[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what will happen now that Evil Morty is in charge of the Citadel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 17

File: mqdefault (1).jpg (13KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault (1).jpg
13KB, 320x180px
So what will happen now that Evil Morty is in charge of the Citadel?

Will he try get revenge on C-137 Rick? Maybe team up with Tammy and Phoenix Person?
>>
>>95307888
Probably try to get revenge on C-137 Rick. We find out that he was that Rick's previous Morty or something cause yeah
>>
Hope and change finally comes for the Morties and the Ricks learn to treat their grandsons as people instead of replaceable sidekicks.
>>
>>95307970
>he baited Council and C-137 Rick against each other. killing countless Ricks in the process
>Council got eliminated. killing countless Ricks in the process
>he used it to rise to power. killing countless Ricks in the process

revenge for what? from what I gathered he has to thank him.
>>
Does anyone have a link to ep 6 and 7
>>
>>95308370
https://mega.nz/#!YjJjXApa!AAnpIABEp1igVne0nKXv4AC1-csAGd5PoJLjlpzzcF4
Sun, 11:04 PM
>>
Don't you think that evil Morty acts a lot like detoxified Morty?
>>
>>95307888
>Maybe team up with Tammy and Phoenix Person?

Eh, I can't see that happening.
>>
>>95307975
He doesn't give a shit for other Mortys. He build up a fucking giant dome made out of hundreds of Mortys for the sole purpose of giving a false lead. Rick C-137 even pointed out that it was unnecessary to use that much Mortys.
>>
>So what will happen now
nothing, like every episode, I don't even care anymore
>>
>>95308678
I do. I have the headcanon that Evil Morty is a Morty who successfully killed his toxic self.
>>
Why would any of the Ricks be afraid of Evil Morty? They can kill him in seconds, any one of them can create a weapon from scrap material lying around and just kill him.
>>
>>95307888
I'm not really sure. We don't know anything about his plans besides maybe vague anti-Rick sentiment. We'll have to see.
>>
>>95308678
Nah
Healthy Morty didn't give a shit about anything. He's totally carefree and therefore hedonistic. Why care about the future? All about the now.

Evil Morty cares a lot. He's all about caring. Their only similarity is that neither are nervous or anxious.
>>
>>95309100
>any one of them can create a weapon from scrap material lying around and just kill him.
as S3 showed us all other Ricks are retards and only /our/ Rick can do that
>>
>>95309100
Ricks are selfish. Evil Morty has the support of most other Citadel Ricks. That means that they know that if they tried to kill Morty the other Ricks would kill the assassin.
Even Citadel Ricks don't believe in doing something for the greater good.
>>
>Citadel of Ricks
>Morty can be the president
>Ricks would actually allow that
>Ricks worth mundane generic jobs
lol no, why is the writing so shit and inconsistent in S3?
>>
>>95308678
>>95309099
My thoughts exactly. And I don't think its a coincidence. We all know Morty isn't stupid. He is rather a clever boy. Especially if you take into account how cartoonishly stupid "normal" people around R&M are. I think it was author's way to say Morty is actually a genius (not a science type however, google Mule from Asimov's Foundation) but is repressed into being below average by his own insecurity. Now, C-137 got his insecurity magically removed for a moment, but I think Evil Morty lost his while being subjected to some unspeakable mental torture, that was just another adventure for his "grandpa Rick". They made Detox episode to establish that basically every Morty has the capacity.
>>
>>95309021
Unless you need 4-5 Mortys to cover a Rick, but 300 hundred for this one particular Morty. It would seem Ricks have a habit of underestimating this Morty.
>>
>>95309307
b8 m8. (not even a nice 1)
>>
>>95309421
Or maybe Evil Morty just really hates complacent Rickslaved Morty's
>>
>>95309307
You've been spoiled by watching the absolute best rick for two and a half seasons
Not all ricks are equal
>>
>>95309067

Yet here you are
>>
>>95309307

They literally explain this in the episode. Do you watch just to complain?
>>
If Evil Morty is in fact our Rick's original Morty, it means that our Rick was there to at the very least help raise him. This alone could explain Evil Morty's competency (and more flexible morals).
>>
>>95309447
I heard a decent theory that it was so overkill so that everyone was instantly aware "hey, this is meant to shield a Rick's brainwaves, this must be a Rick's doing". Also the theory that it was camouflage for his true goal of introducing an influx of Rickless Mortys into the Citadel and increase tensions and dissatisfaction to help him get a power base.
>>
>>95309156
Plus C-137 Rick wouldn't give a shit, he'd try to find something that would benefit him if it meant wasting his time
>>
>>95308255
Yeah, I noticed this theme.
Evil Morty leaves a trail of dead Ricks in his wake.
Maybe the death of the Infinite Rick is his goal.
I mean, all the Mortys long to be normal teens again, and the Ricks are the ones that took that normality away. At the end of the evil Morty episode in season 1, the captured Mortys went home to live normal lives.
>>
>>95310332
>Maybe the death of the Infinite Rick is his goal.
Figure that's his goal.
Find a way to end the infinite Ricks.
Just wipe him out everyone all at once.
Like at the end of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
>>
>>95309099
I prefer to think that he didn't need a machine to do so. He detoxified himself through sheer force of will by taking charge of his emotions and deciding what kind of person he wanted to be.
>>
>>95309100
The same reason many men through history were feared despite them being as killable as anyone else. Look at Vlad the Impaler; the Otoman Empire was scared shitless of entering Europe while he was still guarding the gates.
>>
am I the only one who thought this was just a one-off? s03e01 made me think they were done with the big dramatic story arcs and they went out of their way to make a point of the fact that the main Rick and Morty were not involved in this episode in any way.
>>
>>95309667

Even so, each Rick is the smartest person in their entire universe and they act like average joes at best and idiots at worst.
>>
>>95310891
The last episode is called Rickchurian Mortydate
We're going back
>>
>>95308678
It's actually funny, when watching the detox episode I thought this would somehow tie into Evil Morty with the way detoxified Morty was acting.

Then we got the Atlantis episode next so I'm pretty happy.
>>
Did Doofus Rick come back?
>>
Serious question, why are so many people acting like there's any attempt at a ongoing story or conflict? Didn't the creator shit all over fans who wanted continuity of any sort? I mean, they gloss over all the constant world ending events, casual murders, and other shit already.
>>
PICKLE RICK LMAO
>>
>>95311582
Pretty much just ignore everything Harmon says
He's tried his best to destroy the show already with his feminist freakout
>>
>>95310920
We follow similar social hierarchy to the other great apes, despite being much smarter
A rick among ricks is no one special
>>
Part 1 of 2

The biggest hint we have is that the main Rick only recently came back into the lives of the family but has memories and pictures of being with a young Morty.

Which I think points to what deviates him from the usual Rick. We already know he cares more about Mortys than normal Ricks. But he's also the one who spent time with his family; including being there for a Morty.

We have a few other hints too. Simple Rick suggests that Rick didn't leave his family until Beth was somewhat older. This ties in with the possibly false memory main Rick provided to the federation about how his family died.

I think from a narrative standpoint that it is undoubtedly the case that main Rick is actually A001 Rick and not C137. I think we could make an argument that C137 Morty is probably A001 Morty too; so understood as being the 'original' Morty. Or, if not, what stands out about whoever the 'original' Rick and Morty really are.

And this depends on the nature of the split of the realities we do see. From the first episode of season 2, we see reality split on a decision basis. This was from a pocket dimension created from the effects of freezing time, but I think it could speak towards how the different realities of the finite curve are also created. We see clearly from 716a, 716b, and 716c that the unifying circumstances of these realities was that they were the newscast Ricks. However, some accident happened that 716a dodged, 716b partially got hit by, and 716c got more fully hit by. These differences in reactions created the split of 716 into three (or more?) component realities.

If realities do reflect different choices made, I wonder if the original split was Rick's decision whether to abandon his family or not. Let's say that it was.
>>
>>95311910

Part 2 of 2

This created dimension a001 and a002. Perhaps the Rick that abandoned his family regretted that decision and looked to create a means of traveling to the dimension where he didn't abandon his family. This Rick, the initial creator of the portal gun, was the Rick that abandoned his family.

I bet that main Rick is a001; the Rick that chose to stay with his family. Rick from a002 is the Rick that abandoned his family and created the portal gun.

Evil Morty could be A001 Morty or A002 Morty. I think main Morty is also either A001 Morty or A002 Morty.

In my mind, it makes more sense for evil Morty to be A001 Morty. A002 Rick probably use the portal gun to travel to A001 and killed the family. A001 Morty mistook A002 Rick as his Rick and thinks that his Rick betrayed him. It'd also make sense that A001 Morty would be smart since A001 Rick is the Rick defined by staying with the family and helping raise Morty.

Every other Rick is a splinter from A002. Only A001 is defined by Rick staying with his family.
>>
>>95310332
>Maybe the death of the Infinite Rick is his goal.
That is a weak and futile goal. It is impossible to kill all the Ricks because there is an infinite number of them. Not to mention death wouldn't mean as much. It would be better to make all Ricks normal everyday schulbs. Take away the thing that makes a Rick a Rick. Rick C137 is a threat to this, because even while he doesn't care about the Citadel and other Ricks in the multiverse his very existence could attract other Ricks do what he does.
>>
>>95307888
Sadly, I think this season will focus only on E-Morty and Tammy will be in another cliffhanger for the fourth season.
>>
>>95312116
>It is impossible to kill all the Ricks because there is an infinite number of them
∞ * 0 = 0
if you can arrange an event across every reality that kills this reality's Rickk you'll kill all of them
>>
>>95309155
This.

Detoxified Morty was more apathetic, than anything else. Evil Morty seems driven and motivated to accomplish whatever his goal ultimately turns out to be.
>>
>>95312337
That would require finding some event that links every universe together and using time travel and other fuckery
>>
>>95312405
yeah, you right, this would never happen in R&M...
>>
>>95312432
it wouldn't because Roiland said they will never do time travel stories.
>>
>>95309855
I'd like to add that if his goal was to create a massive influx of Rickless Morties to the citadel, adding to that an innate hatred of Ricks would only be icing on the cake. We all saw how C137 Morty reacted to just the IDEA of the Morty torture device, so those Morties that were actually hooked up to it have got to be messed up. Do remember that very few Ricks even had reason to suspect Evil Morty, so those Morty prisoners still think a Rick put them through hell
>>
>>95312405
Or just
>My god, he has a bomb that can kill all of me! Across every universe!
>B-but Rick, I thought there were an infinite number of you?
>It's a plot device, Morty! Don't think about

There. All wrapped up
>>
>>95312405
>>95312432
seriously why are so many people talking like this? Nothing matters. None of this shit connects to anything. each episode is self contained and the writers actively hate you for trying to build a narrative.
>>
>>95312489
>>95312405
>build a narrative.
I'm only talking about the hypotheticals of creating a multi-universal event
>>
>>95312461
>using time travel and other fuckery
who said time travel is neccecery for that? you. you said it. "other fuckery" is totally enough tho.
>>
>>95312337
>∞ * 0 = 0
∞ * 0 CAN be 0
It can also be ∞ or any other positive number
>>
>>95312337
Infinity is not a number.
>>
>>95312489
They literally JUST had a mutli-episode narrative episode.
They talk shit about "There are no narratives! Every episode is different! Nothing matters haha!"
But they do it anyways.
>>
>>95312547
>∞ * 0 CAN be 0
and the thing EM does CAN kill all the Ricks. Worth a shot for him.
>>
>>95312569
You can multiply things that aren't numbers together. Like matrices. And Cauchy sequences.
>>
>>95307888
Rick will try to stop Evil Morty, it's said in episode 10's description.
>>
>>95312533
no I didn't. some other anon did. not everyone who replies to you is the same person you were talking to.
>>
>>95312116

There aren't an infinite number of Rick's. Realities exist on a finite curve in this show.
>>
I dunno, aside from revenge the one thing he can do that'll piss rick off more is ignore him.

E. Morty might actually be a good guy.
>>
>>95309667
The comic ricks are fairly similar to our rick if you count it. It is jarring to know that the Rick we know really is the rickest(sarcastic comments and shitmouthing) when compared to all these Ricks who work menial labor.
>>
>>95308678
>>95309377
def not a coincidence.

As noted, "our Morty" has shown that killer instinct. When he stops giving a shit, hes calm and effective. casually disarming bombs. Figuring out Ricks shit.

Evil morty really looks alot like "our Morty" when hes all out of fucks to give for Ricks horseshit.
>>
>>95312607
when was that ever stated? because I remember Rick saying, many times, that there are an infinite number of universes.
>>
>>95312602
The question is "stop him from doing WHAT?" Obviously Rick doesn't give half a shit about the Council of Ricks so what does Evil Morty do that gets up Rick's butt? Try to turn the Council into a multiversal super-power in a set of multiverses that happens to contain C-137?
>>
File: firefox_2017-09-13_21-48-58.png (15KB, 452x280px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-09-13_21-48-58.png
15KB, 452x280px
>>95312569
:^)
>>
>>95312461
>never do time travel

I figured as much. The fact that every Rick and Morty are the same age seems that their multiverse is on the same timeline and spreads out wide instead of long.
>>
>>95312657
In the first Citadel episode
The "central finite curve" seems to be the universes that Ricks can access with their portal gun.
Like how in the Cronenberg episode, Rick said he had one or two more of these resets left
Theoretically if he had access to an infinite number of Earths, he'd have an infinite number of resets
>>
>>95312660
not that anon but my best guess is either that Rick is a threat of some kind to Morty ruling the Citadel, or Evil Morty will try to control multiversal travel which Rick won't be happy about.
>>
>>95312607
1. No one knows what the often-namedropped "central finite curve" means and it doesn't really matter.
2. It has been stated many times that there are infinitely many universes.
3. Rick has stated that every universe has a Rick.

3 could be bullshit/grandstanding, but Rick has also stated multiple times that there are infinitely many Beths, Summers, Morties, etc and obviously that extends to Rick too, so even if it's not literally true that every universe has a Rick, claiming that there are finitely many just because of a random scifi jargon name-drop despite the fact that everything else said points to the opposite is stupid.
>>
>>95312489
[Citation needed]
>>
>>95312657

Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind. Council of Ricks.
>>
>>95312660
He will probably try to murder Rick since he's the original Rick. He hates Ricks and killing the main source of his problem will probably satisfy his revenge. The Rick that we know might also have some invention other Rick can't invent since he's the original.
>>
>>95312715
>Rick said he had one or two more of these resets left
I always thought that was a meta-joke, like they can only get away with that kind of ending one or two more times over the show's run.
>>
>>95312781
Physical plot armor
>>
Rick and Morty prime for the finale?
>>
>>95307888
I can imagine season 3 being the last season when Rick takes over the Citadel and the world n'y beating Evil Morty becoming the Bad guy.
We might also see some Morty's lore in the next episode about Morty recovering his memory (?)
>>
>>95312941
It's going to be a clip show of Morty going through fucked up things that he wanted out of his head with a couple of actually serious plot relevant ones spliced in right?
>>
>>95312986
Hahaha... No.
Just Crazy stuff
>>
>>95310332
Yeah, I think he has an immediate grudge against C-137, but I figure that he's going to attempt to wipe out all Ricks. Maybe even all things not Morty. Dude already has access to an infinite amount of some of the greatest technology in reality.
>>
>>95309100
It's obvious Evil Morty understands the importance of casting a shadow. He makes his presence clear in ways so horrifying that others aren't even going to try it.
>>
>>95308678
Evil morty is a refined toxic Morty, he's not just had some of the bad cut out, he's refined himself into peak Morty
>>
>>95313066
>I think he has an immediate grudge against C-137
remember how remote-controlled Rick said C-137 Rick "we are not so different you and I" but actually had a proof for that? Now who was actually talking that, hm? I think EM basically said "you are very much like my Rick, so I want you to suffer the most, while I kill all the Ricks".
>>
I really hate the whole "evil morty is c-137's original" thing people keep throwing around. It'd make more sense that the Rickest of Rick's and the most Morty of Morty's both managed to survive together as opposed to replacing his grandson constantly like all the other Rick's.

Would also explain part of why he hates the council so much since they treat their grandson's like interchangeable cogs while we see in the toxic episode that he actually loves Morty in his own twisted way.
>>
>>95313127
ok, that's stupid. toxicity is relevant. Morty's toxicity is low self-esteem. refined toxic morty would be something like Jerry's mytholog.
>>
>>95312358
>>95309155
Wait, what now? Didn't detoxified Morty have an immensely successful career in business?
>>
>>95313233
> toxicity is relevant
I mean "ralative"
>>
>>95311962
Solid theory
>>
File: c23.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
c23.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Who is the voice in the spot?
He's not a Rick nor a Morty.
>>
Is Justin lurking this thread right now and taking notes?
>>
>>95313531
Commercial Voice Rick
>>
>>95313237
A career he excelled at because he didn't give a shit about anything.
>>
>>95312803
It was a meta joke
But this is a show where meta jokes are the same as rules of reality.
>>
>>95313547
Justin stopped coming here a long time ago.
R&M threads are insufferable due to reddit's cloying love of the show.
We used to say useful things. Now we just say "Ironic reddit post" or "Empty contrarian statement because fuck reddit"
>>
>>95313191
I always interpreted it as a twisted sense of comaraderie for him. He may still want to kill him, but it's like EM also sees C137 as the only Rick capable of loving up to his Rickness standards
>>
>>95313237
That was a joke on the detachment most stockbrokers have.
>>
>>95311962

C137 Rick is called that because that's the address of his original house.
>>
>>95316024
We don't know that
That was a fake memory
>>
>>95308678
I think Evil Morty acts a lot like a Rick.
>>
>>95316218
Nah
Rick offsets his self-loathing with hedonistic nihilism.
Evil Morty offsets his self-loathing with an even greater hatred of Rocks
>>
>>95311962
I really like this theory because it explains why C137 is the Rick'est Rick as he is the origin point for all Ricks in the universe. It also explains he is the only dissident in regards to the Council of Ricks; he was the only Rick that suffered betrayal at the hands of himself.
>>
>>95316039
>fake memory

Prove it.
>>
>>95317291
Rick said so?
Unless you want to believe that nothing Rick says is true
>>
>>95307888
He'll go full hitler and purge the other Mortys until he's the one (and only) true morty.
>>
When does this show unironically get good?
>>
>>95317452
Best episode was The Ricks Must be Crazy and it's been downhill from there.
>>
>>95317452
When you stop using meme words.
>>
>>95317843
Don't see which word is a meme, didn't intend to meme, and I'm genuinely curious at which point in the series people started to "fall in love". I'm at episode 5 and I'm bored.
>>
>>95316280

Ah yes, the true danger of stringent high school geology courses.
>>
>>95317867
s01e8. I can even tell you the timestamp. but I think you'll get it when you get there. or, if not you can drop it after.
>>
>>95317867

First thing that made me want to watch the show was the rape scene with Morty. Honest. I saw clips of it and just had to watch the show.
>>
>>95307888
Invade the multiverse.
>>
>>95307888
Phoenix Person? I thought we agreed on Cyber-Bird?
>>
>>95307888
Am I the only one that thought this episode was only okay? There was nothing spectacular about it. I wouldn't even put it in the top 15, let alone number 1 according to imdb.
>>
>>95320918
Didn't he literally call himself Phoenix Person when he was switched on?
>>
Where can I watch this show?
>>
>>95321375
Inside your mom.
>>
>>95321327
Yeah, but just because it's the thing he calls himself and what other people call him it doesn't make it his name or anything.
>>
I could see him trying to destroy every iteration of Rick within the Central Finite Curve. He could be starting an insinuation that every Rick that isn't in the Citadel wants to divide them (think to the "we outnumber them" speech) and give the Ricks an incentive to create a means to automatically detect and destroy Ricks in every dimension with the Finite Curve (which I assume to be finite despite its expanse) thus liberating every Morty and proving that he alone stands above every Rick. Or he might be attempting such a feat BECAUSE he doesn't understand infinity makes such a thing impossible. You cannot kill every Rick in an infinite multiverse by definition, it would take you infinity.

Maybe that's what makes Evil Morty so dangerous, he has no concept of infinity and actually thinks what he does is progress towards an actual tactile goal.
>>
>>95312743
It's a play on the Central Limit Theorem / Normal distribution. 60 "iterations" is a play on 60 "standard deviations".

It's a fun stats wordplay, not some neat multiverse concept.
>>
>>95310332
In the new episode was saw Mortys who had their Ricks die being prepared for other ricks. They didn't go back to normal lives.
>>
>>95309156
Nope, every Rick has the same IQ.
>>
>>95311629
Harmon should be killing the show soon right? Doesn't he always have a melt down between season 3 and 4?
>>
>>95321668
Occupied.
>>
>>95322899
He had it prematurely this time.
Fired all the regular male writers between 2 and 3.
Never mind you that all the "diversity hire" episode were terrible

I hope he's done. He can't do more between 3 and 4 now, right?
>>
>>95313531
>>95313669
you just blew my mind
>>
I don't watch the show but I'll throw this out there.

Maybe his goal isn't to kill infinite Rick's. Maybe his goal is to prove he's smarter than Rick and that he doesn't need him. Perhaps he'll continue this battle forever, until a Rick manages to outsmart him.

Or the show ends with dumb meme content and a lol deep bro shot.
>>
>>95309100
Because Evil Morty has outsmarted an entire space station worth of Ricks and just killed off some of the best and brightest of them? Whether or not Evil Morty is as intelligent at science as Ricks is yet to be seen(did he install that mind control tech in the Rick we saw him with?), but what is certain is he's a manipulative genius.
>>
>>95313228
It makes sense in a twisted way that the one Rick who truly gave a shit about his grandson would end up with a sociopath Morty, since all the others have had various degrees of indifference, and said Mortys range from pathetic to criminal.
>>
>>95322978
Of course he can.

I am really waiting for the day that him and Justin go off the deep end with this show. It is pretty obvious that they put minimal effort into the show. I can see them both growing to hate their fanbase and do something in spite of them.
>>
>>95323742
Justin cares. He's practically one of us.
Harmon is a Whedon. And there is never enough to fix his self-guilt.
>>
File: DJcLlWfVAAA_uev.jpg (104KB, 1164x999px) Image search: [Google]
DJcLlWfVAAA_uev.jpg
104KB, 1164x999px
>>95309100
Evil Morty seems like he might be smarter than most of the Ricks, at least in some ways. It's not really clear if they could just kill him.
>>
So uh, what was wrong with the Pickle Rick episode?
>>
>>95324417
/tv/ decided to make a meme out of it
i think that's basically it, if there's anything actually wrong with it i'm not the man to explain it.
>>
>>95324417

The episode itself isn't the problem

It's the fuckheads making a meme out of it despite the reason it exists is to mock people who use it unironically
>>
>>95312715
>>95312803
>>95314225
I thought he meant that he could only get away with it a few more times, because there were only a few more dimensions/universes that were similar enough to his, that he could just slide in and make himself at home without anyone noticing.
Like the Cronenberg Rick and Morty from the end of that ep that arrive after their world gets fucked. They couldn't have just gone to any world.
Or some of the other more "alien" Rick and Morty's from 'Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind', like the orange cyclops, the fish people, robots or even the cowboys.
C-137 Rick and Morty wouldn't have been able to settled into those (or similar) universes/worlds/timelines.
>>
>>95322978
He did?
>>
>>95322599
Same IQ doesn't mean they're just as smart, the conditions on the citadel would be dulling. Preventing them from really taking the time to educate themselves in the same ways that somebody with more free time could.
>>
>>95309377
Jerry was right in Episode 1. Morty really did just have a learning disability all along.
>>
>>95317316
There is absolutely nothing suggesting that any of that was fake beyond the part that Rick intentionally changes to let him escape.
>>
>>95313531
Commercial voice robot, duh
>>
Why do people think Evil Morty draws parallels to Trump?

Did any of you even listen to the speech that he gave during the debates? Complete opposite of Trump.
>>
>>95307888
i would have expected the citadel to be some kind of utopia
>>
>>95327755
Trump = Even more "Eviler" then Hitler
Trump = President

Evil Morty = "Eviler" then Evil Rick
Evil Morty = President

Therefore
President Evil Morty = President Trump X How retarded most R+M fans are.
>>
File: 1500779052942.jpg (55KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1500779052942.jpg
55KB, 480x542px
>mfw I realize the entire episode was literally voiced by one guy
>>
Why everyone think evil morty's endgame is revenge? Why can't he just go conquer all universes with his Rick army and capture all Jessicas?
>>
>>95313191
C-137 probably IS Evil Morty's original Rick. We know regular Morty isn't Rick's original Morty, because we saw Morty as a baby while EM was probing Rick's memories, while from "our" Morty's perspective Rick was absent for 20 years before the beginning of the show. Then in the same episode Rick has a line about how a cocky Morty can lead to big problems, which he'll explain when Morty's older, immediately before EM's reveal scene. The law of plot heavily implies a connection.
>>
>>95327755
Capitalized on populist ideals of a disenfranchised majority.

I don't think morty is a stand in for trump, Obama did the same thing I described EM just said a bunch of generic inspirational shit. I'm a liberal that hates trump and I'm glad it wasn't on the nose or anything, unlike South Park this episode will age well.
>>
>all the millennials and fags in this thread autistically screeching "he is clearly [Trump|Clinton|Obama|SomeOneIDoNotSupport]"

Goodwin's law abider here!
Now I I'm not saying he is Hitler, but a friendly reminder: Hitler was elected democratically. Evil Morty is a reminder that democracy itself is not a guarantee your country won't end up with a shitty government. Democracy actually more fragile and susceptible than you think and it'll only work as long a people are willing to uphold it's spirit, and not only the name.

Now this is undoubtedly a satirical move to criticize _the election_ of Trump - you remember when pre-election many people were saying "I'm not so much for Trump himself, but I want my job. therefore I'll vote Trump" or something like that - thus literally saying "I don't care who gets elected - I want a strong leader who'll magically make all bad things go away so I can forget about politics for another 8 years and just enjoy living in our great country". This is what this episode is about. It's a warning of what _can_ happen (not what happened) if this attitude becomes the norm.

Also Evil Morty is banking on the divide between lefts and rights, uses their wish for unity. he uses attack on the [s]Reichstag[/s] Council to sway the popular attitude, he eliminates his enemies physically en masse, etc... I don't thing Goodwin's law is in work here. Sometimes a cigar is just a penis wrapped in a tobacco leaf.
>>
Was there always so much gore?
>>
>>95329551
or maybe he's just ANY villainous politician from ANY political thriller.

I still legit think the point of Ricklantis is that you can't write a thriller without people looking for the HIDDEN MEANING anymore.
>>
>>95329551
>calls out the people who pin evil morty to US presidents
>proceeds to eventually draw parallels from evil morty and trump himself
>drags hitler into the entire thing too, because he's basically the definition of bad leaders instead of the sociopath who still dragged germany out of their economic crisis (bad person but good leader)
Why the hell do neo-leftists always imply that in order to be able to call yourself a liberal, you must be a communist? (or a democrat, they're basically interchangable)
>>
>>95312432
>>95312405
>>95312461
>>95312489
>inb4 R&M travel to a world of infinite lighthouses and drown Rick while he's confessing
>>
Evil Morty had better opportunities to deal with C137 Rick in the first time we met him.

I expect he's got bigger goals.
>>
File: ShareX_2017-09-14_18-11-17.jpg (133KB, 1109x346px) Image search: [Google]
ShareX_2017-09-14_18-11-17.jpg
133KB, 1109x346px
>>95330446
>>calls out the people who pin evil morty to US presidents
>>proceeds to eventually draw parallels from evil morty and trump himself
the whole episode is a clear allusion on the recent US election, duh. I specifically denoted that it was clearly a satire towards _the election_ not any specific candidate (towards the event and it's circumstances, not any particular personality). specifically so retards like you, who are so focused on the personalities would get it. my fault was thinking retards can get anything at all.

>>drags hitler into the entire thing too, because he's basically the definition of bad leaders instead of the sociopath who still dragged germany out of their economic crisis (bad person but good leader)
and yet just because hitler is so overused doesn't make him any less relevent when the relevance is so apparent. I "dragged" him here because the allusion is obvious. any guess you've made why I did it is just your guess.
>>
>>95308255
I hardly recall the initial "battle" between C137 and the council ending with "countless" rick deaths...

The actual serial murders were Evil Morty to begin with
>>
>>95331524
EM used C137 Rick to divert Council attention, allowing him to kill more Ricks. C137 Rick killing some perusing Ricks was a pleasant bonus. Ok, the whole thing was not on par with subsequentual blows, but you have to start somewhere, right?
>>
>>95313531

Jeff Davis, who is Dan Harmon's friend. He does that voice sometimes on the Harmontown podcast.
>>
>>95313745
Rick doesn't give a shit about anything either, and yet he is essentially a supervillain.

We have seen no real evidence that Evil Morty isn't "driven" by the same directionless whimsy as Rick.

>>95315992
Whether or not it came to be because of it's usefulness as a joke is irrelevant. The "laws" of detoxification have been layed out for us, and we have seen how at least one Morty acts after detoxification.

Harmon and Roiland have shown a capacity to abide by the laws they have set for themselves. Regardless of whatever "statement" they may have been making, things have been set in motion.
>>
>>95331454
EM's speech was closer to an Obama speech than a Trump speech, let alone the way the campaign was run.
>>
>>95309100
All of the Ricks that opposed him, greatly underestimated him, and why wouldn't they. Now that he's in power, he'll get rid of anyone who continues to oppose him, and pretty easily, as we already saw.
>>
File: 1477859483581.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477859483581.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>95308255
didn't rick destroy the citadel to gain access to level 9 sections of the government AND save his grand kids? evil morty just saw an opening and took it after that fiasco
>>
>>95327766
It's run by Ricks, so it makes complete sense that it sucks as much as it does
>>
>>95332214
I suppose, but it shouldn't have been that bad, especially morty-town
>>
>>95322899
"A third of america are nazis!" isn't a meltdown?
>>
>>95322978
>Fired all the regular male writers between 2 and 3.

He didn't, you lying sack of shit. Who do you think wrote episodes 1 and 5-7?
>>
>The speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action.

Really liked how that ending was done. Is it a reference to some movie?
>>
>>95332409
Every political thriller ever.
That's the point.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170914-100153.png (1MB, 1180x701px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170914-100153.png
1MB, 1180x701px
Rick abandoned Evil Morty, went out and literally bought a new Morty, and brought him to dimension C-137. Whatever episode pic related is in will confirm it
>>
>>95319425
Just watched it. Snore. Good riddance.
>>
>>95308255
Its easy, he is causing a Morty Inflation. We saw the consequences, lawbreaking Mortys, Mortyless Ricks, a perfect chaos for the perfect President...
>>
Inb4 evil Morty and Rick C-137 are in cahoots to install evil Morty as the president of the Citadell to destroy it from the inside.
>>
>>95332545
>Evil Morty get defeated.
>Morties lost their rights and become literal toys.
I want to believe.
>>
>>95309021
He used those extra morties to blend in and escape after his remote controlled Rick was destroyed. Do you think the council would actually give enough of a shit to interview/interrogate all the morties?
>>
Great fucking episode
I was a little annoyed by the factory Ricks, I think Ricks would just automate that process but I understand it was for the story

>>95307888
Rick is balanced by having a family and learning from his mistakes

Evil Morty is absolutely unhinged and wants to be the new Galactic Federation
>>
>>95307888
Just imagine if "For the damaged" plays at the end of the last episode when Evil Morty dies taking Rick with him , instead of "For the damaged coda".
Especially with the part at 2:06, and the meaning of the lyrics.
https://youtu.be/QrISHlyqeaE
>>
dude
*takes a hit*
what if
every episode is a separate timeline
and the whole time they were
*takes another hit*
they were trying to go back to the pilot but there was some force
*coughs*
some force like the viewers who kept them on different timelines away from the timeline

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
>>
>>95332656
he has seized the first napkin.
>>
>>95333913
>>*takes a hit*
>what if
>every episode is a separate timeline
Season 1 made me hope for that. Sadly, no, it can't happen now.
>>
>>95333913
*takes hit from bong*
dude what if
*starts coughing*
what if you're just a sour bitch that can't enjoy this show because everyone else enjoys it and you try to prove your false superiorty over a eskimo ice fishing forum with strangers that things you would never say if you met them in real life.
*takes another huge rip*
pretty crazy man
>>
>>95332164
>didn't rick destroy the citadel to gain access to level 9 sections of the government AND save his grand kids?
would this situation even came to be hadn't EM not baited him against the Council? Also during his first encounter with Rick he learned that he did cared for his grand kids. so placing them in danger that is originated from the Citadel would probably... S03E01 when Summer and Morty were in the Cronenberg dimension, after Jerry smashed the portal gun the Citadel Ricks just appeared out of nowhere claiming "we detected a compromised portal gun". Now this could be true, however the gun was rotting in the grave for months and only now became compromised? what a coincidence! I mean yeah, they used it only now so it could be a coincidence. but this is tv show. and there is a character in this show who is exceptionally good at plotting. Its just a theory. EM may be orchestrating things down to every detail or he may be just sowing seeds of this everywhere and using those that did sprout. both is fine with me.
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2016-07-09_19-56-18.jpg (132KB, 1363x767px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2016-07-09_19-56-18.jpg
132KB, 1363x767px
>>95332545
>pic related is in will confirm it
this is clearly a joke. not everything is automatically a canon. especially in the OP/ED sequences.
>>
>>95333888
>tfw CopRick and OurMorty pair up
>>
File: 1471144199113.jpg (11KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1471144199113.jpg
11KB, 340x340px
I can't get over how fucking weird it is that they're all just a bunch of grandfathers and grandsons and they don't give a shit about each other. When Cop Morty called Cop Rick his grandpa, before trying to kill him it weirded me out.

Is our Rick just really sensitive about his grandkids or what? Other Ricks don't seem to give a a shit.
>>
File: 1428772955220.png (301KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1428772955220.png
301KB, 500x377px
has C-137 Rick killed a Morty on screen yet?
>>
>>95335151
Our Rick is the Rickest rick that means all the bad and good. It's more likely all the working Ricks can't do their job and watch their Morties so the Ricks in charge gave them a spot and left them to their own devices, It's safe to say most Ricks see their relationships with Morties
as a burden and don't care enough to do anything about it
>>
>>95335151
yea
Toxic Rick gave a fuck about morty, which was his downfall
Rick knows his ability to care about his morty is what makes him unique
>>
>>95335176
not directly but he knowingly killed a bunch of them destroying the citadel
>>
>>95335266
>Rick knows his ability to care about his morty is what makes him unique
If mortys would be of no value for ricks - there would be none in the citadel. I think "there is one thing that is true in this universe, it's that Ricks" actually do care for mortys. they just all pretend that they don't and do show it weird ways.
>>
>>95335266
the toxic Rick episode cleared up any remaining doubts i had that C-137 cares about his morty but I find it odd that he doesn't seem to care about his original Summer or Beth, just Morty.
>>
>>95329551
>Hitler was elected democratically.
Ahh, no. Hitler was appointed Chancellor by the German president himself. If you are talking about his political party, then that's also a stretch because they only had around 40% of voter supporting them in the very first election they participated in. They abused a loop hole in the system for re-elections to be made and until then, they used blackmailing, bribing and intimidation to hit the 50% mark. Germany to that time can't really be called a by the book democracy and their constitution was flawed as well, looking at how the NSDAP rose to power.
>>
>>95335422
>If mortys would be of no value for ricks - there would be none in the citadel.
they have practical value as brainwave camouflage but dont seem to have any emotional value to other Ricks.
>>
>>95307888

He isn't "Evil" at all he is just the Rickist Morty.

What has he done worse than anything our Rick has done?
>>
>>95335521
He tortured more Morties than he needed to, Also fired and got that Morty to shoot him killed as well as the Rick who red pilled him
>>
>>95335521
tied up and tortured hundreds of morties for no practical reason which our rick literally said he would never do
>>
>>95332466
I got that the episode parodied the entire genre; still, it seemed like the last scene was copying something in particular.
>>
>>95335571
>literally said he would never do
Because he could get the same effect with five Morties and a car battery.
>>
>>95335571
>>95335947
And we see in his memories that he's electrocuting a Morty in that same episode
>>
>>95313261
You meant nazghul rider sparkles, and it's going to be an interesting show with chocolate fabulous at the wheel, does he even remember what I told him...???????
>Edison was a sad thief
>>
>>95335947
>>95336034
Rick only used no more than what was necessary. Evil Morty went way overboard just for the sake of it as far as we can tell
>>
>>95334573
>what a coincidence! I mean yeah, they used it only now so it could be a coincidence.

That's exactly what it was anon. Stop reaching.
>>
>>95335422
Untrue, the council Rick takes Summer hostage and Rick says so what ill go get an other one, and then Council Rick says he's a rogue Rick who actually cares about his grandkids. That very statement means the default setting of a Rick is not giving a shit about them.
>>95335521
Evil Morty is a brainswapped Rick using his Morty's body as a meatsuit. That's just my headcannon but it's entirely possible.
>>
1/2
>>95335480
>looking at how the NSDAP rose to power
I did look, when I was getting my Abitur here in Germany (that's where I live). Nothing is a "by the book democracy". There is no Democracy measuring stick, set in stone for both the future and the past. Weimar Republic was a democracy. A different one from that of today and probably of tomorrow. people will probably laugh at how US called itself a democracy in a 100 years (actually scratch that, they already lough). Anyway it was a democracy nonetheless.
>Hitler was appointed Chancellor by the German president himself.
oh lol, so you say every German Chancellor comes to occupy this post in a non-democratic way? That is what happens when a party becomes a ruling party in Germany - it's leader is appointed to be Chancellor by the president. and the president doesn't have the power to actually deny him this. He can postpone it. Just like for example an US governor has a power to postpone an execution, but he has no power to overrule the court's decision.

You are missing the point I made. Hitler was elected democratically, i.e. he was legitimately elected in accordance with the laws of that day and place. Of course he abused the shit out of it both pre and post election. That's the point. But enough people wanted him to be their leader (that's what "Führer" means, "zu führen" means "to lead"). If the people didn't wanted him so badly - he couldn't have had abused it. The problem of the Weimar Republic wasn't that it was not democratic enough (shit, it was probably the most liberal, democratic state of all time, fucking philosophers devised it into existence) - the problem was the population, the land itself wasn't democratic. people didn't want to be governed by a democratic government - they wanted a strong leader, so they used their democratic rights to make it happen.
>>
2/2
>>95336371

That is what this episode is (partially) all about. it doesn't try to throw shit at Trump or Clinton or Obama. it throws shit at the voters. Not because they've elected Trump. But because they (and the ones that voted for Clinton) did it for the wrong reasons. because the voters, the general population (from the R&M writer's perspective, which may or may not be true) have forgotten why they have to vote in the first place.
>>
>>95336371
Please don't bother posting the second post you sperg
>>
>>95336371
I stopped reading the moment i saw 1/2

no one is gonna read that shit.
>>
>>95307888
>Big bad guy who owns everything and controls everything teaming up with lesser bad guy for no fucking reason at all
Has there ever been a shittier trope than this?
>>
>>95336397
>>95336436
so fucking don't read. who cares whether you do or not?
>>
why are all these ricks living at the citidal?
why aren't they in their own diminsion being the smartest person in that diminsion. why are some working at a cookie factory? I don't get it.
>>
>>95335571
I dunno maybe he needed a bigger shield than usual for some unexplained reason. I feel like until we know his motives it's hard to say if Evil Morty is really evil. He could be an ends justify the means type if he has a good cause. Maybe the awful sht he's done to Morties was even needed for reasons we don't know yet. Or maybe he's just a sadistic sociopath and sheer evil but it's kind of too early to tell isn't it?
>>
File: Screenshot_161[1].png (266KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_161[1].png
266KB, 363x363px
>>95336214
>Stop reaching.
why should I? I want to rub it your face when Evil Morty reveals it was him all along
>>
>>95336487
They fell for the (((Society))) meme
>>
>>95336483
oh so your wordy and dense.

that was two anons way of telling you to condense your shit into a more concise argument.
4chan isn't wordpress no one wants to read a blog length post.
>>
>>95336562
Please hold your breath while waiting for that twist to come about.
>>
>>95307888
I would consider potential resentment if he is our Rick's previous Morty. I would also say that our Rick (C-137), or a set of Ricks, is aware of him being part of an animated series, probably thanks to a turtle of truth and megaseeds, and the adventures serve the purpose of keeping the show alive. So either evil Morty wants to end their meaningless existance by making the show boring or motionless (plus revenge) or he is actually working with our Rick on some level, even if not explicitly accorded, in order to keep the show alive with adventures, antagonists, meaning and purpose as bait and product placement.

Also I do not see how people think Morty is dumb given some pf his feats and that IQ is highly inheritable.
>>
>>95336756
Rick is the literal metahero of his omniverse. That is fucked up, but arguably more comforting that an aimless existence.
>>
>>95334699
Are you telling me the sadida don't plant their babies in the ground?
NONSENSE
>>
File: laughing dog.jpg (92KB, 315x641px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dog.jpg
92KB, 315x641px
>>95329551
>not realizing that parliamentary democracy is a fucking retarded system of governance in the first place.
>>
File: 1300798205362.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1300798205362.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>95330446
>Hitler
>bad person.
>>
>>95336756
While Beth might be a very smart person, Jerry isn't. Morty got his dad's IQ genes.
>>
>>95337010
shhh, careful, anon...
>>
>>95337010
Since that is based on chance, it will vary greatly between universes.
>>
>>95336483
Those were salty idiots who are learning how much they've wasted their lives

I appreciate and read your post, even if I believe the writers didn't dive that deep and simply conjured up a way to make Evil Morty relevant again. The only point that I think follows the election was the factory Rick being burned out by everything; That was a direct illustration of how broken their system is and Evil Morty promised a way out of it, but I think that was more about life in general as opposed to about Evil Morty's rise. They took a page out of The Wire and made an episode that had everything from schools to higher office and how everything in-between plays a role

>>95336706
>oh your so wordy and dense
what the fuck kind of complaint is that?
>too many words hurr!
No wonder people hate this show, it attracts your breed of retard
>>
>>95337290
tl:dr
>>
>>95337431
>tl:dr
of course you didn't. otherwise why would you care to reply?
>>
>>95337290
It means that you missed the point both anons were trying to make, and at the same time you being so in love with the sound of your own voice makes your argument gets lost in all that extra fluff you don't need, but included just so you could hear it and feel smarter.

>you need to learn to be more concise anon
>>hurr durr fans of this show don't like to read.
>>
>https://twitter.com/thomasbahamis/status/907993489018728448
>>
>>95337290
funny, I was thinking about The Wire as well when I was watching Ricklantis. Well, no wonder actually. But still I think it has more than 1 theme going on. The Wire was not just a crime drama show - it was a social commentary as well. R&M is not only wacky adventure adventure cartoon either. It's social commentary is subtle enough for people shushing other people for "digging to deep" - take this thread for instance. And that's a good thing. It's unobtrusive enough for people who don't like their cartoons preaching down to them to enjoy it as a mere adveture cartoon, while giving us, autists, staff to chew on also.
>>
>>95337518
>your argument gets lost in all that extra fluff you don't need
you mean you don't need, rght? who the fuck are you to install a word limit on other's posts? If your brain's hurty from seeing too many letters at once then don't read.
>just so you could hear it and feel smarter.
what are you, 14? why so preoccupied with measuring brain-penis sizes?
>>
>>95335151
Cop Rick had just been stabbed for buying into a Morty crying. That CopMorty didn't even lower his gun from BigMorty's head was a clear warning, and the point was CopRick had to become jaded like other Ricks with the line "Just Ricks killing Mortys"
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.