[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why are he and slott considerd such an asset to marvel? From

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2247.jpg (69KB, 367x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2247.jpg
69KB, 367x512px
So why are he and slott considerd such an asset to marvel? From what i can tell he hasnt made a good comic in years, and keeps forcing down his dount steek black character like ree ree who, according to a marvel insider, said no one even on the team likes. Why are they so afraid to let bendis go if nobodys likes him, atleast anymore?
>>
>>95127277
Because they don't have anyone else
>>
>>95127277
He did well enough that he ended up in Perlmutter's creative committee (which might still be around even if Feige doesn't want to use them).
>>
>>95127277
He's loyal and does what he's told
Plus he's had some successful books that got adapted in the past like Jessica Jones
>>
>>95127277
>according to a marvel insider
Wasn't the source on that...us? That's not something to be taken with a grain of salt you'd need the entire fucking mine.
>>
>>95127277
Also as much as Slott's Spider-Man has gotten terrible, his ASM is probably the highest selling Marvel title that's not Star Wars, not a #1, and not an event.
>>
>>95127277
He ruined the X-men and I've dropped all Marvel comics ever since.

Is he still pushing his self insert Goldballs?
>>
>>95127328
Yeah he's still in Miles Morales Spider-Man's book
>>
>>95127325
Is that because it's Spider-Man though? Has Spider-Man ever sold well under expectations? Maybe just pre-Clone Saga?
>>
He used to sell, for like 10 years or more putting Bendis' name on a title guaranteed it would be a top 50 book at least. Now he's fucked, people are done with his bullshit, but his contract is so big that they can't just shitcan him without paying out a fuckload of money. I think you will see his role massively diminished when his exclusive is up.
>>
>>95127277
Someone turn the mic into a ball and give him a frowny face.
>>
>>95127277
Think back to Bendis' whole career:

-USM helped boost Marvel up at a time when the comic sales were heavily lagging.
-Alias and Daredevil had critical acclaim.
-Avengers Disassembled and New Avengers, despite being terrible, were Marvel's top sellers when he was on it during the 00's.
-He managed to get on Perlmutter's creative committee, so he probably knew in advance about things the movies were going to do and set his career path accordingly.
-Even after Feige broke away from Ike and the creative committee, Marvel Netflix is using characters that Bendis worked on (Daredevil, Luke Cage) or created (Jessica Jones).

Even though I think Bendis has been writing some fucking awful stuff the past few years, I can believe Marvel still sees him as an asset.
>>
>>95127450
Don't forget he has a big exclusive deal that:
1) requires him to write several titles a month, so he's going to be everywhere by contractual obligation alone
2) almost certainly gives him some control of which books he gets to write
3) means Marvel can't diminish his role short of just giving him untenable titles that get cancelled at 6 issues
>>
>>95127352
>Is that because it's Spider-Man though? Has Spider-Man ever sold well under expectations? Maybe just pre-Clone Saga?

Amazing Spider-Man went below 50,000 back in 2000/2001 (this was before JMS came on board). Now on one hand, this was when a lot of comic sales were low, but on the other hand, Ultimate Spider-Man #5 had estimated orders of 59,000 (and for a long time that issue of USM was considered a "low printing" by sellers). So if THAT was considered low printed, think of how badly Amazing Spider-Man was doing that it went below 50,000.
>>
>>95127524
Huh, that was actually around the time I read it (well, it was one of those compilation back issues I think).It was during the time when they were trying to get rid of MJ again. Thinking back that was a pretty shitty time.

But yeah I guess Slott does appeal to some people, more than Howard Mackie I guess.
>>
>>95127669
>Huh, that was actually around the time I read it (well, it was one of those compilation back issues I think).It was during the time when they were trying to get rid of MJ again. Thinking back that was a pretty shitty time.

It was. I really hated it back when it was being published. But rereading it, it's still bad, but I think there's sort of a professionalism in it that's missing from current Marvel.

>But yeah I guess Slott does appeal to some people, more than Howard Mackie I guess.

He does. I haven't liked any of Slott Spider-Man for at least the past three years, but I can't deny his run has fans.
>>
>>95127277
Christ even cartoon Bendis looks like a smug cunt.
>>
>>95127277
Because he's like the only one who can write consistently. It's consistently shit, but it's on the same level.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.