[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of the Sinestro Corps War the first time you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

What did you think of the Sinestro Corps War the first time you read it? What do you think of it now?
>>
>>95292760
I've enjoyed it every time I read it. I actually appreciated it more the second time around after having read Johns' GL run going into it (because GL by Johns omnibus).
It's not the most thought provoking, amazing thing ever written, but it's entertaining.
>>
It was, as the kids, say, lit
>>
File: sinestrowar.jpg (385KB, 900x1163px) Image search: [Google]
sinestrowar.jpg
385KB, 900x1163px
>>95292760
I shit bricks when this happened
>>
Was Sinestro Corps War the last time we see Superman Prime?
>>
>>95294521
Nope.

After Sinestro Corps War, he ends up being one of the big bads of Countdown to Infinite Crisis, at which point he then ends up Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds.
>>
>>95292760
I thought it was a clusterfuck in the best way possible. So many players involved, all of whom were being strung along by Sinestro, the Justice League getting mopped up, the fact that ALL the previous Crisis villains were working together, a powerless fist fight to end what was the biggest display of power in an event as the cherry on top
>>
>>95294927
Hal and Sinestro dukeing it out without their power rings was fucking awesome.
>>
The first time I read it I was new to comics, and a friend of mine told me. Dude, GL's getting a movie so now is the best time to get into the character. I didn't know what the fuck was going on, I didn't know who half of these dudes were, but I loved it. This and most of Johns' Gl stuff got me into DC as a whole. The movie was shit but at least I got the comics. I reread this story sometimes and I love it as much as there first time I did if not more, but now I know who most of the characters are and what is going on in canon. It's an awesome GL event and how most action packed summer
Block buster like events should be: fun and awesome as fuck. The fight between SBP and Sodam Yat was the coolest shit my non-comic book reading teenage eyes had ever fucking seen at the time.
>>
>>95292760
I thought, "Holy crap, this is the most gloriously crazed, bombastic, Silver Age-y GL story I've read in ages! Julie Schwartz and John Broome would proud of you, Johns!"

I was happy with it.
>>
File: Butts.jpg (143KB, 1200x442px) Image search: [Google]
Butts.jpg
143KB, 1200x442px
Also, I was thinking something very like this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.