[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Walt was alive today, would he be proud with his company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Walt_Disney_1946.jpg (21KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
Walt_Disney_1946.jpg
21KB, 220x330px
If Walt was alive today, would he be proud with his company or sad about it?
>>
>>95223699
Spinning in his grave
>>
What would he think of the disney vault?
>>
-he only cares about money meme-
>>
>>95223699
>I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.
lmao what a fucking faggot
>>
He probably would be amazed by the animation techniques and how his animation studio became one of the biggest corporate monsters, then he would berate everybody for not using their resources to build an autonomous sky city
>>
He would be pleased by how big is the industry but disappointed at how they left 2d animation behind.
>>
>>95225224
I think he would have definitely wanted to push new barriers, though not killing 2d entirely
>>
>>95223699
He would be against some practices and the state of the parks, and amazed at the progress animation has made and would probably start pushing for more 2d films using new technology. Overall mixed.
>>
Walt being an anti-semite seems like a meme to me. He donated to Jewish charities, allowed Jews to hold influential positions in his studio, and was named "1955 Man of the Year" by the B'nai B'rith chapter in Beverly Hills. Yes, he included Jew caricatures in his cartoons, but everyone did that back then, it was a different time.
>>
>>95223959
>anime was based off of Disney cartoons
>Walt Disney indirectly invented anime
>anime was a mistake
>>
>>95223699
Walt hated his company long before he died, he hated the there was a union, and literally went to Congress weekly to get the union heads convicted of treason for being communists.

So saying this>>95225224 is fucking retarded.
>>
>>95223699
He's a Nazi Jew with a huge ego.

He would be proud that Disney is a world-controlling megacorp with fingers in every industry on the planet.

He would be proud that they managed to unfreeze him to cure him and give him back control of the company.

>>95225593
The anti-Semitism came from when he did the anti-Semitism propaganda in his earlier days.
>>
>>95223699
quality wise no
money wise yes.
>>
>>95223699
I think he would be concerned with the creative direction, but generally pleased with the overall success.
>>
>>95223699
Walt appreciated originality, Disney does not
>>
>>95223719
...with a force that could supply the entirety of Disneylands with electricity, all over the globe, simultaneously.
>>
>>95225845
The Hollywood unions are notoriously corrupt and pretty much rackets that force you to pay them to be able to work in a dying industry. Good healthcare though.

I say this as a former 44 member
>>
>>95225823
>anime led to hentai
>which led to Disney Princess hentai
Truly Walt Disney unwittingly left the world a more degenerate place.
>>
>>95226737
This. Though as a businessman, he might appreciate how easy it is to crank out shit and make tons of money.
>>
>>95223699
He would be pissed by the fact that the parks are not a main focus anymore.
>>
>>95224052
Walt would hate the vault.
>>
At the end of his life, Walt had moved on from animation. He never stopped loving it, but he was more in love with the parks. Even beyond that, Walt was obsessed with pulling humanity towards the future promised by the 1939 World's Fair. He was a good businessman for sure, but more than anything he was a dreamer and an optimist.

He would be impressed with modern animation techniques, but he would be disappointed at Disney's lack of ambition in the world at large. Walt did not want to be rich just to be rich. He repeatedly shoved the company towards the edge of bankruptcy multiple times just to feed his ambitions, and I'm glad he did so. Sleeping Beauty cost the company nearly everything but it's still one of the most ambitious and technically impressive animations ever made.

I wish he lived longer, or inspired a worthy successor. People imagine Walt as an Osamu Tezuka, but he's more of an Elon Musk.
>>
>>95229699
This, Disney literally could fund space colonization with all it's money and I assure you if Walt was in charge he'd build a goddamn Disney park on the moon.
>>
I think his biggest disappointment would have been that they didn't see through his dream for Epcot. Instead of becoming the test utopian city of tomorrow, it became just another theme park/resort.
>>
>>95225593
I came here to post "inb4 anti-semite" but it would seem I am too late.
>>
File: wd.jpg (25KB, 289x234px) Image search: [Google]
wd.jpg
25KB, 289x234px
>>95229699
That's why Disney is so great, though. He just wanted the best shit that was possible, and money was just a means to achieve it.
Ambition with no big game is sad. Big game with no ambition is even sadder. The guy who wants to achieve absolutely everything is the real master. Most people don't seem to comprehend what they could do if they really were determined to do so. The earliest Disney shorts were made by like 3 people 85 years ago. Anyone on this board could start an animation project if they honestly wanted to. Someone with that mindset would be a true worthy successor to Disney.
>>
>>95229699
>>95231729

Yes so much. Walt would have pushed to have tomorrowland be constantly updated. Showing people the latest technology. Showing them how a modern home, car, life, ect. could be. I could see him opening more tomorrowland parks. It would have been part of an education process, For people to actively and easily become aware of current science and the future. Exposing children to these ideas in ways they can grasp and grow with would have been the goal.

Also, I think he'd have hated the tomorrowland movie.
>>
>>95232076
>I think he'd have hated the tomorrowland movie

I think every rational person does. They had the perfect movie in the damn movie. Every flashback should have actually been the movie. A story about George Clooney's character as a child and his robot waifu stopping corporate greed from ruining futurism would have been much more charming.

Instead we got THE WORLD IS SHIT AND GOING TO FUCKING END UNLESS WE BECOME BETTER... also George Clooney is gonna be kind of creepy with this little girl robot waifu.
>>
>>95232946

directors of animation shoudnt try live action.

other way around is much better
>>
>>95229977
And the worst Disney park at that
>>
Didn't the guy want to make more serious films near the end of his life, rather than the family friendly stuff Disne's become known for?

I wonder what he'd think of the formulaic way Disney films have become.
I mean i like em but you can tell they' realy on certain beats and the same archatypes.
>>
>>95234365

that formula was copied from Pixar.
>>
>>95223699
In the timeline of interracial relationships and LGBT? nah
>>
>>95229699
honestly I'm kinda amazed when you do some digging at just how many Renaissance Men we have had during the 20th Century in the entertainment industry, with Walt as perhaps the most important of them all, also;

>I wish he lived longer, or inspired a worthy successor.
we almost had Jim Henson become the next Walt, but then he died of a disease he shouldn't have at way too young of an age

>>95229977
>I think his biggest disappointment would have been that they didn't see through his dream for Epcot. Instead of becoming the test utopian city of tomorrow, it became just another theme park/resort.
at the same time he probably would have been understanding about why it didn't happen, Walt was big on second chances if the reason for the screw up was a good one(and/or he thought the person/people had potential/importance to the company)

>>95234365
>Didn't the guy want to make more serious films near the end of his life, rather than the family friendly stuff Disne's become known for?
>I wonder what he'd think of the formulaic way Disney films have become.
>I mean i like em but you can tell they' realy on certain beats and the same archatypes.
it's actually a lot more complicated than that, Walt loved the family friendly stuff(when someone once complained about his movies being corny he responded back that he and indeed most of his audience liked corn), but at the same time he recognized that his movies had become a touch too safe, and was frustrated at how some of his attempts at more mature movies backfired(one movie from the early 60's had a scene involving a Parisian prostitute based on an encounter Walt had when he was in Paris after WW1 as part of the ambulance corp, and he got into a bit of hot water over it), so he probably would have liked the first 3 Pirates movies for achieving some of what he himself had wanted to make
>>
>>95223699
he would probably be happy about the financial success. Then he will ask why they aren't using that money to push the animated boundaries.
>>
File: 1504956282030.png (80KB, 339x355px) Image search: [Google]
1504956282030.png
80KB, 339x355px
>>95229699
Haha, that's also why I love it; I'll never know that feel.
>>
>>95223959
Unironically this, Miyazaki was voicing the opinion of basically every oldfag in the industry in that interview. I seriously doubt Walt's point of view would be any different.
>>
>>95236081
>he would probably be happy about the financial success. Then he will ask why they aren't using that money to push the animated boundaries.
He would likely be mad when told that they deliberately fired the entire hand drawn department. I still remember the long threads from Disney Employees on the week that it happened. According to those who were there, they were told "convert to CGI art or quit".
>>
>>95223699
proud of its success, sad about the shit it puts out and the jewish infiltration of his company
>>
>>95236547
when was that?

also, didnt it actually happen, with Disney Toons? (John fired their workers and thy were scooped by Dreamworks who taught them CGI anyway),
>>
>>95224702
Probably this. Impressed at the corporate juggernaut it's become and disappointed with how little has been done with all that power.
>>
>>95237400
>when was that?
April 11th, 2013 was when they had major layoffs.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/breaking-disney-just-gutted-their-hand-drawn-animation-division-81043.html

And 6th of March 2013, at a shareholder's meeting, is where Disney officially announced that they are not interested in hand-drawn animation anymore.
>"To my knowledge we're not developing a 2D or hand-drawn feature animated film right now," said Iger. "There is a fair amount of activity going on in hand-drawn animation but it's largely for television at this point. We're not necessarily ruling out the possibility [of] a feature but there isn't any in development at the company at the moment."
>>
>>95238068
Source for the quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/mar/07/disney-hand-drawn-animation
>>
>>95238068
>>95238080
so we're in dark age of perfected CGI sequels.

for good.
>>
>>95234236
But that's California Adventure or either of the two Studios parks.
>>
File: disney gotg.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
disney gotg.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
walt loved groot
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.