[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>21K So what happened? This book was the hottest new thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_7595.jpg (719KB, 1596x2423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7595.jpg
719KB, 1596x2423px
>21K

So what happened? This book was the hottest new thing as Marvel and now almost a year later it's below average and no one really cares anymore.

Her sales aren't even that good.
>>
>>95107999
A cool costume can only get you so far.
>>
>>95107999
>Her universe is the same Spiderman characters but with a twist, doesnt get explored properly because...
>crossovers with SpiderWoman, Silk and Miles morales, which ends up with...
>They didnt let it be its own thing

Also
>Gwen without the costume is this depressed , barely functioning woman, in a way its too hard to relate to
>Marvel doesnt really promote it, I didnt know it was still running, I tought it was cancelled with Spider Woman
>>
>>95107999
When the ASM film series ended theres been a deep decline in gwen stacy fans,her world is pretty boring most of its characters are just half backed what ifs without depth or anything exiting,plus the relaunch after secret wars burned of a lot of the books momentum

So she lost a chunk of her short term fans from the films,her fans of the book due to it not really going anywhere and even die hards after it got another number 1
>>
Is she still getting BLACKED?
>>
>>95107999
Latour is a shitty writer and Robbie can't draw.
>>
>>95107999
Spider-Gwen was just a fad that ultimately died out like all other fads. Sort of like Marvel's zombie fad. Her costume is somewhat interesting but the story itself is pretty trash.
>>
>>95107999

I'm a fan of the character but I almost never buy floppies. Plus if they're going to cross her over every five minutes, just put her in 616.

I'd really actually enjoy a Spider-Family book that got all of the other spiders involved together without Pete. It might lead to some actual character growth instead of the crap Miles and 2099 are in these days.
>>
>>95107999
a novel concept and nice costume can only take you so far.
>>
>>95107999
no peter in her comic
>>
>>95108172
Please stop acting like dating a black man is a bad thing
>>
Latour is a boring and unfunny writer and the art is ugly
>>
>>95108139
>Daredevil is super evil.
>Black Cat is actually black.
>Punisher is a police officer with stalking and excessive violent tendencies.
>Reed Richards is a black kid.
>Silk is a cult leader, evil organization boss and super genius.
>Rhino got his ass kicked by Punisher.
>The Thing is a pushover.
>MJ is a self-entitled bitch.
>Captain America is black.
>Falcon is some kid.

Those are the least of its problem.
>>
File: herc stare.jpg (11KB, 196x187px) Image search: [Google]
herc stare.jpg
11KB, 196x187px
>>95108480
Its not even that. Gwen is in her early 20s while Miles is about 15 years old. But Bendis gotta Bendis.
>>
>>95107999
The writing and art was shit.
>>
File: internet tough guy.jpg (59KB, 576x344px) Image search: [Google]
internet tough guy.jpg
59KB, 576x344px
>>
>>95108499
These would work if they weren't all in one book and was so unfocused. What is actually the main change in this world? It's obviously not Gwen becoming Spider-Woman because before that happened, Matt Murdock went evil, Black Cat's father was killed by Murdock, Samantha Wilson became Captain America and Peggy Carter is the stand-in for Nick Fury.

Gwen becoming Spider-Woman > Peter becoming the Lizard, MJ being self-entitled and forming a band makes sense as a change because they follow off of changes that could be caused by Gwen being bitten by a radioactive spider. The others just seem like interesting ideas but seems like change for the sake of change.

>Falcon is some kid.
Falcon's a clone of Captain America in this universe.
>>
>>95108521
Nothing happened. It was a Bendis bait and switch.

Did you really think Marvel was ever going to allow either him or Peter to find an actual girlfriend?
>>
>>95108499
Are there any race swaps in this book besides white characters being made black
>>
>>95108584
MUH KEEDS
>>
File: IMG_2534.jpg (252KB, 1040x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2534.jpg
252KB, 1040x750px
>>95107999
Using the latest issue as an example, even the writers want out. 1/3
>>
File: IMG_2535.jpg (544KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2535.jpg
544KB, 1041x1600px
2/3
>>
Her crossing over with the main universe so much is the dumbest shit, and while the comic has some pretty neat concepts for alternate versions of characters, the writing's not that great.
>>
File: IMG_2536.jpg (407KB, 1040x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2536.jpg
407KB, 1040x990px
3/3
>>
>>95110121
>Uatu is alive again
So much for evil Nick Fury Sr. I guess Secret Wars wrote him out of existence.
>>
>>95110232
>Uatu is alive again
>So much for evil Nick Fury Sr. I guess Secret Wars wrote him out of existence.

Earth-65 Uatu
>>
>>95110255
Didn't notice it was spelled Utau as well.
>>
>>95110138
>Earth-8
>>
>>95110332
kek, but this isnt dc.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.