[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's hard being a member of the comic community sometimes...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: jmimlpn.jpg (44KB, 294x474px) Image search: [Google]
jmimlpn.jpg
44KB, 294x474px
It's hard being a member of the comic community sometimes...
I just needed to vent about something that's been bugging me for a while.
I'm a relatively easy going guy who just likes to enjoy things as they are. I can find enjoyment out of most comics even when some people find them mixed or poor. And being the guy I am it's really hard to see people being so...negative.
I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not everyone is gonna feel the same way about a certain comic but it just feels like every time I look at something comics related online I get hit with negativity and it just brings my fun down.
Nowhere is this more apparent than with Marvel. I love Marvel comics. Marvel is the company that got me into reading comics but everyone is ragging on it so hard it's hard to get invested in them. I'm not saying I agree with everything Marvel is doing I'm just saying I'm sick of being swarmed with negativity when all I wanna do is read a comic and have fun.
>>
Marvel sucks
>>
>>95154723
don't be part of a community then.
I'm not being petulant.
Just detach yourself from general opinion of /co/, cbr or whatever else.
Read books based on your own instincts and make your own opinions.
>>
Then why are you here?
>>
>>95154723
>I'm just saying I'm sick of being swarmed with negativity when all I wanna do is read a comic and have fun.

Then maybe you should stop browsing /co/

Is this seriously something you never considered? This place is cancer.
>>
People aren't happy with the way Marvel seems to be going and they express this unhappiness. Why does this bother you so much
>>
>>95154723
Sometimes it's best to try not to read what's being said out there, especially if you can't help that it affects you. I personally don't participate in fandoms and because of that I miss out on being a part of the community, but that's the price I pay so that I can watch/read in peace.

Marvel's okay.
>>
>>95154723
>all I wanna do is read a comic and have fun.
Get off the internet faggot,grow thicker skin, and learn not to give a shit about other people's opinions so much if it offends you so much. But more importantly don't fucking blog about it here.
>>
If you want actual discussion here is what you do

>go to reddit
>create sub about interest
>ban anyone who disagrees with you
>???
>profit
>>
>>95154853
fuck you

no op, just underlining your point for you.
>>
File: 08 Kamala.png (533KB, 1000x741px)
08 Kamala.png
533KB, 1000x741px
>>95154723
Marvel sucks big hobo donkey nigger dicks
>>
>>95154723
/co/ is a DCIDF board, friend.
>>
>>95154723

I like Marvel too but they're shooting themselves in the foot and need to get their shit together. A publisher shouldn't be this stubborn and anti consumer but they've been really sleazy and are doing things to piss people off or attract people that don't read comics.

Now it's biting them in the ass and all this negativity will HOPEFULLY force them to reform.

DC was in the same position, even though DCYou wasn't that bad, and they snapped back in a year and revitalized themselves.

This is why people want a Marvel Rebirth.

If you're really a fan you won't overlook their many, many problems and will criticize them.

It's like how it is with DC movies. People rag on them all the time but you can't blame them because the movies have been bad more often then not.
>>
>>95154723
Feel better now?
>>
>>95154723
I understand where you're coming from, OP. I really do. That being said, you have to acknowledge two simple facts:

>people love to bitch about stuff
Which is why threads about America will auto-sage multiple times in a single day, but a thread about Hellboy or The Goon can and will regularly archive with less than fifty posts.
>Marvel is fucking garbage right now
A lot of the criticism is legitimate and isn't negativity just for the sake of it. There are real concerns to be had with Marvel and how their shit may affect not only their own company, but the entire industry.

Seriously, though, if the constant barrage of negativity is an issue, just step back from it and read your damn funnybooks without delving into the cancerous fan community.
>>
>>95154985
>not being a black/donkey animorph in exchange for your wealth, having to live as a wandering hobo

That sounds fucking sick.
>>
>>95154723
I'm not reading all that shit nigger

20 words or less
>>
>>95155952
>LEAVE MARVEL ALOOOONE ;_;
>>
File: 1496624569750.jpg (17KB, 117x239px)
1496624569750.jpg
17KB, 117x239px
>>95154723
>it's really hard to see people being so...negative.
It's interesting how the people who often go on about being mellow the most are often the most likely to complain about others complaining.
No actual counter argument to the complaints, just an insistence they hush when in your presence.
Inb4 some anon's NO U deflection about how critics often seek things just to complain about as well, which wouldn't address the original point but by all means smash that Post button
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.