather than relying on you being familiar with all his dick moves in the past. Slott ALWAYS fucks up the ending, but I felt like the last page was really good in this case.
>>
It was the art you liked, allowing you to ignore the fact that the fundamental premise involves Norman taking Slott's recommended dose of stupid pills.
>>
>>95314910
Don't buy it though. We can't support them for fucking us over all this time. Save your money for shit you know is good.
>>
No torrent yet. Can anyone give me the plot synopsis?
>>
>>95314941
Clue me in to what you mean?
>>
>>95314310
Yeah, I thought it was a great issue. The benefit of just being a nice one-and-done one-shot with a great artist. People give Slott a lot of shit, and rightfully so, but it's not like he's incapable of writing good comics. He just has more hits than misses at this point.
>>
>>95314932
Yeah, this was a great one-shot character study on Norman Osborn. It's too bad that we already know the end result of it is Norman getting the Carnage symbiote and instigating Maximum Carnage II next summer. On its own, it's a solid read though. I might honestly pick up this copy just because I like having floppies that tell a complete story in one-issue.

The rest of Slott's ASM can go suck a fuck, but credit where it's due.
>>
>>95315038
>No torrent yet
It's in the Win-o thread.

Fuck it, I'll just storytime it. Just gimme a minute. Going to do it in a new thread though for archiving purposes.
>>
>>95315038
Sure.

Norman exhausts his options in removing the Goblin cure from his system and becomes a student of the mystic arts in an effort to reclaim the Goblin persona. Norman passes the first test and seemingly becomes humbled by his experiences with the mystic monks.
However, his final test is to defeat his inner demon. Using magic he summons and defeats Spider-Man. Dissatisfied with how easy it was and knowing how Spider-Man ALWAYS comes back, Norman transforms him into a spider and fucking eats him. The monks are horrified and try to stop him, only for Norman to overpowe the monks. The scene fades out and you learn that all of this was a projection of the future that served as the first trial of mystic journey and Norman failed. He is banished. Last page is him mourning in the snow until he realizes that him reclaiming the Goblin persona in the vision means that it is still possible to do so. I normally hate IT WAS ALL A DREAM bullshit,
but I think it works here since there is precedent in the story for the fake-out.

I'm sure someone will tell me this is the exact plot of a Doctor Who episode and I'll just feel like a huge asshole.
>>
>>95315046
Osborn spent most of Thunderbolts and Dark Reign taking medication to rein in the goblin (except when people gave him placebos to fuck with him) and he mostly had things under control and more success than he's ever had before (until the placebos and Loki led to his downfall). Now Slott's saying that Osborn can't do anything without being crazy.
>>
>>95315014
Yeah i'm waiting for my LCS to catch up they're 3 weeks behind since hurricane Harvey :/

I want Metal & Mr Miracle!
>>
>>95315130
>>95315038
>>95314310
Storytiming it over here:
>>95315195
>>
>>95314310
Was his spirit animal a tiger just because of his hair?
>>
>>95315215
Oh yeah, I felt like the whole "I'm sane now so I'm better than EVER" and then "I can't do shit without the Goblin" turn was too fast and not earned, but if you're able to handwave that and just say for whatever reason, Norman NEEDS the Goblin and this is a story about that, it's a pretty good one-shot.
>>
>>95315215
Slott's alwats been weirdly incosistent with his own takes on characters.

I mean Liz was randomly turned straight up evil and Normie went full RYV until Secret Wars then they seemingly switched back.
>>
>>95315112
carnage what
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.