[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2016/07 /11/who-is-marvels-blaxp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1-O9_ZX0B_YkQ1k0DTRyzv1g.jpg (243KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1-O9_ZX0B_YkQ1k0DTRyzv1g.jpg
243KB, 800x1214px
https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2016/07/11/who-is-marvels-blaxploitation-luke-cage-comic-even-for-exactly/
Why is Genndy so racist?
>>
>>94956674
I hate the 21st century.
>>
>>94956891
Why?
Because you can't be racist anymore?
>>
>>94956674
>thenerdsofcolor

Why do sites like this exist
>>
>>94956907
Yes, exactly.
>>
>/co/ - Social Media & Outrage Farming
>>
>>94957026
because in the american psyche, non black people who aren't exposed to black people develop an image of them from the media which portrays them as violent criminal ignoramuses, when there are shitloads of them who will roll through a place and drop three figures on manga
>>
>>94957026
>Why do sites like this exist
Two better questions:

Why are sites like these linked here?

Why do people go to links that are provided in these threads?
>>
>>94956907
Everything was better during segregation

Then we had to start mixing white people shit with black shit because Dr King was all like "SEPARATE WATER FOUNTAINS IS BAD AN SHIIEET."
>>
>>94957077
That doesn't really explain WHY, though. The site could just as easily be "geek" focused without the implicit us-vs-them attitude of making it a race thing. I guess you have to do something to stand out in the sea of this shit since "nerd culture" became mainstream, but still.
>>
>>94956674
He was always a blaxploitation character. Literally a black guy named Power.
>>
>>94957158
That's no excuse.
>>
>>94957128
You just answered your own question.

Without adding race into it, the site would just be another geek blog in an endless sea of geek blogs. It's special snowflake syndrome.
>>
>>94957077
The media has been showing them as successful politicians, actors, singers, scientists and literally everything else so idk what you're talking about
>>
" In the right hands, the racialized and kitschiness of CAGE could easily become a fascinating way to speak about how black masculinity was coded in the ’70s."

Howdy, I sure do wish we got THAT Cage book instead of the fun, wacky, animated adventure Genndy wrote.
>>
>>94958284
>instead of the fun, wacky, animated adventure Genndy wrote.
But that's not what Genndy wrote.
>>
>>94958284
>Liking Genndy
Did Samurai Jack teach you nothing?
>>
>>94956674
>Charles Pulliam Moore
That guy's a retard. He wrote that "The FMA movie made everybody Asian, and why that's a good thing" article.
>>
>>94958496
How is it a bad thing though?
>>
>>94958303
How exactly is a a Dr. Seuss themed villain neither fun or wacky?
>>
>>94956674
america was a mistake
>>
>>94958513
It's not even a thing. It's a Japanese movie, they hired Japanese actors. That doesn't mean anything, that's just how it fucking works.
>>
>>94958513

cause despite it being anime, a lot the characters are basically Europeans. There are asian characters in it as well (well in the manga/Brotherhood version)
>>
I liked the comic, it was fun. I think the world is pretty thin skinned now-a-days
>>
>>94957084
/co/ is easy to bait.
>>
File: Jean1.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jean1.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: Jean2.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jean2.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>94959401
You mean /tv/ posters posting on /co/ are easy to bait
>>
>>94958461
>being this jaded you have to force yourself to dislike everything because of a name, no matter what it is.
>>
>>94958496
Wait, what?
Isn't their country literally analogous to Germany? The only Asians in FMA are the ones who showed up in the manga later on.
>>
>>94959776
I'd like to read the whole thing please.

Where can I find it anon?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.