[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck were you able to sit through 13 episodes of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 20

File: IronFist.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IronFist.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
How the fuck were you able to sit through 13 episodes of this torturous shit? I can understand if you just wanted to finish a bad movie but holy shit!
>>
>>95064974
>pic related
And the worst part as a fan is just how terrible the characterization was. I mean even with a competent producer and director the idea of retard warrior hippy isn't Danny Rand.
Sucked. Still sucks. Is going to suck for the foreseeable future.
>>
It was bad in multiple ways but unfortunately most people are gonna focus on the fact that they didn't hire an Asian actor to play Danny over everything else.
>>
>>95065080
>Movie and tv winners
Batman, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Capitain America, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn

>Movie and tv losers
Iron Fist, Green Lantern, Xmen, Thor, Hulk, Fantastic Four
>>
>>95065123
>ONLY ASIANS SHOULD DO MARTIAL ARTS
Do people really not understand how racist this is?
>>
It had just enough shitty knock off Wuxia martial arts drama, that it was watchable.
Without that, it wouldn't have gotten past the 3rd or 4th episode.
>>
>>95065148
No, people don't get it. The irony of identity politics as a whole is hovering above a whole lot of heads.
>>
>>95065148
They should have used Iron Fist as an opportunity to introduce Shang Chi.
>>
>>95065123

once it came out most people i saw complained about actual problems with it like pacing, characterization, and shitty fight scenes
>>
File: Living Weapon.gif (941KB, 602x337px) Image search: [Google]
Living Weapon.gif
941KB, 602x337px
I havent finished the last 3 episodes and I dont think I ever will. Practically everything about this show is terrible
>>
>>95065141
What about Donner Superman? And why is Harley in the winners?
>>
>>95064974
Do you think I have anything better to do
>>
>>95065295

>He didn't finish the best part of the shitheap
>>
>>95065295
Don't bother.
Even after you take a painful shit you feel some sort of satisfaction, that at least it's over. Not so with this.
>>
>>95064974
>hire the guy famous for turning Dexter from an aclaimed series into the joke of the year.
ohh what could go wrong guys?Also who needs training martial arts and working out for a fucking kung fu series? The main actor didn't even looks like the comic iron fist, the entire series looked like a drunk homeless jew fighting other drunk people.
>>
>>95064974
see left of frame
>>
>>95064974
Started because I wanted to see how they would tackle the dragon on screen. Stayed for the hot Asian chick.
>>
>>95065123

As an Asian, can I just say that I never wanted to see an Asian person playing Iron Fist? He's white in the comics.
>>
>>95065148
I now want them to cast Asian of exactly the same physique as Finn Jones, have exactly the same 15 minutes Finn Jones had, have exactly the same 2 weeks Finn Jones had to prepare for the role, and see their reactions.
>>
>>95065531
>He's white in the comics.
Found your problem. You read the comics. All true fans who have never read anything about Iron Fist wanted him to be played by an Asian actor.
>>
i unironically enjoyed danny the most out of all the shows protags. he's a socially stunted manchild with a naive worldview trying to do the right thing in all the wrong ways. he has the most room for growth and has the least likable personality, so the only way for him to go was up from the start of IF all the way to the end of defenders.
>>
>>95065356

Is this your sick form of baiting someone? The ending wasn't even satisfying in any way and even then, I rather be left unsatisfied then to know that they greenlit a 2nd season.
>>
>>95064974
You put up with Danny in order to get to Madame Gao.
Because she seriously just makes the show.
>>
>>95065655
Matt > Danny > Luke > JJ
But really this is just because Matt is actually good and Luke is so bland. JJ could have been good but she's too fucking stupid.
>>
>>95065531
>He's white in the comics
>comics
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
File: IF-mask.png (721KB, 1164x1068px) Image search: [Google]
IF-mask.png
721KB, 1164x1068px
>>95065655
You have a point and I think they did develop him a little more in Defenders. Hopefully the next showrunner won't turn IFs2 into a dumpster fire but hopes aren't high.
>>
>>95065715
>Luke is too bland
I want to disagree with you so much, because he has so much going for him, but you're right. He plays everything off super stoic but instead of being interesting and cool it just comes off flat and boring.
>>
Am I crazy, or was Joy's character just written on the fly being whatever the plot needed it to be?
>>
>>95065531
As an Asian, I thought Colleen was hit and I wanna bang her
>>
The Netflix shows are too fucking long and dragged out. Defenders had the right idea cutting it down by a few episodes but that doesn't fix everything.
>>
The problem with Danny in the show is the exact same problem with Danny in the comics.

He's only interesting as Luke Cage's Robin.

Also he seriously needs some kind of costume, not just a fucking beard that gives a chronological visual for his flashbacks. Why the fuck would a kid raised by monks even start growing a fucking beard, you keep that shit shaved until the moment you leave.
>>
>>95065715
>>95065778
Luke is fucking wet cardboard most of the time. Hes either bitching about being bulletproof, or being skeptical about super shit that shouldnt be that hard to believe.
>>
>>95064974
I haven't, I stalled out at episode 8, even though I really want to know what happens with Ward.
>>
>>95065789
She kind of turns from pissy and not wanting to be part of this shit to being a lovey dovey sidekick way too fast.

Honestly I preferred it when she was just irritated by him but going along with it anyway.
>>
>>95065148
You forget the golden rule of SJWs: It's OK when they do it.
>>
>>95065815
He's literally the first one of the Defenders to buy into the bullshit and work together. Danny told him to stay out of the way at first, Daredevil doesn't want anything to do with the whole thing.
Jessica is the one that outright went "too many probably made-up secret organizations, I'm going home".
>>
>>95064974

I wasn't. I still haven't finished it.
>>
>>95065778
My only real exposure to comics Luke Cage was from a little bit before and after the Civil War 1 era. He came off as a fairly generic tough, angry black man but that was at least fun and played off of people like IF and Spider-Man well.
Also I remember this one great scene where he walks out of the side of a skyscraper like it's looney tunes or some shit and just lands on the ground like it's nothing. I kept expecting that in the skyscraper raid in The Defenders but it didn't happen.
>>
>>95065881
Jessica is so high maintenance
>>
>>95065123

If they'd hired an Asian actor to play Danny, the complaint would be that they'd typecasted him. There's no pleasing people who go through life with a chip on their shoulder.
>>
>>95065601

It would be slightly less annoying due to the different actor but that wouldn't change how boring the damn show is. Watching Iron Fist reminded me of my Jury Duty experience.
>>
>>95065834
Dunno, I think she's cute all the time. Loved how she made cavalcade of fuck ups promise her they won't fail him again AND she stole fucking bombs for them from the police. She quite honestly was more useful to Defenders than Defenders, with setting those bombs off and all.
>>
>>95064974
I actually find it kinda hilarious given how crazy Danny comes off when introducing to himself to people. At this rate, I'm not even here for the martial arts, I just wanna see Danny destroy his own company.
>>
>>95065920
Now you are just a blind hater.
>>
>>95065931
I liked how in IF he came off as a weirdo foreigner with strange values. He seems so easy going but then he turns into a hardass when those fags are fucking around in the dojo. They really should have let the scene play out and then he teaches them something by beating their asses.
>>
>>95065881
Luke actively is skeptical about the concepts about secret ninja organizations and Danny punching a dragon to get his glowing fist. All of which is kind of weird considering he himself is bulletproof and he lives in a world with Thor
>>
>>95065917

It's crazy how most of those people said it wasn't about hiring an asian actor, it was about completely doing away with Iron Fist as a character because of how entrenched in asian mythology he is. They're upset more about the whole ... fucking, what's it called? the cultural theft shit that everyone complains about these days, whatever it is. Anyway there was literally no way out of this except for just skipping IF as a character. And that honestly wasn't a good idea either.
>>
What I find morbidly hilarious about the final fight is it's the pinnacle of an anti-climax.

Early on they go out their way to show us that Harold is actually someone who keeps up training in martial arts what with his punching bag (which he strikes so hard it bursts at one point) and a personal trainer. But more importantly we're even shown him seemingly being considered capable enough for the Hand to let him dress up like them and fight the goon who struck his daughter. Of course it's not officially stated that he was trained by them or anything but the implication is there.
So we're given this impression that Harold is a capable foe.

We're also told, rarely shown, how much Danny trained and destined for greatness and blah blah.

Yet despite all this when the two face off it's nothing like any of what we we're lead to believe. There's little actual strategy aside from scurrying around, and I think at one point they just aimlessly swat poles at each other or something. I kind of zoned out what was going on up on the roof, but anyway the point is it was at that point I was just imagining a still of that moment with the title IRON FIST over it to put into frame just how far the ending had strayed from whatever concept it was meant to be.

And really it's not even the straying from expectation that's the problem, it's just atrocious writing in general even if this wasn't called or connected to Iron Fist.
>>
>>95064974
Why didn't they hire an actor to play ironfist? This guys just some bum off the streets. John Cena would have done it better than this reject
>>
>>95064974
It was bad, but defenders was still worse, and that's saying something.
>>
>>95066011
People who actively root for globalization would also be first ones to ostracize you for borrowing fucking anything from different countries.

So, by their logic, world is one country, but whities should mingle with whities and gooks should mingle with gooks.

Oh, and Japanese making Christians bad guys again? Who cares, but dem whities better not have dreads or something!

Not to mention Japanese have been appropriating different IPs similarly to how Netflix's Death Note ended up being. NOT TALKING ABOUT QUALITY OF END PRODUCT. But in the 70's there was a Spider-man Manga not about Peter Parker, but about Kamori fucking Yu, an average Japanese high schooler through and through.
>>
>>95066011
getting upset about a white guy being the best at martial arts is about as stupid as getting upset Tiger Woods was the best guy at golf for awhile but the writers did seem to be so worried about it that they made Danny as retarded and annoying as possible
>>
>>95064974
Because I hate myself
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
He doesn't even have the physique of somebody who's been training relentlessly for a decade.
>>
>>95066047
> John Cena

You know, not only would he have been better. John would have probably insisted that his Danny wore a costume.
>>
>>95066189
Better physique than all of his critics'
>>
i liked iron fist. the way people were talking i was expecting a huge mess, but it was workable
>>
File: Your opinion is wrong.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Your opinion is wrong.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>95065798

>The problem with Danny in the show is the exact same problem with Danny in the comics.
>He's only interesting as Luke Cage's Robin.
>>
>>95065080
My man!
>>
File: john-cena-27795508.jpg (152KB, 620x401px) Image search: [Google]
john-cena-27795508.jpg
152KB, 620x401px
>>95066047

IRON FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE
>>
>>95066231
And would've been BTFO'd the same way Charlie Cox has been demanding Bullseye on Daredevil

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/11/10/charlie-cox-really-wants-to-see-bullseye-in-daredevil/

>>95066248
Agreed. Though, my point isn't the fact that Iron Fist's ratings are low, it's more like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are barely any better.
>>
File: Fuck this entire room.webm (461KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this entire room.webm
461KB, 720x406px
>>95066028

They should have just called it the Iron Ward, because he was the only character with an arc that was actually engaging enough to keep me watching up until the end.
>>
>>95066303
>daddy issues
Oh, you must have purple hair too.
>>
>>95065531
Half-Asian here, and I agree. Race-bending just to hit some diversity quota is stupid, and it's even more stupid to bitch about not race-bending a character just because some people are terminally offended.

Also, how hilariously racist is it to think that only Asians can do martial arts? The complete lack of self awareness in some people is astounding.
>>
>>95066303
ward losing his goddamn mind and getting balls deep in the euphoric powder dragon was the best part of the show
>>
>>95066189
The fact they tried over and over to limit him in the most contrived ways really hurt things IMO.
I imagine some circle of idiots thought it would help with making things feel tense or at least not so easy for him to get out of, would help drag fights and conflicts out, would likely spare the SFX budget and would make use feel like Danny has some growth we can follow along, but fuck me 13 episodes of nothing is just a slog, not a journey.

If he had chi in both fists and chi control of his body I wouldn't have to constantly ask myself how this single clueless, unskilled one-trick pony who needs power naps to even be of any genuine threat keeps besting people who have had far more years of training, planning and resources to best everyone else.

Horseshit like running out of chi and drugs clouding his chi and his emotions clouding his chi and all that just got tiring.
>>
>>95065148
Only Daniel Wu understand this.
>>
>>95066248
It was okay, but it was by far the worst of the Marvel/Netflix offerings so far. Danny was better in Defenders, but still the least appealing of the cast. Here's hoping they keep moving in the right direction with the character going forward, we might eventually see a serviceable Iron Fist on screen.
>>
i didn't even make it 4 episodes in. he's completely unlikable. daredevil at least had balancing life and work and letting everything fall apart. luke cage had dealing with his past so he could move forward.
danny rand is "what if richie rich knew kung fu" and he could've been so much more.
>>
>>95066303
Ward was a good character.
Only feels in the show was him realizing he didn't want to be his dad.
>>
File: I want to protect this smile.jpg (38KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
I want to protect this smile.jpg
38KB, 500x386px
>>95066338

The fuck are you even on about?

>>95066386

It was sure as shit more interesting than any shenanigans Danny got up to, and the stakes of his failures seemed higher as well because he couldn't just kung-fu his way out of his problems. What a joke of a season.
>>
>>95066364
Ward was the best thing about the show by a huge margin.

He really made it, and if you consider the show as a crime drama with Ward as the main character getting caught up in all this super hero hand ninja bullshit it suddenly gets awesome.
>>
>>95066189
Martial artists aren't huge. Bruce Lee was lean as fuck.
>>
>>95066303
I was legitimately surprised when I started to catch myself rooting for Ward. I went in thinking I would hate him, and he was the best damned character in the show. I was disappointed as fuck when it looked like he was going to show up in Defenders and they copped out with him being away on business, I hope that's not a sign that he's unwilling to come back for future seasons.
>>
>>95066387
honestly in either IF or Defenders they should have ripped off Last Airbender and had Baku or Electra hit Danny in some pressure points and say it damaged the way his chi could flow so he couldn't access his avatar state (chi mastery in both fists) then his jobbing would have been way more believable
>>
>>95066504
I doubt he will be coming back because Iron Fist's criticism is all over the place.

Corporate drama is one of the most heavily criticized aspects of the show and it revolved around Ward.
>>
>>95066553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjrSKADaHlk&t=112s
>>
>>95064974
i honestly just watched it because iron fist is my favorite comic book hero and even though this disappointing me a lot, i was able to sit through it without wanting to kill myself
>>
How bad was it really? I skipped on it after being bored by Luke Cage, but in Defenders he was bearable.
>>
>>95066612
It's painfully boring at times, but it has its moments. Watch it for Ward, anon. He deserved better.
>>
>>95066478
There's a difference between being lean and having zero muscle definition. Bruce worked out to some degree everyday. Finn just doesn't eat like a hippo.
>>
>>95066612
People are overly exaggerating how bad it is, but it's really not any good.

The worst thing that plays against it is that Daredevil had excellent action and you'd expect from Iron Fist who is more of an action hero than Daredevil to have something at least on par. It just doesn't.
>>
The only good episode was the one where Danny had to go through Madam Gao's trial - directed by the rza. Honestly, they should have had rza be the showrunner, he loves comics and martial arts, he would've done a lot better of a job.
>>
>>95066646
>At the moment I’m in the physical preparation for the role. Every day for the last month, I start my day with about two and a half hours of martial arts — which is kung fu and wushu mixed with a bit of tai chi, and other stuff as well. In the afternoon I’ll do weight training with a trainer to bulk me up and get my physically right for the part. And in evenings I’ve been doing meditation classes and learning buddhist philosophies.
http://superherojacked.com/2017/02/02/finn-jones-workout-iron-fist/
>>
>>95066364
>Half-Asian
>Implying anyone could tell that you're half non asian unless you're half black
Even nippons and chinks would guess that you're pure asian but from some part of the country they're not familiar.
>>
File: 1501487132153.gif (704KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501487132153.gif
704KB, 382x450px
>>95066670
I wanted to say he wouldn't be any good for the actual story... but when I realized we'd be pitting him against Steve Buck.
>>
>>95066670
>The only good episode was the one where Danny had to go through Madam Gao's trial
This was definitely the best part.
>>
>>95066715
You're not wrong (the other half is white), but I just wanted to be honest about it.
>>
File: k.jpg (71KB, 501x386px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
71KB, 501x386px
>>95066291
>Zach Galifianakis as Bullseye
>>
>>95066715
Depends on the person. I know a half japanese girl and she looks like a white girl with thin eyelashes and a round face.
>>
File: iron-fist-2.jpg (44KB, 886x950px) Image search: [Google]
iron-fist-2.jpg
44KB, 886x950px
CRINGE.
>>
>>95064974
>>95065295
>>95066189
>>95066863
You have 30 seconds to find a better Danny WITH the background to pull it off
>>
File: yellow_mt1-00102_grande[1].jpg (56KB, 600x531px) Image search: [Google]
yellow_mt1-00102_grande[1].jpg
56KB, 600x531px
>>95066680
A month of training before he started filming isn't enough to do anything to your body. A person who has trained for over a decade seriously would have pretty damn good form. He doesn't need to be jacked, but he needs some definition.
>>
File: RJ-Ludi-Dacre.jpg (50KB, 655x435px) Image search: [Google]
RJ-Ludi-Dacre.jpg
50KB, 655x435px
>>95066901

I'll do you better. I spent 1 minute and 30 seconds looking for 3.
>>
>>95066659
Something I found interesting and frustrating at the same time was that Daredevil had great action throughout, and most of it involved crazy kung fu bullshit you'd expect from Iron Fist. But then there were those few times where Matt loses his cool and goes full boxer rampage mode (like the stairwell scene after Frank kills his client) and those are my favorite scenes of all but they're so rare. So we have Daredevil rarely acting like the savage psychopath he is, usually acting like the kung fu master Iron Fist should be, and Iron Fist looking like a teenager who just got his green belt in tae kwon do from a strip mall.
>>
>>95066944
I really hate how Finn Jones became poster boy who what is criticism on Steve Buck and Netflix scheduling. He really seems to have taken it to the heart and already on it.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/23/iron-fist-season-2-finn-jones-training/
>>
>>95066028
I agree, also I was dissappointed that Danny didn't use the fist to punch his head off.
He's a zombie, you have an R-rating.
>>
>>95066291
Eh, possibly not? I mean sure, Finn Jones was coming out of Game of Thrones, but John Cena is fucking John Cena.

Even now he still has a legion of fans from wrestling, and being a meme he's sort of pop culture relevant still. He might have more pull since it doesn't involve forcing an extra character into the narrative, just a mask at least.
>>
>>95066715
Halfus get found out and mocked in japan. if china didn't have the policy of drowning baby girls during the one child only period, they'd be the same. However they have to import women for the massively disproportionate population.
>>
File: Daredevil-Yellow-int.jpg (671KB, 1280x958px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-Yellow-int.jpg
671KB, 1280x958px
>>95067017
>Daredevil rarely acting like the savage psychopath he is
The hell are you talking about, Daredevil is mostly associated with acrobatic elegance.
>>
>>95064974
Because it was entertaining?
Danny was refreshingly likeable compared to the rest of the Defenders so far, barring, maybe, Luke.
Hogarth's appearance was great.
Gao was brilliant.
The Meachum son and dad were great also Faramir
Claire was good, again.
And Colleen was really really good and qt.

Also a lot easier to sit though the slow mound of shit that was season 1 of DD or the horrible 2nd half of Luke Cage
>>
>>95067110
Claire was REALLY out of place. If you remove her nothing will change, when she was integral in Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
>>
>>95066400

it didnt fall apart like lc after cottonmouth died, and it didnt retread the same shit like jj did. it had weak aspects, but it wasnt by far the weakest, it had weak elements
>>
>>95066963
>black
>30 years old
>pure shit
>>
>>95067084
I was more referring to the MCU Daredevil's specific characterization, where they've built him up as this seething ball of rage waiting to explode. I know it's not necessarily completely true to the source material, but I think it works really well, especially with Charlie Cox playing it so well.
>>
>>95067162
To a lot of people its strong points don't seem to compensate for weak ones. I don't think millenials even know David Wenham's name
>>
>>95067162
Difference is that JJ and LC had arguably really high points.

Luce Cage was REALLY good right up until they killed off best character, and Jessica Jones had some cool elements to it that were really different from any of the other shows, with the central conflict being much more focused on Jessica and Killgrave's relationship than some big plot that needs to stopped to save the city. Iron Fist was pretty flat throughout, there really weren't any points that stood out other than Ward's journey to find himself and kill his dad
>>
>>95067110
What tripe
>Danny was refreshingly likeable
Likeable how? His character is geared towards vague needs and wants. Even Davos comes to a point of questioning what the point of anything he's done is and he has fucking nothing for an answer.
>Hogarth's appearance was great.
Yeah, Joy handing them a Get Out Of Jail Free Card really helped highlight the skills of "J Money", or the time she ineffectually listened to Ward give information about Harold already out of date and use.
>Gao was brilliant.
Walking around glancing or gabbing at people about things before being held in a room was just sheer genius.
>The Meachum son and dad were great also Faramir
Fair enough, but Harry and Norman/Lex and Lionel has always been a draw and retreading it in bits and pieces between the rest of the nonsense only highlights the glaring problems elsewhere.
>And Colleen was really really good and qt.
Fuck's sake.
>>
>>95064974
Depression can make you do crazy things anon. Some days it's cutting, some days it's enduring horrible marathons on Netflix.
>>
>>95067201
I love those moments where Charlie or more accurately Matt seems to pause to take a needed breath, and then continue to machine gun his points in a surgical manner or whispers something threateningly but confidently as Daredevil, his fury is always leak out in some way.
I'm glad someone else might feel the same way, I felt it makes Matt's tragedies and choices feel like they've left emotional scars. He's still aware of what happened to his father due to his preaching, he's still aware of Stick leaving because he couldn't get over that, he's still aware of Elektra leaving because he couldn't dive into the dark with her nor pull her out, he's still hung up about hearing people outside the reach of help suffering and having to hold back for the sake of those close to him.

I think Netflix's Daredevil has profited the most from a dual identity because you get to see how both sides affect each other.
>>
>>95067452
Daredevil profited the most because he is the character who has most of comic book elements in his show.

When he put on the costume before entering Midland Circle and laughing about it, he felt more natural than both of them.
>>
>>95067035
True but also they could have either not shown him without a shirt like in Defenders or cast an actor with the right physique and martial arts experience. I'm not hating on Jones at all, I actually think he's okay, just written poorly. I'm just particularly hard on it because Danny has been my favorite character since IIF came out and I was really looking forward to seeing him adapted on screen.
>>
>>95067292

i liked dannys naiveté. it was a stark contrast to the hard lined nature of every one of the other leads. its unfortunate that his show was a vessel to lead into the defenders though.
>>
>>95067384

You sound like you have experience. What else can I marathon that causes the same pain as Iron Fist?
>>
>>95067630
I didn't mind that aspect of Danny, I just didn't like the angsty pissy side to him that came out way too often. They tried to show him as the zen monk guy in the beginning, but then they show that he has the temper of a 12 year old and proceed to keep him in that mode for most of the series.

I do think they can do Iron Fist right, they just need better writers on him.
>>
>>95067701
Batman vs Superman, it feels like it's the same length when you're watching it.
>>
>>95067572
Poor writing and direction really. I wanted to see Iron Fist who is more like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_fS4w2m9c

We even see glimpses of that Danny when he eats food with Luke

He doesn't even realize how apt teletubbies comparison is (with red, purple, green and yellow colors and all)
>>
>>95067816

Batman v Superman is entertaining as hell and visually impressive though. Get out Kevin Feige cocksucker.
>>
>>95067864
I was visually impressed by how fucking long that boring piece of shit was.
>>
>>95066612
Watch the Rza directed episode. Closest thing we got to the point of IF
>>
>>95067864
Fuck up of biblical proportions. The only capeshit movie it's better than is fucking Thor 2.
>>
File: 427full-christian-howard[1].jpg (43KB, 427x641px) Image search: [Google]
427full-christian-howard[1].jpg
43KB, 427x641px
>>95066963
>>
I AM HERE TO HIJACK THIS THREAD AND TURN IT INTO A DELICIOUS BROWN GIRLS THREAD. NOW POST THEM LATINAS.
>>
>>95065148
Who cares if it's racist, if Asians are better at it they're better at it, unless they found a decent white martial artist there was no reason not to pick the Asian guy.
>>
>>95065531
Why does it matter, he's not real in the comics, and he's not real now? Why not pick someone who can actually play the role regardless of race, which Finn Jones clearly fucking can't.
>>
>>95064974
I had it on in the background while I played some Sega Genesis games.
>>
>>95068162

Why do you guys think only a martial artist can play Iron Fist? You ever heard of stunt doubles?
>>
>>95066281
Stop I can only get so errect, that being said I'm not sure how well a wrestler like cena could pull off kung th moves.
>>
Everybody here seems to forget that the Iron Fist in the comics was garbage too. He's had his moments but as a whole his legacy is Luke Cage's weird kung fu sidekick. Netflix did IF in an entertaining way. I actually liked it way more than hooded social commentary and 2 edgy alcoholic detective. It was poorly written, poorly paced and the coreography was at times laughable, but dammit it made me smile. Also Colleen Wing is alpha AF.
>>
>>95068231
Stunt Doubles are fucking awful because you can clearly fucking tell when they've switched out the actor, especially in hand to hand combat, you can get away with this in car scenes or in shit you'd be looking at from a distance but with fighting it's really fucking obvious.
>>
>>95068220
If you aren't going to bother respecting the source material then why are you bothering to even adapt it? Make something else if you want an Asian kung fu show, there's plenty of them out there.
>>
>>95066901
Eric Jacobus, he's a martial artist with not much acting experience he's be the yin to Finn Jones yang.
>>
>>95065141
X2 is incredible average!
>>
File: file.png (741KB, 816x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
741KB, 816x360px
>>95068284
>Respecting the source material
Having a shit martial artist play Iron Fist, a trait that is actually central to the character is more respectful than picking someone who can actually has martial arts experience?
It's not even like Finn Jones looks so much like Danny Rand
>>
>>95068338
>A martial artist who takes up the styles of video game characters
Thank you for this find.
>>
>>95068162
>>95068220
Plenty of martial artists are white, and who even knows if Finn Jones could have stepped up if he had more than a couple of weeks and a handful of minutes to actually prepare/train.

>>95068284
This.

If they wanted an Asian martial artist Marvel series so much, they could have just made a Shang-Chi show. If they kept the same showrunner and production, it would still be complete shit, but at least then it would make sense for him to be Asian.
>>
File: DDMM[1].jpg (409KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
DDMM[1].jpg
409KB, 1280x540px
>>95068282
Daredevil did it just fine, gee I wonder what was different about Daredevil...
>>
>>95065141
>Thor and Hulk
>Losers
>Saying right before Ragnarok
Anon, I...
>>
>>95068262
You didn't read the immortal iron fist run then. The other immortal weapons as support cast was awesome.
>>
>>95068360
Aside from his curly hair, he pretty much did look like him.

If they had actually given him a costume, they could have easily used a stunt double without it being obvious like they do for Daredevil. But no, the showrunners are ashamed of what they're adapting and have to make it as 'real' as possible.
>>
>>95068361
Check out his rope a dope series and blind sided. He also was Kenshi in the youtube mk series but they removed it.
>>
Of course the magical martial arts master is white.

I mean...duh.

Lol I wasn't going to watch this non-X-Men Marvel shit regardless, but were I genuinely interested that would be annoying.
>>
>>95068363
>Plenty of martial artists are white
Sure, and if they could find one that would be great. The reason people are talking about an asian actor is not because anyone has a problem with white actors or diversity but because there was a specific actor who was being looked at for the role who seems far more competent than Jones, with no discernible reason for having not been selected outside of "not being the right race" for the role.
>>95068383
They won't give Iron Fist his costume, and the staff would have known before hand that they wouldn't be putting Rand in anything that would make it less obvious when they swap, so picking a stunt double who is going to be in the scene without his face covered leads to the problems mentioned before.
(This is ignoring the fact that Jones is a poor actor even outside of fight scenes)
>>95068453
He has an entirely different build and facial structure.
>>
>>95068416
As I said, he did have his moments, but he has been a character for 40ish years at this point. One or two (or even three) runs do not a history make...
>>
>>95068526
>They won't give Iron Fist his costume, and the staff would have known before hand that they wouldn't be putting Rand in anything that would make it less obvious when they swap

It's almost like they could easily fix most of their problems by just nutting up and letting him have a mask. Here's hoping against all odds that they take a good look at what people said about the first season and backpedal on all the anti-costumes shit. It's really hard to understand how the people who make these shows can be so stupid when they literally had the Daredevil crew showing them exactly what to do.
>>
>>95068657
>most of their problems
No, the story would still be shit, the characters would still be shit, the dialogue is cancer, the show is low energy and nothing can fix it, even if they improve fight scenes, but I do agree giving him his costume and a stunt double is probably their best move going forward.
>>
>>95066002
>All of which is kind of weird considering he himself is bulletproof and he lives in a world with Thor
God this pissed me off so much. They can acknowledge all of the other zany bullshit that goes on in their world and even their own abilities, yet for some reason Danny manipulating his chi to hit harder is too farfetched.
>>
>>95064974
I wasn't. I sat through DD season 1, JJ, LC, and 9 episodes of DD season 2. I made it through 6.5 episodes of the Danny Rand Experience before I just set it on fastforward to catch the cliff notes for the Defenders.

I only made it through the Defenders because I have a hardon for pseudo-Immortal villains coming to terms with their inevitable mortality. The Defenders got fucking stupid but it was only 8 episodes long and managed to give me more of the maladjusted bitch JJ that I love.
>>
>>95068456
Just got through one. I'm sure the two things can't really be compared so simply given they have different development standards and methods, especially looking at the determination of the actors in the outtakes to continue on with a scene's complexity even after it hurting when failed, but it's still incredible to me that a 13 minute silent, comedic short on Youtube was more entertaining to follow than most of the entire IF.
It's not even me just being general, I'm counting the small things and the whole together under the "Cs".The concept and the way it's conveyed, the character and his arc, the choreography showing, instead of telling, his growth and the conclusion.

Netflix should feel some shame.
>>
>>95068782
Even funnier to me is the fact that most of the other characters don't make THAT big of a deal about Matt being blind as a bat but having crazy ninja reflexes and being able to tell how many dudes have guns in a van parked across the street. It was just funny to me how much everyone wanted to be weirded out by Danny and not the rest of the stuff, though to be fair he did tell them he got his powers by punching a dragon in the heart which made him come off as a bit wacky. I suppose it'd be easier to assume he's just some guy who got punch powers similarly to how they did and he's also kind of crazy.
>>
>>95064974
Well, for the first half, I was watching it because I was laughing at how bad it was and derived enjoyment out of it that way. By the second half, things had improved and I got invested in the characters enough that I genuinely wanted to see it through to the end.
>>
I watched the entire shit just hoping that at some point they would get the guy that did the coreography for the good fight scenes in Daredevil at least once for fucks sake, its Iron fucking Fist, the fight scenes should have been the best part of it.
But nope, never happened, shit is on pair with Arrow, Gotham and Agents of Shit, its pure unwatcheable shit and i regret wasting time watching it.
>>
>>95068899
The problem with IF is that they have very little martial art movie enthuisists involved with the devlopment, they barely have a half decent writing staff. Netflix should be hiring based off talent not names imo their biggest flaw.
>>
>>95068456
Jacobus played Season 2 Stryker.

Kenshi was played by Dan Southworth.
>>
>>95064974
Because I love cape shit even if it's bad and to be frank the other MCU shows aren't exactly stellar. Far from it actually
>>
>>95069351
Oh, it's been awhile since I've seen it. He gets punk'd by Liu kang right?
>>
>>95069430
I think he hits Kang in the face with a taser first. I forget. All I remember is Liu was a villain in that series even though it was supposed to be retelling MK1, and also Kenshi and the Ninjas were pulled out of the ancient past as though the plot was Eternal Champions instead of MK. So generally, it made no goddamn sense.
>>
>>95067701
Defenders. The cons outweigh the pros, and it could've been so much better. Also PPG remake. Maximum suffering.
>>
>>95069474
Just like regular mortal combat then.
>>
>>95064974
I watched for Colleen
>>
>>95065715
Jessica Jones was the best part of Defenders
>>
>>95065141
>movie and TV winners
>flash
>wonder women
>Jessica jones
>Harley quinn
>>movie and TV losers
>xmen
No offense but eat dick
>>
>>95067907
>>95067940
Thanks for bringing my faith back
>>
>>95066047
I would've preferred he play Danny, desu. It might have made the fight scenes a little less of a goatfuck.
>>
>>95064974
I watched it recently, it was honestly a lot better than I expected. My expectations were rock bottom, and I probably would have really disliked it if I watched it when it first came out, but after everything I heard, going in I was pleasantly surprised. I was never bored, it was watachable, some of the characters were interesting, and the fight sequences were better than I expected by that point. I never wanted to stop watching during it.
>>
How come nobody complained about them changing Davos' race?
>>
>>95070342

>I was never bored

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>95064974

"Im gonna ride your cock so hard, youll be too tired to commit crimes, evildoer"

why did they pick a twink with no muscle tone for this?
>>
>>95070823
Because liberals only care about characters not being white.
>>
>>95072063
and dont forget the ZERO martial art experience.
>>
I didn't. Background noise
>>
>>95070823
Same reason as them complaining about Danny's race; they don't read comics or know who the characters are. I only complained when it turned out Lei Kung was cast as an Eastern Asian so why is his son a Paki. Honestly wouldn't have bothered me as much if the guy who played the drunken boxer wasn't in the show because he would have made a much better Davos.
>>
>>95064974
I made it about halfway through the season. It was bad and super dumb, but not much worse than some of the other superhero shows on TV. Agents of Shield, Arrow, Supergirl and to a lesser extent The Flash are all about as badly written, badly acted and badly choreographed.

It does suck that we're stuck with this Danny in Defenders though. Charlie Cox is great, Krysten Ritter is pretty good, Mike Colter may not have range, but he's charming, but damn Finn Jones is always damn near unbearable to watch as Iron Fist.

He was good in Game of Thrones, so I know he's a decent enough actor when cast properly, but he just really is not suited for Danny.
>>
>>95064974

I thought it was pretty good but then again, I'm not familiar with Iron Fist at all. I must have read a total of 4 or 5 issues total. Is that why people didn't like it? Because it's different from the source material? Cause honestly, I think it was a bit better than Luke Cage (read a lot of things but not necessarily a huge fan) and a lot better than Jessica Jones (never read a single issue, no interest in doing so)
>>
>>95065655
>he's a socially stunted manchild with a naive worldview trying to do the right thing in all the wrong ways.

This. I like how they addressed this without making him a complete oblivious retard. His innocence was handled more maturely and subtly than Diana's in WW but to be fair they also had like ten more hours of screen time to work with
>>
>>95076128

>Is that why people didn't like it?

No, people didn't like it because the story was cluttered with too much board room drama, and it was a kung-fu show with absolutely fucking irredeemably atrocious fighting choreography.
>>
>>95066303
He was a grower for sure
>>
>>95076228
>cluttered with too much board room drama
I thought it was kinda interesting. Daredevil was heavy on the lawyer/legal stuff and it didn't bother me too much even though I had to look up lawyer lingo on google all the time
>>
>>95068162
>If Asians are better at it
Actually in terms of competition its almost universally white blacks and Hispanics who tend to hold crowns and titles.
>>
>>95068529
One or two good runs is all EVERY long-lived character in comics has, except for Batman and Superman.
>>
>>95069842
You spell it with a C and I'm supposed to believe you've ever even read the story?
>>
>>95077370
Then surely it must be easy to find a white black or hispanic actor who can do the job better than Finn Jones, but the situation as we are aware, the other choice for the role was an Asian, and it's not racist to say that he deserved the role because he was better at it
>>
>>95077547
Except that guy really fucking wasn't.

They were both shit choices. And it wood have been far easier to pick a white guy who could act and was slightly athletic but they wanted the GoT pop.
>>
>>95066011
The word you are looking for is cultural appropriation.
>>
One of the YouTube ads for Defenders focusing on Danny actually made him seem like an interesting and funny character. It's a long shot, but maybe they're learning what aspects to expand on and which to throw away.
>>
>>95066390
That's because he's an actual martial artist. Any martial artist that's worked with a stunt crew in the west knows they're more diverse than the Burger King Kids Club.
>>
>>95064974
I think I made it through the first episode. I couldn't understand what the evil business family was for, nor did I give a rat's ass about them, but when Danny Rand was given drugs and put in a psych hospital, I turned netflix off.

Honestly, I didn't need to watch Iron Fist in order to watch the Defenders. Danny Rand's a poor rich babby with dead parents; has a glowing fist that needs to be recharged after every use; has an asian girlfriend who seems like she's useful, but only at holding hands and pointing out what a katana is.
>>
you guys are meming tumblr so hard holy shit. It had the same quality as any other marvel netflix show. Maybe Daredevil season1 was better. Otherwise they've all be alright in the beginning but a snooezefest once you get in the middle.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.