[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So anon, how's your comic/cartoon that you've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 25

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1280x1920px
>So anon, how's your comic/cartoon that you've been dreaming about making coming along?
>>
>>95011903
Not well.

I have a great story or two in mind. My girlfriends brother is close and is a professional artist.

But yeah procrastinating is what got me to 30 with no degree soooopooo
>>
File: 20170802_122001.jpg (2MB, 1744x2742px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_122001.jpg
2MB, 1744x2742px
>>95011903
I'm tackling it again, have the first 4 issues planned out, am currently scripting the first issue and sketching the primary characters, and plan to start cracking the pencils out after this long weekend.
>>
File: 1494634008005.jpg (261KB, 1541x395px) Image search: [Google]
1494634008005.jpg
261KB, 1541x395px
>>
>>95011987
Not bad, pretty good composition. Your line art needs work, because the line density is all over the place. There are also some parts where it looks like the ink is bleeding out too much, and the shading technique could also use some dialing down, as it's too much black.
>>
>>95011903

i'll tell you if you let me have a swig of your milkshake ... see what i did there? now that we're both uncomfortable, like you, my comic is still just a dream.
>>
I'm working on the fourth script, also in the developing stages of another idea
>>
>>95012052
Thanks. I see it. My hands are shaky as fuck, something to do with hypoglycemia, but I know I'll get better with some practice.
>>
>>95011903
>wrote issue 1
>did the layouts
>penciled, inked and lettered first five pages
>not happy
what do?
>>
>>95011903
need a comic book artist but cannot afford one. where do you look for collaborators?
>>
>>95012252
I want to say /co/, but no, not /co/.
>>
Did an issue and a half. It went really well, but didn't pay off. Got tons of hits but no one bit on the Patreon. Had to get a real design job to pay bills.

On the plus side, I got the higher-ups interested in making comics, so I'm drawing for a living again. However, they're not exactly savvy to the "entertainment" aspect of making comics so it's hard to make anything really interesting while being completely toothless and corporate while also trying to push product. But I look at the lemonade made from lemons, and take the opportunity to continue to improve my draftsmanship.
>>
I think I already finished. Got a 2 parter movie for the end and all.

And in the spin-off starring the daughters of the main characters I intend to bring them back to that movie and make them play a role, and keep doing that with everything related to it, every spin-off has its finale during that event.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x659px
>Hey anon, are you the one who drew on this desk?
>>
>>95012201
do the rest. going back to redo it would just kill your passion for the project faster since it'll never be perfect
>>
I'm working on vague concepts, but nothing I draw is making me happy right now. I think I'm going to improvise a comic or two 24 Hour Comic Day-style. Try to loosen my creative muscles. At least I have that diploma...

>>95012411
Good on you, anon. Keep the faith. Even the great Will Eisner drew technical manuals for the government during World War 2. You'll get there some day.
>>
>>95012252
at the alt clubs
>>
>>95012201
Hire me as the read tester.
>>
>>95011903
I don't know, Karen, how's that chlamydia your boyfriend told you he didn't have?

Strawberry milkshakes are the worst milkshake you nosy, STD-riddled skank.
>>
File: 1488057980571.png (461KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
1488057980571.png
461KB, 640x420px
Sent it to Image, Black Mask and Action Lab last week. Waiting for a response.
I know I'm not getting into Image tho'. Too much competition.
>>
>>95012201
Do the rest. Get the first issue done before you analyze it, because wallowing in perfectionism at every step is a terrible trap to fall into and it WILL be what prevents you from seeing it through.
>>
>>95012411
Good for you. I'd like to see some of your work. Would you be comfortable sharing?
If not, that's cool.
>>
File: 1486739260741.jpg (73KB, 540x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486739260741.jpg
73KB, 540x594px
>>95012605
Good job. Fucking way to be. You ever get picked up and published, you come shill that shit here so we all know to support it.
>>
>>95012708
I promise you that I will shill the shit out of my comic if I get in.
I even added a subtle Loss.
>>
>>95012749
You're doing God's work.
>>
File: ws_02_pg17.jpg (2MB, 1000x1534px) Image search: [Google]
ws_02_pg17.jpg
2MB, 1000x1534px
>>95012567
Yup. I'm just gonna ride out the job as long as I can and re-fill the war-chest (savings account) so that in my next stretch I can re-tackle the project or maybe even come up with something different. Who knows.

>>95012649
Of course, I put it on line because I wanted people to read it.

www.riptiders.com

I don't even care if everyone read it for free as long as they read it and enjoyed it. I only wished I could find a fanbase that would be willing to Patreon it so I could do it full time, but I love my current job anyway. It's partially why I took it up and left the pencil dangling on my comic, because I didn't want to miss the opportunity to work for this company.
>>
>>95012896
I'm only a little ways in, but I'm digging this. You've got another reader.
>>
>>95011903
I still don't have enough knowledge for the setting to make the world convincing...I am getting much better at anatomy though.

Feels like I'm years off though, I don't really want to create a world that isn't as authentic as possible, though I do use some supernatural/fantasy elements, there isn't a lot. The supernatural elements are mostly in the background and meant to create intrigue rather than being the hook that draws people in.

Very long way to go.
>>
>>95012977
Well that's just lovely considering I don't have enough time to keep it up anymore. But, appreciated all the same. I had the first 8 issues planned, and it was gonna be some special kind of roller coaster.
>>
>>95011903
I sit, prepared, and get distracted, and keep veering off, and get lost in preparation, and in the end have nothing.
>>
File: ws_01_pg09.jpg (550KB, 1000x1534px) Image search: [Google]
ws_01_pg09.jpg
550KB, 1000x1534px
>>95012896
I'm getting a huge MXC vibe from the commentators and I love it. I know life has a way of getting in the way, but if you can keep the candle burning, please do.
>>
>>95011903
Fine. Three different projects on the go. All gonna be self-published (Xeric RIP) and drawn, written, lettered, printed and collated by me. My comics are far too non mainstream to earn a living from buthe I've been deeply invested in this medium since before I could read....I love it, it's embedded in my DNA, if it touches just one person I'll be happy. Personally I think anyone wanting to "BREAK INTO THE BIG TWO!" is a prostitute. 25 years ago I wouldn't have said that; now, it's all vapid corporatism.
Let comics turn into a cottage industry. Please. Wheat separated from chaff on an industrial scale
INB4 "you're just a bitter loser 'ca user your portfolio got shit on!". Long story but....no. Not at all.
>>
>>95012252
Honestly? Don't bother. Finding a reliable artist that you can work well with as an unpublished writer without any connections is just about impossible unless you personally know someone who for some reason has nothing better to do with their talent. It's even harder if you aren't able to pay them a decent page rate.
If learning to draw isn't an option your best bet is either to put out some prose work and network until you can built a good enough portfolio to team with a professional, or look out for the rare opportunity of script submissions opening up at some of the few publishers that take them without art. 2000AD is doing them on the 18th.
>>
File: steph face.jpg (88KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
steph face.jpg
88KB, 350x350px
>>95011903
Ok, I mean, I'm still working on it writing wise.
Ideally what I want to turn it into is a visual novel that I throw up on Steam or make it dirty and turn it into a Patreon game.

Probably never going to get that far, but the idea is the protagonist plays a Side-kick, Hench-man and Accessory all at the same time in a very futuristic Superhero setting.
After being introduced to all 3 characters (The Hero, Villain and Anti-hero) the player rationally would side with one of them and use their position with the others to conspire against the other 2 and more easily achieve the goals of who they like best.
BUT, if you remain generally neutral with all of them and if you're inquisitive enough to exhaust all dialog options (a weird thing for a VN) you'll understand things from all 3 of their viewpoints on specific events that allow you to piece together a mystery culminating in a better ending.

Right now it is just a lot of weird alternate history world building and disjointed scenarios that sounded interesting to me.
>>
File: tumblr_ovd6dcoGJh1sunci5o3_1280.jpg (74KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovd6dcoGJh1sunci5o3_1280.jpg
74KB, 960x679px
Working on several of them at the moment.
>>
>>95014478
as a liberal I feel I should be offended but then I saw the 'space suit' and fuck it, that's reallycool
>>
>>95014478
>Space Suit
Zulu Styled Space Marine Adventures? Sign me the fuck up!
>>
>>95011903
I got a rough draft planed in my gead but since i could never afford a artist i will have to dust out my high school drawing skills but work and school are killing me plys im lazy.

So not good.
>>
>>95011903
It became a D&D campaign
>>
Made a movie idea in 2015. Tried to imagine how it would be as a webcomic, put out the first update and realized it would be too much work for the attention it would get, and turned it back into a movie idea. Have a finished pitch bible I could make better.

Currently working on two scenes, one getting a full animatic and the other getting an audioplay, which I will send along with the pitch bible when I apply to Nickelodeon's internship program. I'm meeting with one of the VAs this Friday to talk about her voice direction.
>>
>>95011903
Doing well. Published once a week for a decently popular newspaper for about 2 years now.
>>
>>95014539
>>95014683
Thanks guys.

>offended

As a mixed guy who grew up in africa, I actually pull from stuff I'm a part of, so I got "authorisation" if you will.
>>
Got my scripts for all 8 issues done, but I don't know any artists and I lack the income to hire a good one yet.
>>
>>95011903
Still plotting out the story and fleshing out the characters. Got the first 30-40 chapters plotted out.
>>
>>95014478
I love this.

>>95011987
Face looks great.
>>
>>95016666
>I love this.
Thanks
>>
>2.5 stars on newgrounds
Haha o well back to grinding fundies
>>
>>95014478
This is fucking rad.
>>
Slowly working out plot points. It's great when you reach a breakthrough that answers a lingering question.
>>
>>95011903
Well. Not good, I have a good idea on a story and character. I procrastinate on writing after that, my friend might draw some stuff for me.

I have an idea for the antagonist, but not really sure how to write his mooks, without being generic.
>>
>>95011996
Do people think making a screencap unreadable is somehow clever or gets the point across better?
>>
>>95011903
I've had an idea that I've been working on for about a year and made a bunch of characters for, but now I'm starting to think the original idea perhaps isn't that good and that I ought to keep the characters, but place them in a different setting.

What do?
>>
>>95021255
I'd change it. It's quite common to outgrow your own material. I don't know how old you are, but in your teens and twenties you will have ideas that you'll look back at cringefully, and often you'll cherish your ideas simply because they're your own ideas and you don't have a good sense of whether or not you'd actually like them if they were your own. As you create, you get better, so you'll dislike what you made before.
>>
>>95017770
Thanks. Have some more
>>
>>95011903
Most of the script for the first twelve episodes is written out in it's entirety, but I can't animate worth for shit.
>>
>>95014478
Dude, this actually looks fucking dope as hell. You have anywhere I could follow your work?
>>
>>95014478
>>95021770
This shit is rad as hell. Your designs are really fucking good.
>>
>>95021823
Facebook : @junibaart
Instagram : juni.ba
Tumblr : Appleserum
twitter : juni_ba

That should do it !
>>
File: tumblr_ovd6dcoGJh1sunci5o2_1280.jpg (53KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovd6dcoGJh1sunci5o2_1280.jpg
53KB, 960x679px
>>95021951
Ok three more
>>
File: tumblr_ovd6dcoGJh1sunci5o4_1280.jpg (81KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovd6dcoGJh1sunci5o4_1280.jpg
81KB, 960x679px
>>95022089
>>
>>95022131
>>
Guys, it's obvious passive aggressive sarcasm from nuMarvel employees or "comic" fans. Notice the milkshake? They are trying to compare a decades old million dollar business owned by a large conglomerate that they had no part in creating, yet will have every part in destroying, to up and coming random people on the internet. Be careful what you post here, because they see you as a group and not an individual. They might take it beyond sarcasm, because they are in the "right". lol I still remember the official thread where someone tried to write off The Room as Room to try and make the chick look like she was confused rather than ignorant and caught in her own high. The Room is Hiroshima 1945. You are either ignorant or daft, but them trying to save their pride is priceless. This damage control only makes it better, but beware because while it might not mean anything to you their eyes are red.
>>
>>95021951
Can't wait to see what comes of this, Anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>95022318
Did you just have a stroke?
Anyway, fuck off, we're all trying to encourage each other to go through with our projects. Go be a cunt somewhere else.
>>
>>95022318
go home, copyfag, the grownups are talking.
>>
>>95022346
Thanks; these are for a space opera short of about ten pages, but if you go on my pages you'll get pieces of work from other projects.

Especially one about monsters that I'm very excited about.
>>
File: skull servant.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skull servant.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>95014478
>>95021770
>>95022089
>>95022131
>>95022172
these are really cool
>>
Like I said, damage control.

>>95022462
There is an official thread for that without such a dubious image.

>>95013155

>>95022492
Common sense has no copyright.
>>
>>95011903
I gave up on that shit years ago. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here.
>>
>>95011903
Not all that well, I'm afraid
>Cant animate
>Character designs are barely passable
>Wrote 11 scripts but 4-5 of them would be considered decent
>Not even sure if anyone around my area would find interest in it enough to help
>Even if it does go through, it would be passed off as a rip-off of something else
I guess the pitch bible could help draw people in, but still, I'm too shy to share it
>>
>>95022172
>>95022131
>>95022089
>>95021770
>>95014478
Fucking dope man. I hope this shit goes well for you.
Are you black yourself? You could probably get a huge audience if you are
>>
Don't test me.
>>
>>95024760
You don't get an extra audience if you're black
>>
>>95014478
Oh shit, I think I remember seeing some of your super early designs way back in the day. Really hope this goes well for you, everything still looks awesome.
>>
File: Dbdy1hW9.jpg (545KB, 2677x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Dbdy1hW9.jpg
545KB, 2677x2160px
Getting closer and closer everyday. Going to be putting out a printed volume of the ongoing soon. A real one. Not just one me and the team pushed through a POD on a rush order to sell at a con.

Pitched to two studios. One said no. Other asked "eh. I dunno. What else you got though?"

And moving forward on a long gestating project. Going to be combining comic pages, full page/spot illustration, and prose. Here's some art for it.
>>
>>95024760
Im' mixed. Grew up in Senegal.

Also I don't think that's gonna give me an extra audience, but it does allow me to touch this esthetic without having people scream appropriation.

>>95025316
Yeah I had to put it aside until the script was done. Now I'm designing everything I need.

Also thanks. Hope you're good too, my anonymous friend
>>
File: 399 out of 400 gems.gif (3MB, 290x210px) Image search: [Google]
399 out of 400 gems.gif
3MB, 290x210px
So, as another guy who loves to think up ideas and entire series, I have a fair amount of doubts regarding the "meta" behind writing. That is: I would like to talk about the concepts behind character design, how to write a plot, different kinds of storytelling, paneling, stories with set goals vs no goal adventures... etc, etc.

But my problem is, I have no idea what would be the right place to talk about this, and this might be the chance to ask.
I mean, at first it seems like /lit/ would be the perfect place to talk about the meta of writing, but for what I've seen they barely talk about anything outside of written books, even if it's inherently related to it. I don't even know if they still have "post what you wrote" anymore.
/ic/ is obviously more centered about art in these regards and doesn't seem to be the right place to have that thread. I've seen some decent tips on character design, but they tend to be occasional.
And then there's /hyw/ on this board (which is currently having a tripfag minidrama). But /hyw/ is the place you would go to look for direct feedback of something you already have part of. I'm not sure if they have these kind of conversations.

I'm really lost here to be honest.
>>
>>95025612
If you just want info, just look up books about writing fiction and just read read read. Then when you're not a complete noob the best place to have a thread about your specific story or to trade tips and tricks with other actual writers would be an actual forum for it, not 4chan. you need user IDs and shit to establish yourself, anonymity is not helpful. try the Penny Arcade forums maybe
>>
>>95011903
I have a whiteboard and several notebooks of ideas, settings, characters and an overarching plot structure for four stories set in a shared universe, Karly.

Unfortunately I need to learn to draw better before I can do anything about it. Katsuhiro Otomo or bust.
>>
>>95026035
>and just read read read
With this you only mean the "books about writing fiction" or also all kind of books apart from those? Just to be sure.
Also, what interests me right now is not direct feedback about my shit, but opinions and views about things like how much is too much subtlety, usage of meta as a device, using a key-point as the main driving force... etc.
Still you're right, a normal forum would be better for this.
I just wonder if conversations about things like "the art of writing" and "character design" happen consistently somewhere in this site.
>>
File: A Bad Wing.png (347KB, 750x1063px) Image search: [Google]
A Bad Wing.png
347KB, 750x1063px
I'd like to say 'coming along well' but I've been using freelance work and conceptual drawings for a separate project as an excuse to not color, so I retract my statement.

>>95026090
Otomo was in his late 20s with two manga series under his belt when he started Akira, and early 30s when the Akira film came out. Don't wait to get good, just start working. You have a shared universe, write up a short story, dive in.
>>
>>95012749
This anon could be the best of us.
>>
>>95011903
I can't draw. At all.

I'm still trying to draw it but it's beyond shit. To the point where I'm a bit embarrassed to show it to anyone.

But the plots coming along well.
>>
>>95012145
A snack once every two hours might help with that. Just make sure it doesn't get all over your workspace.
>>
>>95012896
Noice. Do you know of any good art reference resources for really bizarre stuff, by any chance? I'm really interested in trying to draw some cool psychedelic-looking magic shit like in Dr. Strange, but that shit is really fucking off the rails.
>>
>>95013201
I feel ya, anon. I got really interested in making a virtual band after seeing what Homestuck's sound pages could do with music, I'm trying to get good at both mediums.
>>95014478
Dude, that looks like the tits. Is it all black and white, or will there be some color for big moments in the story?
>>
>>95011903
Not bad. It's a four issue comic. Psychedelic pulp sci-fi type of shit. I am just a writer though, and my illustrators dad just died so I either have to replace him or wait for him to be in the mindset to start working on it.

Not sure what to do. It was hard as fuck finding an illustrator and I am not keen on doing it twice. They moved back home to help with arrangements so who knows how long it will be.
>>
>>95011903
I script my girlfriend draws but she's not passionate about the project and I write for a project she's passionate about but I'm not so there are some huge flaws.

My pitch:
>it's the 2000s and ghost busting has been torn down and sued to oblivion because it's a dangerous job, only freelancers do it now and only for small jobs
>a witch trial town obsessed with Halloween starts losing children
>they realize it's a house in the woods, famously haunted
>the town doubts it's an actual ghost, because if that was the case they'd have to close festivities. the sheriff is able to get an FBI agent to visit and investigate
>it's confirmed to be a ghost when it kidnaps the sheriffs niece
>they hire an old ghostbuster working freelance with a high schooler as his laborer, think Venkman meets Quint. He's scarred by the loss of his ghost busting team in the eighties
>the sheriff, agent, buster, and brother of the kidnapped kid visit the house to stop the ghost and save the children

It's JAWS meets ghostbusters meets poltergeist. I fell in love with the idea when I imagined Quints monologue from JAWS with a ghostbuster
>>
>>95032105
I think I need this in my life. How does Ghostbusting work in that world? And what exactly happened to the kids?
>>
>>95011903
Still working on concept art. So nowhere
>>
>>95026564
I need to get a lot better at urban scenery, vehicles and hard surface for what I have in mind.
>>
>>95032105
What's her pitch?
>>
>>95032281
Basically an Egon patented the ghost technology and ghost busting became a very popular trade in the seventies and eighties, people viewed it as heroic. The character reminisces about being on lunchboxes and newspapers, because if you survived the job it was very profitable. Eventually there was a huge massacre that caused bad PR ( a marshmallow man but not cuddly and funny) and it became a frowned upon job.

Actual ghost busting in universe involves heavy machinery, the more people operating and managing the better. In the eighties a professional team would be twelve GBs, the characters team was a special one that would tour the country with six. Current day he travels with only one with the high schooler carrying the heavy equipment and managing it as he tries to use it. It's less of a stream and more of a torch. They're called torches in the comics.

Ghosts vary way more than they do in GB, they mainly manifest in other objects and really only do stuff on their own in total darkness. The comic plays with lighting a lot.
>>
>>95032281
Also, the kids are being kept for the nightmares. Ghosts thrive on fear, the adrenaline pee your pants kind, so the kids are being kidnapped and killed after the fear plateaus.
>>
>>95032554
Her pitch is about a cyberpunk assassin girl that wants to give up her current life and live a quiet one with her girlfriend. Way less actual plot but way more concept art. To make it interesting I am trying to draw elements from Murakamis IQ84 by making her very human (she wanted it to be like sin city), the sci-fi elements to be more mysterious/fantastic/magical, and the love interest to make it seem more like fate and a contrast.

She's a talented artist but she only has good ideas visually, I don't feel like they manifest in concrete plot or character. She made the plot the way it is because it's fun for her to draw, so I can't blame her.
>>
>>95032698
I hate to say it but your GF sounds like a pleb. Your idea is more interesting and far less hackneyed than Cyberpunk Revival Concept Art Personal Project #27,354,862.
>>
>>95032763
Yeah it's just tough to compromise. The only times my project is visually interesting is during a ghost attack or nightmare. We have to constantly make the mundane "there can't be a ghost in this town!" segments interesting and even I admit there's some roadblocks.

On hers it flows better but I agree, it's not original. Idk what to do about it though other than do what she wants and nudge it in a better direction
>>
>>95011903
>Can't draw
>Really want to make shit with heavy martial arts influences
But I'm writing the bible, scripts and drawing it very badly using stick figures.

Idea is a guy is sacrificed to a demon for power by two teenagers and is promptly brought back to life with equivalent powers because to sacrifice him they ran him over and that's some pussy shit.

The idea isn't supposed to be nearly as dark as this origin makes it out to be. The protagonist despite his fairly bleak origin is largely a good guy. Not heroic to the point of going all around the world trying to save it but one who is unable to walk away from a fight because of his conscience.

Got a couple of arcs planned out. Got a firm beginning and the character is pretty solid in my head so I feel good where I am starting.
>>
>>95011903
Im Not, good at drawing yet, but i have my panel style and my story all written down in a Sketch Book.

Its gonna be great anon, i just can't tell you how great.

Its Devil May Cry+DBZ+Watchmen x Cats= My Comic
>>
>>95033165
Sounds like utter shit.
>>
File: 18e.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
18e.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>95033197
thank you
>>
File: IMG_6916.jpg (168KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6916.jpg
168KB, 640x720px
>>95032910
Yeah, it sounds like you already have good ideas bringing in influences from Murakami and magical realism. I love cyberstuff, robots, mecha, etc but draw that kind of thing for fun. I played around with the idea of a loose story or short comic that pokes fun at cyberpunk tropes and cliches, and trying to bring it up to date, but it's kind of pointless for me - it's been done to death and I'm not smart enough to reinvent that wheel.
>>
>>95011903
>Strictly a writing guy
>Have artists friends though
>Main character being gay means some of them want to draw it with no catch
Feels good.
>>
>>95032763
That's to expect from an artist instead of a writer. That said, if her art is especially visually interesting I think i'd be more likely to buy a volume of her pitch over his.
>>
>>95029784
Probably gonna be black and white in the two magazines i plan to publish this in, but thefull ten pages + process art are gonna be available in color for possibly a dollar
>>
File: 1435064931988[1].gif (163KB, 455x335px) Image search: [Google]
1435064931988[1].gif
163KB, 455x335px
I'm actually getting somewhere. Sure I'm nowhere near getting it published let alone illustrated, but I'm finally writing things down and it feels fantastic to finally get my ideas down on paper. it gives it a more solid feeling instead of it being constantly changing. Now I just need to get that blog going and get that interest stirring.
>>
>>95033165
Cats the musical, or cats in general?
>>
>>95011903
>Dreaming
>Implying I haven't been steadily working on it despite the fact that nobody I know is at all interested in it.
Kid is thrust into a world of adventure after applying to a part time job after school.

Goes on adventures has fun and gradually starts to wonder why he is so talented at violence and why his old self seems to be fading away with each passing day.

I've been working on this for a while.
>>
>>95011903
I wish my dreams were that boring.
>>
File: 1503866752553.jpg (63KB, 417x749px) Image search: [Google]
1503866752553.jpg
63KB, 417x749px
I've got three pages on Smackjeeves right now of my personal project, working on the script for the next few pages

Bugging my writer friend for scripts for our joint-project sci fi comic (a Carpenter-esque survival-post-apocalyptic setting), but the flooding/his girlfriend being trapped at his place due to the flooding therefor distracting him is derailing that.
>>
>>95011903
Died on the vine during the financial meltdown of 08.
>>
>>95012605
any advice in trying to make in the industry? curious
>>
I actually have an idea, but it's just an idea. And it will probably stay that way.
>>
hey guys I wrote my comic of 32 pages but i can't draw, do you know an artist that makes realistic drawings that can illustrate my comic for 50% of the profits?
>>
>>95036420
Nope. Honestly, this won't ever happen. If you're just a writefag, and can't do your own artwork, you should be doing prose work, because nobody but nobody is going to work with you until you're published.
>>
>>95011903
It's staying in my dreams.
>>
>>95012201
That's more than I did anon, you should go on.
>>
>>95012252
Being unable to draw didn't stop ONE.
>>
>>95011903

Patreon drop:

https://www.patreon.com/Carliro
>>
Do you guys have any advice on writing scripts for comics? Structure is something I struggle with.
>>
>>95038621
Look up some example scripts and read them.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.