[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I felt bad once for Mosaic bombing due to the first issue priced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 33

File: fuckmosaic.jpg (197KB, 1300x394px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmosaic.jpg
197KB, 1300x394px
I felt bad once for Mosaic bombing due to the first issue priced at 5,99 and the Inhumans taint. Not anymore.
>>
Why not Asian? Seems black is the go to at Marvel for new heroes
>>
>>95116346
Because these creatives aren't very creative. For all their diversity, there isn't much variety.
>>
I couldn't care less about the all tge other shit, he called Booster shit. That's too fucking far
>>
File: RightClops.png (146KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
RightClops.png
146KB, 800x800px
>implying any of the nuHumans deserve pity

Except for Synpase, i hope Duggan does something with her
>>
>>"If you're such a fan of minority heroes, why don't you bring Mettle and Reptil back to life? Or Hazmat back to comics? Or the New X-Men like Dust and Surge? Or Silk who recently got dropped? Hummingbird or Sun Girl? You talk big about minority characters, but seem to not use any that are already there."

Is what I would say if I wasn't banned from CBR.
>>
>>95116303
>Deadman, as if
Yeah, Deadman could make it past 8 issues.
>>
>>95116557
you're better off
>>
>>95116303
Has this jerkoff even read a Booster Gold comic?
>>
>>95116303
>He is also... not a stereotype of any kind.
YOU MADE HIM A BASKETBALL PLAYER.

HIS MAIN POWER IS TO STEAL THINGS.
>>
What is his fucking problem?
>>
>>95116303
>he doesn't like Booster Gold
Explanation discarded
>>
>>95116760
No one bought his shitty book.
>>
>>95116557
Then go make that post on your tumblr S/D
>>
He's wrong with Booster Gold as his example because Booster's great but he's also 1000% correct
>>
also don't call shit on Booster when your hero is a disgraced athlete too
>>
File: shrug.jpg (131KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
131KB, 800x1143px
>>95116303
Let's put aside the BG opinion. The rest of what he said is 100% correct and also, I believe, 100% unchangeable.
>>
>>95117192
I thought S/D was the OP.
>>
File: Blue Beetle is Unimpressed.jpg (31KB, 234x254px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Beetle is Unimpressed.jpg
31KB, 234x254px
>>95116303

>Booster Gold, for instance, is a [redacted] character, a one-joke joke. Once that joke is told there's no point to seeing him ever again.

Fuck this cunt.
>>
Remember when Mosaic was pushed as The Next Big Thing?

Remember when he sold so poorly that retailers had to give away the extra copies of "Mosaic" that were sent to them alongside their actual orders?

Ryan Higgins remembers.
>>
>>95117256

it's changeable you just have to be aware of the mindset. just use recent heroes and not ones you're nostalgic for and that'd solve a lot of it
>>
>>95116662
>you're better off
So fucking true.
I recall a thread a year or so back with someone flipping out that Falcon was being a misogynist because he was checking out Widow (despite there being a car door covering everything but her face) when she drove up to pick up Steve in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>95117287
What the fuck was Mosaic's power even,like being able to phase through people and mind control them or something?
>>
>>95116303
This is sorta true. His reasons are shit but if a character has fans who also get to write comics they most likely would want to write their favs.
Too bad his character is no ones fav.
>>
>>95117230
No he's not. The ratio of non-white characters is the way it is because the more iconic ones are generally white. And instead of trying to elevate non-whites into such status, writers like him either make new ones that are DOA or just replace old ones with minorites, neither of which accomplish anything in the end. And the whole cicle repeats itself-

>>95116303
>I call that a win
No, it's not. Fuck off.
>>
Why is this guy getting so defensive of a character he doesn't even own? If I worked for a faceless corporation I wouldn't be even nearly this heavily invested on something I created for THEM.
>>
>>95117332

He was like Deadman, could temporarily possess people.

i liked the first issue or two i read but i dunno how marvel expected it to survive
>>
>>95116303
A big factor in the poor sales is because he was an Inhuman
Nobody gives a shit about the Inhumans
Him being black and an Inhuman just made people uninterested in him because they see Inhumans as a passing fad Marvel are trying to push and ALSO just another one of their shitty diversity characters for being black
I know I lost all interest in the character immediately after finding out he was going to be an Inhuman
>>
>>95116303

>Not a stereotype
>Literally throwing around a basketball when we first see him

lol ok
>>
>>95117332
>>95117355
he's proteus so he's even stealing a mutant's gimmick.
>>
>>95116760

He's blaming racism even though comics is a really liberal media. It bombed because it was $4.99
>>
>>95116303
>talking shit about Booster Gold
The fuck is this?
>>
>>95117385
What makes his reasoning so offensive to me is that he thinks he's honoring Jack Kirby's legacy by creating a brand new Inhuman. How delusional do you have to be for this type of rationale.
>>
>>95117256
>. The rest of what he said is 100% correct
Bullshit. First >>95116702
Second
>The number and variety of non-white is pathetic
This is wrong and has been wrong since the eighties.
Fuck SJWs and thinking they invented diversity.
We had better race and gender representation in the late nineties and early aughts than we have now. Because they use to be characters.
>>
File: 1289096621467.jpg (62KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1289096621467.jpg
62KB, 294x294px
>>95117230
>but he's also 1000% correct
>>
>>95116303
>>95116680
>>95117277

People love Booster Gold for -who- he is. This person clearly only cares about -what- a character is.
>>
File: aids faggot.jpg (86KB, 522x458px) Image search: [Google]
aids faggot.jpg
86KB, 522x458px
>>95116533
>>95116680
>>95117161
>>95117252
>>95117277
>>95117473
Wow, the characterfagging is real! When did all these casuals arrive on /co/?
>>
>>95117332

He was Deadman. But boring
>>
>>95117514
Senpai, most "comic book readers" in /co/ ARE characterfags. Why do you think they only bother to read Big Two capeshit?
>>
>>95117494
>>95117499
He's correct in the sense that the fanboys in charge play a key part in what characters get used.

See Ethan Van Schiver and Hal Jordan/Barry Allen.
>>
Question. Was the book even good? I remember reading the first issue or two, and it had an ok bit about him being a gigantic dick, but I lost track when he became a latino burglar.
>>
>>95117483
>>95117428
>>95116702
Jesus Christ, for real?
What was his origin?
Bitten by a radioactive watermelon?
>>
>>95117551

He's wrong in why the book failed. If it was a mutant and the first issue $2.99 it would still be going now.
>>
>>95117573
I read the first one and was bored to tears around page 10. If I had payed for it, I would be mad. I obviously didn't pick up the 2nd issue and I don't even remember him showing up in any of the comics I read.
>>
>>95117230

I disagree. I think if X-Men could still have new mutants, a new character from any random place (cambodia, paraguay, kazakstan), could be popular as long as it has a good design and cool powers.
>>
>>95117639

Well you're 100% right. Some of the most popular X-men aren't American.
>>
>>95117551
What that should tell you is that no one is a fan of these characters and there is no way to fix that because you cannot force someone to enjoy something
>>
File: Geoffery Thorne.jpg (11KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
Geoffery Thorne.jpg
11KB, 200x281px
>>95116303
>Shitting on Booster Gold to make Mosaic look good.
>Shitting on Deadman to make Mosaic look good.
Those aside, Geoffery Thorne posts regularly on CBR? Is Marvel now recruiting writers from the forums of it's associated shill sites? Like how they're hiring artists from Tumblr? Doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>95116303
shoulda build him better
>>
>>95117474
Kirby's battlecry was always "MAKE SOMETHING NEW!" though.

>>95117618
Honestly, I don't think making him a mutant would change much. Kamala's an inhuman and her book still sells.

I think the price and quality (or lack thereof) had more to do with how badly it sold than anything else.
>>
>>95117803
>Kamala's an inhuman and her book still sells.
>Ms. Marvel #20 20,738

Well good for an InHuman
>>
>>95117803
>MAKE SOMETHING NEW
it doesnt matter if it is new if it suck
>>
>>95117926
Considering how bad the rest of Marvel's sales are on titles that aren't Star Wars, that's probably their midlist sales level now.
>>
>>95116346
>Asian
Why not Hispanic male? We never get any representation. It's always either blacks or asians. Or it's a Hispanic female. That's why I never give a shit when people talk about adding 'diversity' in comics. Yay, you're adding more people who don't look like me. Why should I care.
>>
>>95116303
Has anyone storytimed Mosiac? It's fucking awful.
>>
>>95117757
Kelly Thompson did have a blog at CBR and was always praising Marvel over how diverse they were....
>>
This guy is legit a moron.

The guy needs to take a history class and learn about ww2.
>>
>>95118399
>We never get any representation.
We do. It's enough for me.

Honestly, I'd rather have no representation at all than what we're getting now. It's either Mexicans or Puerto Ricans. The last big budget animated Hispanic film was based on the Mexican Day of the Dead. The next big budget animated Hispanic film will be based on... the Mexican Day of the Dead. "QuirkyRican" is currently slandering Hispanics all over the world with her America Chavez book, who she writes as Puerto Rican, even though America herself comes from an alternate dimension where Puerto Rico doesn't even exist. It has to stop.
>>
>>95116303
>MUH IT'S BECAUSE OF THE WHITE MALES YOU SEE.
>Booster hasn't had an ongoing in ages.
>Jaime has had his 3rd fucking one and sans the Rogers one, they've all been bad to just above mediocre.

Booster's popularity exploded because of 52 when it was showed he wasn't just a one-note joke, the same argument can be said for Batwoman too.
>>
>>95117757
This writer has gotten in arguments with people on CBR before, and I don't have any links on me to back up that statement.
>>
>>95118399

> Jaime Reyes
> Robbie Reyes
> Miguel O'Hara
> Robert da Costa
>>
>>95117595
He's a nuHuman.
>>
>>95116303
>dissing Booster Gold
Well Fuck You.
>not a stereotype
>black man plays basketball and had to steal from other people

Now I'm glad his book failed.
>>
>>95116303
>because the number and variety of non-white super-heroes at the big two is now and has always been pathetic

Is this dumbass serious? The Big 2 has had tons of diverse characters. Marvel especially in recent years. Hell, some say they have too many non-white characters.
>>
>>95119329
>>95116303
Picking Booster of all heroes is weird since Booster has been rarely used. Of all the superheroes he picks BG to represent the over-exposed superhero?
>>
File: Redesign.png (404KB, 897x667px) Image search: [Google]
Redesign.png
404KB, 897x667px
>>95116303

I wish marvel did a showcase book or a book that tells different stories of heroes in the marvel universe. Allowing new heroes tell their stories without the fear of getting cancel.
>>
>>95119814
DC does this with New Talent Showcase, but that's like a once a year thing. They also have Holiday Specials
>>
>>95116303
>I wanted to add more variety
>so I added another random black guy
*Gasp* What a visionary! How does one come up with such original concepts!!!!! No Wonder he works for the house of ideas!!!!!!!
>>
File: this thread.png (391KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
391KB, 600x334px
>>95119807
What about the guardian or aqualad?
>>
>>95119814
>>95119840
Unfortunately, anthologies rarely sell well. You would have to pair them with someone else, like I would love a Batman-led "Brave and the Bold" again if it meant seeing old characters again.
>>
>>95116303

Oh shit, I forgot entirely about Mosaic! Oh my God, I actually thought he was a DC character.

I can't believe this was a thing. Wasn't there like, a big push about him? A diversity superhero thing?
>>
>>95116303
Why do people even visit CBR's Marvel board? All of the normal people have stopped posting,and you only have some newbies arguing with the same 4-5 shills in every thread.
>>
>>95119959
Not really.
He barely appeared in anything while his book was running for a few months, and post-cancellation he's barely ever seen.
>>
>>95117618
It wouldn't. It failed because Marvel had no faith in the book. He says that he was offered to either take over an existing character or create a new one but I'm guessing Alonso really wanted him to take over an existing one likely with the purpose of either ghettoizing him onto a black back (can't think of who, though... Luke Cage maybe?) or introducing a black legacy to take over a white identity.

Instead he decided to create his own character and sealed his own fate. If Marvel had faith in the concept they would've promoted it but they didn't. They announced the character and that was it, no further promotion or anything like that.

I'll also say he's partially right about Booster. Booster only got a series because he was a guy Johns liked and Johns did his usual bullshit of going "no, see, this character is actually really cool because..." and trying to turn Booster into a serious character when Booster IS a one-note jokey character: he's the airheaded glory hound who will never pass up a chance to seek fame and make a buck; a shallow guy though not a bad one.
>>
>>95118162
Mosaic wasn't a bad book at all though.
>>
>>95120090
i was talking about the character
>>
>That doesn't happen for minority characters and minority characters don't get nearly any of the shots white characters do in the first place

Who is Steel in the 90's for $500 Trebek? The man was pushed so hard it was ridiculous.
>>
>>95116303
Yeah this guy is retarded. I hope all his stuff bombs. Who does he think he is, badmouthing Booster Gold like that?

>>95116346
>>95118399
Remember when Native American was the go-to meme minority? RIP them.
>>
>>95120115
The character wasn't bad either though.
>>
>>95116303
>muh shitty boring failed because readers are wascist and sheeet
>I wuz braken new ground maken new black hero

Can someone please burn Marvel Comics to the ground?
>>
>>95120129
>black
>basketball player
>dead man powers
he is just as iteresting as spider man
>>
>>95120129
He was shit. Literally shit.
>>
>"I've hedged my bets and set myself up for some sweet royalties if anyone uses my character in the future. So long, fuckers!"
>>
>>95120165
marvel pay shit royalties thought
>>
>>95116303
>And here we have the creature Marvelus Empoyeeus in his natural environment. Observe how the small creature blames the failure of his shitty book on everyone else. Look as it makes sure as to throw shade at his rival species out of jealously and as to appease it's masters. Truly one of the most pathetic creatures of nature.
>>
>>95120157
>>95120161
Did you actually read the comic beyond maybe the first issue?

I'm going to assume not in the same way that most of /co/'s Booster Gold knowledge comes from 52 and Johns' series which wasn't that great mind you because Booster (despite what people here want to think) IS an inherently goofy character. That's what made him nice to read so pulling the whole "oh he's actually a secret serious badass but he just needs everyone to THINK he's a goofy dickhead now" is a.) very Johns and b.) very dumb.

That entire post was basically one big shot against Johns and his "MUH CHILDHOOD" shit. Johns is, in all honesty, in that Slott tier of creators who write all the ideas they thought were cool and clever when they were 13 no matter if said ideas are actually good or not.
>>
>>95116702

Yeah I was just about to say that. Didn't he make him a basketball player? Black guy basket ball player IS a stereotype (just a harmless one). Hell the first time we saw Steel out of costume he was playing basketball.

>>95116303

I can respect him trying to do something new, but he didn't do it very well.
>>
>>95117514

"Characterfagging" is a term newfags use. Stop newfagging and go back.
>>
>>95120275
And just to get ahead of it, Geoff Johns is in the Bendis/Slott tier of writers for me. Worse than Slott, even, because I've at least enjoyed stuff Slott's written. Johns completely lacks any imagination as a writer.
>>
>>95116303
I always wanted to put my OC in the marvel universe.
>>
>>95120194
>Steranko got paid more for KGBeast in BvS than Thanos
>Enough that he felt obligation to sit down and watch the movie
Jesus H Christ
>>
File: 1493246804388.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493246804388.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
>>95117595
>What was his origin?
>Bitten by a radioactive watermelon?
>>
>>95120275
i dont give a shit, he had the chance to make someting new and he make a boring stereotype he is not position to dish another writher or character
>>
>>95120347
That was Starlin, you idiot
>>
>>95120282
He was an arrogant, dickheaded basketball player yeah. Then he found out that his entire life was basically engineered by his father who simply wanted to use his son to get rich. He pushed his kid into basketball, controlled his public persona, etc. Even his girlfriend was basically someone who cut a deal with his dad behind his back to date him simply so she could get famous.

That was kind of the thing of the book. He spends a good chunk of it going from identity to identity trying to get back to his own only to find out that everything about his life was a complete sham run by his greedy father. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's not at all bad and if it had time to actually develop it would've been nice to see how the character would've changed.

But again, Marvel really gave the book no help at all. Mosaic wasn't a diversity legacy taking over an established name so they didn't care.
>>
Honestly I wouldn't mind a character skin color or what on earth he/she/wathever abomination they want to be called wants to get under the sheets of if they were made a character before being designed as tokens.

The problem is that most of the new heroes or new names under an old mantle heroes are designed to be tokens first characters second, they don't even think about the superpower first, they are instead focused on the skin color, how to draw attention to it and then the super powers, how to make the villain confront the sexuality or skin color instead of having a high stakes fight that entertains the reader.

They aren't characters they are ideal coasters for cheap political garbage and tokens for the sake of being tokens.

Make a concept of the hero first, then the design, then make it interesting before we have to deal with the man behind the mask.

I swear to God shit like Extreme Ghostbusters pulled this off well, the first thing I remember from a literal wheelchair bound character is that he was the first to shoot and a badass in danger situations not the fact that he was in a wheelchair, now we have a Spiderman that people just think as being a black dude, because that's the whole deal about it. It's almost as if quality control somehow died and they let people ideas go rampant on actual products before even asking themselves if this had any demographic market to begin with.
>>
>>95120356
Samefagging but I will say that it's kind of funny him bringing up Deadman as someone NOT to compare him to because his basic core is very Deadman (Boston Brand was kind of a dickhead in life and had to learn not to be one) and the fact Deadman's one of my favorite characters is the entire reason I even gave the book a shot.
>>
The people running Marvel into the ground WANT TO run into the ground to destroy the "problematic" genre of superhero books. They don't like comics anyway and would prefer getting jobs somewhere else in the Disney empire.
>>
>>95119625
Technically Miles Morales is one too, but y know, that part of his heritage is so drowned out by the BLACK that it might as well not exist since "progressive" people are shallow.
>>
>>95120275
> most of /co/'s Booster Gold knowledge comes from 52 and Johns' series
> not JLI
Off yourself.
>>
>>95119625
>reptil
>white tigers
>victor mancha
>>
>>95120356
So he was that Ball kid ?
>>
>>95116303
Was Mosaic a muslim? I don't remember.
>>
>>95119329
>the same argument can be said for Batwoman too.

I disagree. 52 Batwoman was a half note lesbian girlfriend accessory for Renee Montoya. She had no motivation, no real connection to Batman, and didn't get either until her solo book.
>>
File: Build Arrives.gif (2MB, 268x175px) Image search: [Google]
Build Arrives.gif
2MB, 268x175px
>>95120376
Just makes me appreciate how KR manages to do so every season more or less barring the occasional year-long hiccup.
>>
>>95120420
Ike wants to literally crash the whole industry. And when all the companies are dead, Marvel will remain supreme. Because Ike knows the mouse will keep Marvel Comics alive no matter what. At worst, they will just stick to reprints. Which would bother Ike because he doesn't give a shit about the comics division, if anything it makes his job easier.
>>
>>95120275
Slott is way better than Johns will ever be
>>
>>95120973
>>95120312
>>95120275
How is Slott better than Johns?
>>
>>95118399
be happy, hispanics or asians at least exist in comics. My people with all their differences are represented by Russian mobsters and those serbians from punisher. And to get anything else, we have to go back to comics from the 40s.
>>
>>95116303
I've been following and posting in these CBR threads for the last couple of days and people are salty as fuck! This guy, in particular, literally thinks that 30% of the country is evil.

Literally. He actually said that.
>>
>>95121270
What perplexes me is why the Shill Group(this guy, Tiamatty, JKtheMAC, Prof. Warren, that Bor guy) all waste their entire DAY responding to the same old, same old. The moment someone badmouths Marvel, they instantly go to that thread and do the same old "you're a racist, sexist shitlord" routine. A thread gets created, and two hours later it has 6 pages full of the same stuff the other thread, created a day before, has.
>>
>>95121120
he doesn't just write fanfics.
>>
>>95121303
Screencap proof?
>>
>>95121312
Not really a convincing argument here.
>>
>>95121317
Just go to CBR's Marvel subforum. The following threads are the same posters going in circles about the same shit:

>Tired of Marvel's direction causing a reader civil war
> Can We Admit That The Inhumans Have Failed Now?
>Is Marvel finally being forced to "cash a reality check?
>So the vanishing point is pretty much a joke now right? SE 10 spoilers

Here's a link: http://community.comicbookresources.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Marvel-Comics
>>
>>95121312
>Silver Surfer is literally Dr. Who fanfic
But you're right, he writes self insert wankery in form of ASM.
>>
>>95116303
Woah, he is so right, it is a shame that /Pol/ will disagree cause he insulted two lame white male characters
Like seriously, one is a blonde aryan rich cis male and the other is a literal white male.
>>
>>95121324
Slott has an Eisner Winning Issue.
>>
>>95121120
he has a sense of humor and a history of writing females well, also has written good Batman stories
>>
>>95121333
>unironically linking CBR
Kys yourself my man.
>>
>>95121333
I'm surprised they still have no articles about how LCS have just refused to fall for Marvel's Lenticular Gambit
>>
>>95121344
Johns has a single Spike TV award though!
>>
>>95121344
so does squirrel girl for art so it's only more proof that the award is a sham.
>>
>>95121344
Are you memeing my negro? Henderson won Eisner, BKV's cock is gobbled up every year at Eisner, what the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>95121344
Still not that convincing an argument. Warren Ellis never won an Eisner.
>>
>>95121243
Winter from Stormwatch was Russian and he was a really noble good guy. Great character, cool powers (energy absorption and manipulation) definitely check the series out, especially the Ellis run
>>
>>95121344
Eisners and hugos don't mean shit.
>>
>>95121346
The anon asked for proof. I wasn't gonna go screencap 50 pages. There's the link, go and see.

>>95121353
It's in there (in the "Reader Civil War" thread), but the Shill group turned it around and called the LCS Owners racist shitlords.
>>
>>95121367
Ellis is a shitty edgy writer
>>
>>95121317
>http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?100660-Tired-of-Marvel-s-direction-causing-a-reader-civil-war/page23

>http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?100541-No-more-politics-in-the-comics/page24

He's not kidding. I love arguing with these fuckers, but even I get tired of it after a little while. I'll never understand what drives these people to shill Marvel this strongly.
>>
>>95121312
Superior Spider-Man is more fanfic than anything Johns could dream of.
>>
>>95121402
You're only digging yourself a bigger hole.
>>
>>95121380
See, this is the thing. There is a ton of different slavic people, Yet somehow everyone thinks we are some version of Russians. Heck most slavs aren't even ortodox. Try to fin da czech or polish dude, not even a hero, just a dude in a book. And am not even try to go in to the difference between a slovak and a slovenian.
>>
>>95121404
forums get really pathetic. people get to know each other and form an echo chamber.
>>
>>95121428
>writer of Ruins
>not edgy
>>
>>95117514
More like when did newcunts like you arrive?

/co/ has liked Booster for years.
>>
>>95121460
I'm pretty sure bleeding cool sent them here with that retarded "insider" thred.
>>
File: 1404155014271.gif (999KB, 245x179px) Image search: [Google]
1404155014271.gif
999KB, 245x179px
>>95121451
>implying 4chan isn't just as pathetic
>>
>>95121120
Because /co/ doesn't circlejerk over Slott. Giving him unearned praise or popularity. Never mind fags will fap to whatever they damn will please.
>>
>>95121482
It isnlt becUse for as creepy as it is, no group of people blindly defend shit practices and bad stories out of some sense of loyalty to a company. A company isn't your friend cbr asswipe.
>>
File: 1504493940488.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504493940488.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>95116303
>WAH WAH WAH Why didn't you like my original character! Wah!
Why don't you throw yourself in front of a train. Maybe Mosaic will come to life and avenge you!
>>
>>95121482
Anonymity instantly makes /co/ better than any forum, because it lets us be as brutally honest and sincere as we want. Or we can simply shitpost without repercussions. We can jump between any role at any time.

Namefags and tripfags would rather see 4chan become just another forum with their constant need for attention and spotlight. Any name/tripfag who does not storytime, draw, or upload videos for this board deserves to be executed.
>>
>>95121457
I don't think you're helping your argument here.
>>
>>95121485
>Because /co/ doesn't circlejerk over Slott.

Bull fucking shit, did you just arrive on /co/ less than two years ago? People on this board were circlejerking over Slott's Arkham Asylum miniseries, the GLA comic, and She-Hulk in the last decade. There were also the same people circlejerking about how great Superior Spider-Man is about four years ago.
>>
>>95121312
How are "what if everyone had Spider-Man powers" and "what if all Spider-Characters teamed up" not a fanfic ideas? Not to mention Superior which is incredibly fanficy in how it handles the protagonist.
>>
>>95121482
4chan can be pretty bad, and /co/ ain't great but the anonymity objectively reduces the circle jerking and cliquiness that happen on traditional forums
>>
>>95121448
I thought you were russian becayse you mentioned russians, my bad. I don't know any Czech characters I will admit.
>>
>>95121517
>>95121587
>>95121648
Well I can't disagree with any of that. I rescind my previous post.
>>
>>95121631
Johns literally made a fanfic he came up with during the 90s into canon.
>>
>>95121687
>>95121312
Neither Johns nor Slott write fanfics because their stories are sanctioned and published by the IP holder. Fanfic is a purely semantical distinction surrounding intellectual property rights, if IP law didnt exist all works not by the original author would be fanfiction. Thus it is a term that has no bearing on quality related to bug 2 comics. You literally are using it as a term to mean "shit writing", and hence are making a tautological statement of 'Slott is better than Johns because he's not a shit writer'. Fuck off mongoloid.
>>
>>95121664
No problem man, am just saying that to an extent it is better to be made fun of, then being ignored or miss represented. I don't know how "real" the hispanics in marvel comics are, assuming probablly not much, for example. I for one would rather be represented by speedy gonzales kinda of comic figure, then a "WTF how is this a Mexican"
>>
>>95121687
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/10/10/superior-spider-man-comic-book-series/1624319/

At one of Marvel's editorial retreats, Slott gave his spiel for the first year of Superior Spider-Man and received the biggest reaction ever from Marvel editor in chief Axel Alonso: "He goes, 'You know, usually when you talk I just hear a lot of fanfic. But this is a roller coaster. I've got to hang on!' "
>>
>>95121622
but those things are all great
>>
>>95116346
Why not slavs? Russians don't count, they are mongols
>>
>>95121715
>if IP law didnt exist all works not by the original author would be fanfiction.
Which is what those works are. Fan fiction. Legalized fan fiction, sure. But in essence, still fan fiction. You can put a tuxedo on a monkey but at the end of the day, he's still gonna be a monkey.
>>
>>95116556
Not even shitnapse. Let her die and rot
>>
>>95121768
In other words, >>95121312 is still an idiot then?
>>
>>95121763
dude not all of them. Some are tatars, some are Kalmuks, Chechens, even some are slavs and jews.
>>
>>95116303
>booster gold is a one note joke

I am MAXIMUM triggered
>>
>>95117639
This. The best way to introduce minority is through X-Men. Not shithumans
>>
>>95121743
No they weren't.
>>
>>95121687
I know about Superboy. I generally despise Johns insistence of enforcing his "proper vision of what character should be" which tends to ignore any progress and dissenting voices.

Also, Johns is a terrible hypocrite. After all he (co)wrote a lot of those "edgy stories that take the fun away" that they try to escape from in Rebirth.

>>95121715
But their stories follow fanfic cliches.
>>
>>95117385
So much this. If he wasn't a shithuman, he might had a chance
>>
>>95121788
>But their stories follow fanfic cliches.

Wasn't the argument made above by someone that "Slott is a better writer than Johns because Slott doesn't write fanfic"?
>>
>>95120078
It certainly would last longer than mosaic, and it would have a huge following
>>
>>95121786
yes they were
>>
>>95118288
Anon, stop. 20K is not a number you want your brand new character to make
>>
>>95120745
Good luck with that. You overestimate marvel's importance
>>
>>95121781
I didn't expect such knowledge on /co/
I bow in honor
>>
>>95121814
Of course they shouldn't. But Marvel's entire line is doing pretty fucking bad to the point where that looks like an accomplishment. Mosaic #8 ended with estimated 5,507.
>>
>>95121845
yeah, we eastern slavs know our peoplz. So am kind of a cheating, 90% of the western stuff goes over my head.
>>
>>95121849
Indeed. Marvel is doing bad, which is why they should think how to do good. Accepting mediocrity will not make things better. Alas, I would prefer complete genocide of current marvel staff
>>
>>95121862

If their numbers stay this shit you'll probably get what you want.
>>
>>95121849

I'm gonna weigh in on this. The guy said he didn't think it was because Mosaic was an InHuman and said Kamala still sells. She's the highest selling Inhuman and it's still bad. He had to compare it to the best selling InHuman book and it was still terrible. While the X books aren't in the gutter and are on the high end of Marvel sales
>>
>>95121858
Aaaahh, and here I thought that I've found a smart westerner
>>
>>95121909
I really hope so ike is terrible.
>>
>>95121909
Don't give me hopes. I'm prepared for disappointment
>>
>>95116303
CBR loves black people, like LOVES them. They're like a dozen Linkaras fantasizing about being nasty cock sluts.
>>
>>95116303
>"Redjack" on CBR is Geoffrey Thorne himself
I didn't know that
Fuck his opinions though, Green Lantern is awesome
>>
>>95116303
>I don´t like comics staring black people or women
there I said it
>>
>>95116303
Mosaic was shit and I'm glad it bombed. Hope this cuck kills himself.
>>
>>95121243
You have colossus and magik
>>
>>95120376

>It's almost as if quality control somehow died and they let people ideas go rampant on actual products before even asking themselves if this had any demographic market to begin with.

Oh they have an idea for a demographic alright, problem is Tumblr doesn't actually buy or read comic books despite being loud on the internet.
>>
>>95122187
But now they're in the shitter because no one buys their comics. Tumblrtards never did, and old fans have been driven away. Might as well open a milkshake division and tabloids about Trump since the staff loves him so much on social media.
>>
>>95118399
Not even diversity lunatics care about us
>>
>>95120356
The problem is that his engineered persona was an asshole so nobody liked him and then the revelation that he doesn't actually HAVE a personality and needs to discover who he really is meant there was nothing to latch on to.
So he goes from being a douche to a nobody. Nobody wants to read that kind of character for long.
>>
>>95117385
"let me create someone new"
there was marvels first mistake
>>
>>95116303
>shit writer is unable to accept that people don't like his shit character

Where have I seen this before
>>
The difference is, Booster Gold is an entertaining and likable character.
>>
>>95122204
That has more to do with the opresion olympics. a hispanic man, is too low on the ladder to be included, although not as much as the white man. All females seem to get a free pass though.
With all the muslims women poping up in comics, isn't it suprising that the only muslim man we get to see are those in Ms Marvel, and even there they are only there, because they were unavoidable. Someone have to had sired Kamala.
>>
>>95119625
Roberto is still black, his first appearance is him getting beaten up for it.
>>
>>95122378
He's also Brazilian, so not Hispanic either
>>
>>95117256
It isn't correct at all. There's A LOT of well known, well established and well liked minority characters at Marvel. The company itself often forgets about these fucking characters. Remember how Kamala was marketed as their first Muslim/Middle Eastern super heroine despite the fact that Faiza and Dust both existed years prior and were still around? Or how they turned Iceman gay for no reason instead of using already established gay characters? The guy is WRONG. Fucking Mosaic, who's pretty much a Deadman rip-off except you can fucking see him, would been somewhat successful if he was marketed as just a new character with cool powers instead of "INHUMAN DIVERSITY CHARACTER, BUY IT OR YOURE A RACIST". Black characters and other minority's have done well or have had cult followings in the past and present: Black Panther, Falcon, War Machine, Blue Marvel, Kamala Khan, Luke Cage, Amadeus Cho, Monica Rambeau, Misty Knight, Blade, Doctor Voodoo, Ava Ayala, Patriot, Cloak and like most of the X-Men like Dust, Bishop, Sunfire, Armor, Synch, Storm and Prodigy among MANY others.
I liked Mosaic and it sucks that he didn't go big, but the guy is fucking wrong.
>>
How did Mosaic end anyway
>>
>>95121622
You forgot the recent Gwenshitpool spam.
>>
File: 1455817789151.jpg (75KB, 461x511px) Image search: [Google]
1455817789151.jpg
75KB, 461x511px
>>95122026
>They're like a dozen Linkaras fantasizing about being nasty cock sluts.
You cheeky cunt.
>>
>>95118399
There is the new Mexican Falcon, but probably they are going to forget he even existed
>>
>>95123415
I think it ended with him helping the inhumans blow up Stark tower. The whole thing was a civil war II tie in, despite it having ended months earlier.
>>
File: 1504543272165.png (715KB, 795x731px) Image search: [Google]
1504543272165.png
715KB, 795x731px
>>95122214
read the scum feminist manifesto. Here's an excerpt. Tell me thats not facism. This is required reading for all feminists in college.
>>
>>95117514
"Haha! You like the characters you read about! What a loser? Try hating everything you read!"

You have no idea how stupid you sound, do you?
>>
File: jgmjqrw.jpg (158KB, 969x515px) Image search: [Google]
jgmjqrw.jpg
158KB, 969x515px
>>95121404
I've never been on cbr forums before, holy shit those people are retarded.
>character builds a fan following
>why don't u give this fanbase a lgbt character they didn't ask for instead of what they want
>why are u acting like a spoiled child, your priviledge is showing
>>
File: Atlas Shrugged Farce.jpg (304KB, 1003x582px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas Shrugged Farce.jpg
304KB, 1003x582px
>>95123514

>all meaningless work will be automated

And who, precisely, is doing the automation? You do understand that to get to automation there is tons of machining and architecturing and software development. Robotic assembly lines dont build themselves.

Also, removing the womb bottleneck from humanity doesn't lessen men's value, it removes the *only* value that females inherently offer. Not a winning plan but, hey, knock yourself out.

Reminds me of the Atlas Shrugged cartoon.
>>
>>95116303
I think Mosaic was the most underrated release of the year so far. And what's wrong with that guy's post? He wanted more diversity, so he created a new character. That's what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>95123632

And the reason a new character failed in this stagnant market where no new characters survive, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, is that comicbook consumers are massive racists.

Thats what wrong with the post.
>>
>>95123224
Word yo, preach. I actually like and grew up on some of the pic related and their race/gender/whatever was never treated as a top-trumps style attribute
>>
>>95123630
that gave me a good chuckle.
>Reminds me of the Atlas Shrugged cartoon.
I don't anon yours was 10x as funny and didn't read like self righteous trash.
>>
File: watermelon silencer.jpg (176KB, 1114x574px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon silencer.jpg
176KB, 1114x574px
>>95117595
The radioactive watermelon didn't bite him, it mixed in with his brain when some dummy tried to use it as a silencer.
>>
>>95121303

Its a circlejerk, what do you expect? Them to have the courage of actually disagreeing with each other or with the company they are shilling?

No, its far easier to play white people on your own failures. Tradeoff is the more you do that to score points within your circle, more of a delusional asshole you seem to the rest of the world.
>>
File: landis.jpg (256KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
landis.jpg
256KB, 800x533px
>>95119414
>Professional writers scanning every nook and cranny of the internet to start fights with randos over their creations
This shit is so fucking pathetic.

Reminds me that one time someone offhandedly remarked that Max Landis' American Alien was bad on the Super Best Friends Play subreddit of all places and Landis himself replied with some passive-aggressive garbage like "I would like to see your notes on it" or something and the guy immediately backtracked.
>>
>>95121909
Nah, they won't. As long as Marvel continues to make merch money (and it will), it will remain Ike's little funhouse.
>>
>>95120127
>Remember when Native American was the go-to meme minority? RIP them.
They're too small to be vocal enough now. Just been left by the wayside.
>>
>>95123590
>LGBT characters I loved
Like who? Pied Piper?
>>
>>95123837

Movie and merch-side of Marvel are separate from the Comic department though. Really its the Star Wars comics that keep the Marvel comics on life-support, not the license itself.
>>
>>95123903
Northstar I guess.
>>
>>95123590
>Characters that are popular get more exposure
>Characters that are not as popular get less exposure
>More people get upset when popular characters lose exposure due to less popular characters than vice versa
What a concept.
>>
>>95120444
Victor's a robot. Also, dead.
>>
Uh what's wrong with booster? and what was the supposed "redacted" description of him? Booster had great moments in his solo run,52 and JLI
>>
>>95117332
Possessing people, gaining their skills and memories and being able to use them when possessing someone else, and also being used as a plot device.
>>
>>95117573
I liked it, honestly. His two-issues-arc against Diablo was eh, though.
>>
>>95123801
Probably the fried chicken that bite him then. I think he also fell into a pool of grits.
>>
>>95124018
>and what was the supposed "redacted" description of him?

I'm assuming he was trying to faux-curse, which just adds to the list of reasons he's a faggot.
>>
File: GW199H154.jpg (18KB, 377x537px) Image search: [Google]
GW199H154.jpg
18KB, 377x537px
>>95116303
>hating on Booster Gold
Don't ever let him come close to your offices, DC.
>>
>>95121913
Those new x-books have some crazy attrition drops right now. Blue and Gold are selling worse than superman and wonder woman, and are only on their 7th issues.
>>
>>95124413
Blue is surprisingly reaching the Top 10 in Comixology every month.
>>
>>95124456
How is X-men Gold/Blue anyway? Blue is the O-5 right?
>>
>>95124466
No idea, I don't read Marvel.
>>
>>95124488
Same, I usually just read what's posted on /co/ and the critically claimed America book.
>>
>>95124456
That's not really an accomplishment though. Infamous Iron Man makes the Top 5 or Top 10 in both Comixology.eu and Comixology.com every time a new issue is released.
>>
>Marvel thread
>for no reason, some white trash spouts neo-Nazi memes
>answers to posts that are many hours old because he needs attention so much
Marvel, solve your problems soon. I want /pol/ scum off my board.
>>
>>95124542
>That's not really an accomplishment
It is if the book sucks. Yeah, I know that trash usually sells well but these last months there have been many decent to good books in the Top 10 from DC, at least.
>>
>>95124571
Eh, Blue is good enough. The cast is awful, but it's standard super-hero stuff. What really surprises me is Infamous selling so "well". It gets no press, never gets brought up by anyone, no fan-art, nothing, but still does better digitally than Invincible and is just 5k copies behind in floppies. It's no hot seller, but it sells about the same as Stark's books,and for all of the Ree-Ree shilling, she can't do that much better. Mks u thnk...
>>
>>95118399
MILES
I
L
E
S
>>
File: 1193768-1147616_guy_7.jpg (25KB, 246x360px) Image search: [Google]
1193768-1147616_guy_7.jpg
25KB, 246x360px
>>95116303
>That doesn't happen for minority characters and minority characters don't get nearly any of the shots white characters do in the first place
>>
>>95123945
But it's all a self-fulfilling prophecy isn't it? Those characters are known because they get constantly used, pushed everywhere or have fanboys in positions to use them. To use some Marvel examples, Luke Cage and Jessica Drew were obscure D-List characters at best until Bendis became a big name writer at Marvel, started using them in everything and now they're mainstream mainstays in the MU.

Or look at X-23 who was loved by editorial/Quesada and has been published in books consistently since her debut in NYX. There's not a situation where she's spent years not being used, dead or reduced to small cameo roles.
>>
File: America-Joe-Quinones-Hitler.jpg (628KB, 1256x725px) Image search: [Google]
America-Joe-Quinones-Hitler.jpg
628KB, 1256x725px
>>95118399
Usually they fuck up this shit, why would you want to be included?
>>
>>95124621
I think Infamous is done at #12, and the last issue just pulled a "Fuck you for thinking this was a cool premise" in typical Bendis fashion.
>>
>>95124746
Yeah, it was always intended as a Maxi. It'sinteresting though, how a series with no press whatsoever is neck and neck with its "sibbling", which gets TONS of press.
>>
OH! BIG TIME! (I think?) THE GUY WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SPIDER-MAN'S PROTEGE! He was a literal blonde haired blue-eyed kid yet majority of the minoriteens in Marvel had more chances than him
>>
>>95124960
wait not Big Time, his name was Alpha. I'm fucking stupid
>>
>>95124979
>>95124960
Big Time was the name of his mini
>>
>>95121768
If your reasoning is that all works are legalized fani fiction then what you said is:

>this fanfic writer makes better fan fiction than this fanfic writer because one makes fan fiction and the other makes fan fiction too.
simplified for us the lesser autists as
>this writer is better than this writer because they both write
>>
>>95120444
schrödinger dinosaur
depowered
dead
>>
>>95124466
Memberberries Gold is a boring comics with bland art
Memberberries Blue, as much as it pains me to admit, can be entertaining
>>
>>95124659

Not every character becomes a hit just by ramming him down peoples' throats. Look at Cyborg. DC puts him in everything they possibly could, year after year, and he never goes anywhere because people don't give a shit about him outside that old TT cartoon.
>>
>>95125808
Cage and Jessica aren't hits either.
>>
>>95121344
>Slott has an award for being a Jew

Wew
>>
>>95121587
>Anonymity instantly makes /co/ better than any forum, because it lets us be as brutally honest and sincere as we want.

So then you actually DO like /pol/...?
>>
>>95121480
Rich the Leech made people aware of our existence with that article about the letter in America
>>
>>95121345
What's wrong with how Johns writes females?
>>
>>95125808
That's true but what character do you think has the better shot of succeeding? The one pushed by editors and popular writers or the one who may be written better but is practically invisible because they're ignored by the company?

If Mosaic got the same push that Kamala got do you think he might have had a better chance of succeeding? What if there was a Northstar solo and he was made one of the main X-Men and put on the Avengers and given prominent roles, do you think he'd be in a better position than he is?
>>
File: 1504037425235.gif (844KB, 268x278px) Image search: [Google]
1504037425235.gif
844KB, 268x278px
Do these people even realize why all these old white character's are iconic and beloved? Here's a hint: it's not because they're white, It' in spite of it. every other character was white at the time. In order to become popular and beloved, you needed to have a good gimmick and a good character. You couldn't sell something based on skin color like this faggot is trying to do.
>>
File: 1478352351970.png (100KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
1478352351970.png
100KB, 376x260px
>>95121763
>>95120127
>>95118399
>>95116346
>WHY NOT X?

I'm sure any plan to increase diversity that causes minorities to gut each other for the chance to be in the top spot is a good plan to increase diversity.
>>
>>95121345
>also has written good Batman stories

This is the only believable argument for saying Slott is better than Johns in some way, only because Slott's Batman Adventures (or whatever the cartoon title was called by then) was better than Johns' Batman.

Other than that, all the other arguments for claiming Slott is a better writer than Johns are weak as fuck.
>>
>>95117514
/co/ might be full of Boosterfags but you're a massive newcunt, STFU faggot.
>>
>>95124368
He refuses to read DC so you're good.
>>
File: 1411164227073.jpg (58KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1411164227073.jpg
58KB, 704x528px
>>95116303
>dissing Howard the Duck and Booster Gold in the same post.
>>
>>95116303
Just read the full thread.
I can't believe the load of crap I just read.
Every single time someone critiques Marvel's awful writing and planning there is a guy ready so shout about id politics, when the op didn't mention them once.

Also, kudos to that salty x-fag that keeps reminding how much of a fuck up Marvel did on the x-line.
>>
>>95124960
100% guarantee that if he had been created a couple of years later he would have been a minority and still be getting pushed down people's throat despite being just as unsuccessful.
>>
>>95127233
>when the op didn't mention them once.
The image in the op did.
>>
File: 1502698849455s.jpg (2KB, 98x124px) Image search: [Google]
1502698849455s.jpg
2KB, 98x124px
>>95116303
>Shitting on our Lord and Savior, Booster Gold
>>
>>95127233
So you just going to ignore the author claiming his book failed because the protagonist wasn't white?
>>
>>95127233
And here comes the contrarian fag
>>
>>95127321
>>95127511
I think he meant the OP of the CBR thread
>>
>>95127321
>>95127511
>>95127549
pretty sure he's talking about the CBR thread, anons, not this one
>>
>>95116346
Black is the only diversity that counts to these people
it's because niggers whine more than any other race
>>
>>95123630
The limpwristed pseudohuman mutant bulldogs who keep on making play adaptations of the SCUM manifesto and the vagoo dialogues should try putting on a classic like the Ekklesiazousai.
>now with women in power everyone will be free
>but who will till the soil?
>The slaves of course.
I'd pay to see them froth at the old greeks parody alone.
>>
File: 1491880258304.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1491880258304.gif
458KB, 256x256px
Jesus christ /co/
Why do any of you read cape comics?
It seems like the character of these characters don't matter to any of the writers
only how that character can push an agenda matters to them
This is lower than video game writing
>>
>>95119731
yeah but mosaic was cucked by a female asian so the stereotype was reversed
>>
>>95127511
Sorry, anon, I meant the original poster of the CBR thread, not this one.
The author is a complete moron; Mosaic failed because racism, but Hyperion did because it was a poor book.
Elitims at its finest.
>>
>>95122204
Asians are able to work hard and achieve their goals without bitching on social media
Therefore they are not useful pawns in the culture war
>>
>>95120275
>>95121312
Ok that's bullshit John's is nowhere near as mediocre as slott honestly I'd say he's a slightly less edgy Millar tier writer
>>
>>95127714
I don't

There's no stories for story's sake anymore - every new thing has to be internally consistent with 1000's of other books made by 100's of other people, it has to reference events and characters in those 1000's of books, all while trying to do the impossible and inject some kind of novelty into every new issue.

The blame for this is on the cape industry, but it also falls squarely on the diehard fans too. They're the ones that wanted continuity, they're the ones that kept artificially inflating sales every time universes rubbed shoulders in the early days, and now it's all just one big morass. Without being chained to canon, cape stories would have had the flexibility required to remain relevant. But it's like when MCU fans come walking into a comic book shop for the first time, what do they see? Thor's a woman, the Hulk is dead, Captain America's been turned into a goldfish or some shit, and the only way to make sense of any of it is to buy $60 worth of trades, or hunt down backissues, and who wants to do that? Forget it, it's not worth it. The landscape as it exists right now caters exclusively to those people who have no problem dropping 30 bucks at the LCS every wednesday, who have longboxes at home, and who can quote you a series and an issue for any given event like an evangelist can quote the bible.

I gave up on reading comics about 3 years ago because of it, and frankly, I cannot wait for these publishers to learn this the hard way.
>>
File: 1504119486635.png (219KB, 328x355px) Image search: [Google]
1504119486635.png
219KB, 328x355px
>>95124127
>radioactive fried chicken
>pool of grits
kek
>>
>>95124626
He is not latino at all, he has been build as just black and nothing else.
>>
>>95120275
Imagine, JUST imagine being a Mosaic shill while trying to badmouth Booster Gold.

Can a shill go any lower?
>>
>>95123954
he is an android him mom is hispanic and theres no such thing as death
>>
>>95118399
>Why not Hispanic male? We never get any representation

what? you guys get the best representation
>>
>>95127657
>>95116346
Literally every thread. Everyone post with 'why' should be banned
>>
>>95118399
Kyle Rayner is hispanic
>>
>>95126794
>Northstar
>one of the main X-Men
I mean, he was with the X-Men for a good whil and no one complained simply because he was just another one of them. There was literally no reason for the whole bullshit with iceman.
>>
>hating on Booster

Over the fucking line.
>>
>>95121360
I need proof. There's no way.
>>
>>95116557
>Mettle
>Reptil
In fairness, while they may be minorities, their superpowers involve "being a giant red skull man" and "being a dinosaur", respectively.
>>
>Inhuman introduced right in the thick of the X-Men/F4 purge
>obvious agenda forcing that is also comically tone-deaf by being a stereotype
>despite being "all new," is basically just aping the abilities of an already established character from another company
>pushed as the new big hit star hero that everyone is going to want to read about but we're never given a good reason why we should care about him
>five dollars and ninety-nine cents American for ~20 pages of content (not including the ads on every other page)

Mosaic's failure has nothing to do with "racism."
>>
>>95129333
Just looked it up, guy I responded to was lying. It won for best teen publication.
>>
>>95116346
Blacks are the only important race.
>>
>>95121303
None of them are as crazy as that skyvolt2000 guy, I'll give them that.
>>
>>95116346
Diversity=More Blacks

>Wow, this comic is really diverse!=Wow, this comic has black people in it!
>>
>>95121777

I disagree, she fought with mutants to help save everyone.
>>
>>95130589
Nobody cares
>>
>>95129221
Not an argument sweetie
>>
>>95130842
Saying something is spammed and needs to be banned isn't an argument. Its a statement.
>>
>>95130885
you can try tumblr or reddit if you don't like wrongthink
>>
>>95131061
Are you trying to say reddit and tumblr don't ban spam? Are you implying 4chan hasn't banned spammed before?
>>
>>95131114
Wrongthink isn't the same as spam, sweetie.
>>
>>95130566
>Diversity=More Blacks

Or women that isn't used as sex appeal.
>>
>>95118399
>We never get any representation

Except for Spiderman - but who the hell every heard of that obscure character?
>>
>>95131287
Nope. Just blacks. No one cares if the women are white. They could be gay and still wouldn't matter.
>>
>>95116303
This is why black character don't deserve books.
>>
>>95131962
>No one cares if the women are white.

Except for 4chan.
>>
>>95131207
>sweetie
Limpwrist posting should be banned on sight.
>>
>>95131287
Careful, James Cameron, they're coming to get you.
>>
>>95116303
>the number of minority characters is what makes them a minority
>trying to rationalize quantity over quality by not arguing for showcasing minority characters that already exist

fuck this stupid shitbag moron
>>
>>95117514
>characterfagging

lol cool buzzword and non argument you got there.

IMAGINE!!! there are people who read comic books because they like CHARACTERS!! truly these losers are falsely claiming they're the reason that stories exist in the first place!
>>
>>95120244
pay David Attenborough to read this out loud
>>
>>95121270
liberals are not leftists. they are right of center laissez faire capitalists who use identity politics to divide people along lines of alienated labor.

just throwin that out there
>>
>>95116303
>get chance to write a black character he created
>"Well, black characters don't get chances likes SOLO and FOOLKILLER, those characters have chances all the time"
>>
>>95129267
White hispanic, and the hispanic thing was as random and out of nowhere as Dick Grayson being Roma all of a sudden.
>>
>>95123224
>>95123735
Bishop's sister's name is Shard. She was in X-Factor before Alex Summers was sent to an alternate reality for the Mutant X comic
>>
File: 1500050597520.png (566KB, 890x388px) Image search: [Google]
1500050597520.png
566KB, 890x388px
>>95117514
>>
>>95117551
It's almost like the market dictates what lasts and what doesn't.
>>
>>95123932

Hasn't he only been gay for maybe a decade?
>>
I actually liked Mosaic.
>>
>>95116303
Makes me glad when shitty books like Mosaic failed. Gives be hope and faith in humanity. ;^)
>>
>>95130786

I do.
>>
>>95132013
Sorry you can't censor everything that upsets you, sweetie. Maybe NeoGAF would be more your speed.
>>
>>95133192
You do know South Park made a whole episode about retards like you, right?
>>
>>95117514
>Liking a character is characterfagging
No, characterfagging is a very specific term. For one it has to be someone doing some "NOT MUH" bullshit, which is actually something the guy who wrote Mosaic was doing with Booster. For another it's about obsessively buying the books of a character, which we know no one on /co/ does.
>>
>>95133290
lol

>let me present to you an episode of a cartoon as legitimate refutation

wew lad.
>>
>>95116303
Firstly, Inhumans suck. No one likes them. No matter what Ike tells you. The only exception is Kamala. And even then she was ruined.

Second, he was boring. His powers were boring and so was his backstory. He should have been more like Kamala.
>>
>>95133414
>the creators of south park are comedians that have no stake in politics other than to satirize everything because that's their job?
>being this retarded that you don't notice when Matt and Trey are making fun of you

Pfffthahahahahhahahaha!!!!!

Oh wait? You're serious? Let me laugh harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>95116346
Because journalists don't care about non-black minorities. They try to make Asian and Latino characters but comic journalists don't care and don't give them attention. And even then, they only care when a minority is wearing another person's mantle. Which is sad because characters like Silk and Bunker need more love.
>>
>>95127511
He said the character didn't get the opportunities that white characters will get because most writers and people higher are up fanboys and will thus push the characters they like who mostly happen to be white.
>>
File: 1502412202504.jpg (41KB, 489x750px) Image search: [Google]
1502412202504.jpg
41KB, 489x750px
this the website full of pussies that got triggered by that rape scene in the GOT comic right? lol I´m gonna there to post Berserk and Crossed
>>
>>95116303
>not a stereotype
He's a goddamn basketball player
>>
>>95133906
Yep. CBR is the worst. Though it is funny to see some of them turn on marvel writers. Don't think I'd ever see the day.
>>
>>95133936
And his power is stealing/kidnapping/snatching people's bodies.
>>
>>95132428
Dick being in the circus makes him being Roma not that far fetched
>>
>>95124127
anon how dare you

grits are a southerner thing
as a northern black man Mosaic obviously fell into a pool of kool aid
>>
>>95133905

His character simply wasn't cool enough. Nick Fury turned black thanks to Samuel Jackson bringing a whole new exciting angle on the character. And people were fine with the change because the skin color doesn't fucking matter, character itself does.

If he wants people to appreciate his black characters so fucking much, then he should quit writing them as walking propaganda pieces and write them as engaging and interesting human beings.
>>
>>95134760
but people think Nick Fury Jr is fucking stupid and the means we got Nick Fury Jr was stupider.
>Black Guy
>Friends With Guy
>OH NO DAD IS ACTUALLY NICK FURY
>MOM DED
>KIDNAPPED BY BAD GUYS
>THEY POKE OUT MY EYE
>DAD SAVES THE DAY
>my Friend?
>He was Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phil Coulson all along
>and with my eye patch I now look like Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury
>We are Nick Fury and Phil Coulson just in time for Avengers 2010
>>
>>95134827
They thought OG Fury would be too weird for the movie people, back when they went full sinergy. It was meant ro be retarded.
I did not really hate Coulson, he was kinda like Hydra Bob, a more down to earth Shield/Hydra employee. Doesn't matter anymore, because he is dead now, unless they pull an AoS on the comics
>>
>>95117385
>Nobody gives a shit about the Inhumans
But Kamala was an Inhuman and her comics sold just fine.
>>
>>95135356
Kamala was written before the whole "Ditch the mutants, push Inhumans to generate as much new IP/OCs as possible. We'll fling so much shit at this wall something will have to stick." idea Marvel had.
>>
File: Battle Scar.jpg (2MB, 2953x4609px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Scar.jpg
2MB, 2953x4609px
>>95134827
How could you not like Battle Scars?
>>
>>95116303
>there is no one in all of comic books like Morris
There's Prodigy.
>>
>>95133936
This is from the same writer who said that the Inhumans work better as an allegory for and mean more to POC than the X-Men do.
>>
>>95135028
Bringing in a character from movies, tv, cartoons etc isn't really a problem as long as they don't derail shit. Like when they introduced Claire from Smallville on DC.

Now when they're brought in as replacement for instance... yeah.
>>
>>95129498
Erica Henderson is an eisner award winning artist. I can't find the picture but she has two einers.
>>
>>95137608
>Best Publication for Teens (ages 13-17)

>The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, by Ryan North and Erica Henderson (Marvel)
>>
>>95137665
She's still an eisner award winning artist. Only proving how low the eisners have fallen.
>>
>>95136896
Which just shows he knows fuck all about the Inhumans or the X-Men, since the Inhumans were always more about eugenics.
>>
>>95132652
GET OUT
>>
>>95116303
god I miss the days when somebody professional whined like a lil bitch it wasn't to the public for everyone to see
>>
>>95134569
Must be that new "terragenesis" flavour.
No one likes it so they've been using it to clean pool filters.
>>
>>95116303
Karnak had nothing to do with racism, sexism or homophobia.

It was just a shit edgy comic featuring a borderline mary sue
>>
>>95133543
Impressive that you're losing to a cartoon
>>
>>95136896
Where did he actually say that?
>>
>>95116303
If you like Booster Gold you are literally a Nazi and should be punched in the head.
>>
>>95139321
Should've done the troll post earlier, slowpoke
>>
>>95134827
>>95135729
It's sad. They had to perfect opportunity to bring Ultimate Fury (the good black Fury) into 616 with Secret Wars if they had only waited.
>>
>>95127714
I read online before buying it nowadays, like recently with the flinstones.
>>
>>95132038
I understood this reference.
>>
>>95133290
>>95133603

What did he say?
>>
>>95120525
No one cares enough about the character to know for certain.
>>
>>95139299
impressive that you think this is losing
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.