[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I took over everything and forced peace on everyone >I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1130.jpg (1MB, 1889x2903px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1130.jpg
1MB, 1889x2903px
>I took over everything and forced peace on everyone
>I also got rid of that smelly internet so trolls couldn't say mean things about me
>this is considered Utopia by Bendis and Marvel's staff

What happened? When did Marvel become so shit? I use to love them so much (still love the movies though). Even the embarrassing stuff. This is literally worst than the 90s.

What happened?
>>
>>95171096
Jews. It's always the Jews.
>>
>>95171096
the inmates are running the asylum. As Stan Lee said 'I'd have these kids come to me and tell me about all the spiderman stories they wanted to write, and I guess it was flattering but also kind of odd. when I got into writing sure I liked the guys who inspired me but I wanted to write my stories, not imitate someone elses."

marvel was always known for being 'more realistic' and 'diverse' than DC. So now we have Bendis who is at his best doing street level shit of no consequence with an editor riding herd to keep bendisspeak and word bubble abuse in check.

we have a LatinX woman who is not latina and who does not speak spanish writing a series that is only notable for how bad it is.

One of the hottest new super heroes out of the last couple of decades is 'black spiderman' and we're supposed to applaud this. (nevermind that Miles is literally just black peterparker with mutant spider powers.Christ at least give him his own identity beyond 'spider man but black')

what happened is they got rid of editors and then tried to sell comics based on writers, writers NEED editors to keep their bad habits in check.

they started experimenting to bring in new buyers. Comics have a liberal bias, lets not pretend otherwise. But instead of going out of their comfort zone and maybe retreading some nice ground with say, Green Arrow/Hal Jordon and having a conservative character interact with the world and examine his viewpoints they went to the radical left and...drew in no new buyers, allowed writers who really needed restraint free reign, and started believing their own hype.

and you know what? it doesn't matter. Marvel is an IP farm now. They percolate ideas for disney to turn into movies and cartoons.
>>
>>95171096
Marvel Now happened. 90% of everything after that was shit.
>>
>Internet is bad and no one likes it

Nice projection
>>
File: Hi Bendis.png (422KB, 758x588px) Image search: [Google]
Hi Bendis.png
422KB, 758x588px
>>95171096
>internet is bad
>>
>>95171096
Ike fired 90% of Marvel's editors. Then he fired some more later on. The last few who still work there just don't care. They don't get paid to care, just drink milkshakes and fix typos.

Also Joe Quesada left the EiC position and Axel Alonso took over. Quesada was not perfect, but did some good things. He brought A-list talent to Marvel and he knew when to put his foot down. Alonso is the biggest pushover ever. He lets everyone do anything and can't say no. He even admitted he offers every character to Bendis first regardless. He chases away writers and artists all the time.
>>
>>95171782
stop it ,joe.
>>
>>95171096
>>I took over everything and forced peace on everyone

Isn't there villains still running around and Next averages. Through it is very vague, it could be a cyber world. Also there is a venom pit?

>I also got rid of that smelly internet so trolls couldn't say mean things about me.

True dat.
>>
>>95171782
>Quesada was not perfect, but did some good things.

Like that incestual comic with his daughter in Spiderman. Holy Shit, that was hot.
>>
>>95171722
People said my comic was poopy on twitter. Therefore Internet should be deleted forever.
>>
>>95171096
The internet freed information to the masses and opened up mass communication for everyone who owned it.

Of course someone who wants to control the masses gets rid of it as fast as possible under the reasoning of "won't anyone think of the poor sensitive souls?" and "There will be peace everlasting if we just give up some freedom".

Jeez, this is like text book authoritarian reasoning.
>>
>>95172097
Samefagging for a moment here:
"Beware of he who would deny you acces to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master."
>>
File: incubus.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
incubus.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
There are people taking this seriously? Why /co/ is so stupid?
>>
>>95171269

>what happened is they got rid of editors and then tried to sell comics based on writers, writers NEED editors to keep their bad habits in check.
>they started experimenting to bring in new buyers. Comics have a liberal bias, lets not pretend otherwise. But instead of going out of their comfort zone and maybe retreading some nice ground with say, Green Arrow/Hal Jordon and having a conservative character interact with the world and examine his viewpoints they went to the radical left and...drew in no new buyers, allowed writers who really needed restraint free reign, and started believing their own hype.

They were / are trying new things because of sales tanking. You clearly have some ideas about how they could have gone about it, but Marvel Comics has its own editors, writers and directors, who are also flawed people, and also have their own ideas on how to boost sales or "innovate".

It's a dying business, they are doing what they can to keep it afloat and "fresh".

That said, I still think most of their current comics are pure shit, and their writers pitiful.

Their movies, in general, are a lot more entertaining both in character development and storytelling aspects.
>>
File: 1444618399250.jpg (69KB, 331x336px) Image search: [Google]
1444618399250.jpg
69KB, 331x336px
>>95172251
>Marvel Comics has its own editors
>>
File: laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>95172251
>Marvel Comics has its own editors
>>
>>95172643
>>95173244

What?! They do. They are hip and love milkshakes!
>>
>>95172251
Marvel "Editor" spotted.

Do your fucking job and we might admit you exist you fucking pump.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.