[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Most fully developed Flash >Went through more character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: Wally.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Wally.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>Most fully developed Flash
>Went through more character development in the last 25 years than any other JL member
>Pushed to the side as a random character in a random C list comic where he fights over a woman
Should DC just kill him once and for all with a proper death? What is the point of keeping him around if they aren't going to do anything with him?
>>
File: Faster than Wally 2.jpg (2MB, 1988x3156px) Image search: [Google]
Faster than Wally 2.jpg
2MB, 1988x3156px
>>95088033
>slower than Superman
>>
>>95088033
Well look at it this way, at least he's actually around now.
>>
>>95088127
Superman is talking shit. He couldn't even beat Barry in a race, of course he would lose to the man who was faster than Barry.
>>
>>95088033
Brought him back because Johns likes him. And fan whining. I disagree with everything you say because Wally is a blank character always being character resetted.
>>
>>95088127
Superman was clearly just messing around there. There's no need for you to get triggered.
>>
One thing I hate about modern Flash is how quicklykek everyone learns to go super fast. We got to see Wally train and learn over the course of decades. Barry somehow gets a reset and yet him and his black sidekick learn to go light speed in only a few months, it's bullshit and leaves out so much build up.
>>
>>95088285
>I disagree with everything you say because Wally is a blank character always being character resetted.

This is literally the most untrue thing you could say about Wally. Every single person who wrote him wrote him with the idea of progressing him from where the last writer left off very explicitly. Even Baron did a lot of followup on Wally's things like his fear of poverty from what he saw in Barry's trial and whatnot.

Development does not mean being "reset."
>>
>>95088033
They should kill Barry in the next big event
>>
>>95088562
They should but they wont. They want to turn Barry into a meme loving "geek" character to sell on T-shirts.
>>
>>95088604
M8, shut up. That's just the TV show.
>>
>>95088033
I say get rid of the flash wannabes and keep barry.
>>
>>95088644
And the upcoming movie. You don't realize that these companies care more about that than the comics.
>>
>>95088033
I don't think they should kill Wally after bringing him back. It would be a waste and piss off his fans.

I will get flamed for saying this but there is no reason why Barry and Wally can't both be the Flash at the same time.
>>
>>95088033
I still like Barry better and I'm glad that they brought him back.
>>
>>95088725
And to continue my post, they need to find a new mantle for Wally fast before he become even more irrelevant.
>>
>>95088693
You don't read comics, stop backpedaling and fuck off
>>
>>95088725
I'm sure you like eating glue more than pudding, too, but that doesn't make it the right choice.
>>
>>95088790
Oh so you're just a faggot troll then.

Barry needs a new fucking title then. Jay's the one true original Flash.
>>
>>95088811
I have no idea where this offense comes from. I have read everything from Silver age to Rebirth. Barry is being presented as a geek nerd in the shows and movie.
>>
>>95088725
>I like Barry so I am happy they brought him back and fucked him up
If you like modern Barry than you don't actually like Barry.
>>
>>95089177
"I like Barry?"

"Why?"

They then always proceed to list a bunch of shit that Barry lifted from Wally. Or, inevitably, "he's nice!" when they've got nothing else.
>>
>>95089252
But which Barry do you like? Silver age Barry is not the same as modern Barry.
>>
>>95088982
Wew lad.

Wally fans are sure easily triggered.
>>
>>95089341
His fans are super defensive. They quick to call you a "troll" If you aren't "muh wally".
>>
>>95089399
>Troll
No, a ton of fans just started watching because of the CW shit show. I know a lot of Barry fans are just casual shits.
>>
>>95089341
>Say something stupid
>Get corrected
>SO DEFENSIVE
I want you casuals to leave.
>>
>>95089341
>Wally fans
You mean Flash fans who actually started reading the comic before New 52 aka, everyone who isn't a newfag.
>>
Well can you blame people for not caring for either Wally these days? Barry practically stole all of his speed force shit from Johns era, and it's not like Zolomon can pop up to kill Wally's kids again
>>
>>95089715
Yeah but NuBarry and his stories are just so boring. Black wally is more interesting.
>>
>>95089749
I like how the writers are letting Black Wally become his own character.

The only problem is dealing with trolls who feel like Black Wally is getting a push.

Character development is not the same as getting a push.
>>
>>95088033
>random character

He is basically the lead of the Titans
>>
>>95090355
He was at first, now he is just another member.
>>
>>95088033
>Wally West: I'M NOT A NIGGER

What Geoff Johns mean by this?
>>
>>95090581
He runs like one.
>>
>>95088562
Barry should never have been brought back in the first place. There's no fixing the damage that decision did now. I'd rather they just give different stuff for both Flashs to do instead of needing to focus on one while sidelining the other.
>>
>>95090581
Marv Wolfman mad Wally a cosmervative in this TT run.
>>
>>95088033
It's still a step up from what they did before, where they just totally erased him and replaced him with a black dude with the same name and none of the character.
>>
I grew up with Wally as Flash thanks to the DC Animated Universe, but since I only started reading comics later on I'm more familiar with Barry as Flash in those.
Anyone know where do I start reading his run as the Flash? I read Crisis on Infinite Earths already, but I mean when he starts being Flash in his solo book. A number or at least a story arc I should look for.
I'm not particuarly interested in his time as Kid Flash unless there's some really good stories there, because I'm more interested in him as Flash.
>>
>>95091349
Read Mike Baron/Messner-Loebs runs for classic asshole Wally
Then read Waid and Johns run
>>
>>95091349
Start with eather Baron or if you really want you can skip to Waids run which is considered the best which starts with "Born to run".
>>
>>95088724
There is in that as long as Barry is around Wally gets pushed to the side and as far as I'm concerned Wally is THE Flash. Everything that defines the Flash comes from Wally and his stories, decades of shitty, boring Barry stories don't change that.
>>
File: 4766710-vz29in1.jpg (235KB, 1131x548px) Image search: [Google]
4766710-vz29in1.jpg
235KB, 1131x548px
>>95088203
Would he? Presenting evidence.

Superman has no Speed Force to remove the side effect of hi speed, thus he limit himself in an atmosphere.

When they race Superman usually runs, and he flies much faster than he can move on foot.

Flash has acted and reacted in way too fast for Superman to perceive, but in this pic you can see why. Superman simply doesn't see the world that way all the time like Flash, but he can if he chooses to.

Thus, Superman is faster than the Flash.
>>
>>95088033
To be fair he's fighting over Donna Troy. Who wouldn't want to smash that?
>>
>>95088604
Fuck you, Barry's been a geek since the 1950s.
>>
>>95088492
Utter bs. Once he changes he ner reflects back on it.

Wally fans can't handle their character being gone. How effeminate.
>>
>>95094219
What was the run this was from?
>>
>>95088033
No, DC and all comics should stop with the copy paste protege. The whole appeal of superpowers is the uniqueness they grant the user, but the speed force lets in more speedsters than a $2 whore lets drug addicts in between her legs. We don't need 9001 flashes.
>>
Wally was DC taking a chance and being creative. We all know modern DC isn't like that.
>>
>>95094931
Oh wait, I forgot that I don't read comics and should fuck off.
>>
>>95094188
I think the flash is about pacing on the mantle and moving forward. Wally didn't have to come back but Barry coming back was retarded. We need a new fucking flash.
>>
>>95094219
That is some shit logic.
Superman can't go as fast as the Flash because he doesn't have the speed force and therefore the laws of physics themselves stop him from going as fast as a Flash.
>>
>>95095856

I like barry and glad he is staying.
>>
File: Your tastes.gif (685KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Your tastes.gif
685KB, 500x281px
>>95096123
>>
>>95096160

I honestly support barry mostly just because of how angry wallyfags are. Even if new flash movie is a complete mess, I'm still going to go to it.

I hate you faggots that much.
>>
>>95096168
>I hate fans of the comic for some reason and want the comic and movie to be shit so no one is happy
Ok anon.
>>
>>95096168
Well you got your wish anon, the comic, the TV show and the movie are all bad.
>>
>>95096199

Not at all, I'm all for interesting barry stories. I just enjoy you being unhappy more.
>>
>>95096217

I still like the show, comic hasn't been amazing but I still get some enjoyment here and there. Not sure how movie's going to go but wallyfag rage makes up for all weaknesses with pure schadenfreude.
>>
>>95096224
>i'm all for interesting barry stories
But those haven't been written in 30 years. So we both have to deal with shit.
>>
>>95096254
>I still like the show
So >>95096160
was right. You just like eating shit.
>>
>>95096254
>You have to be a Wallyfag to not be happy that the flash hasn't been good in years
I know CW newfags think that anyone who isn't a newfag must be a Wallyfag but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>95096168
>>95096254
I hope we all get nuked and die so that way you are dead. Also I will now cut off my nose.
>>
>>95096314
They are becoming a majority on /co/ thanks to /tv/.
>>
>>95096389
Whenever someone says "wallyfag" it's instantly a confirmation that they are a butthurt /tv/ fag that just got into The Flash.
>>
>>95088033
Bart got fucked harder
>>
>Can't have a Wally thread without butthurt CW kids mad that people don't like their shit show
>>95096830
Bart was killed before he had a chance to shine so he doesn't have a ton of fans either.
>>
>>95088492
literately not true
Waid didn't continue Wally's personality that Baron and Messner-Loebs developed but wrote him as a self-insert, and then Johns basically threw out what Waid did to make him "cool"
>>
>>95094219
This exact comic ended in Barry punking him about how much faster he is than Supes because Grounded was all about trying to show people "see? Superman isn't that overpowered!"

Grounded was trash, admittedly.
>>
>>95097833
Yes he did, what? Wally was still the brash doofus when Waid started his run. He mellowed out over YEARS of writing the comic, like most asshole young adults do when they start to settle down.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.