[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7 QvnhJgeA Do you believe in god?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: fixed_that_for_you.gif (798KB, 499x250px) Image search: [Google]
fixed_that_for_you.gif
798KB, 499x250px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

Do you believe in god?
>>
>>95086883
wtf I hate xavier renegade angel now
>>
>>95086980
why?
>>
File: 1454599291520.jpg (50KB, 389x681px) Image search: [Google]
1454599291520.jpg
50KB, 389x681px
>>95086883
Define God.

If we choose it to mean that it is any power which is both higher than humanity and sentient, then we must then ask about the nature of sentience and how we may prove its existence in others. Because self-consciousness is only observable in one's self, and can only be inferred in others, "God" is inherently unobserable. We could be standing right next to such a being and see only a natural object of immense power, and take all attempts at communication to us as just natural phenomena. The Sun could be a God, for example, and its various cycles and ejections could be communication, but we'd never consider it as such. To assume that "God", if it exists, would be comprehensible to its creations is the height of hubris. Humans are not comprehensible to dogs, nor any of our computers or constructs.

On the other hand, if you want to define God based on specific Holy Books, then you get wrapped into debates regarding inconsistencies of those Holy Books and misunderstand them as primary sources rather than secondary accounts of individual EXPERIENCES with 'God'. It's sort of like how Plato is a secondary account of Socrates. To doubt the existence of God, or Socrates, for that reason is suspect; but you are free to make that argument. Perhaps just as Socrates as Plato describes him never existed, so too might a 'God' as the Holy Books describe him not exist - but that once again brings up the impossibility of true knowledge about beings beyond yourself. You assume, infer, misunderstand, and fill in gaps.

I'd like to talk to you more about this, OP. Perhaps you'd be interested in subscribing to my Youtube channel.
>>
>>95087660
because he is a contrarian little shit
>>
>>95086883
BURP GOD'S NOT REAL MORTY
>>
File: what.gif (1005KB, 220x260px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
1005KB, 220x260px
>>95089396
>>
>>95086883
>now i understand!
>>
File: Capture.png (54KB, 1001x482px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54KB, 1001x482px
>>95087981
>Define God

okay
>>
>>95087981
But, what, harks the angels. When, their angled anals are set to flight?
>>
>>95090186
It helps no one to be reductive
>>
>>95090338
>what is ockham's razor
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.