[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Xavier: Renegade Angel? I just started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18

File: xavier.jpg (62KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
xavier.jpg
62KB, 400x300px
What does /co/ think of Xavier: Renegade Angel?

I just started actually watching it and I have to admit, I'm hooked. It feels like my brain is having a heart attack.
>>
I watch it when I drift off to sleep. The transitions between this and what I see in my dreams give me some sort of 11 minute high.

Completely worth the splitting headache.
>>
/co/ likes it
It's just that now that /tv/, KYM, and Reddit are now aware of the show, people are more hesitant to admit it
>>
>>95216730
I dunno. I'm absolutely enjoying it so far.

As soon as I heard the AIDS thing ("I need some of that disease you guys invented") I was stuck on it. This is actually pretty damn funny, despite the batshit insanity.

Not sure I could binge this though. Something would melt in my head.
>>
>>95216730

Is that why it's been posted every weekend lately? What dragged it up out of obscurity for them to latch on to?
>>
Love it. One of my favorite shows.

Anyone know anything else that's similar? I've seen all the episodes of Xavier multiple times so I kind of want to watch a different acid trip show. 20 oz. Mouse doesn't quite scratch the same itch. I watched the movie Holy Mountain a while ago and I really dug that. I liked the new Twin Peaks a lot but now that's over.
>>
File: badmeme.jpg (120KB, 1337x702px) Image search: [Google]
badmeme.jpg
120KB, 1337x702px
>>95216813
Not sure about anyone else, but I found it after I saw this and asked "What the fuck is that second one?" I'd assume I'm not the only one.

Either way, I'm glad I did. This is hilarious. I think the phrase "You need a 'tude colonic" is stuck in my head now.
>>
it's very fun
i'm afraid that the r&m stoners will get to it though
>>
Does anyone know how to get to the lake?
>>
>>95216813
This >>95216957
This single image is what propelled its popularity
>>
>>95216957
is this the power of memes

XRA 3rd season when
>>
>>95216640
Bring him onto the /co/ roster for autumn
>>
>>95216640
I have no beef. I'm woefully beefless.
>>
>>95216640
surprisingly good
I thought it would just be random stoner humor, but the show is pretty great
>>
>>95217038
Yeah, that's what I initially thought too! I started watching it and thought it would be "lmao, random" humor.

Then it shocked the fuck out of me by being really good. I get punched in the dick with a joke every five seconds.
>>
File: xavier.gif (2MB, 350x193px) Image search: [Google]
xavier.gif
2MB, 350x193px
plebs will call it nonsense
pseudo-intellectuals will call it brilliant
smart people will realize it's mostly word play
the ascended will taste the pain
>>
>>95217087
Yeah, the wordplay is what's getting to me. Some of the visual gags are good too, though, despite the acid-trip CGI. It's like someone stole the Jimmy Neutron art team and loaded them up with mescaline.
>>
>>95216817
while the movie isn't really good at all "Where the dead go to die" reminded me heavily of XRA when it aimed to be funny. Some part of me likes some of it for the animation and surrealism but it just tries too hard to be offensive and shocking.
>>
>>95216966
This insolent microbillionaire is cruising for a bruising, crawling for a brawling, achin' for a spiritual awakenin'!
>>
I have some bad news and a snack for you
>>
>>95216817
The Heart, She Holler is the same writers but it's live action. Pretty much XRA meets Twin Peaks.
>>
File: msobqyc.jpg (57KB, 697x466px) Image search: [Google]
msobqyc.jpg
57KB, 697x466px
>>95216957
It's true... It's all true. The meme was right.
>>
>>95216640
Fucking awful
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA
Post best lines
>>
>>95217719
>i'm going to break you down using navajo mysticism or cherokee fisticism
>we don't *textile* to freaks around here
>this entire fucking scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
>>
>>95217556
We don't cotton to freaks like you 'round here.
>>
File: 1504897370698.jpg (14KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
1504897370698.jpg
14KB, 245x206px
>>95217952
>Hey, say what you want about me, but lay off the soup.
>>
>>95216640
I expected it to be just a bad show used as a meme, but it's actually good. I'm an huge fan of the "cheap" animation. It really increases the quality of the humour, like in Inferno Cop.
>>
>>95217220
That joke killed me.
>>
>>95216640
Dang OP, you really love starting the same thread over and over and over and over and over again.
>>
With it's recent popularity, I hope it gets revived.

The show looks like it could be made in fucking gmod so it wouldn't be hard, they could make it for nothing.
>>
>>95218580
Popularity is a strong word, it's only big here
>>
>>95216640
OP stop it.

Stop fucking force memeing this series.

CN will being back Assy McGee before it brings your shitty show back.

parsley ____ rosemary & thyme
>>
File: cf1.jpg (85KB, 585x700px) Image search: [Google]
cf1.jpg
85KB, 585x700px
>>95218466
I'm just happy to see someone watched Inferno Cop
>>
>>95218631
The youtube video views have spiked in the past few weeks, [AS] have brought back lesser shows.
>>
>>95217719
>Looks like someone is cruisin' for a bruisin'
>Crawlin' for a brawlin'
>Achin' for a spiritual awakenin'
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70VWPNb60rg

This is objectively the best episode.
>>
>>95216957
Funny how the right image completely misses the point of the show and instead treats it as something serious and didactic.
>>
>>95217087
>smart people will realize it's mostly word play
literal pseudo-intellectual
>>
>>95218945
>Rape isn't an excuse, it's a reason
>And tonight feels so reasonable
It can't be the best when it's all gold
>>
File: feminist xavier.jpg (655KB, 1144x3323px) Image search: [Google]
feminist xavier.jpg
655KB, 1144x3323px
>>95216640
He is a fucking riot
>>
>>95218580
I do hope it gets revived.

And when it does, I hope it sucks.
>>
File: rambling on.jpg (101KB, 1190x680px) Image search: [Google]
rambling on.jpg
101KB, 1190x680px
>>95216640
Sequel with the little girl when?
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20110614041832/http://i.cdn.turner.com/adultswim/promos/xaviercontest/tools/media/contestmodels.zip

what's up idiots here's the xavier 3d models from that old contest

3d models

send them to everyone and maybe someone will animate a new episode and make this retched world a little better
>>
Rick and Morty for people who think they're too good/smart for Rick and Morty.
>>
>>95219138
this
>>
>>95217952
>[YouTube] . (embed)
what episode is this from?
>>
>>95219241
rick and morty is like if dilbert and family guy had a promnight preemie
>>
>>95219241
people like >>95217087 prove you right
>>
>>95219241
this is probably bait but the show is in no way similar to rick and morty
>>95219274
Shakashuri Blowdown
>>
>>95219005
That's literally the point of the meme.
>>
>>95218945
Literal kino
>>
>>95218519
Must be thinking of a different guy. Or maybe a bunch of people are discovering it, like me, and flocking here to ask the same question. I don't really read /co/ frequently enough to notice trends, sorry man
>>
File: xavier.jpg (59KB, 455x702px) Image search: [Google]
xavier.jpg
59KB, 455x702px
>>95219219
it's just the model, no animation skeleton, and I don't care enough to make one
>>
>>95219241
What is Rick and Morty for people who think they're too good/smart for Xavier?
>>
>>95221350

this is what maximum effay looks like
>>
>>95221417
rick and morty
>>
TAKE THAT
>>
>>95216640

I come here only for comics. Live in a third world country, and for many years have only watched tv for News Channels.
I watched this a couple of weeks ago because the meme-forcing made me curious, and I enjoyed it a lot, although I think the quality drops after the first 5 episodes.
The reason I like it is the script and puns are brilliant.
>>
So, is Xavier black?
>>
>>95222224
>wa-how, im cured
>>
File: 26515.png (236KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
26515.png
236KB, 640x368px
>>95222224
>>
>>95222224

If anything he's probably the only native american protagonist anywhere.
>>
It's the highest level of writing ever achieved in comedy. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
>>
>>95221350
the max file has one, someone converted the rigging to a general skeleton since it uses some max features

here's xavier's model in dae format with a basic skeleton

http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/TDvemOzW/file.html
>>
>Love the earth like you love your mother
>Yes, kiss the earth,kiss your mother
>Harder, she wants it harder
>>
I do not get the humor in this show at all, and it looks like hot garbage. The fact that this show is even a thing on this board makes me seriously question y'all's taste in shows, even more than Miraculous Ladybug did.
>>
>And now, i ramble forth on my endless journey to be the best AIDS-Spreader of all time
>>
File: Ayyyyyyyy.png (505KB, 670x690px) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyyyyyy.png
505KB, 670x690px
>You misspelled rose Darky
>But im here, to make things white again
This is actually my favorite joke in the whole series
>>
I watched it for the first time very recently and I love it.

Can I ask why it keeps getting compared to Rick & Morty though? I don't see even the slightest similarity between those two shows.
>>
File: smart boy drink.jpg (81KB, 340x511px) Image search: [Google]
smart boy drink.jpg
81KB, 340x511px
>>95222781
>y'all's
just another spec in the chasm that is shit tumblrfags can't comprehend
>>
>>95223010
The clever writing and joke comparisons
>>
>>95223010

Rick and Morty is considered to be a philosophical or "smart" adult cartoon, but ends up being neither of these things in comparison to a CGI show about a Satan.
>>
>>95219005
That was the point of the original meme as well, making fun of both the virgins and the chads, but as always, the autists that run rampant on 4chan took it literally. It's the "BvS was kino" thing all over again.
>>
>>95222781
Explaining the joke generally kills it, but I'm gonna give it a shot, damnit.

A lot of the humor in this show is based around wordplay. Obviously, the animation is hot shit, but that's kinda intentional -- I'm of the opinion it's meant to add a layer of unadulterated cheese to the show.

Basically the humor is found in the way things are phrased, and in the context, and in the fact that you have absolutely no fucking clue what will happen next at ANY point in the show. It's actually kind of refreshing to be totally in the dark-- even if it makes no sense.

It's def not for everyone, but I'm having fun with it.
>>
>>95216730
I find the alt-righters who think Rick and Morty sold out to feminists and Jews who flock to this show because of the way it irreverently shits all over non-white religions and casually uses a lot of racism and sexism much more annoying than anyone from those groups.
>>
File: kek.png (143KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
143KB, 1017x765px
"I just did a solid in the creek, everyone!"
>>
THOSE DOGS WERE DECORATED

LOOK AROUND THIS PLACE

WHAT HAVE YOU DECORATED?!
>>
>>95223692
>muh /pol/ bogeyman

Get a new hobby, Colbert
>>
File: xavier_pose.jpg (70KB, 492x712px) Image search: [Google]
xavier_pose.jpg
70KB, 492x712px
>>95222684
That basic skeleton conversion isn't too useful. I'll have to look at the original max stuff later. I only have maya installed here right now.
>>
>>95217084
Xavier's strength is that it manages to be a mindfucking mess while actually having witty jokes and solid humor
>>
>>95217556
We don't cotton to nihilists like you around these parts
Scram, reddittor
>>
>>95216640
I don't understand the recent obssession with this show. I watched the first episode and it's typical random [adult swim] humor, which is mostly hit or miss like most of their shows from that era. Sure, it might have a bit more hit than misses than other shows, but it's not genius either.
>>
>>95224703
>>95216957 is why.
>>
File: Nuclear blast.webm (514KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear blast.webm
514KB, 1280x720px
>>95224703
Yeah, but in Xavier's case, all the ordinance is nuclear, so when it hits, it kills, at least for me
>>
What could distract people who love SPORTS?
>>
The pride I feel for finally fingering my father's killer is dampened only by the fact that I promised to kill my father's killer. I fingered myself. To death.
>>
>We can't abort it this late in the pregnancy, the most we can do is torture it a bit.
>Lets try that!
>>
>monks become lazy
>get a mexican accent
>use mini tornadoes to pick cottons
>call them wiggers
>>
Even the Bibles are ribbed! For whose pleasure?!
>>
>>95217952
>You couldn't seek your way out of a cardboard bag
>Yeah, I know, 'cause it would be an Egg
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS¿!¿
>>
>the opposite of global warming
>MOONULAR FREEZING

I don't know why this made me chuckle like an idiot during dinner
>>
>>95216813
for some fucking reasons couple of the episodes got recommended to me from watching bojack clips, i remember watching it when i was younger and i was absolutely disgusted and appauled by it when i wanted to watch robot chicken but adult swim would air fucking tim and eric and xavier

i recently decided to actually sit down and go through some of the episodes and found it rather funny. i saw the quetzacoalt bit on youtube and found the pre-4chan use of the word "cuckhold" rather funny and that was what really convinced me. i havent gone through most of the episodes, but i just play the same 2 on repeat as i do work, the episode where he wears a guy's face and pretends to be normal and the one where he has to glimpse into his soul, and also the one where the lotion town got converted to muslims.

its actually interesting how some of the jokes were rather ahead of its time and clever in such a fucked up and crude show
>>
>>95219005
funny how you completely miss the point of the meme and treats it like its another pretentious and contrarian jab at rick and morty
>>
>>95219160
i want to know if the first black man in heaven got some white women
>>
>>95229117
U can't seek ur way out of an egg anyway, so the diss was made moot
>>
>>95229117
I think it might be one of the few lines in that dialogue that's complete gibberish. Given that it's followed up by one of the Xaviers recoiling in just how "profound" the line was, it's totally possible that it was just meant to sound meaningful but not actually have any meaning. That's my interpretation.
>>
>>95229117
Hunting for Easter Eggs
He's really good at seeking so the bag would be an egg because he could find an egg because he's so good at seeking
>>
There is no way XRA will come back, just for the amount it shits on muslims
>>
>>95235924
it didn't really shit on muslims that much and it wasn't an integral part of the show at all
XRA mostly parodies new age crap, not islam
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.