[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the forced diversity in the 90's cartoons is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Do you think the forced diversity in the 90's cartoons is at least partially responsible for the grooming of a generation of SJWs?
>>
No, and fuck you.
>>
>>95287714
How was that forced in Captain Planet? Having an international team to deal with global issues makes sense.
>>
>>95287714
yes
Then femishits happen with power puff, Kim possible etc
>>
>>95288085
PPG literally had an episode criticizing women that cry feminism and opression to get whatever they want instead of looking for real equality.
>>
>having the entire cast not be white is "forced" diversity
I can understand where you're coming from but could you at least illustrate your point in a way that doesn't make you look like a fucking retard.
>>
piss off frogturd
>>
Twitter is responsible. The BK Kids Club didn't influence anyone.
>>
>>95287714
>forced diversity

>>/pol/
>>
>>95287714
Actually the exact opposite. SJWs and their ilk DIDN'T watch enough 'diverse' shows in their formative years. Thus, race and gender became the things they focus heavily on.

I was born in '95, and most of my media featured a few girls and nonwhite persons. Everything I saw showed that differences existed, but mattered just as much as hair color. It was effectively postracial. Sure, things weighed more towards white male characters, but I'm a white male who was mostly taking in media aimed at white boys. The random black guy or random chick that was part of the team was just that- a random person.
>>
>>95289542
I mean, look at L4D2. Half the main cast is black, yet it's only actually relevant because of the setting. They don't perform any differently than the white characters.
>>
Imagine just getting up every day and spending your whole day looking for new ways to get mad about bitches and niggers. And then blaming THEM for your own feeling of failure! Too fucking funny.
>>
>>95287714
No . The 90s and early 2000s did a good job with diversity. It wasn't forced or anything. It was natural.
>>
>>95287777

quints of truth.

it's diverse cast of : asian, indian, black, fat and cripple is one of the 90s sins.
>>
>>95288182
Yes, but then Laura Faust got flak from the feminists, so she later wrote the episode where the PPG make the Justice Friends look bad.
>>
Most SJWs are old teens or young adults so they were probably born in mid 2000s or early 2000s when there wasn't that many cartoons with diversity . So they didn't grow up with good divers shows like Static Shock, and Captain Planet.
>>
>>95289949
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0
>>
Nope, some actually pulled it right.

Think of extreme Ghostbusters, they had a Carlton, a sleazy Latino, Goth fapbait and a freaking wheelchair bound character and we don't really remember them for being their archetypes since they got actual characterization.

The Carlton was not just played for the laughs on his interest or academic success, he was a competent leader, the sleazy Latino got promoted to hear with a heart of gold and had a whole underdog black sheep theme going for him, the Goth was actually competent but not a screen hog and the wheel chair one was actually the most proactive at shooting stuff and trying to solve issues despite being an adrenaline junkie.

A rainbow cast can be done right if you have competent writers, Extreme Ghostbusters had everything against it, an edgy reboot with an all new cast of BK kids playing Ghostbusters under a studio that was competent but often overlooked and look at the gem we got.

I should clarify I'm not looking at this with nostalgia, it still holds up on a rewatch.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.