[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a little comic I have a character and I can draw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1501165043593.jpg (30KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1501165043593.jpg
30KB, 500x467px
I want to make a little comic
I have a character and I can draw but I can't draw anywhere near as good as marvel or DC
So my question is should I bother?
>>
>>95128943
because doing nothing is killing you. At least do something. You dont have to share it, but do it so you can say that you actually did something with your life.
>>
>>95128943
Do it, faggot. Post it here so we can laugh at you/provide constructive criticism.
>>
>>95128943
>Learn to draw good
>Hire someone who can
Take your pick
>>
Yes, the most famous webcomics in the world are crappily drawn stick figures and/or MSPaint doodles, so clearly people don't care as long as you can write well.
>>
>>95128943
If you can draw at least as good as the artists who do

Hellcat and squirrel girl then your ok
>>
>>95128943
Do it faggot.
DO IT, or don't. Try to do something fun, that would compensate your lack of artistic skills
>>
>>95128943
>I can't draw anywhere near as good as marvel or DC
Don't compare yourself to them they are have been doing it for much longer then you have and have much more experience
You can be as good as them if you're willing to put in the time and effort
There is a regular thread here called hoe's your webcomic? You can post it there
Don't be embarrassed about, just to take criticism maturely and be willing to put in the time improve to improve yourself
>>
Marvel and DC use bad artists like Skottie Young, John Romita Jr., Humberto Ramos, etc

Don't underestimate yourself. The bar has been set quite low
>>
>>95128943
just draw faggot
>>
>>95128943
Do it, you humongous faggot.
>>
Draw it first, establish your own ideas, explore some. Then if major publisher picks you up, if they do use your character you've got proof of creation. (See jim starlin and Thanos)
>>
File: joecool.jpg (65KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
joecool.jpg
65KB, 400x354px
>>95128943

Absolutely - do it! We'll never know if it sucks or is not interesting, and in any case you'll have fun doing it.
>>
File: Jot it down.jpg (116KB, 690x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jot it down.jpg
116KB, 690x720px
If it's garbage no one will read it. That would be a waste of your time.
>>
>>95128943
>marvel or DC
That's some vague shit to compare yourself to, considering they cycle through droves of artists. Just do it. The longer you pull that "w-well should I bother" shit, the longer it'll take to be good at whatever it is you wanna do. Just do it.
>>
File: WqhpfU1.png (144KB, 599x443px) Image search: [Google]
WqhpfU1.png
144KB, 599x443px
>>95129008
This, I mean, just look at One Punch Man. It spawned a huge franchise despite being a webcomic with shitty art.
>>
>>95128943
Just do it op.
i draw and do comics here on /co/ and other boards too, they're pretty bad and sometimes i feel like the other anons hate me for it since i'm such a shitposter, but i've gotten good feedback here and there, and it's even helped me draw better, you're never going to know until you stop doubting yourself.
>>
>>95129985
Yeah, but that's because ONE is a master of paneling, flow and storytelling.
Is OP good at those to compensate for his lack of skills?
>>
>>95130149
We won't know unless he tries.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.