[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You've set the table. The polished forks and spoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

>You've set the table. The polished forks and spoons are on the appropriate sides of the fine china. Napkins folded into animal shapes rest upon the draped table. An exquisite dinner of lemon chicken, rice pilaf and broccoli wait in the kitchen to be served. Your date arrives. The candles blow out, flying forks pierce the walls, and the chicken shatters the window. The date is going exactly as you'd hoped.
>>
Irma's a grandma's name.
>>
>>95259110
Old lady names are cute
>>
>>95259110
Your grandma is pretty tough
>>
>>95259079
that alt text got to me
>>
Do anthropomorphized hurricane/typhoon characters exist? Like hurricane-tans?
>>
>>95259110
>Not likings the GMILFS.
>>
File: e81deb07aa5d39c3b020b6921763b2dc.png (424KB, 1350x1244px) Image search: [Google]
e81deb07aa5d39c3b020b6921763b2dc.png
424KB, 1350x1244px
>>95259176
>>
>>95259110
hey, old ladies know their way around a dick.
>>
>>95259335
Oh hey, I recognise that art, that's Ridiculouscake, right?
>>
File: hurricane.jpg (35KB, 540x542px) Image search: [Google]
hurricane.jpg
35KB, 540x542px
>>95259335
>>
File: uuuaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAGH.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
uuuaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAGH.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>95259335
>...and the eye walls are going to be a fifty mile wide tornado for the first twelve hours until it weakens
>fifty mile wide tornado that lasts for twelve hours
I don't care how hot the art is, as a Midwesterner this is fucking terrifying to read.
>>
>>95259727
Well, an F1 tornado, but yeah.
>>
File: moe_typhon.jpg (97KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
moe_typhon.jpg
97KB, 768x1024px
>>95259176
>>
>>95259079
This man is a hero and yet is treated like a villain. Madness.
>>
>>95259176
There's always elementals.
>>
Actually, by now it's probably weakened enough to be an F0-equivalent on the tornado scale at its strongest point. And it's trending away to the west which means Ronnie's only going to be hit with some heavy winds, some rain, but nothing worth panicking over. (unless the internet access goes out)
>>
File: 64517132_p0.jpg (862KB, 1169x1654px) Image search: [Google]
64517132_p0.jpg
862KB, 1169x1654px
>>
>>95259795
Granted. But tornados for us are basically God popping out from a particularly ornery rain cloud and shouting OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA TRAILER PARKS AT before flattening a small community. And all of this in MAYBE an hour. Hurricane-prone areas get days, or maybe a week. If you're occupied or otherwise incapacitated, you wouldn't know it until it's barreling down your block, WITH THE BLOCK IN TOW. No boarding up the windows and taking out insurance. No packing bags. No time to run. Just time enough to panic and scramble your family to the basement once you hear the sirens in town.
>>
>>95259978
I've always wondered this as an English anon.

Why not build houses out of things more that plywood and paper?
>>
File: what the fuck.png (30KB, 200x173px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
30KB, 200x173px
>>95259942
What kind of weeaboo doesn't have terabytes of locally stored anime?
>>
>>95260235
They actually DID start building sturdier houses after Andrew, that's why Florida Keys and Marco Island aren't completely fucked despite being hit quite hard.
The main problem is that you can't build concentration cam- I mean mobile homes out of brick, and Americans fucking love those for some inexplicable reason.
>>
>>95260235
Tornados are strong enough to tear down concrete housing. There isn't much to do. They're a true destructive force.

Your only bet is to be under a certain amount of sea level where they can't touch down at.

You ain't building much a tornado can't ravage.
>>
>>95260313
But that's untrue.

Brick and Mortar houses can survive all but the largest tornado and Hurricanes.

Or are you forgetting England has gale force winds of Hurricane strength pretty regularly.

Like historically, our worst problems with a Hurricane is flooding, not Wind Damage.
>>
>>95260235
Because that would be expensive and the people that live in tornado/hurricane areas tend to be poor and inbred.
>>
>the hurricane was a nothingburger
what a letdown
>>
>>95260341
There is a big difference in building strength required to withstand hurricane-strength winds and tornadoes. If a brick house is hit directly by a big tornado, the walls might be left standing, but there won't be much of anything else left. But tornadoes are only destructive in a fairly narrow band, so the idea is essentially that it's cheaper to evacuate and let them wreck shit than to build every house in the country to be tornado-proof.
>>
>>95260341
Hurricanes are one thing, but tornadoes pull stuff up, so unless you've driven anchors deep into the ground, doesn't really matter what your house is built off.
>>
>>95259942
>streaming anime
when will they learn?
>>
>>95260393
>unless you've driven anchors deep into the ground
That's called the basement. Unless the tornado is strong enough to rip apart 2 dm thick concrete walls, your house is going to stay nice and grounded.
>>
>>95259079
Agrias is going to have a nervous breakdown arc soon, right?
>>
File: o_DSC01956-Panorama[1].jpg (198KB, 980x453px) Image search: [Google]
o_DSC01956-Panorama[1].jpg
198KB, 980x453px
>>95260298
Why doesn't St. Petersburg, FL just put a huge anti flooding wall in the sea like the other St. Petersburg did?
>>
>>95260313
Try telling that to a German.
Sure, it'll cost a bit extra, but off the top of my head there are a few simple solutions.
It's probably easiest to build a "hobbit home". Whole thing is a concrete shell slightly sunk into the ground with earthen ramparts on all sides and some gardening up top. Windows would be using two sets of shutters. One normal set of rolling shutters to keep out normal weather, and a set of metal shutters that go at the same angle as the ramparts.
Best on a slight elevation with efficient drainage so you won't go under in heavy rain. At leisure add bunker rooms underneath with water-tight bulkheads.
Alternatively you can have a conventional house of brick and mortar with concrete components and elevated ramparts around it. I suggest a small herd of sheep to graze on said ramparts to keep the grass low and solidify the ground.
Trees are not advised as they would be a hazard to yourself.
>>
>>
>>95259825
Neat
>>
>>95260556
I don't think a hobbit home is possible in coastal Florida where the ground gets saturated with rainwater so easily.
>in-situ reinforced concrete shell, full water insulation because it's sunk into swampland/wet sand
>watertight shutters and garage doors, water pumps to keep rainwater out
>"costs a bit extra"
>>
>>95260313
>strong enough to tear down concrete housing

lol no, what the hell are you saying.
Brick and mortar yes, they could, but not concrete.
>>
>>95259176
CJ from Regular Show kinda
>>
>>95260484
because they would have to increase taxes for a few years to pay for it.
>>
>>95260249
the kinda that's up to date on ALL of the anime and only watches the new stuff as it comes out, ronnie has that kind of time.
>>
>>95260484
Because that one cost almost $4 billion and took 33 years to finish.
>>
>>95260664
I don't know much about house construction; do Floridian houses just not have cellars then?
>>
>>95260298
Because they are cheap, and in rural areas people don't build apartment complexes.
>>
>>95260739
In coastal areas generally no. The ground gets completely saturated with water during heavy rains, so you need very serious waterproofing to prevent leaks and concrete degradation. It's easier to put a solid concrete foundation at or slightly above ground level.
>>
>>95260754
Not only in rural areas, I've seen mobile home lots a few hundred feet away from $5M mansions.
>>
>>95260235
Cheaper to build crappy houses and let the government disaster fund pay for you to build more crappy houses after each hurricane. It's what keeps the Florida economy going. Florida has had a sustained building crash in 2008 after all the houses destroyed in the 2005 were finally rebuilt.

Southern Republicans know that Northern Democrat bleeding hearts will never vote against disaster relief funds, even though those same Republicans refuse to approve spending even a penny to help out the North when disasters hit Democratic areas.
>>
>>95260384
thats what you get for believing in science
>>
>>95260456
agrias actually killed herself long ago, this is just a projection from Ronnie's psychosis over the guilt for her suicide
>>
>>95259978
Hurricane-prone areas tend to be too close to sea-level to have basements.
>>
>>95260452
Yes, let's build basements in flood prone hurricane areas. What could go wrong there?
>>
>>95260556
You pretty much need pumps 24/7 along with something to take the humidity out of your ventilation and also to keep the whole building from sweating constantly. Mold sets in quick when the outdoors are always warm and the humidity is always 80-99%.
>>
>>95260739
Nope, nothing right on the coast or with a high water table does. On the bright side, I only need to dig a few feet to reach water.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.