[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss 90s Deadpool. Wacky jagoff bathroom humor Deadpool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I miss 90s Deadpool. Wacky jagoff bathroom humor Deadpool has been played out.
>>
90s comics were far better than le memeing redditors make them out to be
>>
>>94948545
go to bed Liefeld
>>
>>94948646
It's just the back and forth push between people loving and hating realism in comics art.

Neal Adams came along in the 70's and suddenly guys like Kirby were openly mocked as being old and outdated. For the 2000's we had people like Bryan Hitch make realism cool again in mainstream superhero comics after the Image guys set the style for the previous decade.
>>
>>94949441
I think the writing is the bigger issue than the art. But 90s Deadpool does look more badass.
>>
I thought they did a good job with him in Hulk vs. Would be nice to at least bring him back to acting kind of like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCLRkYElAI
>>
>>94948545
>I miss 90s Deadpool. Wacky jagoff bathroom humor Deadpool has been played out.

I will admit I'm not very familiar with the earliest of Deadpool appearances, but my introduction to the character was with Joe Kellys Deadpool who was frequently wacky and used bathroom humor, which also came out in the 90s
>>
The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.
>>
>>94948545
>I miss 90s Deadpool
That's surprising, since you probably weren't even conceived by the time it was written
>>
>>94948545
There's nothing wrong with DugganPool but i have no problems with that classic Deadpool coming back
>>
>>94950267
All the characters in Hulk vs. were actually perfect.
>>
So many Marvel character have been ruined as of late. If I could, I would revert a lot of them to before the damage had been done. For instance:

-Story about Tony being adopted is BS
-Carol Danvers never stopped being Ms. Marvel
-Star-Lord's traditional origin, personality, and 2000s era costume are maintained
-Groot can talk
-Cyclops never became a tascist edgelord
-Therefore, the O5 from the past never came to 616 and Iceman remains straight
-Wanda and Pietro are still Magneto's kids
-Miles is still in the Ultimate Universe, which wasn't destroyed
-No Riri
-Battle Scars never happened, therefore no Nick Fury Jr and original Nick Fury still has the formula keeping him young
-Remender doesn't age Steve Rogers (and Sharon Carter), which means no FalCap, no HydraCap, Bruce Banner is alive, RHodey is alive, Tony is OK, no Cho Hulk, and Jack Flag is alive
-No change from the end of Pak's Incredible Hulks. Hulk family is still a thing with powered up Betty, Rulk, A-Bomb Rick, and Skaar
-No M Day, therefore Jubilee isn't depowered and she doesn't become a vampire or a teen mom
-Spider-Woman doesn't choose become a single mom
-No Jessica Jones, therefore Luke Cage is free to be a good character
-Hawkeye and Mockingbird are still together, therefore no feminist bullshit and hipster Hawkguy
-No Sins Past
-Hickman era Secret Warriors continues on with Nick Fury leading and Phobos and the Howling Commandos and Mikel surviving
-No Rage of Ultron, therefore Pym is still Giant Man, and no gay Indian joke GIant Man
-No Nadia Pym
-No Moon Girl
-No Tumblrization of Hellcat
-Eric O'Grady and John Steele don't die in Secret Avengers
-No Original Sin with Fury Man on the Wall retcons, Dugan retcons, and Thor is still worthy, therefore no Lady Thor
-Squirrel Girl isn't ruined by Ryan North and Erika Henderson
-Wolverine and Spider-Man never become Avengers
>>
>>94950645
Super underrated movie.
>>
>>94948545

Honest question, OP, and I ask this with no presumptions nor to be antagonistic: Have you been reading Gerry Duggan's run of Deadpool over the course of the past six or seven years?

I ask because while the character still has plenty of humour, he's by far the most serious and grounded version of the character we've seen in a long, long time, and as someone who's been a fan of Deadpool since his first limited series back in 1993, I can honestly say it's the best version of the character we've ever seen, at least to my personal tastes.

Moreover, I find that 90% of Deadpool content that gets posted on places like 4Chan and Reddit and whanot - both by people who say they like him or say they hate him - is shitty, quippy, throwaway panels in old pre-Duggan runs, and that it would be very possible for someone whose only exposure to the character is that sort of material to form a very flawed impression of what he's actually like these days.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.