[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I really missing out by watching the dub? Besides some weird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: wakfu_cover-a-by-mig-saturax.jpg (407KB, 860x1305px) Image search: [Google]
wakfu_cover-a-by-mig-saturax.jpg
407KB, 860x1305px
Am I really missing out by watching the dub? Besides some weird voice-acting, I don't see much wrong with it.
>>
>>95123901
Dally is best boy
>>
>>95123901
It's horrendously casted/voice directed, and vastly outshined by the original French performances. You're not getting the same experience of the show by sticking with the English dub.
>>
>>95123929
If I don't understand it I don't care
>>
>>95123901
It cuts out or leaves unexplained some puns. But that's a problem with the official sub too since it uses the same script, so it isn't worth worrying about unless you want to download the old fansubs. There's also a bit of a problem with the sound effects and music being quieter than they should be in some scenes of the dub. I'm not sure if that issue also carries over to the official sub track.
>>
File: wakfu fansubs.jpg (42KB, 912x496px) Image search: [Google]
wakfu fansubs.jpg
42KB, 912x496px
There's a lot of bad french puns
>>
>>95123972
Then why'd you ask?
>>
>>95124109
>implying I'm op
>>
>>95123901
>Besides some weird voice-acting, I don't see much wrong with it.

Well I don't see why anything else NEEDS to be wrong with it.

Bad voice acting/direction = bad dub. You might not be able to understand the French, but at least the tone of scenes and emotions of the characters are intact when watching it in it's native, intended language.

Where as the english voices are, on occasion, distractingly bad.
>>
>>95123901
In a word, yes.
Especially the female characters are so quintessentially French in the original version, it harms the tone and quality of the entire series - let alone the characterisations - to watch a dub.
Cra-hips are just not the same without the panache and style of an angry French woman.
>>
>>95124254
French is a really shit type language to listen too.
>>
>>95123901
I do enjoy english Amalia. Here delivery of 'bimbos' is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>95124328
At first it's strange, especially if you come from an anime background, but watch enough French animated films/shows and eventually you get used to it.
>>
>>95123972
>dubfags
>>
>>95124118
Umh, what are subtitles for, anon?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.