[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the world could he, after being a Genie for a few years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Jaffar.jpg (43KB, 298x432px) Image search: [Google]
Jaffar.jpg
43KB, 298x432px
How in the world could he, after being a Genie for a few years tops, become more powerful than THE genie, who was thousands of years old?
>>
>>95174719
Semi-phenomenal nearly cosmic powers
>>
Genie's power got nerfed when he became freed
He couldn't even stop the temple from collapsing
>After getting his freedom, it is unclear of these limitations still implied, although he stated that he had suffered a reduction in power due to his new freedom, describing his current powers as now being "semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power" as opposed to his previous "phenomenal cosmic power".
>>
>>95174719
He wished to be the most powerful genie.
>>
>>95174719
He wished to be an All-Powerful Genie, which I assume is better than a Genie. Also a free genie has less power.
>>
>>95174781
He basically had to be nerfed for the show to exist.
>>
>>95174719
A lamped genie is like an administrator account, control over everything but needs to be logged in to access it
A freed genie is like a publicly available mod account in a small community, everyone else can use it to modify stuff and clean up the place but it's still restricted as to prevent one of the users to fuck up things too much
Seriously, if you had been a genie imprisoned for god knows how long and someone freed you, tell me you wouldn't make the universe go pop just to enjoy some peace and quiet
>>
>>95174795
He did not.
>>95174781
When does the movie or the show say that?
>>
>>95175153
Animated series nigga
>>
>>95175478
What episode?
>>
>>95175153
I think his exact words were "an all-powerful" genie. He can be considered to have no limitations beyond the bounds of genie existence
>>
>>95175153

It's been mentioned in the show a few times iirc.
>>
>>95175153
>When does the movie or the show say that?
the second the genie first shows up and we hear castellaneta's voice. he explains to everyone and the audience that his powers are lesser now
why he puts fake manacles back on i have no idea. maybe his wrists felt naked
>>
>>95175861
>>95174874
Well, makes sense. If you think of Fairly Odd Parents, there's an episode in which Norm gets free from being a genie, so he becomes a Fairy Godfather, but has to follow the rules etc.
>>
What of your first wish was for the genie to make a rock that he cant lift it and your second wish was for him to lift it?
>>
File: floopy teaches potty.png (476KB, 684x1611px) Image search: [Google]
floopy teaches potty.png
476KB, 684x1611px
I like to think it's kind of like this. Our genie was created into the role of a genie and possibly never gave the full implications of his power much thought, mostly just goofed off with them when he had the chance and pined over the freedom of humanity, and was also possibly a little distracted by his enslavement and the limitations it set him. But Jafar clearly studied and obsessed over magic and the possibilities of its power, and maybe he had a lot of ideas on what to do if he ever got that lamp, and he did all that thinking and fantasizing with the creativity of a free person with a wish to oppress others.
>>
>>95178152
Like amendments to the U.S. Constitution, or the Ten Commandments, later wishes always supersede earlier ones.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.