[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/F_1zoX5Ax9U In Season 2, Episode 20 of CBS's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Battle_For_The_Cowl.jpg (2MB, 2560x1979px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_For_The_Cowl.jpg
2MB, 2560x1979px
https://youtu.be/F_1zoX5Ax9U

In Season 2, Episode 20 of CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" (titled "The Hofstadter Isotope,") series protagonist Sheldon Cooper has the following exchange with another character.

>Sheldon: Well, I’ve spent the last three hours in an online debate in the DC Comics Batman chatroom, and I need your help.

>Stuart: Oh yeah. Those guys can be very stubborn. What’s the topic?

>Sheldon: I am asserting, in the event that Batman’s death proves permanent, that original Robin, Dick Grayson, is the logical successor to the Bat Cowl.

>Stuart: Ooh, Sheldon, I’m afraid you couldn’t be more wrong.

>Sheldon: More wrong? Wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation.

>Stuart: Of course it is. It’s a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, it’s very wrong to say it’s a suspension bridge. But returning to the original issue, Dick Grayson became Nightwing, a superhero in his own right. Batman 2 has to be the second Robin, Jason Todd.

Now, I find this an interesting exchange for several reasons. This episode originally aired in April 2009, 4 years after Jason Todd had been ressurected as the antihero Red Hood, and the month before the events of Battle for the Cowl. Battle for the Cowl ends with Dick Grayson taking on the mantle of Batman as per Sheldon's theory, but Jason Todd indeed dors take up the mantle of Batman during the event, as Stuart predicted.

However, my problem with this is that Jason Todd had not shown himself to be worthy or even capable of taking on the mantle of Batman at any point prior to the Battle. His tenture as The Red Hood should have proven that the character was ill-suited for the role of Batman compared to Dick or Tim. While Stuart was technically correct, Jason only took up the mantle temporarily and lost it to Dick.

So I ask you: why did Stuart believe that Jason Todd would take on the role of Batman from Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>95290727
really activates those almonds
>>
>>95290727
Because edgyfags and tumblr landwhales liked Jason Todd because of the animated movie where he was voiced by that Supernatural fag.
>>
>>95290727
Stuart is a twat who thinks succession rights is rooted in seniority. By his own logic, Dick should be Batman and Jason should be the new Nightwing
But really it's just a name drop for nerd cred "Oh hey nerds we know this character from the funny books"
>>
>>95290727
But more importantly, how does Superman clean his uniform? And can werewolves swim?
>>
>>95290801
Is Stuart edgy?
>>
I've never seen this show. Why does the stuck up Stacey hang out with the nerds?
>>
Because the writer read the second Robin's name of wikipedia. Either didnt know or didnt care about any Red Hood stuff.
>>
>>95291416
>Because the writer read the second Robin's name of wikipedia.
/thread

Mods please destroy this thread
>>
>>95291377
she feels better about herself around them
mostly for superficial reasons
>>
>>95290727
Are you trying to turn this into a meme?
>>
>>95291416
But they knew about the death of batman
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.