[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arent the batarangs far too deadly of a weapon for batman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1505024713165.jpg (24KB, 930x474px) Image search: [Google]
1505024713165.jpg
24KB, 930x474px
Arent the batarangs far too deadly of a weapon for batman?

One of the things I really liked about the nolan movies is that the batarangs looked fairly small and resembled actual shurikens, meaning that its unlikely for them to kill even if batman decides to throw a few towards a human. Now imagine pic related sinking into your eye or artery
>>
The thing about batarangs, like everything involving the character, is that they range from "ow my hand" to "military-grade explosives" with very little distinction visually, and he never uses the wrong one accidentally.

So it's best just not to think about it too hard. Really, he should probably just have a traq gun built into his gauntlet and act like a non-lethal version of Deadshot
>>
>>95235294
It's the DC universe, where everybody is covered in a very thin layer of plot armor at all times. So no worries. Except when Zack Snyder gets ahold of you.
>>
>>95235294
I'm not sure if you noticed but it doesn't seem DCEU Batman much cares what his equipment does to his targets.
>>
>>95235294
Go for the obvious one, it's a movie so the larger batarang goes for a strong visual. You've also fairly well established that Batman relies on the psychological as well as physical effect when regards to his weapons, so one of those imbedding in a wall next to your head could end a fight before it even starts. Also in this scene Bat's all but assumed that his target was fast enough to easily move aside or catch a thrown object so he would have thrown it as much to impress as to test the flash.
>>
>>95235322
>Really, he should probably just have a traq gun built into his gauntlet and act like a non-lethal version of Deadshot

Really, a tranq gun ranges from "not working at all" to "he's dead jim" because the dosage varies from person to person based on things like height and weight. It also doesn't factor in possibilities of allergies to whatever chemicals are in the sedative.
>>
>>95235322
Tranquilizers are pretty dangerous. They need to be precisely mixed for the weight of the person. Anything less doesn't knock them out, anything more kills them. Safely knocking people out with flying bits of metal is just as ridiculous.
>>
I think Miller started the sharp Batarangs. Like real boomerangs they were usually blunt and only inflicted bruises and bumps at best
>>
>>95235707

I think so long as emergency response is decent it's fine either way. If some dude gets a concussion from a larger batarang so long he gets first aid he'll probably be fine. A tranquilizer is risky but provided you can find a decent median dose and get them to an ambulance in like ten minutes it'll probably be fine unless he somehow shoots a manlet with something meant to bring down Bane(and not DKR Bane, who is also a manlet).

We have to assume Batman has a way of contacting the authorities to get someone to actually make the arrest and get an ambulance out to deal with injuries. If he's going to handle multiple cases a night he can't just wait around for an hour after he's restrained every mugger.

Though first aid training is probably a mundane and easy to justify thing for Bruce Wayne to get, and basic supplies of good quality are easy to justify on a utility belt. You can probably throw more advanced gear in the Batmobile's trunk and not add much extra weight or take up much space.

If Bruce has a real "oh shit I fucked up" moment it'd need to be REALLY fucking bad for the guy to actually die from it.
>>
>>95235346
>DCEU Batman much cares what his equipment does to his targets.
This. Why isn't there more discussion about snyder giving us murder-bat? He mows people down with machine guns and I don't see the edgy teenagers cheering and I don't see the Batfags throwing a hissy fit.
What gives?
>>
>>95235867

There definitely were people mad. Maybe not online, but I personally had plently of people around me mad.

I'm not really mad about it. It's an interpretation and the reasoning is explained well enough for me to go, "oh, I get it. He had a different experience than the one in the comics so his ethics are different."
>>
>>95235707
>Safely knocking people out with flying bits of metal is just as ridiculous.

As is beating mooks unconscious, i.e. giving them brain damage and broken bones, internal bleeding, etc.
>>
>>95235726
Real boomerangs, as in the ones which don't come back can break bones mate. They would straight up cripple the animal they whacked. Well except the smaller stuff which just gets crushed by a big chunk of wood smashing into them.
>>
>>95235867
people liked snyder movies
>>
File: uhhhh.gif (2MB, 316x213px)
uhhhh.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>95237080

how can i tell you this. Yeah, some maybe..
>>
>>95236912
I think about this just as much as op's.
Playing the Arkham games, every time I saw a guy land badly on the concrete I couldn't help thinking it's a miracle he can still be checked to have a functioning heart beat every time.

But eh, video games and comics
>>
File: 650-19-20.jpg (2MB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
650-19-20.jpg
2MB, 1988x1528px
They're only deadly if you threaten Bats' one true love.
>>
>>95235675
>>95235707
He's batman, he always know the needed dose and has always the perfect needle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.