[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>["America"] commits the crime of being a first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 78

File: 12.jpg (206KB, 883x862px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
206KB, 883x862px
>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic.

Insightful view into world of people hating shit comics because they're bigots. Brought to you by your favourite news source - Bleeding Cool.

http://archive.is/e06xa
>>
you're a day late OP, or should I say Rich
>>
>America is the ongoing series from Marvel Comics starring the character Ms. America Chavez, written by Gabby Rivera and drawn by Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, and now Ramon Villaboros — with upcoming pages from Jaime Hernandez, a first for a monthly Marvel comic. And for some people on the internet, it is the very worst comic book on the planet. It commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic.
>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
>And one such trolling attempt appears to have been semi-successful. 4chan is the collection of message board known for their anarchic free speech, responsible for everything from alt-right memes such as Pepe to the anti-Scientology actions of Anonymous. The subgroup 4chan/co, which focuses on comics, animation, and sometimes how terrible I am, saw one member concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series with over-the-top praise that they think this comic undeservedly gets. And then they compare the comic to a much-derided movie. The letter is signed from CO, the 4chan subforum in question.
>>
Bleeding Cool? More like, Bleeding Anus! Look at that damage control from those ass blasted fuckers!.
>>
>>95025809
Kek. Cry more faggot.
>>
>>95025809
I'm gonna guess.... the writer is Joshua Williams? God that turd.
>>
>>95025837
>and sometimes how terrible I am
That's because you ARE, Leech. One of the few things /co/ and Dan Slott agree on.
>>
>>95025809
>having characters of a variety of sexual origins
>sexual origins
What?
What is a sexual origin? does he mean vaginas? because a lot of people come from vaginas.
>>
>>95026041
christ no it's Rich the Leech. That's even worse
>>
nigga we made it
>>
>>95025809
I thought that it committed the crime of being godawful?
>>
>>95025809
>positive activist
>youdon't obey? I can kill you : the comic
pfft hahaha.
>>
>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic.
Young Avengers? Runaways? none of those ring a bell?
>>
>>95025809
>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist

This desu

We should stop enabling these "people"
>>
Does Rich Johnston fuck?
>>
>>95025809
maybe the crime was that they were trying to sale a not cape comic to people who want to read cape comics
>>
File: 1496892994834.jpg (29KB, 552x446px) Image search: [Google]
1496892994834.jpg
29KB, 552x446px
>>95025809

Oh yes.
>>
>>95025809
I do like how the comments are calling out Rich on his pathetic way of shaming the people who dare not like this trashfire of a comic book. I think the worst part is that Rich doesn't give a single shit about social justice in the goddamn least, he's as invested on the movement as Axel Alonso is, both are pathetic, smarmy motherfuckers who will say the right things to the crowd they're trying to pander to just to earn their much coveted brownie points. Pretty fucking sad desu.
>>
File: 1501127167512.gif (955KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1501127167512.gif
955KB, 499x281px
>>95025837
>The subgroup 4chan/co, which focuses on comics, animation, and sometimes how terrible I am, saw one member concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series
>concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series
>>
>>95026131
Don't lump us in with this garbage, capefag.
>>
File: 1470612996182.png (353KB, 524x395px) Image search: [Google]
1470612996182.png
353KB, 524x395px
>>95025809
America is the poochie of comics
>>
>>95025837

> Jaime Hernandez

JAIME NO ISN'T FANTAGRAPHICS PAYING YOU ENOUGH? YOU AIN'T GOT TO DO THIS MAN YOUR CAREER IS SOLID!
>>
>>95025809
The highest voted comment in that article's comments section:

>What an obnoxious summary that ignores that the comic is extremely poorly written. In other words, if you don't like the writing or the comic, it must be because you're a bigot and hate the LGBTQ community.

>I like America Chavez the character. She's one of the best new Marvel characters introduced from Dark Reign through Young Avengers and Ultimates.

>But this comic, primarily the writing, is painfully bad. Blaming any criticism on bigotry and racism is pathetic.
>>
>>95025809
Absolutely ass blasted
>>
>>95026131

The crime is just that the comic is bad. There's no bigotry, no trolling, no undue hate. "America" is just terrible, and people are using their God-given right to make fun of things that are terrible.

No more, no less.
>>
>>95025837
And there it is
>>
>>95026128
>father of two
He probably was twice cucked.
>>
>>95025809
Cierra tu puta boca, maricon. La mujer ni siquiera sabe español.
>>
>>95025837
>there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
Not gonna lie, I'd be devastated if America would get cancelled. I genuinely look forward to storytimes. It's what Sonichu would be if it had different artist and letter column written by Chris himself.
>>
File: 1491257990823.jpg (65KB, 357x485px) Image search: [Google]
1491257990823.jpg
65KB, 357x485px
>>95025809

Anyone hear from Gabby yet?
>>
>>95025837
BleedingCunt strikes again.

Hi Rich, you porcine cheesewheel intestinal parasite. Feel free to quote this post.
>>
>>95026205
M-maybe it's not THAT Jaime Hernandez?
>>
> Positive Activist Comic

That's...that's really scary. Nobody can say something so absurd unless they have a gun to their head or has drank some serious Kool-Aid or were bought out. Does Marvel have BC in their pocket?
>>
>>95026296
>cheesewheel
Nice.
>>
>>95026223
>I like America Chavez the character. She's one of the best new Marvel characters

Shit taste maximus.
>>
>>95026325
No, Rich is despised on both ends of the spectrum. This is just same old, same usual clickbait. Take the comic that just got trolled by an imageboard and then spin it as "it was only trolled because these people are hateful bigots" to rack in the views from both virtue signalers and people who think that's bullshit.

He always does that, though time and again he tips his hand that if you're not a fedora tipper you're scum with his salt.

Still, the clicks come way first than that.
>>
>>95026337
in fairness, "best" doesn't mean "good".
>>
File: rambeau.png (253KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
rambeau.png
253KB, 435x435px
>>95025809
But /co/'s favorite comic from the post-SW era was Ultimates. America was even on that team!
>>
>>95025809
figures, a comic delves into my fetish and it's the least sexy thing it could have been
looks like it's time to reread Woah Nellie
>>
>>95025809
At first I thought she punched with the Marvel logo.
>>
I'm not the only non-capenigger who can't stand Villalobos, right? He's like a shitty version of Rafael Grampá.
>>
>>95026406
>eyes pointing in wildly different directions
How does something like this slip through?
>>
>>95026452
deadlines.
>>
>>95026452
>Does not know that Monica has a glass eye
>>
>>95026452
you've never seen people with wildly different eyes in real life?
>>
>>95025837
>America is the ongoing series from Marvel Comics starring the character Ms. America Chavez, written by Gabby Rivera and drawn by Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, and now Ramon Villaboros — with upcoming pages from Jaime Hernandez, a first for a monthly Marvel comic.
>a first for a monthly Marvel comic
First at what exactly?
>>
>>95026436
I always thought of him as shitty Quitely meets Burnham
>>
>>95026497
Having Xaime art.
>>
>>95026406
No, Ewingfags are a mix of shills and people who like metashit over good, structured entertainment. Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer it's always present, but it needs to be reigned in before it kills the host.
>>
>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist

That's all you need to say. I don't care what ethnic origin or sexual orientation the characters are, but if the writing sucks, then it sucks.
>>
>>95026510
What dirt do they have on him to rope him into that shit?
>>
>>95026452
Maybe she has a Lazy Eye?
>>
>>95026452
>implying marvel has editors
>>
sacred hemorrhoids, what an horrible thread.
>>
>>95025905
>More like, Bleeding Anus!
this is why I visit this board, for the top tier humor
>>
>>95025837
i dont even hate the america comic, I like the idea of it, but its execution is lazy and obnoxious.
It's just not all that great, and while i DO think /co/ hates it bc it isn't white-guy stuff catering to white guys, I'm extremely annoyed that /co/ is associated with fucking /pol/
>>
>>95026558
Honestly? Not a fucking clue. If it was Beto I'd say he's doing it for shits and giggles to see if he can give America a huge rack, but Xaime? Genuinely flabbergasted.
>>
>>95026606
kys rich
>>
And thus begins the butthurt that will allow the book to increase in sales and prevent it from cancellation. Way to go faggot; you can't just ignore garbage and let it die organically
>>
>>95025837
>>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
>>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead,

Yet, someone this concepts seems to escape all the feminists and SJWs...
>>
>>95026540
>No, Ewingfags are a mix of shills and people who like metashit over good, structured entertainment. Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer it's always present, but it needs to be reigned in before it kills the host.

you can't be serious
Ewing consistently writes books that are GOOD, and true to continuity
literally the apex of what a cape book should be
Ewing is a god
>>
>>95026646
What the fuck? Learn some English, Pajeet.
>>
File: smug gorgons.png (46KB, 319x199px) Image search: [Google]
smug gorgons.png
46KB, 319x199px
>>95025837
>And for some people on the internet, it is the very worst comic book on the planet
Sonichu has the excuse that his author is an actual autist, what's Marvel's excuse?

>and buy something they do like instead
>This idiot think we bought each of America's books
>>
>>95026613
>i DO think /co/ hates it bc it isn't white-guy stuff catering to white guys
Why is your opinion on /co/ so low, anon? Don't you realize that the /pol/ posters are just your average trolls by another name? The book deserves to be hated. Partly because it demeans women and hispanics while attempting to please them. But more than that, it's an amateur work passing off as professional. It's bad in every respect.

Your assumption that anyone who hates it is a white male supremacist makes you just as bad as Marvel and Rich Johnston. Read between the lines. Stop assuming that trolls represent all of /co/.
>>
File: 1500666142323.jpg (814KB, 1940x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1500666142323.jpg
814KB, 1940x1376px
>>95026606

do you really think this book is good, Rich?
>>
>>95026646
It was never about equality, anon.
>>
>>95026679

Yeah...I'm a fucking tard. That's what I get for talking on the phone while typing. My apologies. I have no excuse.

I meant:
"Yet, somehow this concept seems to escape all the feminists and SJWs..."
>>
File: 1479287639943.jpg (782KB, 1983x611px) Image search: [Google]
1479287639943.jpg
782KB, 1983x611px
>>95026540
>Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer it's always present, but it needs to be reigned in before it kills the host.

Is this the "fun is just a buzzword" of /co/ or am I being rused
>>
>>95026642
>And thus begins the butthurt that will allow the book to increase in sales and prevent it from cancellation.
being leftard is a disease. No way a sane human being believe all this. You are dismissing reality for the fantasy that everybody not obeying is mad. This is serious, you aren't functional at all
>>
>>95026750

This...this isn't an edit, is it?

Fucking hell, and they wonder why people shit on the book?
>>
>>95026775
If everytime a media darling had a media blitz that stopped it from failing, we would live in a world where Lady Ghostbusters would have dethroned Star Wars as King of Pop Culture Trash long, long ago.
>>
>>95026677
>literally the apex of what a cape book should be
>Ewing is a god
C'mon now.

Guy is just "Grant Morrison for Dummies".
>>
America has good art, you should've posted something bad from it to start the thread
>>
>>95026642
Mockingbird ended. Wasp ended. Those books rode on controversy too, but they were still cancelled in the end. Squirrel Girl and America clearly found some loophole to stay afloat. But their time will come.
>>
>>95026775
And your an incredible autist if you don't think negative backlash won't increase awareness in SJW circles who will now buy the book out of support
>>
File: 1309553555483.jpg (993KB, 1024x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1309553555483.jpg
993KB, 1024x2300px
>>95025809
>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead
Buy? Personally me I buy good shit like hellboy, mouse guard and hillbilly I buy stories not political comics.
>>
File: 10mt1z[1].jpg (73KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
10mt1z[1].jpg
73KB, 900x900px
>>95026750
wattah?
>>
>>95026747
>Why is your opinion on /co/ so low, anon?
eh?
it's not.
This book is bad, and I agree that it sucks.
I've been here long enough to know that /co/ is one of the better boards, but there are still alot of typical white guys here, who will frequently dislike shit because of bullshit racist reasons, even if they dont realize thats WHY they dislike it, and are great people otherwise.
I love my /co/mrades.

> Your assumption that anyone who hates it is a white male supremacist
nah, like I said I dont think that. I think maybe 40%-50% of /co/ hates it cause their white supremacists
the other half hate it cause it's lazy obnoxious pandering schlock with no forethought or effort
>>
>>95026850
>SJWs
>Buying things instead of pirating them like the Commies they are
>Having any actual money.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (52KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
52KB, 1024x576px
>>95026866
>I've been here long enough to know that /co/ is one of the better boards
Let me guess, you only browse /b/ /pol/ and /co/.
>>
>>95026874
>calling other people communist for pirating comics
>on /co/

the irony is hilarious
>>
>>95026750
>do you really think this book is good, Rich?
its on pair with the best stuff of Morrison, Miller and Moore
>>
>>95026061
This is a comicverse, there's probably some same-sex couple vat cloned babby in the audience.
>>
>>95026866
>40%-50% of /co/ hates it cause their white supremacists
Kek, you're mentally ill if you really think that and are not just (you)farming.
>>
File: America and her moms.gif (128KB, 473x235px) Image search: [Google]
America and her moms.gif
128KB, 473x235px
>>95026061
True, but how many people come from TWO vaginas?
>>
>>95026866
>/co/ is one of the better boards
who the FUCK do you think started /mlp/,
stupid
>>
>>95026952
>and are not just (you)farming.
If you're aware of it, why did you still give him what he wanted?
>>
>>95025837
>Jaime Hernandez
JAIME NO

YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS
>>
As a SJW dyke who lurks this board for comics and little else because I hate who you people have become:

This comic is fucking terrible.
>>
>>95026866
>I think maybe 40%-50% of /co/ hates it cause their white supremacists
That's an unfair assessment. Did you know most of /pol/'s userbase isn't even white?

Hating on diversity characters doesn't make one a white supremacist. Believe it or not, I'm a spic and I despise Marvel's diversity characters. I'm not a white supremacist. I don't like niggers or Puerto Ricans, but that doesn't make me a white supremacist. I just hate this entire empty gesture of "gifting" minorities with characters that supposedly look and act like us. It's condescending and bullshit.
>>
>>95025837
I don't know why Rich thinks we buy it when he's here reading with us every Wednesday
>>
>>95026934
>on pair
>pair
Good effort, son. Keep working at it. You'll get there someday!
>>
File: sfnfsll.jpg (62KB, 316x546px) Image search: [Google]
sfnfsll.jpg
62KB, 316x546px
>>95026988
Cause I'm a nice guy.
>>
>>95025837
>It commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist,
I'm sorry you what?
>>
>>95026501
Burnham is already Quitely-who-can-meet-a-deadline, though
>>
>>95027048
Gabby Rivera published one or two Young Adult novels before a Marvel intern noticed her and Brevoort said "THIS HERE IS SOME PRIME MARVEL MATERIAL!" so they hired her on the spot. They gave her a crash course in comic book writing (just kidding) and let her loose on the script with zero editorial interference.

They wanted a gay Latina to write a gay Latina. So they hired one.
>>
>>95026866
God you're a dumb cunt not everybody who dislikes this sort of pandering, poorly written schlock is a fucking white supremacist. Its a shit comic and even if it wasn't written to be a SJW's wet dream it would still by literary standards be trash.
>>
File: her smile and optimism.jpg (127KB, 590x417px) Image search: [Google]
her smile and optimism.jpg
127KB, 590x417px
>>95025837
>first they poorly reference a Love and Rockets cover
>then they rope Jaime Hernandez himself in
it wasn't supposed to be like this
>>
>>95026613

All of 4chan is associated with /pol/ now. That's the price of becoming so entangled with all of the gender politics bullshit and controversies the last few years. You look up 4chan and the first posted board is /pol/ with a bunch of articles about /pol/ and it's 'influence'. It really shows how much the site has changed for the worse due to idiocy of both sides still unable to figure out they were created for clickbait fodder.
>>
>>95025809
>and sometimes how terrible I am
Don't pretend that you don't get half your stories from /co/ Rich.

You literally have a "story" and by story I of course mean you just fucking copy and pasted verbatim about leaks right after this one you fucking Marvel shilling hack.
>>
>>95025837
>The subgroup 4chan/co, which focuses on comics, animation, and sometimes how terrible I am

Do you guys think Rick posts here?
>>
>>95025837
Normally when I say this I mean it as a bad thing but in this case I am proud of you guys
We /b/ now
>>
>>95026642
Contrary to what Brevoort says outrage does not actually sell comics.
>>
>>95027212
absolutely

he was probably one of the people in the thread yesterday saying it wasn't funny
>>
>>95027212
Of coursh
>>
File: Face of fear.jpg (69KB, 347x356px) Image search: [Google]
Face of fear.jpg
69KB, 347x356px
>>95025837
>the anti-Scientology actions of Anonymous
They say it as if it's a bad thing.
>>
>>95026613
I'm pretty sure /co/ hates it because it's hot fucking garbage, anon. There's a reason it instantly shot up to SoP status, and that isn't just because both the lead and the writer are brown lesbians with severe learning disabilities.

Even though I personally think America was a non-character before Gillen turned her into a Poochie from the Poochieverse created by yet another Poochie, some people here genuinely liked her, and not just for fap-bait.
>>
>>95025809
>commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic
Of course ignoring the fact that /co/ has fucking loved New Super-Man, Green Lanterns and Green Arrow from the start.
>>
>>95026805
>this isn't an edit, is it?
I swear this should be Marvel's new tagline or something, given how often I see it.
>>
>>95027276
>/co/
>loving Green Arrow
>>>>>implying
There were tons of threads complaining about Ollie's SJWness when it first came out. Of course, nowadays most people don't talk about it because it's legit trash
>>
>>95027300
there are always contrarian idiots for every comic
>>
File: oh jesus.png (980KB, 845x569px) Image search: [Google]
oh jesus.png
980KB, 845x569px
>>95026750
And when this shit ends up dying it will of course be blamed on da ebil white comic buyers
>>
>>95027255
IT'S FUCKING INTOLERANT, ANON!
>>
File: 2ffcb964770e.jpg (37KB, 407x556px) Image search: [Google]
2ffcb964770e.jpg
37KB, 407x556px
>>95025837
Why create an hispanic character if it's going to behave as the average commifornian.
We're nothing like that you fag lover.
>>
>>95026986
I thought that came from all those damn /b/ threads spamming the show. Some things I can't unsee from those days...or unread.
>>
>>95026977
This made me laugh more than it should have.
>>
>>95027372
America's not even Hispanic. She's an extra-dimensional something-or-other that just happens to be brown, came to earth, saw other brown people, and then appropriated their culture, because brown. On top of that, the writer is a monolingual Nuyorican with a serious complex about white people and an altavista babelfish tier grasp of Spanish.

The fact that this book even exists makes me feel bad for real Hispanics.
>>
>>95025809
>turning an innocent and fun joke aimed at a terrible comic into more tumblr/pol/ biat
Fuck Rich and fuck OP.
>>
File: GenerationX4.jpg (540KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
GenerationX4.jpg
540KB, 1041x1600px
>>95027053
>>95026501
What does that make Martin Morazzo?
>>
>>95027570
some artist who draws nothing like Quitely or Burnham?
>>
>>95026325
You say that as if he actually read America.
>>
>>95026280
Nothing about it on her twitter.

>I really hate when bartenders/servers are POC and still treat white patrons better i.e. saying hello, offering menu + specials but not 2 me

Just her usual drivel.
>>
>>95027620
>I really hate when bartenders/servers are POC and still treat white patrons better i.e. saying hello, offering menu + specials but not 2 me
The fuck?
>>
>>95027620
>>I really hate when bartenders/servers are POC and still treat white patrons better i.e. saying hello, offering menu + specials but not 2 me

It's because they -as a bartender/server- know that you -as a POC- probably won't tip. White patrons do, so they get better treatment.
>>
>>95026642
Like people here wants this trainwreck to be cancelled. The America storytimes are always a great time, I'm glad this comic exists.
>>
>>95026952
Not him but that's probably about right. Or even higher. Half the time threads about this shit doesn't actually say anything about the bad writing but are just /pol/ threads ranting about cucks and niggers. I think people in other places hate these things for good reasons but that this place mostly doesn't even read them but just wants to vent and talk about politics all of the goddamn time. You have to look elsewhere to find people who actually read or watched the thing who have an opinion about the actual thing not just politics.
>>
>>95027703

>Profiling Works!
>>
>>95026866
Typical white guys are racist?
Also 6/8, pretty good, quite subtle.
>>
>>95027694
You can go to her twitter randomly at any time and find her bitching about straight people, white people, males, or any combination of the above. I've tested this and she's yet to disappoint.
>>
>>95027782
>the average white person isn't a racist bastard
kek
>>
>>95027255
They do?
They seem to use it to contrast with the alt-right thing.
>>
>>95027703
She looks white desu. It's probably the fact that other people are dressed more like someone who'd tip well and give away nicer vibes than fat, mad feminist who is likely looking around the room, searching for white men to inspire a made up story for twitter.
>>
>>95027300
>because it's legit trash
Your shit taste is showing.
>>
>>95027795
Post her twitter.
I think I have an idea for a new drinking game.
>>
>>95027859
QuirkyRican
>>
>>95027782
>Typical white guys are racist?
They're not but typical /pol/tards are whether they're white or not and there are a lot of them here.
>>
>>95027850
Hi Percy! Just wanted to say you're the Dan Slott of Green Arrow and I can't wait for you to fuck off.
>>
>>95027795
Maybe you guys shouldn't spend your entire lives obsessing over these people and their social media like psychopaths.
>>
>>95026613
I've never seen /co/ hate Luke Cage because he's black, Julie and Simone from Dofus because they're a lesbian couple, Jo from miss don't touch me because she's transexual, or Backsad because it's furry, amongst other things.
Most of the time, the comics involved are just porly written, and "you hate us because we're progressive" is nothing more than an attempt to discredit criticism.
>>
>>95026540
>Shitting on Ewing
That's a good red flag to see how tasteless some people can be.
Ultimates is full of "metashit", but it's done great. Ewing even managed to salvage Bendis's retarded dark celestials.
U.S.Avengers is great, not meta but often clever and full of keikakus.

>Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer
Am I being baited ? You can't be this retarded.
>>
>>95027891
Thank you anon, that's a great compliment. Dan is a legend, super nice guy and great comic writer. Have a nice day.
>>
>>95027891
>Dan Slott of Green Arrow
but he hasn't been introducing insufferable OCs and writing it for a decade
>>
>>95027714
Confirmed for not ever being in an America storytime thread and only coming to /co/ for outrage threads.
>>
>>95027900
Maybe you should learn how to write a comic that isn't complete dogshit, Gabby.
>>
File: 1485409222910.png (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485409222910.png
55KB, 400x400px
>>95025809
>make a shit comic
>people defend it by blaming everyone else
>>
>>95026452
She's solid light. She may have fucked up the details.
>>
>>95025837
>Free Speech is Anarchic
>>
>>95027932
I've been in them, even the storytime threads are bitching over something being "SJW" or niggers half or more of the time which isn't a nuanced review with a minority of people commenting on actual story issues with lefit complaints. I didn't say no one here ever has legit criticims or that these comics aren't usually bad because they are, just that the comments on this one board are mostly cucks, liberals, faggots, niggers, etc. which drowns out the actual criticism and undermines it. It's understandable that people think 4chan just hates it because it has black people in it because a ton of people will actually say that and when asked to give real criticism will actually say, "That is legitimate criticism, black people (or faggots or whatever) make things objectively bad, diversity is a disease so it's bad," on so on. Some of them might be trolls but that's a big part of the reason people don't take 4chan seriously.
>>
File: nbkduoh.jpg (74KB, 449x575px) Image search: [Google]
nbkduoh.jpg
74KB, 449x575px
>>95027865
>I just wanna consensually collect all my queer brown gender flagrant peoples & get the fuck outta here & head to a land far from this US bs
I have a feeling that her twitter is a goldmine. Gonna dig deeper.
>>
>>95027694
That's probably because other POC DONT TIP.
>>
>>95028054
>telling lies on the internet
>>
>>95027620
>but not 2 me
you had ENOFFFFFF chica, you already had ENOFFFFFFF
>>
>>95027865
>QuirkyRican
was SortaRican already taken?
>>
File: 223.jpg (126KB, 641x853px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
126KB, 641x853px
>>95028083
>be waiter
>see pic related
Do you expect a generous tip?
>>
>>95025837
>But rather than realizing it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
Hasn't he done this multiple times against things SJWs deem problematic?
>>
>>95028195
Yeah, he doesn't give a shit. He just wants his ad revenue.
>>
>>95026677
His books are creative but aren't consistently good. His Loki and portions of mighty avengers were very boring.
>>
>4chan is the collection of message board known for their anarchic free speech
>anarchic free speech

disgusting bootlicker
>>
>>95028176
this is supposed to be not white? I'm confused.
>>
>>95028223
>Loki
>very boring
fuck off
>>
File: vAp7EI6.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
vAp7EI6.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>95026977
Guys having a slow weekend?
>>
>>95026452
It could be an edit too, people do it all the time.
>>
>>95026750
This comic makes me wish I wasn't gay more than anything else in my life right now. And I live in a hick town.
>>
>>95027212
He does, sometimes under his own name.
>>
>>95028061
> if Constantine came from Kentucky
>>
All my comments be getting upboats. I really like that BC switched to disqus.
>>
>>95025837
>Being this ass-blasted abou Marvel's lack of editor

At some point when sarcasm gets past enough people that they end up publishing it as a genuine comment with a response, it ends up being the other person's fault for not being aware enough.

This is the equivalent of pranking someone by putting fake vomit on their car, the other person stares at the vomit, pokes at it, asks another person if it looks like vomit, then determining it is indeed vomit and getting pissed at the prankster.
>>
>>95026977
>how many people come from TWO vaginas?
You asked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3Fb51GfdE
>>
We've all heard this excuse before, Ghostbusters.
>>
>>95025837
>The subgroup 4chan/co
>board name also written CO, all caps
>>
>>95028054
>even the storytime threads are bitching over something being "SJW" or niggers half or more of the time
That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>95026452
Synergy: Forrest Whittaker is being cast as Monica in Captain Marvel.
>>
>the hacker known as 4chan strikes again
huehuehue
>>
>she can try using it for brownie points
>it can be used to beg for sales
>it can be used to prove she's writing something good since "the evil white menz" are fighting it
But she can never, never take back the fact that she's stupid enough to sincerely respond positively to that letter that was obviously shitting on her by comparing her to wiseau. And it got published. And shipped. And it can't be undone.
>>
>>95027865
>needs a beer and hard liquor
First five tweets;
Mentions POC you take a sip
Mentions LGBT you take a shot
Mentions Trans specifically person on your left takes a shot
Mentions White people person on your right takes a shot
Any complaint all three people take a sip
Combo moves encouraged...
Next person in line takes next five tweets

Whaddya think?
>>
>>95028571
I think you should take your epic 4 tha win drinking game to r/The_Donald where it belongs
>>
>>95027859
>I think I have an idea for a new drinking game.
>how_to_die_of_alcohol_poisoning_in_a_single_night.jpgpnggifwebm
>>
Remember the good ol' days...when we actually started to LIKE this character?
>>
>>95027177
All of 4chan always gets associated with whoever is stirring up the most fun at the moment. Whether it's /b/ messing with football and blowing up vans or /v/ becoming the "Cathedral of Misogyny". Right now it's /pol/, a year from now? Who knows? Maybe /ck/ will start hunting down Applebees waitresses and 4chan will get associated with that. Is what it is, my man.

>>95027620
Gee Gabby, maybe the problem isn't your skin color, but your terrible attitude. It's also kind of creepy that she just assumes that all non white people should share some bond.
>>
>>95028712
>Maybe /ck/ will start hunting down Applebees waitresses
My guess: one of them will turn out to be a cannibal and will provide pics. Rest will comment that it actually look tasty.
>>
>>95028676
Because she was a blank slate with a good design that we could fap to.
>>
>>95028676
>character
We liked her when she was thighs in some tight fitting booty shorts.
>>
File: Burns_Down_Kitchen_Needs_Fag.jpg (24KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
Burns_Down_Kitchen_Needs_Fag.jpg
24KB, 350x525px
>>95025809
TFW Ramon Villalobos' great art is being blasted via association to America, despite his being objectively great.
>>
File: Villalobos_Six_in_One.jpg (1MB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Villalobos_Six_in_One.jpg
1MB, 1249x1920px
>>95026750
That great art is being ruined by Young Adult Fiction bilge. *sigh* Why can't they give him an X-Book already?
>>
>>95027620
She's an excellent example of the Horseshoe Theory in action.
>>
>>95028934
>>95029028
he's a poor man's poor man's Quitely
>>
>>95025809
I knew they'd go with the "waaaaaaaah evil racists and misogynists" excuse. If the people creating this book and their defenders don't have the the awareness to recognize an obvious stealth insult until it's pointed out, then they don't have the self-awareness to realize their own shortcomings.

>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
It's not an either/or deal Rich the Leech. I buy books I like such as RYV, Gwenpool and Deathstroke. I read pirated copies of America on 4chan because it's so bad it's funny and also so I can properly criticize all of its myriad shortcomings and drive home this book as the biggest example of everything wrong with current Marvel.
>>
>>95028934
>>95029028

I think E is for Extinction had much better art because Villalobos liked the material much more. He draws so much like Quitely that Morrison XMen may have been an influence on him when he was young.
>>
>>95025837

Haha, one little joke and they make it sound like the end of the world coming from an evil internet dictatorship.
>>
>>95029077
E is for Extinction is awful to look.
>>
File: DC_V_Marvel_Luchador.jpg (496KB, 1280x1476px) Image search: [Google]
DC_V_Marvel_Luchador.jpg
496KB, 1280x1476px
>>95029066
Maybe. But I love his Mexican Wrestling aesthetic.
>>
File: 1498507467981.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498507467981.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>95026642
>And thus begins the butthurt that will allow the book to increase in sales and prevent it from cancellation.
Yeah just look at Red Hood and the Outlaws! Look how many people kept buying after the Starfire controversy in the first issue.
>>
>>95028712

I know, it's more that unlike in the past people are taking the /pol/ and tumblr shit too seriously and it's not just harmless fun.
>>
>>95027868
>You can't post on two boards.
STFU Nazi.
>>
>>95029282
The problem with rhato wasn't Starfire, it was Roy being a shit and lowering book quality just by being in it.
>>
>>95029282
I mean it did last all of New 52 and on into Rebirth
>>
>>95029064
>Horseshoe Theory
This is an ironically roundabout method of describing how people who are desperate to make a point (political extremists) don't make sense. It doesn't say anything other than an obnoxious but implied endorsement of centerism or not caring.
>>
>>95028676
Isn't she still good in The Ultimates? Haven't read it in a while, so I'm legitimately asking
>>
>>95029382
Ultimates ended/cancelled....
>>
>>95025809
>>95025837

>hating because they're bigots

lol yeah, i'm such a bigot that i voted for a woman - Jill Stein

couldn't have anything to do with the horrible writing and the showcasing of @$$ on the cover pages of comics proving their hypocrisy lol

>being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist

Man-Thing written by R.L. Stine has it beat by a few days, let alone any other YA authors who i'm sure have written comic books in the past, years and years before this
>>
>>95027620
maybe she should hit on a white guy who's willing to give her the dick with erect respect.
>>
>>95029746
>voting for Jill Stein
>>
>>95028247
She's as unwhite as I am, and my grandfather was an aboriginal Canadian.

Which is to say I keep my mouth shut about it because my teachers didn't beat me for the colour of my skin (unlike my father) because I'm white enough, and this whole shtick about skin colour or gender forming a subtle caste system is complete fucking bullshit.
>>
>>95029746
he's saying that Gabby is a first-time comic writer, not that it's the first time a YA writer has written a comic
>>
>>95028363
holy shit just have a show with the main character with two moms. showcasing that shit is forced and stupid
>>
>>95026205
To be fair both Jaime and Hernandez are common spic names.
t. spic pro
>>
>>95029813
for a first time comic writer, it was still pretty bad. did she get any help? let's not forget that an editor had to read it and say "yup, this is fine". her writing is shit and the POSes at marvel are enabling her to make comics about POC look fucking horrible
>>
>>95029901
ok but you were nitpicking over word choice that you misunderstood
>>
File: nothing.png (162KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.png
162KB, 400x302px
>>95029796
>voting for the trump or clinton dumpster fires

LOOOOL let me guess. you think not voting is better?
>>
>>95029935
i am not responsible for amphiboly. i didn't say you were wrong and i shifted my bitching.
>>
File: 1499202071429.png (203KB, 308x376px) Image search: [Google]
1499202071429.png
203KB, 308x376px
>>95029858
>they hire some nobody who just so happens to be named Jaime Hernandez in the hopes of people thinking it's the one from Love & Rockets
Wew that would be diabolical if true.
>>
>>95029901
This. An editor's job ( or a big part of it) is to bring out a writer's best possible work.
Maybe Gabby's prose work is fucking awesome, but the change in media threw her for a loop and the people who are supposed to be there helping her pick up the slack just aren't putting in their share of the work?
America on was actually really cool, prior to this book, so I'm just really confused by whatever the fuck happened to make her ongoing series so very bald and flat.
>>
>>95029796
and bernie sanders before that. and ralph nader before that
>>
>>95029993
>bring out the writer's best possible work

if that was her best work then it's shit and the rough drafts had to have been even more atrocious which is pretty difficult to imagine
>>
File: sFn5w-b5.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
sFn5w-b5.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>>95029993
>Maybe Gabby's prose work is fucking awesome
No, you're giving Gabby too much credit.
>>
File: aquagina.jpg (128KB, 796x731px) Image search: [Google]
aquagina.jpg
128KB, 796x731px
>>95029941
>Jill "wifi causes cancer" Stein
>>
>>95025837
>delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.

Doesn't it barely sell above 10k? I'm sick of all this fake news about America. It's poorly written, poorly constructed garbage.
>>
>>95030014
No, the point is that, with a better editor, the fluff and chaff would be trimmed out.
It would be the same story, Yeah, just without bubblegum soliloquies plastered across every page.
>>
>>95030014
I unironically want a director's cut of America.
>>
File: America Chavez face.png (595KB, 509x596px) Image search: [Google]
America Chavez face.png
595KB, 509x596px
>>95029028
>great art
>>
File: 1503529870266.jpg (16KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1503529870266.jpg
16KB, 500x565px
>>95029688
>>
File: Shemale-chainmail.jpg (148KB, 664x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Shemale-chainmail.jpg
148KB, 664x1024px
>>95030037
Still sounds like she ripped that off from Grant Morrison.
>>
File: 1503716593463.jpg (20KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
1503716593463.jpg
20KB, 504x415px
>>95030064
Can't have a better editor if there isn't one to begin with
>>
File: Based_Domino.png (490KB, 1280x1752px) Image search: [Google]
Based_Domino.png
490KB, 1280x1752px
>>95030087
Yeah, I love the art he's done in America. I just wish they'd give him an X-Men book already.

Like X-Force. I mean look at this Domino. HAWT!
>>
>>95030037
Maybe, but that speech is pretty succinct. Purple, yeah, but maybe it works in context?

All I know is that America is pretty awful, but Gabby isn't the only person working on it. In publishing, you have a whole pipeline of people who all have to look at a book and say Yea or Nay to it before it hits press. You don't get good work from a creative by patting their head and saying their stuff is good by default, you need to push. You need to be pushed. You have to improve and that never happens if your higbox just keeps telling you that you don't need to.
>>
>>95025837
>anarchic free speech
You mean free speech?
>>
>>95027900

It's funny
>>
File: RCO021_1472783526.jpg (513KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021_1472783526.jpg
513KB, 1041x1600px
>>95029171

I liked it
>>
>>95030052
http://www.parentsforsafetechnology.org/worldwide-countries-taking-action.html

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/major-cell-phone-radiation-study-reignites-cancer-questions/
>>
Buy my product or you are worse than hitler
>>
/pol/ here

you guys are alright
>>
>>95028712
>Maybe /ck/ will start hunting down Applebees waitresses and 4chan will get associated with that. Is what it is, my man.

bahahah as a long time /ck/ tard thats basically perfect, or maybe just taking over a taco bell and forcing the workers to make them free crunch wraps and chalupas.

Got my fire sauce, worth it.
>>
The thing that annoys me most about the book?

Goddamn Arcade is back to having teens fight to the death. I thought everyone at Marvel agreed to never mention THAT series again except to spit on it? And after having Moon girl be a teacher, THAT thing is what continuity she does bring in?

I have no sympathy for her.
>>
>>95030286
Kill yourself you fucking nigger, we don't want you here and we don't want to be seen with you.
>>
>>95030305
Cute
>>
>>95030219
I did, too. Mostly because of the art, but yeah, that mini was fun to read.
>>
>>95030163
>>95025837
>>95028051

they know they can't use the phrase "hate speech" because some people sincerely do dislike the comic for legitimate, not discriminatory reasons
>>
>>95028061

That sounds like a fine idea. I fully support it. Take all them queer brown gender flagrant peoples and go to a land far from this US bs. I'm sure you'll have it better there.
>>
>>95030305
I am /pol/ and /co/. I am here forever.
>>
>>95026613
>and while i DO think /co/ hates it bc it isn't white-guy stuff catering to white guys

Then you're a fucking moron. Green Lanterns is one of /co/'s favorite books as is New Super-Man
>>
File: Patsy_F_Off.jpg (62KB, 633x633px) Image search: [Google]
Patsy_F_Off.jpg
62KB, 633x633px
>>95030406
>>
>>95027620
Maybe they'd treat her better if she didn't call them coloreds.
>>
>>95030406
Are you new?
Non-whites are more than half of posters.
>>
>>95030550
it's obviously someone just fishing for (you)s.
>>
>>95028712

>/cock/ Auteur Hannibal Jr. hunts applebees waitresses.

yes, YESSS
>>
>>95030052
No candidate is perfect, anon.
>>
>>95030550

4chan is the one place where no boundaries exist between people unless they put them up themselves, trip/namefags etc.

For people treated like great other, it would be pretty appealing to be just another person in the crowd.
>>
File: happy chicken.jpg (727KB, 1985x2838px) Image search: [Google]
happy chicken.jpg
727KB, 1985x2838px
>>95027276
>>95030453
This.

By and large, most comic book readers, including most of /co/ from what I've seen, don't give a shit about diversity one way or another, as long as the books are good. Green Lanterns and New Super-Man are great because they're well written; America is trash because it's badly written. The quality of the writing has fuck all to do with how many diversity check boxes the characters happen to tick off. The fact that so many at Marvel use "diversity" as both a crutch in place of quality and as a shield against criticism is fucking pathetic.

Also, more people need to support New Super-Man. Just sayin'.
>>
>>95030087

Who talks like that?
>>
File: polcompasscartoon.jpg (112KB, 695x679px) Image search: [Google]
polcompasscartoon.jpg
112KB, 695x679px
>>95030387
me too
>>
We have literal proof that the editorial staff of the book is so tonedeaf and oblivious that they can't tell when they're being insulted.
No matter how they spin this that much is clear.
>>
>>95029746
RL Stine on Man-Thing is what they should be doing more of. Bringing in YA authors and giving them books that actually fit their style. Instead they keep trying to shove a square peg in a round hole. If they want to bring in people like Rivera, don't force them into a super hero book because chances are, they're not a good fit. If they want the YA audience, let these authors work outside in continuity super hero stories.

>>95030550
>responding to obvious bait
Are YOU new?
>>
File: 1325367654237.png (6KB, 553x546px) Image search: [Google]
1325367654237.png
6KB, 553x546px
>>95025837
>4chan/co
First time a site doesn't insert a capital or a space and they still manage to fuck it up.
>>
>>95030871

Well at least the 'reporter' visited the site to do research. These people are scared of their own shadow and fear we're going to get something on their shoes.
>>
>>95030849
I think the issue is that Marvel wasn't thinking of it as a superhero book. They cased a latina lesbian to write a latina lesbian. Just like how they constantly shove the black guy on BP to matter how many ideas he has for Spider-man.
>>
>>95026642
Good, more lols for us
>>
>>95030712
All of this, but especially
>Also, more people need to support New Super-Man. Just sayin'.
Between Jaime and Kenan DC is killing it with the diversity characters in a way that Marvel wishes they could.
>>
>>95030871
Rich probably did it specifically to annoy us
>>
>>95030995
>Jaime
maybe 10 years ago
>>
File: 1480170486021.jpg (748KB, 976x1988px) Image search: [Google]
1480170486021.jpg
748KB, 976x1988px
>>95030995
>Forgetting best girl and 2nd best Green Lantern
>>
>>95030995

DC has it minorities be actual people and show how they grow into their roles. Imagine if Jessica had no flaws and the first issue of GL's opened with the other lanterns, JL members and Humphries telling us how great she is
>>
>>95026275
>I genuinely look forward to storytimes.

Truly this brings us together.
>>
>>95026642
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1333861306418.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
1333861306418.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>95031092
>>
>>95027919
>>Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer
>Am I being baited ? You can't be this retarded.

See George Lucas. The original trilogy as a team effort and a Masterpiece! The Prequels... not so much. And they were ALL George.

Being creative is a good thing. But sometimes, especially with hyper creatives, they need to be reined in, or put on limiters so their creativity doesn't spiral out of control into an incoherent mess.
>>
>>95030724
A lesbo, apparently
>>
>>95028176
That is the ugliest transperson I have ever seen. I don't even know what gender it's trying to play at.
>>
>>95030849
Was Stine's Man-Thing a good book? I meant to start reading that but I forgot it happened.
>>
>>95031348
not really
>>
>>95028247
>not white
Yeah, but she's a particular ethnicity. I can see it in the eyes and nose
>>
>>95031348
Sadly no. It had Man-Thing constantly quipping and monologing to himself.

Though i guess i went into it expecting a more typical Man-Thing story so it wasn't really my kind of thing. It also had little side stories at the end that were just like a short goosebumps story in comic form, which was neat.
>>
Question: Which is worse, Gabby Rivera, Kate Leth, or Rich?

As terrible as that Queen of the Chongas, Gabby Riviera is, I still have more respect for her than I do for Rich. At least her garbage is entertainingly terrible.

Feel free to quote me on that one.,

Also, I think that people don't respect exactly how multicultural /co/ is. We have motherfuckers from everywehere on the planet. And it's the latin american fags who actually know that Gabby Riviera is about as latino as taco bell who I think are the most pissed off of all.

>>
File: 1377271111095.jpg (19KB, 343x458px) Image search: [Google]
1377271111095.jpg
19KB, 343x458px
>>95026750
I don't know what to say like everyone else has already said.

It's shit marvel really is just fucking shit now, this is what happens when you try to please everyone.
>>
>>95031489
Kate Leth wrote that shitty Hellcat story, right?
>>
>>95029353
It's not about not caring, it's about how the extremes often see things in such as black and white "with us or against us" way that their arguments sound the same. For tumblr everything bad is caused by cis white men or just anyone from any group no matter how shitty their situation who uses the wrong buzzwords or pisses someone with a few followers off, the result is a lots of doxing, harassment, bullying and threats and shit. For /pol/ it's all "da Jewz" and "libcucks" and Asians and women and hispanics and hanicapped people and gay people and trans people and bi people and normies and so on. Again the result is threats, harassment, doxing, bullying. Except for swapping out the buzzwords both "arguments" sound the same. But you can care a lot without falling into those two retarded hugboxes or even being center. Just don't lose site of everything outside of your echo chamber and circlejerk that's all.
>>
>>95031523
Aye
>>
Marvel is endlessly entertaining to observe now. Like a car crash in slow motion.
>>
>>95031544
Oh then it still is Gabby Rivers who's worse but better because America is so bad it's funny while Hellcat was just boring bad
>>
>>95031489
The first two only have jobs in the industry because of guys like Rich so...
>>
File: marvel's target audience.png (25KB, 608x272px) Image search: [Google]
marvel's target audience.png
25KB, 608x272px
>>95031092
The leagues of difference between characters who happen to be minorities and minorities pretending to be characters is huge.

>>95031523
Yup.
>>
>>95031489
>Also, I think that people don't respect exactly how multicultural /co/ is. We have motherfuckers from everywehere on the planet. And it's the latin american fags who actually know that Gabby Riviera is about as latino as taco bell who I think are the most pissed off of all.

Am Latino. Can confirm.
>>
>>95031607
You disagree with the white liberals on a soapbox so now you're also white, which is bad for you but okay for them...that's how it works.
>>
>>95031607
Also Latino, why can't we get any good more good Mexican inspired /co/ stuff, instead we get shit identity politics
>>
>>95031814
>Mexican inspired
Oh great, more luchadores and Dia de Muertos, you do know there more countries around here?
>>
>>95031814
Sorry, PC culture has taken over media. But if you go outside to places other than college campuses people aren't like that, but liberals have put the fear into people so ironically we are more racially divided than 10 or 20 years ago.

People are afraid to say even the most softball things for fear of losing jobs.
>>
>>95031814
Because "Latino" to comics companies usually boils down to ambiguously brown and sprinkles their speech with Spanish sounding words every other sentence. They don't delve into the different sub cultures, be it East L.A., or Miami Cuban. They just spend two seconds on Google Translate, slap on a Luchador Mask and consider themselves "Progressive". It's literary brown face.
>>
>>95031868
There's a wealth of cultural mythology to mine for story ideas and imagery, but I can't trust Marvel to not go out of their way to be offensive after reading the America storytimes.
>>
File: bobby-cannavale_0_0.jpg (15KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
bobby-cannavale_0_0.jpg
15KB, 300x409px
>>95031924
Well with antman, the dude that was with scott's exwife was part Puerto rican. Lewis however was much more "obviously" latino. Guess which one people completely ignored as representation and which one they called a mistral show.
>>
>>95031868

You got El Dorado, I suppose
>>
>>95031917
>Sorry, PC culture has taken over media.

Maybe you just spend too much time on the internet?
>>
>>95032039

Considering that an analyst who said Google is a monopoly got fired for saying that, I don't know anymore.
>>
>>95028247
If George Perez counts as Puerto Rican, so does she and he's whiter than her
>>
>>95031489

>Gabby Riviera is about as latino as taco bell

What, like, highly white but with a touch of maybe <1/4 Latino so they cling to that? I have some friends like that.
>>
>>95032039

It's no joke that PC culture has gone rampant. The only difference is that back then, it was the conservative soccer moms enforcing it.
>>
>>95032023
Hey. I LOVED Luis! I have cousins like that, man! I think it's kind of like Speedy Gonzales, where there is an ethnic character that's scrappy, but also intelligent, strong, clever, and yet due to a few superficial cultural cues people feel like they need to get offended on others behalf.
>>
>>95032055
Wasn't that analyst hired by Google in the first place?
>>
>>95032039
No, at work I would not even hint that I am basically anything less more left than Stalin.

Boss basically comes in "FUGGIN TRUMP FUGGIN REPUBLICANS!" Then he flips on CNN in the break room.
>>
>>95032154

That's the irony.
>>
>>95032171
riveting tale, chap.
>>
>>95026203
Man, why you gottA' be down on my man, Poochie, like that?
>>
>>95032171
you must feel so persecuted
>>
>>95027212
Where have YOU been? He's always posted here, sometimes he uses his name.

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/71384627/#71393560
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/69738649/#69761867
>>
>>95025837
>>95025809
What are its sales like now?
>>
>>95028712
god I miss when /b/ was the site's big boogieman
>>
File: Shrug...png (4KB, 306x269px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug...png
4KB, 306x269px
>>95031586
>I like a lot of the Warhammer 40K lore and fan things like If the Emperor had a Text to Speech Device
>Would never ever describe myself as a "Massive Fan" of 40K because I have never played a game of any type in my life nor have I read any books or anything of real significance that wasn't on a wiki
Why are fake fans so touchy about being called out? Like just be real about liking something only on the surface level and don't pretend that you are entitled to any amount reverence or comradery from people who actually have life experience with the subject.
>>
>>95032108
So everything is the same.
>>
>>95028176
Why does she dress like a mid-90s 8 year old?
>>
>>95032397

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-month-to-month-sales-june-2017-meet-me-just-under-the-guillotine/

>176- AMERICA

>04/17 America # 1 - 43,592
>04/17 America # 2 - 23,987 (-45.0%)
>05/17 America # 3 - 16,262 (-32.2%)
>06/17 America # 4 - 12,624 (-22.4%)

>Since issue #2: -47.4%

>Let’s not turn around for years: it’s a sales disaster. A TPB redemption is still possible.

And if you were wondering about #5's sales, it's 11,354 according to Comichron.
>>
File: imagined realities.png (9KB, 221x277px) Image search: [Google]
imagined realities.png
9KB, 221x277px
>>95032171
>>
>>95032484
>Why does she dress like a mid-90s 8 year old?
Well
>>
File: America.jpg (320KB, 1185x1189px) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
320KB, 1185x1189px
America is fun but only for the co shitshow storytimes.
>>
>>95031814
There were those two good volumes of Ghost Rider till marvel killed it
>>
>>95030248
None of those are actual studies. They're a parent group and a shitty magazine.
>>
>>95028571
Having checked some of the posts, I think you've guaranteed death by alcohol poisoning with this beautiful monster you've created.
>>
>>95031814
Robbie Reyes? Not that there shouldn't be more stuff, but he did exist.
>>
>>95027900
>You shouldn't examine why a writer is racist and bad by looking at material they freely put up on the internet for public consumption.

Social media is a public forum; otherwise why would lefties try and destroy people's lives by what they say on it?
>>
>>95028061
What the devil is a flagrant person?
>>
>>95031424
Oy vey.
>>
>>95032083
I mean like not knowing spanish at all, completely making up shit and calling it mexican food. A sauce packet's worth of authenticity.

Closer to the 1/4 latino's friend who listens to a pitbull album and now thinks they're YO SOY ES MI CARNAL POR LOS VIDAS. We're in this chalupa together! Ride or die!
>>
>>95027343
>WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY THIS COMIC THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR ISN'T RELATABLE TO YOU AT ALL?!?!! YOU WHITE CIS MALE SCUM?!!
>>
>>95026750
The fact that people got paid to write and publish this is enough to send me careering into an existential crisis.
>>
>>95031814

Jessica Cruz doesn't have identity politics. Jaime Reyes doesn't either. They just have shit like "Quick insert a Spanish word randomly to remind everyone he isn't white"
>>
>>95032775
liberals are not leftists
>>
File: 1436998309723.png (16KB, 498x323px) Image search: [Google]
1436998309723.png
16KB, 498x323px
>>95025837
>anarchic free speech

They can't be this dense. Nobody can be this dense.
>>
>>95030328
Doesn't matter, they just need to point the comments that are discriminatory to cast a blanket statement over all naysayers, like Ghostbusters did.
>>
File: Infinity Gauntlet#2 Page2-3.jpg (729KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Infinity Gauntlet#2 Page2-3.jpg
729KB, 1600x1202px
>>95030712
Or that Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet series that was all about a black family with the mother and daughter taking the most important roles. people loved it
>>
>>95032903

Made even more hilarious because they specifically targeted against white cis males and copped a "we don't want or need you to buy our comics, go go vagina power" attitude.
>>
File: 1502589096141.jpg (10KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1502589096141.jpg
10KB, 255x255px
>tfw most youth Mexican heroes are cool character
>tfw America will become some kind of blanket icon for all Hispanics despite not even being from Earth
>>
>>95032919

It should only make you more cynical, nothing else. When it comes to landing a job in the industry, quality doesn't matter. Connections and marketing does. Luckily quality does start mattering when the product gets to the customers, theres only so much advertising can do.
>>
>>95033223
>blanket icon for all Hispanics despite not even being from Earth

Has anyone brought up that she's an actual case of cultural appropriation?
>>
>>95033223
>Sam Alexander and Robbie Reyes are my favorite two Marvel teenage heroes
>both books cancelled after the first set-up arc
>America lives on
>>
>>95033316
Marvel is addicted to headlines.
Nova being good didn't get them any, so they didn't let it coast.

And Robbie's second volume was crap anyway.
Nobody wanted ANGR to be nothing but a reference to that fucking FF team.
>>
File: 1470452543523.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470452543523.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>95025837
>anarchic free speech
Are we really willing to give up our basic freedoms because a bunch of Nazi LARPers hurt your feefees?
I'm hoping the next pendulum shift goes so hard it breaks the metaphorical clock.
>>
>>95026816
>Squirrel Girl

It's charming at least, and I think the writing is decent, even if the art is atrocious.
>>
>>95029028

>Your youth and my experience make us unstoppable

Isn't the point of youth the lack of experience, and the point of experience the lack of youth? Wouldn't it be effectively meaningless/contrary having both?
>>
So, any good Marvel fancomics?
I may actually make one.
>>
>>95026102

Then you have Slingers, New Warriors, New Guardians especially.

Hell, that can fit the XMEN in the early days.
>>
>>95027620

White people tip, bitch!
>>
>>95029353

Well you could use the phrase spectral opposites if that makes you feel better.

Basically it is very clear that she tries to be the opposite of what she thinks is a racist biggot that she begins to have traits of one by being so opposed to that side.

She just said she hates black people serving her because they don't treat her with respect. That is not cool.
>>
>>95033416
>Marvel is addicted to headlines.

They spoil their own events by giving the ending to the press. I'm fucking baffled at they way they openly don't give a fuck about their readers and retailers.
>>
>>95025837
>>95025809

No matter how much they shame people and cry discrimination it won't change that no one is reading the book.
>>
>>95025809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h6es6zh1c

Yes, please continue to play the victim.
>>
File: I know him from 4chan.jpg (105KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
I know him from 4chan.jpg
105KB, 1400x700px
>>95029970
>shifted my bitching
I like it.
>>
>>95026750
>Exposition boxes

And why are there never any backgrounds in this book?
>>
File: IMG_1624.png (81KB, 400x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1624.png
81KB, 400x433px
>>95026814
I'm concerned for your mental state Anon. Do you bump your head a little too hard?
>>
>>95029993
>Maybe Gabby's prose work is fucking awesome
You can't be fucking serious.
The infamous "I'm literally in awe" or whatsit is proof that she can't fucking write for shit. Period.
DIsclaimer: if she's ruing all of us then she's brilliant.
>>
>>95027848

Yeah but she dresses like a twelve year old boy from '93.
>>
>>95033421
i will argue that hate speech is not free speech, but her bullshit whining is trying to falsely accuse us of being bigots when really not all of use are bigots and the writing is objectively trash.

it is not a basic freedom to incite violence. her implication is a false accusation and she's a piece of shit for it.
>>
File: IMG_0971.jpg (15KB, 273x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0971.jpg
15KB, 273x285px
>>95026866
Your condescension is not wanted here. So take your (you) and fuck off.
>>
>>95030151
Are the huge feet a Liefeld joke?
>>
>>95030712
>>95030995
It's just okay, like Flintstones. Not to say it doesn't deserve support but Jesus CHrist it's no masterpiece.
>>
>>95025809
Thanks, nordbro
>>
>>95030782
>individual pratings for each TMNT
Impressive.
>>
>>95033292
In these threas? Sure.
To Gabby or Marvel?
Nope.
$
But to point that out is just step 1 into pointing out how fucking shallow and misguided the book is.
>>
>>95026558

It's an almost entirely spic "creative" staff. If you don't understand it then you just don't understand how these people think.
>>
>>95034424
FUCK
YOU
>>
>>95034587
Spic here. Don't lump us in with these pendejos. Gracias.
>>
I really love this world. As long as I can have fun laughing at it with you.
>>
>>95034789
come on chuchix, it's pendejx now.
>>
>>95028176
What's the medal for?
>>
>>95025809
>>95025837
>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed
Decent point desu
>>
>>95035439
No because the leftists won't do that. For the left everything must be changed to suit them. People on the right do it but not nearly as bad. How many books/movies have been protested and added more monogamous relationships, marriage and Christianity?
>>
>>95026750
Someone was paid to write this.
Fuck, I wanna land a job as a Marvel Editor too, I'd love to get paid to do nothing and drink milkshakes.
>>
>>95035439
it would be if /co/ bought comics
>>
>>95031814
Peruvian here. Mexicans are the most represented in all of Hispanic media. After you come all the Puerto Ricans and their dumb parades. Stop it.
>>
>>95035464
Are you going to take a stand for a value or let yourself get dragged down in whataboutism? If it's a good point then it should be acknowledged.
>>
File: IMG_2709.jpg (250KB, 866x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2709.jpg
250KB, 866x546px
>>95033584
>and I think the writing is decent
>Squirrel Girl
Well your opinion is shit.
>>
ITT: How do you do fellow /co/mrades
>>
>>95035569
god fuck
I hate this
>>
File: Fuck everything.gif (145KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck everything.gif
145KB, 640x480px
>>95035569
>>
File: 1504247140758m.jpg (71KB, 504x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504247140758m.jpg
71KB, 504x1024px
>>95025809
>>
>>95035569
> kick butts

That sure is a line that makes me think 'Galactus'.
>>
File: 1469326103807.png (88KB, 308x231px) Image search: [Google]
1469326103807.png
88KB, 308x231px
>>95035569
>>
>>95025837
>The subgroup 4chan/co, which focuses on comics, animation, and sometimes how terrible I am, saw one member concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series with over-the-top praise that they think this comic undeservedly gets. And then they compare the comic to a much-derided movie. The letter is signed from CO, the 4chan subforum in question.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

This keeps getting better and better, Marvel and their shills are hilarious
>>
>>95026750
That's the worst thing I've ever seen and I'm not memeing here
>>
>>95025837
>anarchic free speech

Weird. This is exactly what they say before they demonetize your youtube channel, get your webpage shut down, or get you kicked off the android store.

PS American Chavez is dogshit
>>
>>95026750

What the FUCK am I reading?
>>
>>95027620

White people tip.
>>
>>95032485

JUST
>>
>>95025809
>99% of the comments section is people pointing out that Rich is full of shit, the comic IS horribly written and that has nothing to do with its politics
>The only guy actually trying to defend it can't come up with any arguments other than "well I like it"
Sometimes all is right with the world.
>>
>>95025837
>anarchic free speech

Jesus, this is the kind of idiots we have to deal with. It's just free speech man, the ability to say wathever one wants.

Also America dares to try and be hip with the Spanish speakers when most of them hate how each other talks the language, it wouldn't kill them to research Spanish, particularly the CR and Mexican variants since those seem to be the most prominent in Murica.

Finally Latinx doesn't work in Spanish, it's a language that needs female and male to work, without it context is completely lost, it's sad to see this kind of shit.
>>
>>95036041
More likely they get the opinion from mexican sjws and take it as granted.
>>
>>95026750
>that awful cadence
Some writers should really try reading their dialogues out loud. If you can't, your writing is shit.
>>
>>95036125
I refuse to believe a Mexican can be a SJW. You wouldn't survive without a thick skin here, they are most likely muricans that where born in there but had a wetback ancestor, no shame in there I'm praising their ancestors for working their ass off and actually becoming citizens and making a live there, however these taco bell Mexicans bring shame to all of us.

Unless they are giving them bad Intel just to see them burn, if there is anything that gets a Mexican going is seeing someone crash and burn even if you have to drag them to hell by the legs yourself.

Anyways the whole gender neutral shit doesn't work with Spanish, let's say "the crazy chicken" it would be "el pollo loco" or "los pollos locos" Heck it can even be "las pollas locas" without context you need gender and number to make a statement, also take in advance that polla is often used as slang for sexual organs instead of just chicken. So by using Latinx shit you could as well be talking about various dicks, or someone called crazy chicken.

That's just in Mexico, it gets crazy once you take in more countries that speak Spanish, fuck gender neutral bullshit. A joto is a joto, a puto is a puto and also a maricon but a puta is someone you pay for her services when you feel alone.
>>
>>95035464
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_commonly_challenged_books_in_the_United_States
You're right, right wingers don't do that. They just insist that all the books/movies/whatever they don't like should be banned forever.
>>
>>95036041
>>95028051
>>95028239
>>95030163
>>95033000
>>95033421
>>95035824

Rich Johnston isn't American.
>>
>>95035464
a lot have been protested but none bowed
>>
You know what I hate about America more than the whole latin(x), weird dialogue, awful art and this awful diversity push? The story is so predictable, I mean the villain is always white and the "Colored people" villains are usually cop outs and are only villains because they're forced to and that the real villain is a white person and then the conflict will be resolved through star punching or some shit like that. Also does Gabby have amnesia or some shit? She wrote America only acts latina because she hanged out in parks (of course that's wehere the fucking latins hang out, classy. Also I thought cultural appropriation is bad? or is that only for white people) so why would her Grand mother act latin american? What the fuck, it's your continuity and she couldn't even follow that?
>>
>>95036217
>these taco bell Mexicans bring shame to all of us.
>there's now a Mexican equivalent of Plastic Paddies
What is it about Americans and trying to play up their ancestry like it's some kind of badge of honour and really important to them, despite being totally disconnected from it and only having the most superficial grasp of their ancestors' culture?
>>
>>95036217

>el pollx locx
>lxs pollxs locxs

>Jotx, putx, maricxn
Get used to the new speak, chuchix..
>>
>>95036338
That's cyberpunk as fuck, though.
>>
>>95027620
>be blackest nigger ever
>get a job as a waiter for a pretty fancy restaurant
>only people who treat me as a human being are white people
>>
>>95027919
Not him but I found ultimate pretty fucking boring.

The meta shit was still dull as dishwater
>>
>>95036334
https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/why-do-the-irish-not-consider-an-irish-american-to-be-irish-214117011-237761281
Americans think that culture is genetic and not related to where you grew up.
>>
>>95025809
someone fucking photoshop the WHAM into MARVEL pls
>>
>>95036338
What really bugs me is that they use an x for "gender neutral" when there are still plenty of vowels left to choose from.
Like, if you're gonna try to make up a new grammatical gender, at least construct it in a way that you can actually pronounce the resulting words in a conversation.
>>
File: alien-3-main[1].jpg (543KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alien-3-main[1].jpg
543KB, 1280x720px
>>95030087
>>
File: 25.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
25.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>95025905
>Bleeding Cool? More like, Bleeding Anus!
>>
>>95036529
Is it latin-ex or la-tinx?
>>
>>95036604

La-tinx
>>
File: XX.png (239KB, 458x558px) Image search: [Google]
XX.png
239KB, 458x558px
>>95036604
Perhaps Latinequis
>>
>>95036529
The X Makes It Sound Cool
>>
>>95036614
Transform! Lesbix!
>>
>>95036604
That's not even the worst one; imagine you had to address your sjw buddies at Spanish bronycon or wherever and they're a mixed group of men, transwomen and mayonnaisegenders. You'd have to figure out how to say the word "amigxs" and have it sound natural.
>>
>>95036389
>>95036334
It's actually so they'll seem "cultured" or "ethnic", and not generic "no culture" American. It's a extension of snowflake mentality.
>>
>>95029989
Nah it's confirmed to be him. It's going to get harder to roast this dumpster fire of a series when he gets on. but not by much.
>>
>>95036861
all it means is the good art MIGHT distract from the asinine writing.
>>
>>95026337

Eh, I hate her as a character. But I can see how people can like the better-written version of her. I'm sure she appeals to certain demographics.

Meanwhile, this comic appeals to no demographic because it is not a comic, it is a badly written racist pamphlet.
>>
>>95025837
>4chan/co
I'm ashamed to admit how much this annoys me. We were trying to have fun and this motherfucker took things way too far.

>>95036861
Stay strong, brother. Don't let the voluptuous amazons distract you from the truth.
>>
>>95035676
I would replace the black woman with the white woman. That would be more accurate.
>>
>>95028176
going to puke
>>
>>95026739
Byrne was also a turbo autist but he still wrote some great comics
>>
>>95032361
>namefag
>no consistent trip
don't be gullible
but he definitely posts here, at this point I think he's just a hypocrite shitposting idiot who pretends to have moral standards in his own page
>>
>>95036217
Well theres always a small segment of of any ethnic group that goes full SJW, usually academics and those in academic circles because they've been away from the community for to long and have gone "native"
>>
File: latino apparently.png (831KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
latino apparently.png
831KB, 600x634px
>>95028176
She's literally as white as this guy

They're white latinos, Gabby.
>>
>>95036294
>I mean the villain is always white and the "Colored people" villains are usually cop outs and are only villains because they're forced to and that the real villain is a white person

Yeah. That's the Disney playbook 2017. That's boilerplate at this point. PoC can never be villains except by being forced into it by racism, threats, privilege, or just really needed a job. The real villain is always the white male behind the scenes.
>>
We also made Outhousers
>>
>>95037341
Scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
>>
>>95036348
What if Gabby is a refugee from a Judge Dredd-like dystopic universe where good writing is punished by the law?
>>
>>95036604
It should not be pronounced at all, period.
>>
>>95025809
Ok hold on guys hold on.
Remember when most of us agreed that the best way to make comics for minorities was to make comics of their own. Isn't America that? Sure it's bad, but isnt this what we mean that people should make stories of minority characters on their own instead of taking over for heroes that are white for diversity sake?
>>
Quick question, wasn't America a DC character originally?
>>
>>95038007
I think you might be thinking of liberty
>>
>>95026750
reminder that the 7th circle of hell is reserved for homos, a desert of unbearable heat where fire rains from the sky
>>
File: 1498016323557.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498016323557.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>95025809
>positive activist comic
>>
HAIL HYDRA!
>>
>>95037986

Yes, absolutely. But literally no one is making fun of America because she's PoC, friend anon. We're making fun of America because the book is hot, runny dogshit.

A PoC book being written by a PoC does not make it immune to criticism, despite what Tumblr would like you to believe.
>>
>>95037455
That's not a parallel universe, that's just the Marvel offices.
>>
>>95037986
Nobody minds that there's a hispanic lesbian writing a comic about a hispanic lesbian*.

People mind that it's written like shit.

America is a better comic than if they'd retconned Steve Rogers into a hispanic lesbian, but it's still a truly awful comic and the writer is a truly awful writer who only got hired because of politics.

*Well some people mind that the hispanic lesbian in the comic didn't used to be a lesbian and that she's portrayed as just hispanic even though she's from another dimension.
>>
>>95026750

If not for actually having seen this page, I'd think this was an edit.
>>
>>95038013
I'm thinking of Judge Dredd, America.
>>
>>95038034
I for one am getting tired of these PoCkies.
>>
>>95027300
>There were tons of threads complaining about Ollie's SJWness when it first came out
The only ones I ever saw were people who clearly hadn't read the comics and just saw cropped images, or were trying to bait for outrage. Ollie was always a liberal, even to the point of it being irrational sometimes.
>>
>>95032484
Nah gotta have that black hawaiian shirt with flames at the bottom for that
>>
>>95028461
No, the letter was literally signed C.O. in caps.
It was made to subtly mock the series (with one less subtle jab comparing it to The Room) by seemingly giving praise but without ever actually saying anything positive about it. The anon didn't want them to realize it was /co/
>>
>>95038050
Judge Dredd isn't a DC character.
In Marvel, there was Miss America, who fought with Captain America during the war, but she's strictly a "Marvel Universe's past" character by now.
>>
>>95036604
latino or latina otherways is mental illnes from USA citezen.
>>
>>95028176
No, because it looks pair.
A couple having an outing = better moods = more chance of generous tip
>>
File: 648789.jpg (171KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
648789.jpg
171KB, 600x929px
>>95038238
>Judge Dredd isn't a DC character.

Yeah, silly me.
>>
>>95035757
Well he isn't actually wrong in that quote
>>
>>95038329
casual
>>
>>95028176
Has anyone done an edit of the "Bobby... you're gay" page with this? "Gabby.... you're white."
>>
>>95025837
>a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series with over-the-top praise that they think this comic undeservedly gets. And then they compare the comic to a much-derided movie.

I lol'd when comicdad talked about this, almost fell off my mobility scooter in the wallmart where I was buying adult diapers and shotguns.
>>
>>95037337
>The real villain is always the white male behind the scenes
Like Dr Facilier?
I mean really, you say Disney and the first thing I think of is the movies. Disney has always been fairly solid in that regard. Only Pocahontas has the outright white-bad-guys-notwhite-good-guysand that was vaguely historical.

If the villains are white, there's a good chance the main cast is too.
>>
>>95038329
DC has published some comics with Judge Dredd, and occasionally some Batman/Judge Dredd crossovers, but it's not their character.
>>
>>95036334
it gives you an excuse to get really drunk on certain holidays
>>
>>95025837
>alt-right memes such as Pepe

Leave it to The Left to say general troll garbage is only for things they don't like.
>>
>>95031523
>>95031544
>>95031579
>>95031586
Sometimes I forget that "Hellcat" was a thing.
Those are good times.

>>95032465
I would assume it's something about desiring to be accepted into a social circle without a lot of initial input or whatever, but it may also just be stupidity.
>>
>>95038465
you are falling for Rich's bait
>>
>>95038401
>Only Pocahontas has the outright white-bad-guys-notwhite-good-guysand that was vaguely historical.

Wasn't Pocahontas' dad pretty bad, too?
>>
>>95038498
Like I said, vaguely
It certainly shared very little with the actual history, but from the native americans perspective a bunch of white dudes came and fucked them up.
Even then, it's the only movie that immediately comes to mind with white dude villains and non-white main characters. Mulan and Princess+Toad are the only other non-white protag movies I think of and they had villains fitting their cultural background.
>>
>>95038530
there's Moana but the closest thing to a villain was a David Bowie crab and a non-speaking volcano god-monster
>>
>>95034319
Look through that entire issue and be intrigued and in awe of the fact that every background is the same photoshop gradient sky.
>>
>>95038544
Yeah shit I totally forgot about her
Anyway my point is that the traditional Disney movies - the movies people think of when you say Disney - don't do the whole "villain must be white guy" thing.
>>
File: U&A.jpg (93KB, 798x392px) Image search: [Google]
U&A.jpg
93KB, 798x392px
>>95026750
This. This is what "being inclusive to lesbians" amounts to in their eyes.

I thought you guys were exaggerating, but no. This does deserve a Sonichu crossover.
>>
>>95038398
And we wonder why satire is dead.
>>
>>95026203
Even in comments against the book like >>95026223 they keep going "I like the character" but what the hell is there to like? In every appearance she's a hot-tempered bitch who basically treats everyone around her with zero respect except Kate because she wants to fuck her. Would be fine if you were intended to find her antagonistic but she's treated with reverence by the creators and in-universe by the characters so it all rings hollow and feels incredibly fake.
>>
>>95038530
Actual History of America is far more complicated than "Oh no White dudes"

The British for example had Pax Britannica and tried to prevent Native loss of life through Law.

It's pretty hard to stop Indians drunk on Scotch from carrying out tribal feuds.
>>
>>95036940
There is no better written version of her. It's funny because Gillen wanted to avoid the "hot-headed latina" stereotype yet read YA and she's a hot-headed latina... but gay! So different!
>>
>>95031489
Gabby is a bad writer. I genuinely think if she tried to understand why people think her writing is so bad and attempt to improve she might be a half decent one day. But if she only listens to people praising her for her politics and disregards even constructive criticism she's going to become the Dobson of writing. And that's kinda sad. Even if I don't agree with her politically, people should do what they enjoy doing, and she should strive to be a better writer.

Leth is not such a bad writer, but absolutely insufferable in terms of just making her writing nothing but a soapbox. I don't think she understands the concept of writing to entertain, she writes to make a point. And I don't think she understands why people don't like her stories either - Protip: it's because people want to be entertained and moved by stories, not feel like they're being hit over the head with pre-school level morality lessons about acceptance. I think she's beyond saving because she's already in the echo chamber and all her industry friends reinforce her attitude.
>>
>>95036041

>Have Hispanic gf
>Jokingly call her Latinx one day
>She asks wtf I'm saying
>I explain
>She explains that's completely retarded and anybody who's pushing that needs to fuck off
>Also fuck Latinos in general and it's a shame Trump's retarded because kicking out illegals isn't so bad
>Her words
>>
>>95038034

I dunno, I kinda make fun of her for racking up the diversity titles.

>Gay!
>Latinx!
>Multicultural!
>Alien!
>INTERDIMENSIONAL Alien!
>With two moms!
>>
>>95036041
>Finally Latinx doesn't work in Spanish, it's a language that needs female and male to work
This
Everything in Spanish has a gender. Even inanimate objects.

Chair is female.
Table is female.
Couch is male.

Trying to remove gender from Spanish is absolute madness.
>>
>>95038716
It's actually one of the reasons for the American Revolution, because the Brits imposed a border where settlement was forbidden beyond it to A. avoid antagonising the natives and B. to encourage development of the existing colonies. This rankled the Colonists who just saw prime farming land in the hand of asshole savages, as they saw it, who kept on raiding them regardless.
>>
>>95036365
Tell us more nigger bro.
>>
>>95038658
>This does deserve a Sonichu crossover.

Nah, then they'd have to get permission from Chris Chan, Nintendo and other copyright holders.
Maybe Lightbringer?
>>
>>95028612
Calm down Gabby.
>>
>>95025837
Jaime no
Gilbert is Best Brother and this reinforces that
>>
>>95038753
i got mexican friends that say the same thing m8.
>>
>>95031424
Puetro Ricans have a specific type of eyes and nose?
>>
>>95036621
>Perhaps Latinequis
That why you can´t use the latinx thing outside the written format in spanish the X is no an easily pronoun word, is not pronounce ex but a-kis so amigo would sound amiga-kis wich just ruined the world purpose.

Also I pretty sure every one south of the great wall will not take kindly that some gringos are trying to change their language.
>>
>>95031489
Rich is a muckraker, not even worthy of negative attention. Gabby's just incompetent as a writer but at least she has some kind of writing history writing dumb YA novels or wherever she came from.

Leth is an actively malicious person who got a job writing comics because of her job making shitty "MY BORING LIFE" style comics on ComicsAlliance that display nothing in the way of writing or artistic skill and she got that position, presumably, because she was buddies with people who worked there. She's a prime example of someone advancing up the ladder through sheer nepotism and not merit.
>>
>>95029322
You can if you're smart enough to separate the two and don't try to turn one into the other.

which is the issue. /pol/tards want all boards to match theirs.
leave your /pol/ at the door when you come to /co/
leave your /co/ at the door when you go to /pol/ it's that fucking simple.
>>
>>95039754
Or people could just post their shit regardless. To act like your opinions have to change is bullshit.

Calling everything /pol/ doesn't help. Fuck off
>>
>>95039350
Puerto Rican here, we're just blacks mixed with indians, both of whom were raped by Spaniards.
>>
File: punch.jpg (125KB, 630x387px) Image search: [Google]
punch.jpg
125KB, 630x387px
>>95039754
>leave your /co/ at the door when you go to /pol/
but my /co/ is my /pol/.
>>
>>95037986
People are saying the book is bad, not that latinos shouldn't write latino characters.
Also America is a legacy and she wasn't created by Rivera.
>>
>>95039819
It's not about your opinions changing, it's about knowing where the fuck you are.

you don't go into a chinese restaurant and order tacos.
>>
>>95035569
>Fun has been outlawed

Fuck you guys, I unironically pirate and read Squirrel Girl, despite the art.
>>
>>95039754
So what you're staying is that cultures separate but equal (but separate) are the best idea for ensuring a paramount experience?
Oh I read ya loud and clear.
>>
>>95026986
Yeah and /mlp/ lead to /mlpol/ which for the short time it was around was the most entertaining board 4chan has ever had.
>>
>>95034385
>i will argue that hate speech is not free speech, but her bullshit whining is trying to falsely accuse us of being bigots when really not all of use are bigots and the writing is objectively trash.
You can't have both hate speech and free speech lad. One must absorb the other.
The only thing prosecutable for in law is libel, calling for a riot and yelling fire in a theater, these must be the only limits on free speech. Not personal, subjective feelings on which insult or joke is seen as worthy of a fine or jail time.

I could also totally see an America panel in the future with a strawman being pulled from a viewing of The Room for a lecture about the evils of unchecked free speech.
>>
>>95038530
I guess Big Hero 6 would qualify.
>>
>>95027848
Yeah but she dresses like the kid from hunt for the wilderpeople.
>>
>>95026986
>>95027380
/mlp/ was the unholy spawn of /co/ AND /b/ - /co/mrades who actually watched the show and /b/tards who liked to troll everyone with pony images and only liked it "ironically" until they actually got sucked into the fandom.

That /b/ influence actually helped /mlp/ considerably in the early days and made it one of the most difficult boards to troll, the way they wouldn't take bait and would leave trolls to rot was impressive, I wish to god /co/ could have learned from that.
>>
File: IMG_1329.jpg (164KB, 747x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1329.jpg
164KB, 747x929px
>>
>>95040414
imagine being so fat and unhealthy, you think living to 35 is an achievement...
>>
>>95040018
you're an obtuse piece of shit
>>
>>95040414
Why are her arms so short? Or is she just so fat that her anatomy looks fucked as a result
>>
>>95040414
>hates the white hetero patriarchy
>lives in Brooklyn

Porrety
>>
>>95040414
Why must she exist. I fucking hate her mangled spanish and it's laughable. I wish I could insult esta mamaguevona en español y burlame de ella en español porque ELLA NO SABE NADA DE ESPAÑOL Y DEBERIA DEJAR DE INTENTAR POR PENDEJA. Ojala se joda, le de un infarto y se muera.
>>
>>95038809
>>95036041
ESTO PANA ESTO.

Seguro estos maricas se suicidarian si vieran el verdadero español porque seguro les heririan sus sentimientos. El español que esta al sur de america.
>>
>>95037986

>Remember when most of us agreed that the best way to make comics for minorities was to make comics of their own.

That doesn't make anything free of criticism though. Unlike Tumblr /co/ generally doesn't try to ban books or prevent it from being sold or shared. But it doesn't mean a shitty book isn't free from ridicule.
>>
>>95040414
Imagine being so obsessed with a group of people because of their sexual orientation and the color of their skin that you can't even celebrate anything other than antagonizing them on your birthday.
>>
>>95040679
And on top of that imagine still acting this way at 35. Seems like an obsession
>>
>>95026677
Wew, anon. I like Ewing too but let's not get carried away. He has written his share of jokes that don't land and contrived twists, but he writes strong ensembles and fun stories.
>>
>>95027006
Have an integrity (You).
>>
>>95027586
>draws nothing like Quitely
You are blind as fuck my man
>>
>>95030037
>I love being a woman so much I'm going to do my damnedest to look like a guy
>>
File: 1477865511333.jpg (130KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477865511333.jpg
130KB, 600x600px
>>95038658
Why is Utena so good, guys?
And why do so many indie comics rip it off now a days?
>>
Folks (and writers) being really mad when they discover that their work for one of the two companies known to consistently deliver bad comics is in fact exactly in line with company standards.
>>
>>95041157
1) it looked good
2) it had atmosphere
3) what happened was meaningful
4) a lesbiand turned into a swanky car and her lover drove the two of them off into the sunset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yiAGVRxpfc
>>
File: 799393.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
799393.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
>>95041157
Entertaining use of symbolism and a nice sense of mystique that kept you engaged as well as a good use of SoL to deepen characterization and then slam a dramatic stinger on the characters you thought you knew (Nanami comes to min, Is a goofy filler Cow early on is revealed to be a cat killer), Penguindrum was also good so "Lesbians" isn't the answer, though i guess they were something that attracted some people to it.

Just because it had themes of Liberation (or rather Revolution) of Sexuality/Gender roles/[Insert Your Symbolic Interpretation Here] it didn't take that as a excuse to not bother with actual characterization aside from that, unlike a certain comic.

>>95041469
Man, i was gonna post that.
>>
>>95040414
>Was originally feeling kinda bitter about how easily she slid into professional writing while thinking she was in her early twenties
>Turns out she's eight years older than me
Hey, how about that, i gain a little more hope and her writing seems alot worse than i had originally thought. I least i don't write dialogue like it's two people tweeting to one another.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.