[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In 2013 Saga won the three Eisner Awards it was nominated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg (68KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg
68KB, 300x462px
>In 2013 Saga won the three Eisner Awards it was nominated for: Best Continuing Series, Best New Series and Best Writer.[72] That same year, the Vol. 1 trade paperback won the 2013 Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story.[73] The series was also nominated for seven 2013 Harvey Awards and won six of those: Best Writer, Best Artist, Best Color, Best New Series, Best Continuing or Limited Series, and Best Single Issue or Story.

/lit/ here
Is this really what's considered quality writing in comicbook world? Do you understand now why we laugh at you?
>>
>>95110555
ok
>>
lol you really want me to go dredge up modern literary awards? The Eisners, like all popular awards ceremonies, are a joke.
>>
>>95110555
Comic awards, like all industry awards, is far more industry politics than an actual measure of quality. Saga was the first non-cape book in a while to get a wide casual audience and hyped up as the start of a new era in comics. Its more marketing than it was actual substance, but thats the story for a lot of winners.

Though getting both best continuing and best new in the same year is bullshit even by Eisner standards.
>>
>>95110555
Vaughan is trash, and people who nominate him are trash.
>>
>>95110555

Nobody cares about your pretentions /lit/ go home.
>>
>>95110555
>>
>>95110555
>t. only reads modernist books about depressed white suburban guys contemplating suicide
>>
>>95110555

How did this get so popular? There are countless other graphic novels out there and yet this is the one that got people hooked?
>>
>>95112339
Saga has always been a hit with me. Hey, /lit/ go home I don't care about your opinion.
>>
>>95112865

>thinking your opinion is a testament to a work's quality
>>
Didn't the stick figures "comic" that's just an animation on pages won and a gay parody short story also won?

Don't pay too much attention on awards
>>
>>95110555
I like Saga. fair enough.
>>
File: 1503206054673.jpg (13KB, 313x305px)
1503206054673.jpg
13KB, 313x305px
>>95110555
>mfw /lit/ pretends they aren't just /mu/ with books
>>
>>95110555
>Is this really what's considered quality writing in comicbook world?
Only by retards. Normies see the comic and go "Eeegad! There is penises and gore and swearing in this book! It is as smart and mature as me!". It's the same with Game of Thrones.
>>
>>95112339
It was the return of BKV to comics, got a lot of press and media support hyping it up, and for the most part it lived up to the hype while also releasing at a time where comics had a lot of buzz and were seeing an upswing in new readers.
>>
Does the Endwife (who oddly enough is NOT unnattractive...help me) do what I THINK she does with the aborted babies?
>>
>>95110555
The Eisner Awards has been a joke for a while now.

Fucking Flintstones was snubbed
>>
this was just the hipster race mix pamphlet that the culture police approved

You should read the Flinstones comic for what impresses /co/ in 2017.
No, I'm not kidding. Yaba daba doo, that Flinstones. That's what you're looking for.
>>
>>95110555
>dat post
Quintessential /lit/. Thank you for spreading your learned enlightenment to us lowly illiterate peasants, o noble /lit/eratus! *taps faulkners*
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.