[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Comics are for idiots >Cartoons are for children How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: vincent.gif (4MB, 640x397px) Image search: [Google]
vincent.gif
4MB, 640x397px
>Comics are for idiots

>Cartoons are for children

How can we transcend this mainstream perspective of our medias?
>>
Make them better written.
>>
not being an ass is more important
>>
Convince the majority of comic-readers to change their buying habits so that Fantagraphics and Drawn & Quarterly become the new Big Two.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>95052204
eat shit OP.
>>
You can't. Comics are too deeply associated with capes and being junk entertainment, and it's too late to change peoples' minds because people don't want to read anymore.

But overall you shouldn't really care about what other people think. If someone asks me what I'm reading and it's not a cape comic, they'll immediately assume it's basically high art simply for not being a cape. Fortunately there's a "stigma" that non-capes are all pretentious artsy shit.
>>
>>95052204
Cartoons are for children though! That's who they are and geared towards. I'm counting the 13-16 year old crowd as children, so the super hero stuff also fits the bill.

Cartoons made for adults, other than comedy like Simpsons/Family guy, are extremely rare. Off the top of my head all I can think of is Fire & Ice.
>>
"Media" is already plural
>>
innovate
>>
>>95052342
>Cartoons made for adults, other than comedy like Simpsons/Family guy, are extremely rare. Off the top of my head all I can think of is Fire & Ice.
Wizards
Coonskin
Heavy Metal
A Waltz with Bashir
>>
>>95052342
>Cartoons made for adults, other than comedy like Simpsons/Family guy, are extremely rare.
Well it's not like it's any different with younger demographic based cartoons.
>>
Basically, America needs its own seinen cartoons, but good fucking luck with that b/c lol capitalism.
>>
>>95052545
There's a large chunk of non-comedy meant for kids. Every generation has it's super hero shows and than there is the anime-wanna-be stuff.

You've got stuff like Jem and the Hollograms which had some drama.
>>
>>95052204
Have you seen this board? The media is right.
>>
>>95052529
a scanner darkly
>>
>>95052204
By acting like a self-respecting intellectual.
>>
Baking (((them)))
>>
>>95052591
You're retarded.This has nothing to do with a problem with capitalism, manga and anime are less regulated than western cartoons. The difference is cultural. Not to mention America doesn;t "need" anything, if you WANT it, then just go to /a/.
>>
>>95052204
Ignore it and like what you like, if you want to seem like something else than just watch something else.
>>
>>95052204
>medias

Media is already plural, you comic fan
>>
File: 1492696925509.jpg (80KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492696925509.jpg
80KB, 720x720px
>>95052204
How about you become an adult yourself

And then it won't matter.
>>
>>95052204
We should produce a shitload of adult cartoons to the point of outnumbering kids' cartoons and shove them down people's throats.
>>
>>95052204
Live in Europe?
>>
>>95052204
I wouldn't think comics are for idiots if comics didn't treat me like one. Why is all the writing so terrible?
>>
>>95052204

Who cares what the mainstream thinks about anything?
>>
you can't because it's true

the few oddball good comics and cartoons/anime doesn't change the fact
>>
File: 1492574240919.jpg (66KB, 545x778px) Image search: [Google]
1492574240919.jpg
66KB, 545x778px
>>95056965
Ones with normie friends and family
>>
>>95052204
>Implying that the media is wrong
Just lurk more on /co/ and you'll know that they mostly like stuff made for idiots and children.
>>
>>95056759
Why aren't you reading better comics?
>>
>>95052303
It's never too late, Anon. Personally, I find that attitude as one of the problems: Comics will never acquire the respect they deserve as an artform unless we, the readers and creators, give them the proper respect they deserve. I have a simple theory that because Comics were born at a similar time to film, the form became the "put secondary ideas here" bin for all stories not good enough for the cinema.

If we don't respect comics, the mainstream public won't either.
>>
>>95052204

Just because something is for children doesn't make it bad. Plenty of award winning stuff is aimed at under 18's. Maybe you should just have less insecurity over the stuff you enjoy? Ya know, like an adult?
>>
>>95052303
It's generally the children who care about how their hobby is seen in the first place. Most of /co/ shouldn't worry about what others think as you've said, enjoy what you enjoy, if your hobby never becomes seen they way you think it should then oh well.
>>
File: thumbs.png (398KB, 439x460px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.png
398KB, 439x460px
God damn, everyone in this board are cucks.
>>
We fight fire with fire. We attack their cherished beliefs THROUGH the mediums of animation and comic books. We form our own publishing company and absolutely slate social media, reality tv, pop music, sjws AND the alt-right. We create something profound.
>>
>>95052204
>Bad rep = Left alone
>Good rep = Taken over by the masses
I say we prove them right so that the normies leave us alone
>>
>>95052204
comics are for man-children
>>
Act like adults about it. There will always be people who think comics or cartoons are for children simply because it's drawn artwork that isn't made by some renaissance painter or in a museum. But instead of bowing your head in shame and acting awkward when someone looks down on comics/cartoons, have an intellectual reply that examines the finer details of the media as a way to explain why you're into these things. Sure, not everyone will listen, but those who do will be fascinated and may very well go on to become fans themselves.
>>
File: whore.jpg (108KB, 1166x908px) Image search: [Google]
whore.jpg
108KB, 1166x908px
Both are part of a dying industry, what little it has in the way of intellectual discourse or artistic merit is pitiful in the eyes of everyone else. Always placing movies and anime on a pedestal above all else.
>>
>>95055075
Dumb Dianafag.
>>
Western media's oxymoronic sensitively puritan but sex/violence worshipping ways are already enough of a joke for me not to care. Hollywood is a secret club full of jews and lizard people, and anyone who hoots and hollars about which celebrity took a shit is a mindless drone.
>>
>>95052249
Fuck, if only. They're the only ones distributing comics I still buy besides Hellboy.
>>
>>95055619
Yes, Asterix, Tin Tin and duck comics are the epitome of literature. Fuck off, Euroboo. Your comics are just as shit as American ones.
>>
>>95060923
You are right anon, everyone knows southafrican comics/Korean webtoons are the best in the world
>>
>>95060923
>Euroboo
STOP.
>>
>>95052204
Cartoons really are for children though.
>>
>>95061531
>t. manchild who gets worked up over capeshit
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.