[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found out about this character today and it seemed pretty interesting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2004.jpg (124KB, 550x846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2004.jpg
124KB, 550x846px
I found out about this character today and it seemed pretty interesting. I just like the idea of a cape character who was transplanted from another bit of media. Is she still used at all or is she just a forgotten footnote of history? Is she a good character?

If she is, what would you recommend reading of her?
>>
File: IMG_2006.jpg (46KB, 197x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2006.jpg
46KB, 197x300px
Bump. Anyone read any of her stuff? I don't know dick about Marvel, so I don't know where C-Listers are found.
>>
>>95286684
she's okay. kath leth is trash though as was anything she did..
>>
>>95285830
Read Kathryn Immonen's Hellcat. Avoid Leth's Hellcat like the plague.
>>
>>95286818
>>95286783
Oh yeah? What did she write about that was so shit? I see online they had comedic stories and normal cape stuff.
>>
>>95286684
Patsy's a nice character, but she runs into some seriously bad luck with writers every now and then.The Leth series is trash and Warren Ellis just fucking gutted her back in the 90's. Otherwise, though? The old Patsy Walker romcom comics are a fun read if you like that kind of ancient Archie stuff and I recommend the old Defenders series in general.
>>
>>95285830
Pasty Walker started out as a teen romance character way back before Marvel became Marvel. She was notable for being allowed to grow up and marry her main love interest. Even more unusual she eventually got divorced, something almost unheard of in the comics code era.
When Marvel made the switch to being all superheroes all the time Patsy was one of the few characters popular enough to make the transition, appearing as a supporting character in several titles. Eventually she was given a costume and a codename, Hellcat. Her early appearances were retconned into being in universe romance comics written by her mother. She's been all over the place quality wise never really settling on a consistent tone or gimmick. Her most recent solo book just ended. Her early appearances have not been collected as far as I know.
Podcast all about her here

* Episode Download Link (46 MB): https://audioboom.com/posts/6255328-ghl-177-hellcat-patricia-trish-walker.mp3?source=rss&stitched=1
>>
>>95286928
The idea was good, basically a superhero-themed happy slice-of-life but...

It's absolutely, completely, irredeemably BLAND.

No tension whatsoever, most of the problems aren't actual problems and have no lasting repercussions(if any repercussion at all)

The art, while cute, isn't up to everybody, and reinforces the feeling of "nothing remotely really bad is ever going to happen or stick around for more than a cliffhanger"

Read Immonen's series, instead. It's much better.
>>
>>95286818
>>95287143
Gotcha. Is it a more serious take? I kind of was looking for something only half serious, but it sounds like Leth was pure trash. Sad, since I like the concept a lot.

>>95287122
I was under the impression that the divorce was after the shift to Superhero, but all my info is coming from poorly written biographies. Like her use as a character isn't usually explained, but her backstory has every little detail, which is frustrating for trying to get a feel for her character. I'll check the podcast out, thanks!
>>
>>95287720
Half-serious is about how serious Immonen's Hellcat was. It's pretty lighthearted. Just a fun little adventure book. Pretty art too.
>>
>>95287835
Thanks! I'll snag it up then.
>>
I personally have a soft spot for Patsy.

She's cute, wears tights, red head
What's not to like?

Yeah her most recent solo run suffers from all of nuMarvel's problems but the art style was still a bit charming
>>
>>95286928

>Oh yeah? What did she write about that was so shit?

Art is rushed (rumors go Kate Leth gives the script to artists as last minute as possible) and its boring as fuck. Kate Leth's Hellcats adventures include having bedbugs, punishing evil white males for being rude, going for smoothies and shopping and thats pretty much it. Barbie/Bratz comics have more going on than these borefests that are supposed to be "superhero" comics.
>>
>>95288639
NuMarvel gets a lot of flak from /co/, but is it just being cutesy tumblresque comics with not a lot of action? 'Cause I can deal with that if the dialogue is good.
>>
File: Damar.jpg (35KB, 404x441px) Image search: [Google]
Damar.jpg
35KB, 404x441px
>>95290135
>Cause I can deal with that if the dialogue is good.
>>
>>95288639
the artstyle would be fine, it's the story that is bad
>>
>>95285830
The writer is an awful person
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.