[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in following Marvel anymore? Just been skim-reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1495558277820.jpg (1008KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495558277820.jpg
1008KB, 791x1200px
Is there any point in following Marvel anymore? Just been skim-reading Secret Empire as of late, now that Ultimates2 is over it seems like the company's overall output is utter fucking trash.
How does one deal with comic reading fatigue? Been reading comics for the past 12 years but I've never been as tempted to quit as I am now
>>
>>95055046
just stop. the roller coaster only goes on for as long as you let it.
>>
I am about the same OP, it's not just about the recent drop in quality, it's painful to get through a single issue sometimes.
I will stick with Thor no matter what because he is my favorite character & Fem Thor is among the better of the sjw character changes of late.
I will probably read Metal just because I really like how Snyder writes foreboding mystery.
Might stick with Wonder Woman.
Superman/Action Comics I want to stick with because Superman is great but fuck me, AC is insufferable with the fake Clark bullshit. And them basically erasing N52 Superman was a retarded dick move that was completely un fucking necessary.
But that is about it.
>>
>>95055046
>Is there any point in following Marvel anymore?
Are you kidding?
EVERY COMIC IS AN EVENT NOW!
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/01/every-story-event-marvel-legacy-trailer/
You want more events, right? Well here you go. Nothing but events!
>>
>>95055046
Why do you only read Marvel?
>>
>>95055212
Yeah man, I feel you
I have to sit down and invest serious time into a lot of the All-New Marvel Now shit, it's that fucking bad.
I'm also in the same boat, I stuck with Marvel for the stuff I liked (Venom - the 40-issue run - and pretty much all of Ewing's stuff, King's Vision was a rare gem too) but now I've got no reason to keep going, I still follow DC regularly (especially all of the Super-Family books and Flash, loving Mister Miracle and all the Kirby 100th specials too) but I reckon I'm gonna call it quits for Marble.
>>
>>95055261
I don't, I read Marvel and DC (moreso the latter).
>>95055212
Erasing Nu52 Clark pissed me off majorly, at least they kinda threw is a bone with him and nu52 Lois during Reborn.
>>
>>95055276
>Erasing Nu52 Clark pissed me off majorly, at least they kinda threw is a bone with him and nu52 Lois during Reborn.
He's in New Super-Man now.
>>
USAvengers is still ongoing. And I'm enjoying the post-IvX inhuman books.
>>
>>95055465
Shame that the november issue looks like the "goodbye everyone" issue
>>
>>95055212
>Superman/Action Comics I want to stick with because Superman is great but fuck me, AC is insufferable with the fake Clark bullshit.
I dropped both of them Myxlplyx showed up and they moved to Metropolis.

Super Sons is still pure joy, though and I'm sticking with New Superman till the end ( which, given sales, shouldn't bee too much longer, mores the pity ).
>>
>>95055465
>I'm enjoying the post-IvX inhuman books.
I hard dropped the Royals book when the Earth Bender picked up a planet to swat some aliens ( 2 cosmic 4 me ); but the Black Bolt solo is amazingly good.
>>
File: 1495913833951.jpg (7KB, 200x204px) Image search: [Google]
1495913833951.jpg
7KB, 200x204px
Stopped reading Marvel books after Secret Wars, all their comics are awful in both stories and quality. Only read DC now.
>>
I like GOTG

but casuals complain about it as if DNA's run wasn't goofy as hell
>>
>>95055346
How?

>>95055276
Neck yourself new 52 sucked

>>95055212
Snyder sucks. His mysteries are as subtle as a brick
>>
>>95057118
I don't want subtlety, I want genuine tension and a sense of haunting unerving doom.
The concept of the Joker being a ageless Candyman type phantom was brilliantly handled & everything I ever wanted for the character, pitty they pussyed out.
>>
Renew Your Vows is still great (for now :( )
>>
>>95055046
i don't even know if they do moon knight anymore. you should probably just drop it

>>95055261
>DC is any better
right
>let's rehash the same fucking heroes since the 1940s because our fans literally have no taste. we could literally sell shit with batman on the cover and dumbasses will buy it regardless of how bad or good the writing or art is
>>
>>95055046

I dunno, man.

30 yrs reading comics I can tell you, you get fucking tired of you read the same shit.

Try other genres, publishers, countries, once I started reading Sonic just to try, dark times but I got through it.

One thing I'll tell you, you don't HAVE to read comics. Stop for a couple of years, I have more than once. Don't buy out of habit.
>>
>>95055046
I felt the same and I dropped the big two two months ago and it felt very good, like a weight off my shoulders. Marvel is...Marvel and for DC I can't give less of a fuck about Snyder's wankfest of an event. Find something else to waste your time on, I'm sure you have plenty of options.
>>
>How does one deal with comic reading fatigue? Been reading comics for the past 12 years but I've never been as tempted to quit as I am now

I have done this a few times, like every 3 years or so, where I just take a break from /co/ and everything entirely for like 5+ months and just read what's on my pull list for a while. It's a good reset button. You don't have to keep up with everything all the time. This shit is supposed to be leisure not work.
>>
>>95060625
OP here, thanks for the advice. Been meaning to check out Archie Sonic as well since I just got into Sonic games this summer, I've also been reading a few old non-fictional war comics since I'm into that shit.
>>95060700
Thanks for putting it that way, that's exactly how it's felt recently
>>
I tend to just read whatever I want and I don't bother trying to keep up with certain characters/series. I personally don't understand extreme fandom for any single character. If I don't like a series I just don't read it. I only read new series if they have a lot of buzz or if its by a writer/artist that I really like. There's always plenty of older or more obscure series to catch up on, no reason to try to keep up with all the trash that is constantly getting pumped out. I only recently got into Jodorowsky, for example, so now I'll probably work through some of his stuff.

In short, don't read books you feel "fatigued" reading. Why would you? There is plenty of good content out there, no reason to waste time on Big Two shit just because you feel obligated to.
>>
I'm not a regular reader of Marvel, but they do have some IPs I'm into. Chief among them is Thunderbolts. ... Yeah.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.