[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bluto is stronger than Popeye >Popeye with spinach is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: latest[1].png (88KB, 439x494px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
88KB, 439x494px
>Bluto is stronger than Popeye
>Popeye with spinach is stronger than Bluto
>Bluto with spinach is ???
>>
>>94989370
Stronger than Popeye.
>>
>>94989370
a big popguy
>>
>>94989370
Pretty sure popeye has beaten bluto with spinach.
>>
>>94989370
Bluto would never willingly eat spinach. Topic locked.
>>
File: Hospitaliky.webm (3MB, 476x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hospitaliky.webm
3MB, 476x360px
>>94989370

So strong he can't even control himself.
>>
>>94989370

Bluto has eaten spinach a few times and he beats Popeye soundly. You would think he would catch on to it by now.
>>
>>94989411
That.
>>
>>94989370
I feel like they would be equal.
>>
>>94989689
He doesnt like the taste. Its that simple.
He would rather get beat to death by a toothless gimlet-eyed manlet than eat canned spinach. Bluto sticks to his principles.
>>
>>94989370

equal to Popeye with Spinach, its happened before they were both beaten senseless.
>>
>>94989493
What was Popeye's plan here?
>>
>>94990248
Probably to watch Bluto suffer having to eat spinach.
>>
>>94990248
In that episode, Popeye gets injured and Olive dotes over him. Bluto gets envious and injures himself for that Olive action. Bluto tried to get run over by a train, but Popeye forced spinich in him, getting him heavily injured, much to Bluto's dismay.
>>
>>94989370
Bluto just becomes a berserker, yeah, but it's important to note that we've never seen *both* Popeye and Bluto take it at the same time and then run at each other swinging.

However:

>Popeye eats spinach- He maintains full control of himself and can break *reality itself* on a regular basis. He punched a lion so fucking hard, it turned into a leopard skin coat, for Chrissakes.

>Bluto eats spinach- the one time he takes it, he completely loses control of himself and merely beats a super tough man into a pulp that leaves him hospitalized, but presumably able to heal past it.

Look at that fucker's face on >>94989493 he *doesn't* want to beat Popeye up. He realizes he's lost as he's kicking the guy's ass.

Bluto won't eat spinach because he just goes into punch mode and can't attain the same powers Popeye has even if there's a strength boost. It's not worth it.
>>
Are there other veggies that have affects in the popeye universe?
>>
>>94990679
what if he smoked some weed
could you imagine that? a cartoon character smoking weed? someone should animate that, it would be really funny!
>>
>>94989370
vegan.
>>
>>94989411
/thread
>>
Bluno has strength, Popeye has endurance. Once Bluno ate spinich, and Popeye had to run out his clock before he took his spinich.
>>
>>94989393
4u
>>
>>94989370
>Bluto with spinach is ???
A PATRIOT.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3r7zns
>>
>>94989411
That doesn't mean he can't eat spinach.
https://youtu.be/k8rNMYpCLME?t=102
>>
>>94990584
you forget, in the very next cartoon Bluto eats spinach on purpose and he's able to use it to improve his baseball skills
http://kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Popeye-1933/Episode-048-The-Twisker-Pitcher?id=38339
>>
>>94990876
Would think it's the other way around considering Bluto gets his ass kicked on a frequent basis and is always able to withstand a lot of shit.
>>
>>94992047
Bluno w Spinich> Popeye with Spinich> Bluno> Popeye.
He needs to wait util Bluno's spinich wears off so then he can beat him.
>>
Can't wait for that Popeye movie Sony is making
>>
What about Brutus on Spinich?
>>
>>94992208
False
Popeye with Spinach is stronger than Bluet with it.
Bluto cannot control the power of spinach.
Popeye uses it so well he becomes one of the strongest characters in whole fiction
>>
File: 1488908204549.gif (172KB, 750x514px) Image search: [Google]
1488908204549.gif
172KB, 750x514px
>>94990469
Do they have any chance at all with other girls rather than that no-ass, no-tit beanpole?
>>
>>94994355
Just realised Olive looks like Ms. Grundy from Archie.
>>
>>94994355
God damn
>>
>>94994364
I never got why they made Olive the way they did, so goddamn unattractive and shrill.
>>
>>94989493
>So, this is spiral power...... not bad
>>
>>94989493
I bet it felt fun to animate that muda muda muda, it gives you a legitimate reason to speed up the frames
>>
>>94989493
>TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
>>
>>94994435
That's the point, Popeye is an unattractive old man who could only score for an ugly chick like Olivia
>>
>>94994435
Maybe there was something endearing about it back then and the people in charge of the strips and related cartoons just kept rolling with it.
>>
>>94994364
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>94994479
This. But Olive is literally a floozy who will go after the strongest dude. I'm pretty sure if Wimpy got into a fight in front of her and won, she'd be dtf
>>
>>94994479
One thing is ugly, another is being a massive cunt. And even though its been pointed out jokingly in the comic strip, bluto could easily clean up well at least. Maybe he and popeye are gay for each other and olive is just an excuse for them to wrestle.
>>
>>94994576
>Maybe he and popeye are gay for each other and olive is just an excuse for them to wrestle.
You reminded me of that orange juice commercial from like 15 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcYyB3OSQc
>>
>>94990469
so Olive Oil is a thot?
>>
>>94994435
Because it was funny
>>
File: 1475359362082.png (256KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475359362082.png
256KB, 720x540px
>Popeye Power Level thread is the most civil "who would win" in any board's history with good insight and encyclopedic reference knowledge

I knew there was a reason I liked this board.
>>
What would happen if Olive ate spinach? Could she beat Bluto?
>>
>>94994999
Isn't Olive shown to have at least upper medium strength when going commando? I seem to remember an episode when she did beat one of the guys, can't remember if she felt scared or angry
>>
Did Popeye ever have to face Bluto and Brutus at the same time?
>>
>>94994999
What if Alice the Goon was a spinich eater? I'm pretty sure she BTFOd Popeye when he ate it.
>>
>>94994999
she would be a normal healthy person
>>
>Wimpy with spinach is ??????
>>
>>94995920
Who eats burgers with spinach on them? Lettuce, maybe, but spinach?
>>
>>94994355
>>94994435
There's a comic where Olive asks Bluto why they go after her even though she's not attractive, and he says he set his standards low so he had an achievable goal.
>>
File: Mae3.png (88KB, 518x395px) Image search: [Google]
Mae3.png
88KB, 518x395px
>>94994639
Oh she's one of the biggest thots out there. Her opinion is easily swayed by gifts and even though Bluto has hit her, kidnapped her, and nearly raped her in the past, she's still open to fucking Bluto if he has something Popeye does not. (Like, for example, money.) But the moment Bluto starts wanting some Olive ass, she screams for Popeye.

Popeye deserves better, considering all the shit he has to deal with to appease her.
>>
>>94996650
Not to mention that, depending on the story, Popeye and Bluto might even be good friends until Olive comes between them.
>>
>>94996011
i do, not even lying
it's delicious and healthy
>>
File: Beatnik Olive.png (177KB, 687x353px) Image search: [Google]
Beatnik Olive.png
177KB, 687x353px
>>94994435

Olive was around for a full decade before Popeye appeared and was originally a secondary character for Castor and Ham Gravy's shenanigans. It's mostly just Segar's artstyle though.

Though, in fairness to Olive, a lot of it seems to be her clothes since she looks quite a bit better in anything else.

>>94994999

That actually happened quite a bit on the All New Pepeye Show. Olive on spinach is stronger than Goons, let alone Bluto.
>>
>>94994621
I'm unironically fapping to this.
>>
>>94996957
>Olive was around for a full decade before Popeye appeared and was originally a secondary character for Castor and Ham Gravy's shenanigans. It's mostly just Segar's artstyle though.
I remember that she was actually freakishly strong and was considered to be boyishly built in the sense that she was very tall and lean.
>>
>>94990679
>Are there other veggies that have affects in the popeye universe?
I remember popeye getting drunk on cabbage (they replace his spinach for that) for some reason in an episode.
>>
>>94997192
I don't know what kind of level of irony you have to be on to fap to something ironically
>>
File: Sick Burn.gif (46KB, 278x121px) Image search: [Google]
Sick Burn.gif
46KB, 278x121px
>>94994355
>>
>>94996011
Hamburgers with spinach salad and goat cheese = Yum.
>>
>>94994435
Thimble Theater was originally about parodying the films of the day. Olive would play the role of the leading female, so her being an obnoxious spinster was a dig at glamorous and idealized female characters. You're not supposed to actually like Olive, you're supposed to laugh at the idea that the characters in the comic are so obsessed with someone as annoying as she is. Also she takes a lot of pratfalls, like everyone else on the cast, and being cute would get in the way of that.
>>
>>94994355
BEGONE
>>
>>94994435
she's being fought over by a obese man and a deformed man, she's exactly the caliber of chick they'd be fighting over
>>
>>94992366
Anon... Take a seat. I have some bad news.
>>
>>94994999
>What would happen if Olive ate spinach? Could she beat Bluto?

In Never Kick a Woman, we see her eat some to clobber a tough/sexy lady gym instructor:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23rwax

This woman is often called "April North" because she talks like Mae West, but she's based on Olive's rival June Van Ripple in the comic strips of the period, who actively dated Popeye when she could.
Olive in the comics quite often fought with her rivals, so she's no slouch—clearly, she can handle herself much better on spinach than Bluto can, ergo, she could probably beat up Bluto.
>>
>>94989370
Bluto is the most powerful, physically.
Popeye is as powerful, but due to Bluto's larger stature, he van overpower Popeye in a one on one.
Bluto, with Spinach, gains an energy boost and heightened concentration, but he despises the taste and believes that working out is superior to dieting.
Popeye, who possess no real natural power, but who has achieved power through a life of hardship as a sailor follows a firm belief that you both a diet and a work out should have equal discipline, so he has gained immense power and overall fitness through this system, and when he needs to draw out his full potential, he consumes what he does before / after his work outs, a can of spinach, in order to supply his body with a frequent source of a balance of both protein and vitamins / minerals. Popeye, at this heghtened state is able to defeat Bluto, regardless of the difference in height / weight. Popeye is equal parts fat and muscle, where as Bluto, despite being a powerhouse, is more fat than muscle.

In summary, Wimpy is the man who refuses a proper work-out, and neglects a nutritious diet, as he is both dim, and also lacks discipline. Because of this, he is the lowest common denominator, and is weaker than even Olive Oyl, who is a string bean of a woman.

Bluto has natural power and a stature that rivals even the world's greatest body builders. Because of this, he is also lazy, but he still does the minimum required to keep himself in shape, what, with his diet and exercise. However, he refuses to go the extra mile and believes that power alone is a replacement for an overall level of fitness.

Popeye is the man that could and on many levels should have been Wimpy, yet took on an even harder life for himself and succeeded, now focusing his life on the simpler thing, like nature, love, and family. However, he knows that without diet / exercise, he would be no better than Wimpy, and would surely fall to Bluto. So, he upholds the balance and relies on Spinach, even now.
>>
File: BlutoFight_2.jpg (2MB, 2516x1736px) Image search: [Google]
BlutoFight_2.jpg
2MB, 2516x1736px
I highly recommend that everyone buy the Fantagraphics reprints, because those are the shit
>>
File: What.jpg (25KB, 666x348px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
25KB, 666x348px
>>94999827

Wimpy is a supergenius and apex predator.
>>
>>94989370
he gets aids
>>
>>95000261
It's true. Wimpy doesn't fight because he doesn't need to, he's mastered the art of war.
>>
>>94989493
ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
>>
>>95000134
Now that's what a knock-down,drag-out fight should look like at the end: two guys who just don't know how to quit coming near to murdering each other.
>>
File: Bong Rip Peeg.png (446KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bong Rip Peeg.png
446KB, 800x500px
>>94990731
damn skippy
>>
File: krazykatTigerTea.jpg (73KB, 452x500px) Image search: [Google]
krazykatTigerTea.jpg
73KB, 452x500px
>>94990731
>>
>>94989493
if you kill your enemies they win.
-justin trudeau
>>
>>95001154
>>94990248
>>
>>95000709
And Bluto never shows up again during Segar's tenure. He was just the current one-off villain around the time that Fleischer Studios picked up the license. The Sea Hag is the only recurring villain in the original run.
>>
>>94989493
Is this like giving Cell a Senzu Bean?
>>
>>94994966

Yeah, but then you remember majority of us are neets, man children and full on pedophiles
>>
>>95001499
Yes, and?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.