/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why /co/ loves Futurama but hates R&M? R&M is basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (439KB, 600x651px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
439KB, 600x651px
Why /co/ loves Futurama but hates R&M? R&M is basically modern Futurama.
>>
>>94962415
Isn't it because of the writers?
>>
>>94962415
>implying modern is a good thing
>>
>>94962461
Oh yeah.

>male writes a shit episode
>man, this writer sucks!
>female writes a shit/good episode
>man, women writers suck!
>>
File: 1503668714405.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503668714405.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>94962415
Because Futurama didn't have a Superwholockian tier fanbase.
>>
>>94962415
Futurama was actually funny.
>>
>>94962521
le shut up and take my blackjack hookers and you should feel bad bros.
>>
>>94962415
Science was more than just a platform to make the characters assholes with no consequences.
>>
>>94962589
Name one futurama memey joke thats on the level of a pickle rick intellectually wise though.
>>
>"Good news, everyone! Turns out God doesn't exist!"
>>
>>94962415
/co/ loved rick and morty during season one, but it got too popular so now people need to hate it.
>>
>>94962650
But he did in Futurama. I think it was when Bender was endlessly floating in space with tiny people on him.
>>
>>94962521
Do people really think like this?
>>
>>94962650
>"Good news, everyone! I turned myself into a pickle! Pickle Farnswor- my back!"
>>
>>94962713
I unironically laughed.
>>
>>94962688
It was one or two episodes, and they were well done. The whole "God isn't real" thing wasn't a cheap attempt at a joke, rather it was a talking point which spawned jokes.
>>
>>94962415
Because one is really good and the other is just okay but really fucking hyped.
Also, much like Rick and Morty, people stopped liking Futurama once the writing took a dive.
>>
Futurama-like episodes in other cartoons?

>S3E12: "The Once and Future Duck"
>Ajax accidentally opens a rift in the time/space continuum with his clock radio, bringing various future versions of Duckman to the past to see him, all different depending on different decisions he can make, causing him to fall into a paranoid spiral

A perfect blend of sci-fi, feels and comedy.

The main mood of "Ugly Americans" portrayed the ordeal of living in a world unkown to you pretty good, too.
>>
>>94962415
Its not I hate your shitty comparison
Futurama is adventure comedy that parodies classic sci fi tropes
Rick and Morty is a nihilistic comedy that parodies modern pop culture and the family unit
Comparing the two is like comparing Friends to Urkel
>>
>>94962415

Futurama actually had a lot of intelligence behind it. Pretty much everyone on the writing staff had degrees in other fields. That made for a lot of really intelligent jokes, references and easter eggs. It was understated and happy to appear stupid on the outside while actually having some real brainpower under the hood. That made it the best kind of show, the kind that could be enjoyed by a layperson who just wanted to shut their brain off for a half an hour and by the fanatic that would tirelessly comb through every shot for one more joke.

Rick and Morty is kind of like Doctor Who. It makes a show of being intelligent while not really doing anything to earn itself that distinction. It can be funny at times but more and more as the show's gone on I feel like it's bought into it's own hype. It's convinced that cynicism and nihilism are shorthand for intelligence. The more that goes on the further up it's own ass the show crawls and generally the less enjoyable it gets. Most of the humor this season seems to come from mindless edgy gore. If you enjoy that you might as well just watch family guy. That's better animated at least.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.