[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJ DwFOzAY0 Will the kids o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1502210387638.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502210387638.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJDwFOzAY0
Will the kids of today look back fondly on shitty shows like Ben 10 (2016), Teen Titans Go, Powerpuff (2016) and Breadwinners like the ''current adult animation community'' looks back fondly on shitty shows like Catdog, Rocket Power, Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's A Monkey (all of them were hated when they first aired)
>>
A video of a nostalgic idiot whining about how cartoons are different than from when he was a kid? No thanks
>>
>>95149482
>like the ''current adult animation community'' looks back fondly on shitty shows like Catdog, Rocket Power, Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's A Monkey (all of them were hated when they first aired)
That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
Oooooh! Let me take a guess.

It's a video where some 17-30 year old man whines about how these cartoons aren't the same and how the reboots disgrace their predecessors.

Waiiiiit. It also praises Steven Universe, right?
>>
>>95150463
Yesiree
>>
>>95150331
Rocket Power is debatable but catdog and MGPiaM were fucking terrible
>>
>>95150331
Cars of was hated even by kids barring a few episodes
Rocket Power was seen as blatant pandering and even most so-called "90s kids" admit that it was pretty bad.
Laszlo wasn't hated but seen as a big step down from Rocko
MGPAM was strongly disliked and even people that like it admit that the first half was mostly trash
>>
>>95151273
>Cars
Meant Catdog, what the fuck
>>
>>95151032
My Gym Parter's A Monkey was good though
>>
>>95149482
>CatDog
>terrible
The rest of those are shit. Especially Rocket Power. But CatDog is great.
>>
>>95151273
>Rocket Power was seen as blatant pandering
Are you talking about now or back then? Because I vividly remember back when it was airing and you could vote on what shows you wanted to air during a certain Nickelodeon block on their website and Rocket Power won every single time, which pissed me off because I hated RP.
>>
>>95149482

Notice how the thumbnail for the video cherrypicks three bad cartoons from this decade, as if they're indicative of the quality of modern cartoons.
>>
File: 1500067573588.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1500067573588.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>95149482

A man who thinks Steven Universe is the greatest/deepest cartoon ever is not a man anyone should listen to.
>>
>>95151032
Rocket Power had the occasional laugh, but for the most part, it was just a mediocre show banking on the extreme sports trends of the time. My least favorite Klasky Csupo cartoon by far.
>>
>>95153304
>it was just a mediocre show

Just like Gumball
>>
>>95153143
Breadwinners
Powerpuff (2016)
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs
Scaredy Squirrel
Sidekick
My Life Me
Annoying Orange
Post Movie SpongeBob
Rabbids Invasion
Sanjay and Craig
Fanboy and Chum Chum
The 7D
Penn Zero
Supernoobs
Monsters vs Aliens

So much more to list
>>
>>95153389
>implying Gumball is even comparable to Rocket Power
>implying Gumball was even relevant to my post

Apply yourself
>>
>>95149482
I still hate all those things you said. A lot. The fact that people like Camp Lazlo and Gym Monkey annoys me more now than it did then but not by much. Also I can assure you plenty of people liked Catdog when it was airing. I wasn't one of them. I hated it from the ground up. I liked Angry Beavers though but of course that isn't on that list because it wasn't trash.
>>
>>95153176
Give me a deeper cartoon, recent or not.
No other show has as deep of a following for this reason.
>>
>>95156055
Your show is as deep as a bowl of soup, and your tongue is as sharp as a soup spoon.
>>
>>95150463
You forgot the slight lisp and whiney voice.
>>
>>95150463
>17-30 year old man
You don't think that's a little vague?

I mean this video and thread are a turd but that seems like you're saying, "I bet this video talks about cartoons!"
>>
>>95153143
Uncle Grandpa isn't even that bad, it's just easy to scapegoat because of how ugly it is.
>>
>>95156055
Define "deep" for me first, because I fail to see what makes that show deep besides mediocre worldbuilding and extremely forced melodrama.
>>
>>95156235
Not really. It's pretty much this. All the time. Except for the small occasion they're younger than I thought or they actually have something of relevance.
>>
>>95156330
This, Batman the Animated Series and even Freakazoid has more nuance and world building than Steven Universe. Its as if some of these people didn't start watching cartoons until the last 3-4 years.
>>
File: The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png (533KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png
533KB, 1024x640px
>>95156055
All of them + The Batman
>>
>>95149482
I counterattack with Pizza Pan !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOVgPjDiNoY
>>
>>95153462
Most of those have come and gone by years now.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.