[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel is killing the industry. It is shitty, but it's true.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 23

File: antos.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
antos.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
Marvel is killing the industry. It is shitty, but it's true. Marvel is more focused on pandering to the SJW crowd than making good comics.
>>
>>95284860
Where do people like you come from
>>
>>95284892
/pol/
>>
>>95284860
I want to give her the blueberry gum
>>
It's a fad like the edge shit of Liefeldian proportions of the 90's.
We've discussed it to death and are waiting for it to die alerady.
There are diamonds in the rough at Marvel but they never catch the same clickbait attention as their SJW shit
>>
>>95284892
People who actually read comics
>>
>>95284860
You literally don't read comics
>>
>>95284860
They are experimenting with the product line, whilst they are in a financially safe position. I mean, they have all that movie doe to fall back on if any of their lines fail.

They'll go back to their regular stuff soon.
>>
File: bwpp.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bwpp.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
this thread sucks
>>
>>95284918
>they have all that movie doe
No they don't. The movies are no longer part of Marvel Entertainment. They stopped getting "movie doe" after Age of Ultron.
>>
You all know what to do about shitposts, folks. Help clean up our board.
>>
>>95284959
>You all know what to do about shitposts, folks.

Watch as they reach 500+ posts without anything being done about it?
>>
File: 1505171194920.png (196KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1505171194920.png
196KB, 417x578px
>>95284910
Stop reading Big 2, pleb. Are you really surprised for it being shit?
>>
>>95284935
>>95284959
>>95284892
>>95284911
Some many cucks ITT
Here is a redpill on how marvel is killing the industy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjMQ4r0fDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo3S5lCxL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-hHUV-cuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLrXW7TmXSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqlHDAK3G5E&t=158s
>>
>>95285040
They didn't disagree on Marvel's SJW shit being harmful or stupid, it's just that we've been on this ride so many damn times already.
There's nothing more to discuss, also
>E-Celebs
>>
File: 6281283_orig[1].jpg (116KB, 400x591px) Image search: [Google]
6281283_orig[1].jpg
116KB, 400x591px
It's actually a weak editorial staff that cannot rein in bad writers and sharpen their stories.

Marvel has always been about social issues. Pic related.
>>
>>95285103
Reminder that Ike Perlmutter laid off a shit ton of editors
>>
>>95285040
You made this thread to shill your channel again, right faggy race mixer?
>>
>>95284860
Dont like it, dont read it. But you are already not reding marvel, so this is a shitpost, and you should just end it.
>>
>>95285144
Nah, it's just D&C viewers see him as a huge voice of reason and not just someone pointing out the obvious
>>
File: 7096069_orig.png (1MB, 882x800px) Image search: [Google]
7096069_orig.png
1MB, 882x800px
>>95285040
I'm not watching any of those shitty videos, when you link youtube videos to comic channels you basically admit you have never read or owned a comic book in your life and just watch other people talk about it and read wikis
>>
>>95285040
fuck off you stolen valor faggot.

the olny thing you accomplished with your shitty reviews is prove that horseshoe theroy exists
>>
Marvel is killing Marvel, which does affect the parts of the industry like local mom and pop shops. It also isn't because of SJWs. The real problem is constant events and reboots to get diminishing returns on #1 and variant sales, poor editing, and Marvel talent leaving for greener pastures at Image and DC.
>>
>>95285144
>>95285175
>>95285231
>>95285238
I guess this thread is over. You can go back to shilling elsewhere interns
>>
>>95285286
>>95285040
see 3rd video and join the red-pill side
>>
>>95284860
Why does she look like a completely different person on each photograph she appears in?
>>
>>95284918
>They'll go back to their regular stuff soon.
nope, they're dug in like a tick with this shit. Generations was supposedly supposed to do that, but all it is, is self congratulation trash that pushes how much better we're supposed to think the legacy characters are.
>>
>>95285332
Considering how Inhumans is seen as a laughing stock, one can hope that The Mouse will have enough of Perlmutter's shit and kick him out
Then we get better editors since he laid off all the good ones
>>
>>95285318
Marvel is grooming her
>>
>>95284918
>that movie doe
>doe
>doe
>doe
If this is the future of America, I don't think we deserve anything worthwhile.
>>
>>95285318
tricky angles and filters
>>
>>95285286
>It also isn't because of SJWs. The real problem is constant events and reboots
Don't kid yourself. It's both of those things. Marvel has been getting away with their constant events and relaunches for close to 15 years. Buts it's only been the last few years (which saw the rise of SJW politics) in which sales have been drastically diminishing.
>>
D&C, if you're reading this
The reason why /co/ doesn't like you is because /co/ doesn't e-celebs on Youtube
>>
>>95284918
>they are in a financially safe position.
No, they're not in a safe position. Their sales drop by the thousands every week and the stock is dropping more and more by the day.
>they have all that movie doe to fall back on
The money goes to the studios and big daddy Disney. The comic division gets nothing except free promotion from those films.
>They'll go back to their regular stuff soon.
They've committed to SJW pandering books. There is no going back until certain people are fired or leave.
>>
>>95285343
it's not just inhumans that's seen as a laughing stock. marvel has to do some serious miracle making at this point, or really dish out the shekels. it's getting to the point where anyone of quality wants nothing to do with them. the "talent" they have now is literally all they can get.

take the first video in this post for example >>95285040. only 3 books sold over 100K in August, and there are some indie publishers selling on par with Marvel. like the guy says, there was time in the Shooter era when dipping below 50K meant cancellation. yet, America is allowed to keep going at only 9K sales? WTF?!
>>
>>95284860
Good. The industry SHOULD die. An inferior product on an outdated medium. Why should we save it? Let it die so something better can finally take its place.
>>
>>95285445
It isn't that their writers are liberals, they just fucking suck as writers. Grant Morrison has been writing "SJW" shit for forever, but he is a good writer so we all enjoy it.
>>
Maybe if you think that DC and Marvel are the only comics that exist. You should see the numbers that YA graphic novels sell in bookstores, online, and through schools. Scholastic and other mainstream book publishers pay their creators better than DC and Marvel ever have.

Comics as a business has changed and superheroes are getting left in the dust.
>>
>>95285566
exactly. even Chuck Dixon, who's considered to be a conservative politically, has been doing sjw shit in his comics for decades. hell, his runs on Batman, Robin, and Nightwing were loaded with it. but he wrote good stories. the guy (and Morrison) was a huge reason why i dumped marvel for dc for my capeshit in the 90's and early 2000's
>>
>>95285566
>Grant Morrison has been writing "SJW" shit for forever
Give me one example.
>>
>>95285040
>cucks
>redpill

You must be 18+ to post on 4chan, /pol/ack
>>
>>95284860
Am I really the only one who remembers the Diseny takeover?

Why are people still surprised that
>marlel
is shit?
>>
>>95285679
/thread
>>
>>95285601
this is true. manga and euro comics are getting more of a market share now too. while probably not the main factor, for these other graphic mediums taking hold, i'm sure marvel circling the drain and dc's new52 shit pushed people who love the medium in different directions. personally, i've started picking a lot more manga since i've found there is very little that marvel has to offer for me.
>>
>>95285684
Disney's influence is mainly seen in the cartoons and movies. They don't seem to have any influence on the comics, from what I can see. When Disney was first announced as the new owners of Marvel, I expected all their comics to become something like gurihiru's Power Pack books. But clearly that never happened.
>>
>>95285731
>thinking manga matters
It's just a little less dead than it was.
>>
>>95285660
Isn't Morrison the guy that created Dust and the Great 10?
>>
>>95285791
yeah, and Dust was co-created by Ethan Van Sciver. who has been a very vocal anti-sjw on social media
>>
>>95285763
that's weird because i see more of it on the shelves now than i did in the early 2000's. in more places to. back then the only place i could really get manga was at bookstore like Borders (RIP) or Barnes & Noble. not many comic shops carried it like they do now, and if they did, it was the shit everybody knew about, like GitS. there even stores now that cater strictly to the weeb crowd, those were like unicorns back then.
>>
>>95285660
Lot of people conflate the liberal values of the past with the sjw values of the present which are an extreme version of what that was.
>>
>>95285763
>While at Anime Expo 2017, I noticed that the crowds at this annual anime/manga/j-pop festival in downtown Los Angeles attracts a slightly different crowd that the other pop culture super-show, Comic-Con International (which, incidentally, is only a few weeks after Anime Expo, and only a few miles south in San Diego)
>For one thing, the fans at Anime Expo skew younger -- average age is teens to 20-somethings. SDCC tends to attract a slightly older crowd, maybe more in their late 20s - mid-40's. So looking out at a sea of fans (over 115,000 unique visitors over 4 days, a 15% increase over 2016 attendance, and rapidly catching up with SDCC, which attracted 130,000 fans last year), I wondered, what attracts them to Japanese anime, manga, music, and games? What do they get out of it that they don't find in American-made comics, movies, animation, TV shows, etc.?

https://storify.com/debaoki/what-does-japanese-anime-manga-deliver-that-us-pop
>>
>>95285660
The Invisibles
>>
>>95285936
That just means the demand's going up where you live.
>>95285977
More anecdotal evidence. "Younger people stopped reading comics and are all reading manga" is what everyone was saying back in the early 00s but as you can see, the bubble popped.
>>
>>95285841
Didn't he leave social media after this?
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/11/ethan-van-sciver-apologises-suicide-jibe-vows-not-vent-social-media-anymore/
>>
>>95285945
Agreed. Political agenda books the way we see them today only came into vogue within the last 5 years. Before that, they were handled within reason and weren't meant as propaganda.
>>
>>95284860
Go away, Zach
>>
>>95286032
his facebook is still pretty active
>>
File: The_Invisibles_V1_15_05.jpg.jpg (365KB, 986x1517px) Image search: [Google]
The_Invisibles_V1_15_05.jpg.jpg
365KB, 986x1517px
>>95286002
The Invisibles is one of those books that progressives were falling all over themselves to praise back in the 90s that they would now consider massively transphobic. If you don't believe me, just look what happened to Chaykin not too long ago.
>>
>>95286004
i've lived in many parts of the US over the years, and i've seen the same thing in all those places. Seattle moreso than others though
>>
Another /pol/ thread..
>>
>>95286266
If this was /pol/ people would be posting outdated panels from cancelled books
/pol/'s actually more knowledgeable on comics than /co/ thinks
>>
>>95286229
Chaykin is trash.
>>
>>95286334
True, but calling him a transphobe because he doesn't write one in a way that's "approved" is inaccurate.
>>
>>95286229
weird how times change. i was reading about people getting salty over Gaiman's portrayal of a trans character in the Sandman story A Game of You. i recently reread Sandman to have it fresh in my mind for the Overture hardcover i picked up. even now there is nothing wrong with that portrayal. in fact, it could be considered very realistic and relevant even today
>>
>>95284899
Take back your board ,faggots. Don't let /tv/ and /pol/ fuck up your board even further
>>
>>95285103
eh not really the same thing. comics could always do stories touching on social issues, and they'd be self contained and focused. now you have whole series about them like champions and there is no focus.

very ineffective.
>>
hey interns, how can I get a job shilling for marvel?
>>
>>95284860
I don't think I can agree with you OP, out of everything I'm pulling from Marvel the only thing that even looks like it's SJW pandering is AN Wolverine. Maybe you should try not focusing on comics that trigger you like America and Wasp and anything written by Bendis
>>
>>95286552

yep, just don't buy the pandering book. Iron Fist, Venomverse and Old Man Logan are great.
>>
>>95286539
you seem to already be busy shilling for that faggot D&C and his mudslime wife's daughter.
>>
>>95286583
I've also really been enjoying Spider-Man and Deadpool, as sad as I am to see Kelly and Ed leave, Thompson and Bachalo have me pretty hyped, Renew Your Vows panders to the spider-fag on me, but dipshits like OP will probably see the page of MJ fighting Venom and scream "She only defeated him because she's a stronk womin!!" While ignoring the fact that that fight took place on a mental field. I didn't even mind Moon Girl showing up in Venom simply because rather than being perfect and wonderful, she was actually the cause of all the major conflict in that arc.

It hey, why talk about the comics we like when we can all talk about how much we hate America and Riri?
>>
>I'm a TROO FAN even though I have no historical perspective whatsoever and have been reading comics one or two years more than SJWs at best and probably pirate all my comics anyway while demanding they cater solely to me

Marvel hasn't cared about quality for over 30 years. They blindly follow whatever the hip new trend looks to be for short term profits and consider talent to be replaceable. Editors are impotent slaves to businessmen.

It just so happens that the new demographic they want to go after is no longer moviefags (aka You) and is now young adults (aka "SJWs"). Join the long list of spurned former customers that includes toy buying little kids, 90's X-treme kids, collector/speculators, basement dwellers (what Jemas literally called them), and "muh mature comics" fags.

Try reading even one comic from before 2012 that doesn't have a movie named after it before you call yourself the "real" fans.
>>
>>95286828
>I'm a TROO FAN even though I have no historical perspective whatsoever and have been reading comics one or two years more than SJWs at best and probably pirate all my comics anyway while demanding they cater solely to me

The Big 2 haven't cared about quality for over 30 years. They blindly follow whatever the hip new trend looks to be for short term profits and consider talent to be replaceable. Editors are impotent slaves to businessmen.

It just so happens that the new demographic they want to go after is no longer moviefags (aka You) and is now young adults (aka "SJWs"). Join the long list of spurned former customers that includes toy buying little kids, 90's X-treme kids, collector/speculators, basement dwellers (what Jemas literally called them), and "muh mature comics" fags.

Try reading even one comic from before 2012 that doesn't have a movie named after it before you call yourself the "real" fans.

>F
>T
>F
>Y
>>
>>95286863
DC's specifically courting old fans with Rebirth so that's not accurate.
>>
File: hardcore.gif (83KB, 496x426px) Image search: [Google]
hardcore.gif
83KB, 496x426px
>>95286617
>>
>>95286828
These threads are made by /tv/ literally every single time so good luck convincing them that capes in general are shit and have always been shit with few exceptions.
>>
>>95284910
You don't read comics
>>
>>95286617

can I have a job shilling for anyone? please?
>>
>>95286967
>hey, oldfags, guess what?? Wally is back! And he's playing a big important role as the Flash!
>just kidding, Barry is the Flash that we'll focus on, we'll stick Wally in the crappy titans book and let Barry run a whole event with Batman
>oh by the way, that Shazam ongoing is coming any day now!
>oh and don't forget to buy Synergy Squad!
>>
>>95286828
>>95286863
Joke's on you I don't even watch the movies.
>>
>>95285040
>Cucks

Oh you're retarded.
>>
File: dot com.jpg (96KB, 901x583px) Image search: [Google]
dot com.jpg
96KB, 901x583px
>>95286967
>rebirth is good meme
>dc are the good guys meme
>>
>>95286828
so according to this post i fall into the categories of 90's X-treme kids (started collecting in '88), collector/speculators (current collection is valued at around 30K), and "muh mature comics" fags (i'm an old fogie who taught his daughters how to read with comicbooks). i'm okay with this
>>
>>95287044
>no captain marvel ongoing or appearance on justice league because johns has dibs on him and keeps him low priority

>Noone will ever die on a suicide squad book line up because movie line up synergy

Marvels incompetence doesnt make this any less saddening
>>
>>95287044
>>hey, oldfags, guess what?? Wally is back! And he's playing a big important role as the Flash!
woo-hoo!
>>just kidding, Barry is the Flash that we'll focus on, we'll stick Wally in the crappy titans book and let Barry run a whole event with Batman
dammit, they still throw him a bone now and then
>>oh by the way, that Shazam ongoing is coming any day now!
i look forward to it
>>oh and don't forget to buy Synergy Squad!
no thanks
>>
>>95287130
>>Noone will ever die on a suicide squad book line up because movie line up synergy

Suicide Squad was never about the main cast dying left and right. Of the people in the first issue, the only ones who died were a literal who and Rick Flag (who came back, and also "dead" in the current book)
>>
>>95287044
>have another robin
>and another
>and another
>and another
>and another
>and another
>and another
>>
>>95287236
Flagg dies and comes back more than Jean Grey
>>
>>95287236
I still can't believe that King wrote a better Suicide Squad than the current ongoing
>>
>>95285290
I don't think D&C has any interns. He just makes the posts himself.
>>
>>95286828
>collector/speculators
>implying they're not still pandering to collector/speculators
It's not the SJWs lapping up their constant variant covers.
>>
>>95287490
his 7 year old daughter is his intern, and she's better at the job than anyone at marvel
>>
>>95287556
Those are about screwing the retailers who literally need the profits from variants to survive by forcing them to buy more comics with incentives.

The collector market is nonexistant on a large scale, they only matter for individual retailers where a couple hundred dollars a month is the difference between staying open and going out of business.
>>
>>95285179
That's usually what makes someone the voice of reason.
>>
>>95287935
>The collector market is nonexistant on a large scale, they only matter for individual retailers where a couple hundred dollars a month is the difference between staying open and going out of business.
>hedging the success of your business to a nonexistant market

retailers are shit and deserve to die
>>
>>95288293
Websites are retailer too idiot.
>>
>>95285040
Redpill for you:
>we all know all this
>your favourite anti-sjw video makers barely pass average IQ and their videos suck
>you're being served same, low quality shit over and over and over again cause you keep clicking and watching, you're an outrage mongoloid on the opposite side of the coin
>they use your clicks to create fantasies about being relevant
>>
>>95287935
But that's the point, there wouldn't be any point to getting variant covers or needing the profits from them if it wasn't for the fact that speculators were still buying them. Marvel makes them to appeal to speculators. Retailers order them because speculators buy them.
>>
>>95285103
Except they weren't hamfisted into every single comic series.
>>
>>95288482
And?
>>
It's not just Marvel, of course. None of these entertainment or media companies should pander to any activists, whether left or right. Just let writers, cartoonists, game developers, etc make what they want. It doesn't matter if the activists are offended or outraged.
>>
File: 2162719.jpg (146KB, 790x445px) Image search: [Google]
2162719.jpg
146KB, 790x445px
Why are people acting like Marvel isn't killing the industry? This isn't even the first time they've done it
>>
>>95284860

Heather Antos looks like THAT?
>>
i just want all the faggotry to disappear including op and this thread
>>
>>95288511

>you're being served same, low quality shit over and over and over again cause you keep clicking and watching

He does repeat himself a lot. Now he's doing streams which are even longer, so I gave up on trying to follow his stuff.
>>
>>95285040
Fuck off you irrelevant faggot! We don't care what you have to say we can form our own opinions. Get vocal cord reconstructive surgery too you bitch you sound like you've sucked so much dick that your throat is permanently clogged with semen.
>>
We have this thread 10 times every fucking day.
>>
>>95284918
>experimenting

yes, and i suppose people just "experiment" with meth
>>
>>95285040
Is this the mongoloid that rushes a 40 second long point and then repeats it for 16 minutes? Because he deserves to be hit by a semi.
>>
>>95289430
Aren't you glad they made all those cape movies to widen the """"comics"""" audience and attract these people here?
>>
>>95289430
Because it always ends up soaked in Mongrel intern tears.
>>
>>95289135
Because the retard thinks its their content and not their publishing practices. MUH SJWs are nothing compared to Event fatigue and constant renumbering when it comes to driving away readers and killing sales.
>>
>>95289499
>only people paid to disagree with me could ever disagree with me
This level of delusion is frankly remarkable.
>>
>>95289430
characterfags gonna characterfag
>>
>>95289644
Question; what's a characterfag, anyway?
>>
>>95289496
Yeah, you've never talked to "real" comic book fans, have you? Moviecasuals can quite frankly control their autism. Hardcore big 2 fans are UNBEARABLE.
>>
>>95289643
>>95289681
Soaked.
>>
>>95289681
>Moviecasuals can quite frankly control their autism
Oh? Has evanposting been finally banned from /co/?
>>
>>95289681
Hardcore big 2 fans may suck but they don't make threads centered around social media, they make them around actual comics. These twitter bait threads are all /tv/ and /pol/ moviefaggotry
>>
>>95289496
I don't give a shit about the movies retard. I give a shit that you or people like you think this is worth posting.
>>
>>95289681
>Hardcore big 2 fans are UNBEARABLE.
May I tip my fedora in your honour, anon?
>>
>>95289700
>EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG I AM THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD WITH FLAWLESS TASTE LALALALA INTERNS INTERNS REEEEEEEE
>>
>>95289756
Time to start a new dry thread, I guess.
>>
File: titcow.png (408KB, 381x502px) Image search: [Google]
titcow.png
408KB, 381x502px
BEST EDITOR
>>
>>95289725
Yes, exactly. I care about maybe 10% of cape comics but I actually fucking read them and I read the characters/creatives from their very first runs too. I know the history.

I cannot imagine what you get out of making a thread demonstrating what a thin-skinned little bitch you are because some people are making bad comics every hour, on the hour.
>>
>>95284860
my theory is they're doing what they're doing for a few reasons:
>People have been moving towards edgier more mature comics from publishers like image
>The old audience they used to cater for (the old pencil necked white geeks) are getting older/dying off/quitting comics
>the movies have made the characters more appealing to people who don't read comics to get into them, including sjws who they realise will be the only audience left after aforementioned white geeks aren't around anymore
>Marvel makes more money from the movies so why try harder and put effort into an area that no longer makes all the money?
>>
>>95289725
Again, shitposting is not comparable to true autism.

>>95289725
>but they don't make threads centered around social media

BWAHAHAHAHA! Yes, they do! Hardcore big 2 fans know a shit ton about creators they hate. In fact Twitter just gave them more tools to do this.

I'm not saying /tv/ and /pol/ have no fault in this, but you're delusional if you think hardcore big 2 fans aren't the hugest shitflingers on the internet and IRL.

>>95289750
You may.
>>
>>95289778
She's a writer, dumbass. Jesus you faggots really don't read comics.
>>
>>95289778
>she wants to work for DC
Confirmed best.

>>95289821
>Image CEO lurks 4chan
>>
>>95289837
>CEO
>not unpaid intern

Step it up fampai.
>>
>>95285040
All I had to do is realise he's filming in his car to recognise that's diversity and comics. Why does he always review his comics in his car? Can he not do it in his house?
>>
>>95289820
Actual answer: Marvel editorial and management are a trainwreck and they have no fucking clue.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Daily reminder that this slob hired her as his assistant/work girlfriend and is probably fingering that dyed pussy right now.
>>
>>95289853
There's gotta be more to it than that. Just look at the star wars prequels and modern sonic games. Both terrible but they were just the result of being shitty without pandering to some diversity angle. But Marvel is both terrible and pumping out shitty titles about being "all new all different" at the expense of tried and true formulas that even the movies adhere
>>
>>95289680
you know how waifus work? it's the same but without the sexual attraction but not really
>>
>>95289594
Honestly it's a combination of both. Event fatigue but also using books to push an agenda than tell a story. You can't ignore the fact books like America are being published just to grand stand.
>>
>>95289777
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
>inb4 "yea more shills will show up"
No anon, people are just sick of your retardation. Does Marvel suck currently? Absolutely. They're really struggling both creatively and in terms of their marketing pushes (renumbering, events etc). They lack any kind of big name talent beyond the dumpster fire that is Brian Michael Bendis, they have no clear rising stars and clearly aren't capable of developing their own talent. We all know this. We don't need constant threads about it that focus on fucking tweets and social media because people like you don't even read comics, just browse twitter for shit to get mad about. You're addicted to outrage, the chemicals released in your brain when you get upset are better than the banal void of your life, so you seek it out and promote it at every opportunity. You're such a fucking faggot.
And frankly if anyone is shilling in these threads it's this retard >>95285040 but of course that couldn't be true because he agrees with you right?
>>
>>95289821
When the shitposting is true autism like Snyderfaggotry it's far, far worse. And bull fucking shit, twitterfaggotry is a surrogate for actually reading comics.
>>
>50 posters
>138 replies
is really hypercrisis my brain
>>
>>95289778
Who's this again?
>>
>>95289681
>Moviecasuals can quite frankly control their autism.

t. /tv/
>>
File: 1252794875507.gif (39KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1252794875507.gif
39KB, 250x245px
>>95284892
>>95284899
>>95284910

Why can't lefty fucks every recognize that people enjoy things they enjoy and don't have the same political opinions? ***Because people don't have actual political opinions, they have cultural preferences they confuse for political opinions.*** So they don't like people liking [the thing] they like, that like things they DONT like, because they don't want to be associated with THOSE PEOPLE OVER THERE.

>PEOPLE WHO DONT THINK 100% WHAT I THINK LIKE SOMETHING I LIKE AND THAT MEANS I CANT LIKE IT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT THINK IM ONE OF OTHER PEOPLE!

That's the conversation we're having right now. This could be solved by developing actual political views, separated from cultural preferences. Being an individual instead of a passive conformist. This needs to happen with Marvel because their writers are making this mistake too, thinking that because people enjoy the same entertainment, they must all have the same exact views on everything else. So they end up creating de-facto political propaganda instead of art. This ends up turning off parts of the audience and that's really not good for business as their sales reflect.

Again, it's not really about politics but about a social clique trying to exclusively cater to itself.

>>95284860

I wanted to use OP's pic here because Gwenpool a good example of this. Were they trying to make a good character or trying to give girls something to cosplay as, like Spider-Gwen? It seems that way. Gwenpool is literally smashing together the two characters that are popular in the movies. That's a direct catering to some secondary social groups demographic.
>>
>>95290230
Haha Epic! Upboated!
>>
>>95284959

Spam the report button because you don't like the content, not because it's not violating any rules?
>>
File: Job Fair Arrow Spinner.jpg (43KB, 620x502px) Image search: [Google]
Job Fair Arrow Spinner.jpg
43KB, 620x502px
>>95287032
Sure
>>
>>95290283
I'm not being funny m8 but it's actually impossible to discuss things with you. You are really ignorant of basic facts and positions that mean any understanding or conception you have is broken - but you refuse to accept that, and will instead accuse some sorta ideological conspiracy as the cause of you being wrong.

I don't even exactly disagree with you on the cookie-cutter nature of certain quirky girl lead books, but, what do I mean by this?

>I wanted to use OP's pic here because Gwenpool a good example of this. Were they trying to make a good character or trying to give girls something to cosplay as, like Spider-Gwen? It seems that way. Gwenpool is literally smashing together the two characters that are popular in the movies. That's a direct catering to some secondary social groups demographic.
Gwenpool EXISTS because of cosplay. It was a joke variant cover that became popular in cosplay, so they greenlit a one-shot and later series off of it. Written by the Dr. McNinja guy, so actually not that bad although surely doomed whenever it passes to another writer.

But that's what I mean. You start talking about "lefty fucks" or whatever and fine - but you don't have the understanding/knowledge needed to actually discuss the comic books you're talking about.
>>
>>95290103
It's not out of the ordinary for people to actually discuss things on /co/ instead of dropping a one-liner and leaving.
>>
>>95290283
>>95290410
And if you genuinely think Marvel's political leaning know is left-wing wankery, you should go read Gruenwald Cap and/or any long-running Wonder Woman comic. Liberal politics in comics is absolutely nothing new and has no real bearing on the quality of them.

The comic is liberal =/= the comic is bad. The badness exists independently of the politics.
>>
>>95287130
Captain Marvel is going to be in the Metal event. But you're probably sadden by that.
>>
>>95290443
>Liberal politics in comics is absolutely nothing new and has no real bearing on the quality of them.
It does when they're little more than agitprop.
>>
File: 1267419696994.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1267419696994.png
23KB, 400x400px
>>95290443

>The badness exists independently of the politics.

Aaannnddd apparently you didn't even read the post because the point was about cultural preferences posing as politics.

>>95290410

>Were they trying to make a good character or trying to give girls something to cosplay as, like Spider-Gwen? It seems that way

>Gwenpool EXISTS because of cosplay.

Sooo... I'm right? You agree with me and.... I'm ignorant and don't know what I'm talking about....

Jesus Christ do you people know what a fucking contraction is? 4chan can not fucking read. You people just can't fucking read words and comprehend what they mean.

>"YOU SAID 2+2=4 THATS WRONG IDIOT TWO PLUS TWO EQUALS 4"

This is every fucking day with you people. You back up my exact point and then call me idiot because you're too much of an idiot to see you're backing up my exact point.
>>
>>95284892
I went looking for some at prom but couldn't find any.
>>
>>95290574
Have you read either Gruenwald Captain America or any long-term Wonder Woman run? Simple question, easy to answer, hit me up.
>>
File: your waifu a slut.jpg (74KB, 620x401px) Image search: [Google]
your waifu a slut.jpg
74KB, 620x401px
>>95290642
Yes I have. Progressives would hate Gruenwald now.
>>
>>95290019
tl;dr I mad
>>
>>95290677
He's also completely right though. If you only want to bitch about social media, fuck off.
>>
>>95289910
SJWs are cheap. Ike doesn't care about quality, only how much he can penny pinch.
>>
>>95290655
Who are these nebulous progressives? Just whoever on twitter or facebook has the opinion that pisses you off the most?
>>
>>95290698
Or, you can leave the thread :)
>He
No samefagging, anon.
>>
>>95290725
I'm not that anon, anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170912-163729.png (253KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170912-163729.png
253KB, 1080x1920px
>>95284860
In other news, water, wet.

Oh, great captcha, what are you trying to tell me. What are your secrets.
>>
superhero comics are cancer anyway OP.

it's got nothing to do with SJW's, frankly I find them to be at least somewhat better than "edgy dark"-superhero-crap that came out in the 90's.
>>
>>95290718
They seem to congregate on twitter and tumblr, yes.
>>
>>95290751
It's OK, Marlel is an intern hivemind.

>>95290753
>phoneposting
Have a guess.
>>
>>95290410
>Gwenpool EXISTS because of cosplay
More like they already had plans of pushing the character and hired a cosplayer to viral market it going by the time frame of the backup and ongoing announcements.
>>
>>95290768
And you follow them all so you can get angry...
>>
>>95290792
Nah, I get it all from other people on /co/ who do that.
>>
>>95290782
Once you start going down this rabbit hole, you have no proof and never stop. It wasn't one instance and there is no reason to assume this but if you want to - sure.
>>
>>95290812
Prove it.
>>
>>95290775
>intern hivemind
What is this supposed to mean? What place have you ever worked where the interns had all the power?

If you don't blame Ike, Alonso and Brevoort for the current state of Marvel you're seriously dumb. You could get rid of all these #milkshake junior editors tomorrow and there would be no uptick in quality.
>>
And for the whole "liberal views in comics is nothing new" argument, there is a big difference between something tradiotionally liberal and modern 2017 useless buzzwords and catchphrases that indicate the writer is part of a certain group of people.

Wonder Woman saying feminist things isn't anything new sure. Wonder Woman saying "mansplaining" is and that would be a sign of the writer just following modern cultural trends and injecting them into the writing which is hacky.
>>
>>95290845

*traditionally. Gotta not hit that send button so quick anon.
>>
File: xmen_misfits.jpg (442KB, 898x1329px) Image search: [Google]
xmen_misfits.jpg
442KB, 898x1329px
They are aiming at a group that doesn't normally read cape shit.

Every ten years they do some big push to get female readers that don't read comics to buy their books.
>>
>>95290844
>b-but I hate my bosses!
Too late, intern.

>>95290858
Butthurt will do that to you.
>>
>>95290893
>Too late, intern.
Nigger, what? What fucking kool-aid are you drinking?
>>
>>95290845
I agree with that, but in many ways the actual political points and arguments being made were more radical back then than the ones put in today.

It's just... worse writing. Not more extreme politics.
>>
>>95290677
>I have no argument but I must shitpost
Jesus fuck you're a faggot
>>
>>95290910
>>95290937
So you mad.
>>
>>95289850
His baby momma hates that he tries to make autistic youtube videos and he's more whipped than a rented mule, most likely
>>
>>95288765
>Just let writers, cartoonists, game developers, etc make what they want.
That's the problem, anon. The writers, cartoonists, and game devs of today are nearly all far left-leaners, and they WANT to pander to other far left-leaners. The solution is to perform a clean sweep. Fire all the current employees, and stop hiring these mentally ill children straight from art college.
>>
File: Smile Bestseller.jpg (104KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
Smile Bestseller.jpg
104KB, 600x604px
>>95290860
>Raina Telgemeier
She did manage to get pre-teen female readers for Scholastic.
>>
This is one of the ugliest threads I've seen on all of 4chan in a while, you all need to chill the fuck out.
>>
>>95288511
Is the red pill filled with salt? Because that's all I'm getting from this post.
>>
>>95291102
>Fire all the current employees, and stop hiring these mentally ill children straight from art college.
And replace them with white trash from the Bible Belt!
>>
>>95291129
This is a culmination of years of built-up frustration, anon. When you see your favorite hobby burn up in flames, and no one does anything to stop it. In fact, everyone else says everything is fine and the problem is with YOU. It can get quite upsetting.
>>
>>95291263
Yeah I know but this isn't productive there are examples of both sides are being ignorant/hateful ITT

And yeah Marvel comics have been shit lately. I imagine the problem isn't just SJW stuff although that is a symptom of it. Also people intentionally remain ignorant to what people mean when they say "SJW", they act like when someone says SJW stuff sucks or is bad that they're against progressive values or are rascist/sexist. It's more convenient for their sanctimony. The term is fucking useless and frankly I'm embarassed people haven't realisd that yet.
>>
>>95290860
Raina Telgmeier is more relevant on her own than the comics line of Marvel.
>>
>Reading american comics
>Watching American cartoons

Lmao @ the state of your taste
>>
>>95291467
This seems delusional, I've never heard of her
>>
>>95291517
Those people don't actually enjoy them, they read them to get mad and shitpost about.
>>
>>95284860
One company is killing the industry?
Are they doing it because their strategy is working and people are flocking to them as the only game in town? Or are they losing profits and so people are going to companies and artists that don't follow the same strategy?
Or am I missing a third option?
>>
>>95291560
>they read them
>Implying
>>
>>95291576
The idea is that since Marvel is 90% of the industry and has just completely stopped trying to sell books at this point the industry is pretty fucked. Only 3 books, all DC sold over 100,000 copies in August. Amazing Spider-Man only sold 52,000 copies.

I don't personally blame SJW stuff I think that is symptomatic of a larger attitude which is that Marvel comics is basically just a vestigial department to the movies, they do not try to make money off their comics.
>>
>>95291594
Which comics are you currently reading? No bearing one way or the other on the legitimacy of your claim I'm just genuinely curious what has people excjted in comics right now
>>
>>95291594
Why do you think there are constantly storytime threads for shitty comics?
>>
>>95291129
>>95291263

And what have I been saying anons? Cultural preference. Cultural preference. Cultural preference.
>>
File: 1394334347458.jpg (19KB, 311x328px) Image search: [Google]
1394334347458.jpg
19KB, 311x328px
>>95291410

Yeah the term's been watered down but social justice people have their basic tenats and it's easy to spot the ideology's influence in writing.

>Men are automatically wrong and women are automatically right
>Anyone who's not-white is automatically right and a good guy, white males in business suits are the bad guys
>An over abundance of non-straight characters, for the stated sake of representation of these different sexualities that are supposed to be minorities and now are literally over represented
>America is bad and evil automatically
>The bad guys are also red necks.
>Anyone who doesn't live in an urban hub is a redneck
>Muslims are automatically innocent and usually only shown being helpless sheep being slaughtered by evil rednecks

I mean at this point it's just cliched to the point where I can list off these things and what to look for so you can easily identify the author's cultural preference they think are political leanings. Some comics in the past pre-internet/social media days were harder to tell and it made the writing better.
>>
>>95291528
She wrote the baby sitters club.
>>
>>95285127
Which Cummings and D&C, infuriatingly, keep failing to mention.

Ike, Alonso, and Brevoort run the show, not Heather Antos.
>>
File: 1500141221534.jpg (204KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500141221534.jpg
204KB, 900x900px
>>95285040
>>95285290
>>95285304
>>95286539
>>
>>95291528
That just means you're not a parent or librarian. Her main audience is little girls.
>>
>>95291528
Oh wow some /co/capeshitter drone never heard of a non cape writer, I guess they're completely irrelevant!
While what I said is hyperbole, she does have millions of OGNs in print and actually reaches the YA market Marvel desperately craves
>>
>>95284860
I thought they said that they'll stop pandering to them.
>>
>>95286489
It's two years too late.
>>
>>95286489
>Take back your board

fuck you're we're taking it back from SJW's retard. It was never tumblr and reddit tier faggots board.
>>
>>95292754
I've been on 4chan since before people even used those words here.
>>
>>95284910
Years of reading comics and posting on this board has shown me one thing if nothing else: /pol/ does not read comics.
>>
File: 1504741802992.jpg (36KB, 619x519px) Image search: [Google]
1504741802992.jpg
36KB, 619x519px
>>95289496
>Implying 2012 didn't mark the point where this board became flooded with Tumblr users.

There's a reason all the good posters here left.
>>
>>95292773
Before tumblr, /co/'s rivalry was with livejournal/scans_daily. Same opinions.
>>
>>95293309
Livejournal was true evil.
>>
>>95292773
remember when Gaia was the place you told people to back to? Good times.
>>
>>95292119
That's the outward doctrine. You aren't looking closely enough if you don't notice the inward one.
Four Legs Good
Two Legs Bad
Four Legs Good
Two Legs Better
>>
>>95290283
>Why can't lefty fucks every recognize that people enjoy things they enjoy and don't have the same political opinions?
This is a pretty ironic statement, considering the OP.
>>
>>95292119

This. And apparently if you happen to be a white straight male and thus find these comics unappealing, you are a racist bigot, meanwhile the stated reason for making these comics is to reach a new audience which doesn't 'feel represented' in comics.

Insane hypocrisy, if a poc feel they can't connect to a white character (fully understandable), so why would they expect a white person would connect to a poc character (fucking racist!) ?
>>
>>95285238
He's stolen valor?
>>
>>95284860
Fuck off with your SJW shit, you fucking pig
>>
>>95285238
Watch your damn mouth. One day you are gonna say some hateful shit in public and get your teeth shattered. Trust me, us "SJW" are done putting up with your childish ignorance. I fucked up a dude in front of his girlfriend for saying a homophobic slur in public, and I'd do it to you. He cried like a bitch to his girlfriend, just like you would.
>>
>>95295741
Retard
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.