[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well/poorly have these glorified toy commercials aged? Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Fuck the 80s.jpg (356KB, 1894x398px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck the 80s.jpg
356KB, 1894x398px
How well/poorly have these glorified toy commercials aged?
Which one aged the best?
Which one aged the worst?
>>
>>95276178

The best of the glorified toy commercials was The Real Ghostbusters but of these:

01. The Thundercats intro
02. GI Joe
03. Transformers
04. Voltron/TMNT
06. The actual Thundercats show
07. He-Man and She-Ra

Of the lot, GI Joe has probably remained the most watchable since it was gloriously cheesy even back then and remains so now.

Besides Thundercats, each of those shows has had a later reboot that was either a much better show than the original or a much more faithful adaption of the source material.
>>
>>95276178
Best one is Thundercats, second best is TMNT, the rest are crap
>>
Voltron aged the worst
>>
Voltron aged horrifically.
>>
>>95276407
Best glorified toy commercial was Gem
>>
>>95276178
It's dawning on me that the only one of these that hasn't been rebooted lately is He-Man.

Didn't Sony claim to be producing a He-Man movie? I coulda sworn I remembered hearing about it right around the time the new Ghostbusters ended up sucking.
>>
>>95276407
>The best of the glorified toy commercials was The Real Ghostbusters
Patrician taste.
>>
>>95276407
Well, He-Man got a reboot, but it died before they got around to adapting She-Ra, which is a shame cuz it's actually a way more interesting premise of the two.
>>
>>95279696
They do IIRC
When the time comes, expect gay jokes galore
It'll be like an hour and 30 minute long Robot Chicken sketch
>>
Quick /co/, come up with an idea for a glorified toy commercial
>>
>>95279811
Guy with superpowers has not one, but ten different superhero identities, each one sellable as a different action figure.
>>
File: zachjr.jpg (28KB, 656x486px) Image search: [Google]
zachjr.jpg
28KB, 656x486px
>tfw no Galaxy Ranger toys
>>
File: 512hNkVEaZL.jpg (63KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
512hNkVEaZL.jpg
63KB, 352x500px
>>95276178
>How well/poorly have these glorified toy commercials aged?
>Which one aged the best?
>Which one aged the worst?
Let me make this list interesting with one addition.
>>
>>95279703
Old Voltron will/would/is GLORIOUS when you do your own Science Theater 3000 or Rift Tracks of the episodes. Also Prince Lothar is the mans man of princess stalkers.
>>
>>95276178
All I know is that Jayce had the best theme song by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqL_SO2thsE
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.