[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed an odd phenomenon with people my age(22). Most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (134KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 1280x960px
I've noticed an odd phenomenon with people my age(22). Most people in my graduating class(2013) relate to Ben 10(2005, mostly the first 2 seasons), Avatar the last airbender, and American dragon: jake long with our childhoods, albeit our late childhoods.

But shows like Chowder, Flapjack, and Back to the Barnyard, which came out just a mere 1-2 years later, people my age see as 'garbage' or something that was not for us, but for the graduating classes a few years younger than us.

It seems like anything that debuted in the 2005-2006 school year was the last to have an impact on our childhoods, while anything that debuted after that school year was not part of people my age's childhoods what so ever.
>>
>>95260620
It's shit taste and a lack of interest in cartoons.
>>
>>95260620
I consider Chowder probably the last good show on CN. Original Ben 10 was dope as well.
>>
>>95261282
and how old were you when it premiered?
>>
>>95261469
10 years old, I think. Fuck, the time really flies, doesn't it?
>>
that's because other people grew up you knob
>>
>>95260620
I'm 28, and I also liked Avatar and American dragon more than I did Flapjack and Chowder. Avatar was mostly adventure with some lame humor. American Dragon was 50/50, afaik. Chowder was mostly comedy, and Flapjack was comedy/grossout.
>>
>>95260620
I was in my 20s for these. Always enjoyed flapjack. Chowder took some getting used to. I didn't like the method used to color and texture things at first. To this day I catch myself responding to people with "rabba".

However as much of a comics and cartoons fag I was in my teen years there was a transition period where newer shows just did not appeal to me. I couldn't see the charm of any new stuff slanted toward kids. I pretty much moved over to anime for a period of time.
>>
>>95260620
Maybe it's because both Flapjack and Chowder are actually garbage? Flapjack is disgusting and Chowder is bland and gets boring fast.
>>
>>95262145
Flapjack was disgusting sometimes for humor obviously. You're a pussy if you actually got disgusted though
>>
>>95262531
That's not humor, it's just disgusting shit made by sick people
>>
21 now and flapjack and chowder were probably my favorite shows in CN. Rewatching chowder and man is it fun.
>>
>>95262638
>t.i only watch steven universe and family-friendly youtubers
>>
>>95263279
no and no
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.