[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://twitter.com/Kevfeige/status /902238077426343936 Whe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: kevin-feige.jpg (200KB, 1300x1051px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-feige.jpg
200KB, 1300x1051px
https://twitter.com/Kevfeige/status/902238077426343936

When the movies revere Kirby more than the actual comic division.
>>
>>95241491
Both the MCU and DC Comics were doing things for Kirby's 100th anniversary to the point that some normies actually became aware of who he was.

Marvel Comics just did those shitty variants and called it a day.
>>
>>95241491
Thor Ragnarok is literally Jack Kirby: The Movie.
>>
I haven't been excited for a superhero movie in about 3 years but I'm looking forward to this one. The choice of director got me interested and the Kirby stuff is always good to see.
>>
>>95241491
They also thanked Abnett and Lanning in the GotG vol 2.

Goddamn that must of been awkward.
>>
It's a "love letter" to Kirby that isn't based on any of his stories, shoehorns in the Hulk (a mostly Stan Lee character) and a Hulk storyline from the mid-00's, is based more on stories from the Simonson era and made Thor look about as far from Kirby's design as physically possible.

But there are some armor designs that look vaguely Kirby-esque so it's totally a "love letter" just to him.

Somebody please call me when we get even one Kirby panel or splash page on the big screen and not this stupid "look it's got some weird lines on it therefore it's a Kirby design" shit, because until then I'm going to ignore all the massive amounts of smoke being blown up Kirby's dead ass.
>>
>>95241491
Personally, for me, I enjoy when I get love letters that get everything I ever did wrong.

Thanks, Feige.
>>
>>95242482
In its tone and spectacle it is Kirbyesque.

Movies adapt from multiple sources so it can't be a literal Kirby adaptation.
>>
>>95242974
I'll believe that when I see it. It looks like it has the same jokey action comedy tone of GotG and Avengers, which is not Kirby-esque.

Nothing in the trailers echoes anything Kirby has ever written. Not visually, not in terms of story, not in terms of dialogue.
>>
>>95243115
It has Kirby artwork in the Grandmaster's viewing room in the coliseum.
>>
If they wanted to do something to celebrate Jack Kirby they could easily do a self contained devil dinosaur movie. It would be hard to fuck it up.
>>
>>95243115
>>95243453
https://fsmedia.imgix.net/32/24/03/69/2a53/4127/9819/a66cfb6ebd91/the-grandmaster-jeff-goldblum-and-loki-tom-hiddleston-watching-the-upcoming-gladiator-battle-betgif.gif

The mural in the back ground is kirby art.
>>
>>95242974
>In its tone and spectacle it is Kirbyesque.

>"I know him from work" and Loki buddy bullshit

Sure thing, Kevin.
>>
>>95243453
>>95243576
OK, and? They blew up a splash page into a mural? It would be cool if the environment itself looked like that instead of just as an easter egg painted onto a backdrop.
>>
>>95241491
New Gods was meh.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.