[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been meaning to watch the show for a while now. However I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: the-flash-tv-series-review.jpg (281KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
the-flash-tv-series-review.jpg
281KB, 640x427px
Been meaning to watch the show for a while now. However I've heard that Barry in the show is really unlikable compared to the comics which I'm more familiar with. How different is the show exactly?

I can deal with adaptations taking liberties with characters, events, etc. but if the main character is an unlikable asshole (unless that's the intention) then I lose interest.
>>
He's great in the first two seasons, very enderaring.

Season 3 adapted "Flashpoint", though, so it was entirely dedicated to Barry whining about the consequences of messing with time while still doing it all the time, and usually making things worse. That earned CW Barry a lot of meme fame for being an asshole.

Overall I find him pretty good and hope season 4 delivers on a more mature and confident Barry.
>>
He doesn't look like Barry but the person cucking him does, who is probaby a better actor. He has a bobblehead and is a complete tard.
>>
>>94936832
Let it go ,Rick.
>>
>>94936795
>He's great in the first two seasons, very enderaring

>2nd episode
>stops time to whine about how much he loves Iris
>>
>>94937126
>Literally speeds through the angst

The Barry we deserve.
>>
>>94936520
Picture Barry if he was a fucking idiot, had 12 people know his identity, half of which hang out at STAR Labs yelling in his ear on what to do every 2 mins, and his forensic skills practically forgot. That is the ballpark on what this Barry is. My advice is don't bother, it only gets dumber with time
>>
>>94937279
this
>>
There's pretty much no value in the show. Some people are still apologists for S1 because it was just starting so emotionally they still looked forward to things, but none of what we could have hoped for actually paid off and it's not good on its own. And Barry's legitimately terrible both in personality and competency.
>>
Unrelated, but does Arrow get bad? I'm half way thru the second season, seems pretty good so far,but I've heard season 4 is shit.
>>
>>94938214
Yes.

Season 3 is acceptable, but a major step down.

Season 4 is objectively bad.

Season 5 is good, though. On part with season 1.
>>
>>94938214
Most every agrees season 2 is the highpoint. It all goes downhill from there. Season 5 seems better, but only compared to 3 and 4, which are awful.
>>
File: arrow hype train.png (1MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
arrow hype train.png
1MB, 768x1024px
>>94938214
s2 is its' apex, and the final fightw with Deathstroke is one of the best capeshit fights I've seen. It starts to go downhill in s3 and hits rock bottom by s4. I've heard s5 gets better, but haven't seen it myself.
>>
>>94938214
Stop watching after season 2.
>>
Watch it for te Reverse Flash only and you'll probably have a decent time.

Season 1.
Season 2, episode 11.
Season 3, episode 1.
>>
>>94938273
>Season 3 is acceptable
>magic herbs
>the whole plot surrounds Merlyn's fucktarded plan that worked only because of his sheer luck and plot armor
>LoA is either doing nothing or being useless
>forgettable Ra's Al Ghul (no, one cool scene doesn't excuse him being shit for the rest of the show)
>shitty fight choreography where you don't even need to speed down to see the errors
No.
>>
>>94938273
>Season 3 is acceptable
S3 is so awful I stopped watching the show four episodes into it.
>>
Flashpoint was a mistake in the comics and was a mistake on the TV show. It'll be a mistake in the movies too, just watch.
>>
>>94938214
I wouldnt even say ARROW was ever good to begin with. Its hardly Green Arrow, more like Not-Batman with drama shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.