[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lets retroactively ruin the previous series by making the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: Airbenders.png (122KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Airbenders.png
122KB, 444x250px
>Lets retroactively ruin the previous series by making the airbender genocide completely pointless. Just bring back the airbenders with uhhhhhh magic!
How can anyone defend this?
>>
Yeah, it's not like the Avatar literally exist to have power that can accomplish what amounts to miracles or something, it's not like the Avatar is in the series title or the main focus of the story or anything...
>>
>>95083243
>let's keep a 4-party system down to 3 parties because it's not like those shows have some shallow message about balance or anything
Korra was shit in a lot of ways but this makes sense thematically that something like this would happen.
>>
>>95083297
First post best post

People who hate TLOK are so fucking stupid!
>>
Can you stop? You've been bitching about Korra for days now, we fucking get it.
>>
The air nomads are dead. The episode showed Tenzin that those days are gone and that these new people have a different way of approaching the culture while at the same time going back to their roots of going around and helping people.
>>
>>95083243
Does anyone defend it?
>>
>let 1 of the 4 main Bending styles die out forever
For fucks sake, there was an entire episode in ATLA dedicated to the argument on how a culture should be celebrated/revived. Aang clearly knew there was an interest in bringing back the Air Tribe culture, and wanted them to do it right.
>>
>>95083243
Something something the world wants to get back to a state of balance something four nations something more balance
>>
>>95083333
years*
>>
>>95083357

No, nobody defended it. No idea what OP is on about.
>>
>>95083243
Just a reminder for y'all: Ehasz's vision for this was WORSE. (At least according to the rumors: Aang was apparently to meet hidden airbenders.)
>>
File: 1503792471412.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1503792471412.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
>>95083316
I can tell this is sarcasm. But fuck that's still cringe.
>>
>>95084810
Wouldn't hidden airbenders make sense? They could theoretically survive anywhere in the Earth or Water nations if they didn't use their bending. Even if they used it, honestly. The Air Nation would be gone, but how exactly did the Fire Nation wipe out their entire bloodline to the last anyway?
>>
File: 1490151960872.gif (1MB, 680x570px) Image search: [Google]
1490151960872.gif
1MB, 680x570px
>>95083314
>>95083493
The point was that for all the balance the Avatar had to achieve, if you fuck up something bad enough it STAYS fucked up.

At the same time though they were working gradually to reintroduce Airbenders. Aang popped out kids until he got one, and that kid popped out kids.

But overall there was a message of "balance is important, and if we go too far we may lose it forever". We lost that airbender culture forever. And the impact of that is suddenly lost when you magic-revive the entire culture.

I was going to compare this to jews but that'd make things go /pol/ real quick. On the other hand though...

>>95084810
In the original ATLA or TLOK? If in the original I think I would've been fine with it. A small niche. A final glimmer of hope for a people. Like "The Flower" from Wander over Yonder.

If in TLOK? THat'd be stupid as fuck. Years after the Firenation got whooped and 'then' they come out of hiding, ruining pre-established themes in teh show? blaghk
>>
>>95084810
Eh, that would have been weak, but at least not as contrived as all the Harmonic Convergence bullshit.
>>
>>95084810
Arguably better.
>>
>>95084905
That's a nice headcanon.
>>
>>95084905
In the original ATLA, but not at the very end - it was supposed to be the main plot of Book 4: Air.
>>
>>95083243
Who gives a shit? Avatar has always been absolute shit except for Azula.
>>
>>95085117
She's one of the worst-written characters in a show full of terribly-written characters.
>>
>>95084810
Well if you think about it, historically no races of humans have been completely genocided.
Only time we've completely "wiped out" a race is by interbreeding.
>>
>>95084810
I don't know that could be interesting if that airbender group evolved to be say more prone to violence or something that would give Aang (Or Tenzin if we're talking TLOK) some pause or moral dilemma. It's still not as fan fiction tier as what actually happened in TLOK considering ATLA had visited the concept of hidden societies before with the sun warriors.
>>
>>95085394
>considering ATLA had visited the concept of hidden societies before with the sun warriors.
And that was one of the worst ATLA episodes for a reason. It was like it was written by a 5-year-old.
>>
It would've made more sense that the air acolytes were the majority the new airbenders. They were living like the original air nomads as much as possible. Instead most of them were brown Earth Nation.
>>
>>95085296
Thousands of indigenous Southern American tribes were wiped out due to disease and warfare.
The only vaguely "wiped out by interbreeding" that may exist to our knowledge is native Europeans before a new wave of homo sapiens arrived. But that's still only vaguely because the only the fact that the Basque exist to make us think that. Unless you're talking about Jews?
>>
>>95083297
>Yeah, it's not like the Avatar literally exist to have power that can accomplish what amounts to miracles

They don't.
>>
>>95083314
I'm siding here. It makes sense to bring back the Airbenders, as bullshit as they method may have been, because an underlying theme of the show is that peace can only come through balance. You can't repopulate an entire race with one family.
>>
>>95085440
Yeah. I was kinda hoping those earth air benders were at least descendants of an air bender in their family tree at least.
>>
>>95085412
Ah thank god! I thought I was the only one wondering why there are Mexicans in the show
>>
>>95085537
I do believe that's the popular theory. Especially since Opal looks pretty similar to Malu from the card games and she was a well known airbender to survive and flee to the earth kingdom.
>>
>>95083243
>spirit portals cause people to randomly get airbending
I wonder if it was just airbending, or was there others who randomly got any of the other three bending as well?
>>
>>95085511
Nations are destroyed but not the bloodline. Those people still had kids. People were absorbed into other nations. The air nomads were born with fucking magic universally. The Air Nation could be destroyed, but to destroy every last trace of air bending would grow exceedingly impossible the more the people belonging to that bloodline went into hiding and avoided using their power.
>>
>>95085117
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Azulafag, but come on now. Her main function was to prop-up the arc of that cunt brother of hers.

>>95085254
Even if you think so, Grey DeLisle's voice alone is enough to put her head and shoulders above most of the cast.
>>
>>95085537
Bumi got airbending so it'd make sense
>>
>>95084861
There were hidden air bison, in the fire nation no less. S2 at end of wan arc
>>
>>95085820
Someone's gotta say it: the voice acting for Azula is incredibly overrated.
>>
>>95085955
Still better than the voice acting newbies and warbling children that voiced most of the other teenage characters. Aang and Toph in particular are endaring despite of their voice actors, who are both terrible.

And it's not just the voice acting. Grey's voice itself is just plain sexy.
>>
>>95085955
Grey's voice is like sandpaper on the ears. I don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>95085872
Did you know Lin beifonf is actually the
Daughter of Aang.

You can see that toff was trying to calm herself when she said that Tanto was lin's father so they couldn't tell she was lying.

Aang was scared after bumi and Kya were born and not air benders and katara didn't want to have more kids after 3.
Aang went to drown his sorrows and toff jokingly suggested that he give her a kid. Aang did.
Katarra found out after Tenzin was born.
Which is why toff and Katarra haven't spoken in a very long time
>>
Aang was clearly getting some ass on the side.
>>
File: 1502623691027.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1502623691027.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>95083243
>air nomads
>so highly centralised they were murdered in a single zeppelin pass over their nation
>>
>>95086122
I read on the wiki that they were lured into traps by the Fire Nation throughout the next few decades until eventually all of them were killed.

But that explanation offers more questions than answers
>>
>>95086041
Can you name a VA you actually like, for comparisons sake?
>>
>>95086205
Not him, I like Grey's Azula, but I was just thinking the other day about how many quality VA's the FMA:B dub had
>>
>>95086020
Both Aang and Toph's voice acting is far better than Azula's. Neither sounds like they're trying way too hard.
>>
>>95083243
>Lets retroactively ruin the previous series by making the airbender genocide completely pointless.
It was pointless to begin with.
>>
>>95086122
They were the smallest nation that only lived in 4 specific temples.
>>
>>95086149
The foresight of lemmings they have.
>>
>>95083243
It would have made WAY more sense for them to have found a pocket of air nomads who managed to escape the genocide/were just never found by the Fire Nation. I never understood how the Fire Nation was supposed to have wiped out every single air nomad when they're freaking nomads capable of flight. The portals somehow just making people airbenders was unnecessary for a lot of reasons.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>95086338
>Air nomads
>only live in 4 locations
>>
>>95086449
Funny thing, most cultures we call nomads actually move seasonally through specific semi-permanent settlements, usually following the migration routes or seasonal growth patterns of what they eat/what their livestock grazes on. They move around, but very few move around totally randomly.
>>
>>95085412
>worst episodes
what a horrible take
>>
>>95083243
The problem isn't that this was done.
The problem is HOW it was done.
It should've been Aang using his spirit bending ability to seed some chosen new airbenders.
>>
>>95086295
Not going to die on this hill, but sounding like actual, inexperienced children who have trouble delivering lines is not a good thing when you do the voices of grandiose characters who sound nothing like any actual, flesh and blood children.

Grey's "tryhard" approach works for Azula: the character is ridiculously larger than life, the voice has to match that.
>>
>>95086122
I always called bs on the airbender genocide. Am I supposed to believe they were all located in the temples and that only Aang was away from home that day? And people say Korra has bad writing.
>>
>>95086303
What a retarded contrarian take.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.