[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: LCS stories >that one guy who wants to be a rapper and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 32

File: image.jpg (809KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
809KB, 1500x1000px
ITT: LCS stories

>that one guy who wants to be a rapper and will randomly start spitting supa hot bars related to comics
>"Girl with yo hair and yo eyes you the finest I've ever seen, you like a perfect 10 CGC graded amazing fantasy number fifteen"
So far he's still in his mixtape phase.

>LCS hires maids (like the Japanese maido-bar maids, but local white girls) who hand out drinks and snacks whenever there's a special occasion like an anniversary or a holiday
>thirsty guys (usually tourists) enter the LCS just so they can hit on the maids
>>
>>94933486
>>LCS hires maids (like the Japanese maido-bar maids, but local white girls) who hand out drinks and snacks whenever there's a special occasion like an anniversary or a holiday
Well that's fucking stupid. No wonder LCS are shutting down.
>>
I work at my towns lcs.
Nothinginteresting or weird happens.
Sales are kinda low on the Marvel end.
The girls who comes in are average.
There's only 1 neckbeard but he kinda learned that being cringy and weird isn't socially acceptable so he became a lot more friendly.
The magic players are pretty casual so there's no butthurt faggots ruining everything.
All in all its a pretty standard retail job that I occasionally get some down time to draw or read books in.

I wish I had wacky made up stories like /co/ to share.
>>
>>94933486
>"Girl with yo hair and yo eyes you the finest I've ever seen, you like a perfect 10 CGC graded amazing fantasy number fifteen"

That's pretty good. What's this guy's name?
>>
>>94933486
>this entire post

where the fuck do you live?
>>
File: lcs anon.png (433KB, 1600x3555px) Image search: [Google]
lcs anon.png
433KB, 1600x3555px
>>94933486
>>
>Pastor Prime
Heavyset dude with a buzz cut who dresses like he just got out of church. Every wednesday he comes in, says nothing, grabs anything transformers related, pays for them and leaves.

>Fatnasty and D-Beetus
Two fat guys who wear nothing but nu metal band shirts and basketbalsl shorts. Never buy anything, just walk around the store wheezing and coughing a lot and then leave.

>Comic Book Dads
Guys with their daughters age 3-15 desperately trying to get them interested in comics so they can tell their wife they are doing daddy/daughter bondjng time when he is digging through the back issues. Daughters usually look at Harley Quinn stuff.

>Tina
13 year old girl who looks exactly like Tina from Bob's Burgers. At first i thought she was cosplaying but it seens like she just always looks that way.
>>
>>94933612
cute!
>>
>>94933596
Not him, but this sounds like Henk Li's Comics & Manga store in Amsterdam. The rapper (if it's the same guy, which it probably is because I doubt many shops hire maids and have a comics rapper) is one of the most annoying creatures on earth. The worst part is that he raps in English despite his English being shit. I'm pretty sure the only reason that he isn't banned is that he buys a lot.
>2 years ago when he suddenly had cornrows and said "AYAYAY" before he picked up an item.
>>
File: 1469529569254.jpg (165KB, 436x487px) Image search: [Google]
1469529569254.jpg
165KB, 436x487px
>friend is a regular in a LCS
>takes me there
>chat a little with the manager, we get along well
>ask him about some Jason comics
>he only has two but says that he can ask for any particular one I want
>tell him to ask for X and Y
>never go back
>friend had to make up an excuse for me
Sorry not sorry
>>
>>94934111
Douche
>>
What's with people who never buy anything? Are they just browsing for what they'll download laterr?
>>
>>94933486
LCS are cancer and directly responisble for the failure of the american comic book industry
>>
>>94934111
Faggots like you are why comic shops are dying. kys
>>
>>94934166
>Diamond is cancer and directly responsible for the failure of the american comic book industry
FTFY
>>94934148
I don't know but they could at least not fucking hover around for a good half hour to 45 minutes before fucking off.
>>
>>94933737
>Pastor Prime
Kek
>>
>Go to a comic shop in another city
>Browsing wares
>Decided to buy some Omnibus since they're half off
>As I was making small talk to the cashier some guy cuts in front of me and asks for his pull with his halitosis breathe
>Lady employee goes under the counter and pulls like a stack of MLP floppies, around 20 issues worth.
>Guy then gets his wet(?) money straight from his pocket like an animal and then hands the money at the counter, immediately does a 180 and leaves.
First time to see an actual brony,I didn't want to believe that bronies were this retarded and it was all a meme but I was proven wrong. The guy looked like he was gonna murder someone, he was really thin and had super baggy clothes.
>>
File: wakarimasen lol.png (268KB, 406x345px) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen lol.png
268KB, 406x345px
>>94934176
>>94934139
>>
>>94934224
Nah dude you're a prick. It would be one thing to fuck over some random guy out of a sale, But eat shit for putting your friend in that position where he has to cover for your shitty behavior.
>>
>go to my LCS to see what they have in
>pick up The Boys Vol 9 and Superior Foes of Spider-Man Vol 1
>the owner behind the counter starts to ring me up
>see The Boys and goes on to tell me how he met Garth and the man wrote him into his comic
>he sees superior foes and scoffs
>ask if he's read of this before
>What, a comic about five costumed people sitting around a table trying to kill spider-man? No thanks those comics are all the same
>I'm baffled, before I can anything the other guy behind the counter messing with the MtG cards leans over
>this guy, right?
>I laugh
>he laughs
>the customer waiting behind me laughs
>the guy who rung me up just stares
>>
File: o_19oevirg61hsjhqk6re1s731oc2k.jpg (55KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
o_19oevirg61hsjhqk6re1s731oc2k.jpg
55KB, 600x900px
>>94933612
>>
>>94934269
Not only is it a dick move to the "friend" it's a dick move to the shop, that's how comic stores close down, people ordering shit and not picking them up.
>>
>>94933486
Why do people keep making threads with Karlie Kloss OPs?
>>
File: Wine.jpg (53KB, 422x444px) Image search: [Google]
Wine.jpg
53KB, 422x444px
>>94934269
Yeah, you're right on that. He forgave me though.
And I bought something in that place a year later too (when I was convinced the manager wouldn't recognize me, he didn't as far as I know).
>>
File: image.jpg (257KB, 960x1239px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257KB, 960x1239px
>>94934300
Loads of people on 4chan like her since her whole Taylor thing.
Alsoshe triggers manlets.
>>
>>94934346
What happened between them?
>>
>>94934295
Not him, but I don't see any problem with his behavior.

>that's how comic stores close down
Good. The comics industry is a cancarous cesspool that needs to die already. Let the fuckers find some real jobs.
>>
>>94934533
Have a {You}
>>
>>94934472
They used to be best friends, but they seemingly had a falling out and don't talk anymore.
>>
>>94933612
LCS anon gives me hope for the future.
>>
>go to my Lcs to get my pull list
>see Ostrander's Suicide Squad Volume 1 siting there
>fuckyes!.jpeg
>go to ring it up
>clerk recommends me New 52 SS
>I decline politely, pay for my items and leave
>come back a while later, pick up Voulme 2
>he tries to push New 52 again
>again I decline
>proceeds to tell me New 52 is a much better read because of Harley Quinn being on the team
>tell him I don't really like Harley Quinn, pay for my items and leave
>come back Wednesday to get my pull list
>notice that my copy of Spider-Man and Deadpool is missing
>ask the clerk about this
>tells me Deadpool is a very overrated character so he took it off my pull list for him
>get angry, tell him I'm not buying it because of Spider-Man or Deadpool, I'm buying it because it's written by Joe Kelly
>who? Who is that?
>>
>>94936753
Quit fucking posting this
>>
>>94936871
I used to have an LCS that would add books to your pull because "you might like them".

I don't go there anymore. I honestly can't tell if they were serious or saying it as a joke to cover their pull mistakes.
>>
>>94936871
Why? It's a good story
>>
explain to a non american - what's a pull list?
>>
>>94937747
Instead of having a subscription to one or multiple comics, you give the comic store guys your "pull list" AKA comics you want them to put aside for you every month, and you pic them up every once in a while.
>>
>>94936753
Sounds like a store that's not interested in staying in business.
>>
>>94937861
I see, thanks.
>>
>>94937889
Well they're also a cinema, the comic shop is small and located in their lobby
>>
>>94933612
Damn, I wish I was there for that thread.
>>
>>94937747
Where do you live? I'm in Ireland and I don't know of a store here that doesn't do pull lists. Granted there are about ten scattered across the country, but still.
>>
I forget the name of this shop, but i heard about them at my LCS a few weeks ago

>regular from my LCS puts ASM on his pull
>they ask him if he wants the rest of the spider books
>he tells them just amazing, obviously
>they start ringing all the other books up along with his pull anyway even though he has to ask them to take then off every single time
>they try to give him all the spider-island tie-ins also
>eventually stops going there
>>
>>94933737
>Daughters usually look at Harley Quinn stuff.
The father failed his daugher.
>>
>>94938392
Russia. There aren't even comic book stores here, they sell comic books in book stores, and it's usually collected editions and hardcovers, not ongoings.
>>
This one time this guy was in who looked EXACTLY like Comic Book Guy from Simpsons.

Wanted a subscription to Spiderman, so he kept asking the guy at the counter a bunch of annoying questions.

Eventually he left, then like a minute later he came rushing back in to ask when they'd be getting the new Steven Universe Funko POP! figures.
>>
Why go to the LCS when you can just buy if off Amazon or Barnes and Noble's Buy 2, Get 1 Free event?
>>
>always qts behind the desk
>had a nice sleeved deluxe print of The Eternaut
>one qt notices me leafing through it and invites me over to the desk to lay it out instead of holding it like a newborn
>talk to her for a good fourty minutes about real comics
>check out with the last books I need to finish my blacksad and corto Maltese collections
>she sees the corto Maltese and strikes up another convo about Pyongyang
>she said she'd read them based on my gushing
>thank her and walk out

And that's the most I've ever talked to a girl in person about one of my few life's passions.

Never had a bad experience here. Feels good having a store where they have a containment store in the back for the /tg/spergs
>>
>>94938516
You enjoy the space and want to support a local company who does good work?
>>
>>94934148
Im a casual that intermittently broke and i like to scope out older/indie shit as well as DnD shit.
Im disappointed i have to go to the used bookshop for my trpgs.
>>
>>94938721
My LCS doesn't even sell recent comics, mostly old stuff, card packs, individual cards, toys and used games and console.
>>
>>94938883

>used games and console.

Oooh, how far back go they go?
>>
Man, my LCS is kinda lame. The counter-jockey is friendly enough but he doesn't really know shit about comics beyond the basics, and most of the regulars are either Magic-playing teens or Pokémon-playing children. Not that I have a problem with those guys, but it'd be nice if some actual comic readers hung out in there.
>>
I went to a LCS out of town one time, all the ones in my area usually cut you a deal if you're buying in bulk (like say if you're buying 50 $1 comics, they will take 5 or 10 bucks off)

I picked out a big stack of about 50 1 dollar comics and politely asked the guy at the counter if there was any deal he could give me

He rolled his eyes and copped an attitude "dude, they're DOLLAR comics" then immediately looked back down and flipped apathetically through his magazine.

that day instead of making 45 bucks off 50 space wasting comics they made 0.

The next month I was in the area and they had gone out of business.
>>
>>94938516
>wanting to get your books weeks late
>paying for shipping
>giving money to amazon
>>
>>94938893
Mostly recent used games of current consoles.
>>
>>94934201
Fuck you. Money is an issue. It is a serious debate whether to pick up several cheaper ones or one collection. I'll take as long as i fucking please.
45 mins is a bit excessive
>>
File: super stare.png (94KB, 359x507px) Image search: [Google]
super stare.png
94KB, 359x507px
>>94939051
>Not joining the Church of Amazon. Amazon is the only god that you need.
>>
>>94939119

Dang.

There needs to be more stores selling Sega Saturn games.
>>
My LCS is pretty rampant with odd characters. There's a tall man-baby guy that comes in every Wednesday and gets every single comic from Marvel and DC, all the variants too. There's a guy who buys nothing but female led DC books, including the Superhero Girls book. He also ogles Harley Quinn statues and licks his lips as he does so. Does this creepy laugh after every sentence like it's somehow an innuendo.
>>
>>94939212
>He also ogles Harley Quinn statues and licks his lips as he does so. Does this creepy laugh after every sentence like it's somehow an innuendo.

This guy sounds kind of cool, would hang with if hes not a convicted child rapist.
>>
>>94938493
>Eventually he left, then like a minute later he came rushing back in to ask when they'd be getting the new Steven Universe Funko POP! figures.

Jesus, when was this?

Also, which ones did he ask for?
>>
>>94939320

Bout a month ago. Can't remember who he wanted.

It might have been Teen Titans Go, really. My memory is hazy.
>>
>>94939051
Personally, I'm more of a bookstore guy. LCS are a nice novelty but they are cancer for a nonfanatic audience.
>>
File: Alex Trebek.png (278KB, 620x340px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Trebek.png
278KB, 620x340px
>>94933612
Things that never happened for 500.
>>
>>94939392
I like the large wall of trades and hardbacks that most Chapters/Indigo locations have these days, but it sucks that they don't price-match their online store for items in the store. At least now you can used their gift cards online.
>>
>one day my house burns down
>tell my LCS that I need to cancel my pull list due to lack of money
>owner tells me that he'll pay for my comics for the following three months
>>
>>94933612
>>94938355
Fake or not still gets me to this day
>>
>>94934209

There's got to be more to this to warrant the hostility I'm reading off of you. All you described was him being curt and having bad breath.
>>
>>94939354
>It might have been Teen Titans Go, really. My memory is hazy.

It probably was, I've had the newest wave of SU POPs since March.
>>
>>94936753
>I don't like Deadpool so I took it off your pull list

Fucking Marvel, killing comic stores.
>>
>>94939779
To this day I'm still convinced that that little bastard did that because I insulted his waifu
>>
>go to comic store
>feel weird for some reason because I'm a sperg
>know jack shit about comics but want to read them
>guy behind the counter is reading Green Lantern comic
>ask him if it's any good
>In the most annoying condescending way tells me yeah

Fuck comic stores. Never reading any comics

I just wanted to break the ice and ask for recommendations but nooo
>>
>>94940090
>feel weird for some reason because I'm a sperg
so was the guy you asked, anon
>>
>>94940090
>have a single bad experience
>Fuck comic stores
You're doing this to yourself.
>>
>>94939035
Waah I couldn't jew my way out of an extra $5 and the wage slave clerk who has zero authority wouldn't negotiate with me so I threw a tantrum and left.
>>
>>94934533
"Entertainment industry, print industry, writers, artists, private business, and clerks don't deserve to work."

Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>94936753
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>94934338
Yeah you're still a spineless dick though.
>>
>>94938516
>trade waiting

Cancer.
>>
>>94934166
>said someone who has never worked in a comic shop

Infinite wisdom everyone
>>
>Be 10-12.
>Not a lot of LCS in my country.
>Buy comics in regular newspaper stands.
>Frequent one run by a nice lady.
>It closes down.
>Flashforward last year, I'm 25.
>Go run some errands at a local department store near where the stand used to be.
>The stand lady works there now.
>Recognizes me as "that little boy who loved superheroes".
>Gave me a neat discount.

Earth-shattering, I know.
>>
>>94939212
>every single comic from Marvel and DC

Is this dude made of money?
>>
>>94940606
Who are you quoting
>>
File: cb4.jpg (13KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
cb4.jpg
13KB, 300x277px
>>94940535
>jew my way out of an extra $5

Being frugal with your money is the easiest way to acquire more of it.

>who has zero authority

If thats the case, which would be a mistake on part of management, how about instead of copping an attitude, he just says "Im sorry sir, im not allowed to make those kind of deals"

Its one thing to be rude to rude customers, another thing to be rude to polite customers. its just bad business.

>I threw a tantrum

What part of my post indicates that I threw a tantrum? you seem awfully emotionally invested in a strangers anecdote. Are you perhaps the faggot clerk in question?
>>
>>94940705
I have no idea how he does it. He walks in every Wednesday with two empty rucksacks and when he leaves, they're full. He also buys model trains from the store across the hall (LCS is in a shopping centre).
>>
>>94940688
>I'm 25
And you still look like you did when you were twelve? Time to get a haircut and ditch the cargo shorts, anon.
>>
Used the comic book store locator to find the nearest comic book store and it pointed me to some suburb area so I drove around there to find it and it was just houses. I passed the address a few times to make sure I didn't get anything wrong and the dude standing outside looked at me funny so I left. I checked the site again and I guess he just ships shit for people, felt like a fool.
Any ways there are no comic shops in my area.
>>
>>94940857
kek

I'm a bit of a babyface, people often assume I'm 17 or so.
>>
>>94934295
>that's how comic stores close down

...at the end of my couple month phase buying comic books (mostly cartoonfag) I asked for a comic they were out of and they said they'd order it for me. Never came back for a variety of reasons. Now I feel bad.
>>
>>94941005
Don't. One more nail isn't going to make that coffin shut any tighter
>>
>>94934148
I had to browse for a huge amount of time before I found something good enough. Comics are just really bad nowadays.
>>
>>94939035
Whenever I'm at con's or shopping back issues, I usually ask for about a 25% discount and negotiate from there, usually work, but generally I agree, if no deal is made I usually dont buy at full price, unless its a severally undercosted key, Like the time I found a Strange Tales 126, about a 6.5/FN grade, first Dormammu for $30.
>>
>>94933588
Politicz. With a 'z'.
>>
>>94937029
Reminds me of the Youtube "recommended videos."
>>
File: boner.png (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
24KB, 250x250px
>>94933612
How do you call it when you have an erection, but in your heart instead of your dick?
>>
>>94942628
that thing that girls do?
>>
>>94942713
So uh

Knitting?
>>
>>94937029
My old LCS would do this too, except they saved me every variant cover on my pull. Unfortunately they closed too.
>>
>>94940819
Is this Legends in Cupertino?
>>
>>94943084
Nah, it's in Galway. Good to know this is a duplicitous thing though.
>>
>>94933588
>That's pretty good
>I don't care that his meter is all wrong
>>
>>94939035
Good on you. Customer service is the key to business.

>>94940535
Triggered cuck who doesn't know about bargaining. Have fun bending over to your Jewish overlords all your life.
>>
>>94933612
I-Is there any more to this?
>>
>>94933588
it's (You)
>>
>>94933486
never played it before
>>
>>94943762
Don't, it's pretty bad.
>>
>>94933569
Good marvel deserves low sales.
>>
>>94942870
I believe the term is "bukkake."
>>
>>94939212
I like this anime.
>>94939613
Very kind!
>>94940090
I hope this is fake.
>>
>>94940747
>What part of my post indicates that I threw a tantrum?
The fact you walked out without your purchase you fucking sperg.
>>
>>94933569

>Neckbeard learns to be a half-decent person

This warms my heart a little bit.
>>
>>94944509
>>94943762
It was ok on psp but otherwise it's shit
>>
>>94938698
Columbus?
>>
File: venom.jpg (81KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
venom.jpg
81KB, 720x960px
>>94933486
>ITT: LCS stories

>LCS has a pupper
>named Venom
>Venom got hit by a car
>LCS customers raised money to make sure Venom got fixed up
>pupper is doing bretty ok now
>>
I posted this before but I saw a black guy I went to highschool with once at my LCS. It was weird cause he just stood out, super baggy pants, football jersey, and braids. I honestly thought he stumbled in there to ask to use the restroom. The cashier asked him if he needed help and he was asking about the new rebirth comics. The cashier found him some and the black guy got in line to pay then all of a sudden he went back to comics rack and also grabbed some MLP. Later I tell text a friend to ask if it was the game we went to school with and he said it was, that the guy does like small reviews of comics on facebook and that the MLP was probably for his daughter. I still find it weird because the guy was a thug back in highschool. Saw him beat up someone during class, get in a huge fight after school, and heard he beat up homeless man pretty bad. Glad he is into comics now and I hope he still visits the LCS
>>
>>94940090
>One time i stubbed my toe on a brick while i was walking down the sidewalk, now i'll never do that again because fuck sidewalks
>>
>>94940747
>Being frugal with your money is the easiest way to acquire more of it.
Actually you're just spending less of it, so you have more left over. You aren't acquiring any.

The easiest way of acquiring more money is selling drugs, or i suppose mugging people.
>>
>when you move cities and can't go to your favourite stores anymore
>that feeling of dread when you have to go to a different store for the first time
I really hope the one in my new neighbourhood isn't full of spergs.
>>
There's 4 lcs in my area and I have a pull list at all of them with 2 books each and then peruse the new books they put in respective half price bins/boxes
>>
>>94950529
>change neighborhoods
>new place is closer to LCS
It's a good feel
>>
>1997
>be 15
>always see comic book stores in tv
>always wanted to visit one
>comic books stores are non-existent here
>hear there's a new comic book store opening in the next town
>get pretty stoked
>2 1/2 hour bike ride
>finally get to the address, its just a normal house converted into a comic book store
>its run by an old american expat
>check if he has anything with cyclops,shuma gorath or darkheart (loved marvel superheroes arcade)
>its all archie's digest and some old dc/marvel comic books
>ask him if he has anything new
>he says nope and tells me that most the stuff he's selling are stuff he and his friends brought after ww2, korea and nam and the archie digests are his sons old stuff that his son sent to him
>then proceeds to tell me stories about how he saw action in the pacific and korea
I would always visit the old guy once a week since he was cool letting me read those archie comics and telling me war stories shame that the he died in 01 and the new store owner changed it to a hobby shop
>>
>>94933486
>thirsty guys (usually tourists) enter the LCS just so they can hit on the maids
>tfw this used to be me in conventions
>stopped obsessing over girls into geek hobbies because I realized most of these people aren't looking for anything other than attention-giving losers
>while the ones who are in it just because they enjoy it most likely aren't looking for a beta orbiter to feed attention off

I saw some guy asking who this local cosplayer was in the event page of a con I went to, I'm glad I was never that guy.
>>
>>94933612
hmmmm.... is it bad that what I got from this is to collaborate with a wingman and have him badger a weak looking girl in an LCS so I can swoop in and be this guy?
>>
>>94938420
could be DC Super Hero Girl Harley Quinn stuff?
>>
File: file.png (631KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
631KB, 720x480px
>Tfw LCS is too small to hang out in.
>Biggest LCS is an hour's commute away
I actually got lost going to the big one. It's not even actually an LCS, it's a bookstore that has a space on the 4th floor for an LCS and a recreational space above that for when they have guests so they can set up shop.

Pic related is the one I go to. Image is outdated though, they renovated it but it's still pretty small. I wish it just merged with Neutral Grounds, they pretty much already share a demographic.
>>
&gt;Going to meet up with friend to see WW in my old neighborhood <br>
&gt;decide to visit Mile High nearby, haven&apos;t been in few years<br>
&gt;sales guy and customer discussing DC Rebirth <br>
&gt;end up talking with them about King&apos;s run on Batman and how I prefer it to &apos;Tec<br>
&gt;End up discussing Injustice 2 and how I don&apos;t think Watchmen characters should be added<br>
&gt;guy and girl walk up to us, listening <br>
&gt;guy asks me who I main in Injustice<br>
&gt;Joker<br>
&gt;chick thinks that&apos;s cool, guy thinks he shouldn&apos;t be in the game<br>
&gt;end up having pleasant conversation, bummed a smoke from chick and got her number <br>
Timeskip to a week later<br>
&gt;looking for new roomates, not really down to crash at my sister&apos;s house for two weeks<br>
&gt;end up fucking living at guy and chicks garage, they&apos;re siblings<br>
<br>
It was pretty neat, those guys really hooked it up for a while. The dude even got me a ticket to a con so I could meet Kevin Conroy.
>>
>>94940641
Not that anon, but fuck you and your holier than thou bullshit.
>>
>>94934201
The industry was fucked long before everyone signed with Diamond.
>>
>>94933737
I need pictures of pastor prime
>>
I work at LCS. Every customer is pretty cool and respectful except for the following:

Playing dumb speculators
Flippers that come in and play dumb and ask for a book that is either out of print or a hot new appearance issue. Asking if we have any copies after I say no. They ask if I can find them 3 copies for him and his family. *eye roll*

Amazon price matchers
Customer asking if they can get a particular item for said price and after I say "I can only do it for the price that's on the item. " They say but Amazon has it cheaper. They usually don't think about the shipping price or condition.

BBT jokers
Old ppl that come in and say oh it's like the Big Bang theory I usually respond by saying I never heard we were like cal tech but I'll take that compliment. They look dumbfounded on what I just said

B&N readers
People that come in think it's Barnes and nobles and just start reading trades or issues. I usually give them a few minutes and say there's no reading in the store. They usually leave right away.

Good words of wisdom when you visit a LCS
if you cool and respectful to the workers there and are a frequent customer.
We will go out of way and locate hard to find items or hold a particular book for you that might be sold out by the end of the week or hook you up with some freebies when you come in. It's our appreciation for being a loyal customer.
Being a dick will get you nothing
>>
>>94942628
It's called "empathy".
>>
>>94950334
Black people love comics, dude. Thugs included.

The great thing about black people is that they don't give a shit what people think about the things they like, so they don't feel ashamed to watch moe anime or girly cartoons or kids shows.
>>
>>94951098
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>94949587
yea buddy
>>
File: IMG_0212.jpg (494KB, 978x1178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.jpg
494KB, 978x1178px
>>94933612
I remember being in this thread. I'm not sure if LCS Anon is real. Part of me hopes he's real. I hope he's out there playing superhero tabletops with his gf. Keep on rocking LCS Annon. Keep on rocking.
>>
File: CVp_8P1XAAAAJ18.jpg (41KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
CVp_8P1XAAAAJ18.jpg
41KB, 600x599px
>>94933486

Alright I'd like to see someone top this. So I walked into a comic shop in bumfuck fallon Nevada of all places. Chat up the owner and he seems p cool. The place is one of those businesses that are set up in a residential house -however it's not super ghetto or anything. I'm the only costumer in the store and a ways into my browsing the local church congregation enters the store. Apparently they know the owner and are there to celebrate this one chicks 80th birthday. They spot me(and my haircut) and ask if i'm in the military. I reply yes and get the usual round of "thankyouforyourcervix." Then with them all huddled around me the pastor starts a prayer session and everyone bows their heads and all that. After the prayer I decide it's time to get the fuck out of there and make my purchase. The pastor places some literature/business cards in my comic(swamp thing) and they ask me if I want any birthday cake. I decline with a lie saying I had already had too many sweets that day.
>>
>>94939035
Sorry, I have to side with the clerk. He seems like a rude prick, however, you also seem like a rude prick. Why not just pay the 5 if you want the comics?
>>
>>94951561
easy
I worked in a bookstore/comic book shop and I sold an Inuyasha paperback to a guy who would later burn and eat his mother a couple of days later which was weird considering in my previous line of work I also sold newspapers to a guy who ate her niece
>>
>>94951648
Sauce?
>>
>>94951098
Is this first contact with a sentient AI or Alien?
>>
>>94951098
>&gt; as in greentext
> <br> text breaks
is this an enhanced form of green texting?
>>
>>94951803
Get on his level
>>
>>94951318
>>BBT jokers
>Old ppl that come in and say oh it's like the Big Bang theory I usually respond by saying I never heard we were like cal tech but I'll take that compliment. They look dumbfounded on what I just said
That must get really old and annoying. Also wow, that sounds fucking stupid

>>B&N readers
>People that come in think it's Barnes and nobles and just start reading trades or issues. I usually give them a few minutes and say there's no reading in the store. They usually leave right away.

Heavily guilty of this
>>
>>94951818
Don't read in the store. Someone is going to come along and actually pay for that and they deserve not to have their copy bent and covered in your finger grease.
>>
>>94951845
>Not having designated reading copies
It'll be more convenient this way, people who wanna read, will read. The bookstore I go to achieve's this by having all but one book packaged in cling wrap.
>>
>>94938698
You the fat one or the manlet reflected in this pic?
>>
>>94951098
Jesus, the only possible excuse I have for my post turning into this is that I'm on mobile. But even then...what the fuck
>>
few years ago, got a new job, and was talking to co-workers about new movies, I think Kick-Ass was in theaters and I'm a pretty big Millarfag
anyone let my powerlevel show for a second, guy tels me theres a lcs we should check out after work
I agree, we cruise and talk about 90s comics on the drive in his mini cooper
we get there and I look around at the discounted tpbs trying to find some interesting shit
turn around and see my co-worker literately screaming at the cashier that some book wasn't in his pull
it was really awkward, pay and get out really quick, smoke a cig and wait for him to calm down
ask him what was the matter
>a single comic wasn't there and it's t& a foil variant
find out his pull list is only smut/porn/Zenescope stuff but he gets like every single one of them & variants, every single week
go back to that lcs all the time because their backlog is top tier for dollar comics and all the tpbs are late 80s/90s
>>
>>94951738
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/filipino-brothers-kill-eat-mother_n_4730312.html
Paroy Amil was the one who bought the inuyasha comic
I cant remember an article for the other one though, that happened before i moved out of my home
>>
>>94942628
Heart attack?
>>
>>94938698
When the fuck is the new IDW Corto book coming out? Same with Blacksad. I can't find any news and I preordered the IDW book.
>>
>>94945367
>not buying something = assblasted megafit

He knew he could get a better deal later on similar merchandise elsewhere, isn't it you throwing a fit on the shop's behalf?

Buying a stack of 50 shitrags is a gamble bundle, it might all be good, it might all be shit, it might be halfway. It's essentially throwing money into the hole. There's no reasonable way to expect someone is going to come in and buy those copies again.

They can take or leave a deal and acting real judgy about it like the clerk and you and >>94940535 (also you?) just ensures it doesn't move.

I'm explaining this to you because you don't seem to understand it, and I'm chalking that up to naivete or a preoccupation with contrarianism. If I was more cynical I'd just say it's because you're damn stupid and probably a poor wagey.
>>
>>94949676
Cute fella. Glad he's doing better.
>>
>>94952027
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/filipino-brothers-kill-eat-mother_n_4730312.html

Alright, that topped my story.
>>
>>94938516
B&N still isn't worth it compared to Amazon or IST. I've managed to eke out a better deal at B&N one or two times with coupons or the buy 1 get 1, but those instances are extremely rare.
>>
>>94934148
When I do that, it's because I like the idea of an LCS, but their prices are ridiculous or their selection is terrible, so I just fuck off after a bit. Last time I tried going to an LCS, they were trying to sell the Hellboy Library editions for 60 bucks, so I just turned 360 degrees and walked away. The store I tried before that had a smaller tpb/gn section and worse prices than Barnes and Noble. The store I tried before that is in Salem and cared more about attracting the bazinga crowd and street traffic than about actual comic fans.

I gave up after strike three and just do IST and such now. If they could offer a single tangible benefit over an online store, then I'd give them another shot.
>>
>>94934209
>TFW I have a large, incredibly gaudy moon pony keychain I got for free with an order and nobody has ever mentioned it.
One day, I'm sure one of these greentexts will be about me.
>>
>>94951648
What bookstore/comicshop?
>>
>>94953089
B&N is better for browsing than IST. Wouldn't have found My Favorite Thing is Monsters if I just had IST, for example. Plus, B&N has a way better non-cape selection than every LCS I've been to combined.

If I'm physically at a B&N and find something I like, I usually buy it there even if I know I can get it cheaper online.
>>
>>94933486

Goddamn, that has got to be her hottest picture
>>
>Go to LCS to catch up on The Vision and Captain America
>they're out of Captain America
>grab my copy of vision
>tells me they don't do card purchases of less than $5, I don't have cash
>guy throws in a cheap copy of fucking SAGA of all things to bring the total up
>I just want Vision, christ, let me pay and leave
>tells me to come back when i'm ready to graduate from cape books to FUCKING SAGA
>never come back

thanks for talking shit on the book i'm buying jackass. just because it's from a non marvel/dc publisher doesn't make it inherently better, Vision is better written than Saga anyway.
>>
>>94953474
I wonder who controls the pricing on trades? Seems like (unless LCSs have free reign to charge whatever they want for trades, as long as its at or below list price) the system is engineered for the LCS to fail since Amazon and IST are given leeway to sell trades at lower prices while the comic stores are not.

In the case an LCS does have control over their trade prices, why not go ahead and match Amazon? Making some money is better than making no money.
>>
>>94954162
It's the latter and it's because of scale concerns. Bigger comic shops do make an effort to cut prices earlier or have more frequent sales but national chain bookstores can't compete with Amazon. What makes you think a mom and pop could?
>>
>>94933612
I read this, and all I can feel is that I could never do anything like that anon did and that my capacity for kindness is even less than I thought.
>>
>>94954465
They have to offer something to make me want to use them. I don't buy floppies, which is a very valid reason for most people to keep LCS open, but without them, I have never seen an LCS that I would care about closing. I buy a ton of toys and stuff - they're collectibles are always incredibly overpriced. GN/trade selection is always terrible, even aside from the price. Every LCS I've been to just wants the cape crowd. I would kill for a LCS that features local artists or gets supply from Domino or Retrofit or something. Brick and mortar stores are best for browsing, but most LCS I've seen are built around the idea that you know exactly what you want and just need to ask someone where it is. Pull lists are a symptom or cause of this since you just go to the register, get what you picked out, and leave.

The best I've found at an LCS is stuff that was already in my IST wishlist at double the price when I want to be finding things I've never seen before.
>>
I work at an LCS and now I'm worried about the flooding here. Shout out to my fellow Houston LCS workers.

Also I do have a quick question to customers: Do you guys mind if we recommend books to you guys or are we overstepping any lines? I don't want to be *that* comicbook store guy who comes off as a judging your pull or something but I do try to recommend books that I think that you might like even if you don't like that particular company or something. (For example: One of my customers likes darker stories and I told him to check out Vision.)
>>
>>94954851
I don't mind getting recommendations, just don't act pretentious about it.
>>
>>94933486
>nice LCS, good people, great times
>owner decides to get out, sells it to a new owner
>new owner begins running it into the ground
>also functions as a wargaming store
>Nice players all leave, new wave of butthurt faggots come in
>They form a clique of shitty people, remove last decent players who want to have fun
>owner does nothing, bolsters them
>LCS ruined, all good people leave
>owner gets the rights to the comic-con here
>store thrives due to that, despite being a smoldering pile of garbage

Disgusting.
>>
>>94954465
I wasn't thinking about it in terms of competing with Amazon, more getting some kind of return for their investment. Selling trades seems to be kind of a lost cause anyways these days if you aren't amazon, IST, or equilivant to them. Most of time when I visit an LCS, no one buys them and the same ones sit on the shelves forever.

Admittedly, I don't know whether most LCS have the same kind of shady Marvel/Diamond deals for trades that they do for floppies, like if they're obligated to buy them or something. But all those trades and hardcovers just seem to be dead stock until they're eventually 50% to 75% off for their going out of business sale.

Like >>94954661 said, they have to offer some kind of advantage over the better online options.
>>
>>94954851
Customer service is the one thing you have that is better than online stores. I say offer away, but be careful to not be pretentious and not make it feel like an upsell. Don't use 'instead' because then it feels like you're insulting their taste. Use 'in addition to.'
>>
>>94934285
Fucking lol
>>
>>94954899
>>94954982
Oh for sure!

Thank you both, I try to say 'Y'know if you like x, then maybe you can give 'Y' a try.'

(Funnily enough I actually did recommend Y:The Last Man because they read Saga.)
>>
>>94941810
>tfw got a complete Age of Apocalypse bundle for ~$50
Everything is in absolutely pristine condition too. Very, very happy with that.
>>
>>94939035
>Hello Mr. Employee, I believe I'm entitled to not have to pay the indicated price for these items
Is this a thing people actually do?
>>
>>94944509
Ya but it has the best main intro song
>>
>>94954128
>Talking shit about people's purchases
Like, I get it.
I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to keep MY eyes from rolling if some rainbow-haired 20-something walked into my hypothetical store and pulled Hellcat, Mockingbird, America, and Squirrel Girl.

But Jesus people who can't keep their smug comments to themselves really shouldn't run a business. ESPECIALLY when shit-talking (what I assume is) Tom King's Vision, like what the fuck?
>>
>>94954851
I wish my LCS guy would recommend me stuff.
Just don't be an autist and say something like "when you're ready to read REAL books, check out this".

Just do a polite little "hey, I saw you were into X, if I could make a suggestion you should check out Y as well, seems right up your alley" no one in their right mind will get mad at you. And if they do, fuck em, they're a tard.
>>
I hate it when I go to my LCS and there are people arguing who'd win in a fight/power level shit, basically comicvine on legs.
>>
>>94955556
Christ yes.

We have a dollar bin at my store but people still try to haggle over them.
>>
My LCS is pretty regular.

>Walk in.
>Get pulls.
>Chat with some dudes.
>No super autistic conversations or people.
>People playing TCGs/Warhammer/DnD
>Everyone is cool except for the Pokemon players who smell bad
>>
>>94951378
how many blacks do you know?
>>
>>94938698
fake as shit
>>
>>94933612
>screenshot 1600px wide
Why do people do this? It's hard as fuck to read.
>>
>>94943602
>being a jew about $5

>supporting a local business

Choose one anon.
Can you be a faggot any harder?
>>
>>94952180
>It's essentially throwing money into the hole. There's no reasonable way to expect someone is going to come in and buy those copies again.

Which is why they don't want to negotiate. They're a business. If you were willing to spend 45 you were willing to spend 50.
Now people can't even call you out on it with you throwing another multi-paragraphed tantrum you fuckin sperg
>>
>got time to kill, store is basically empty
>browse through back issues, relaxing
>guy with his gf walks in
>loudly proclaims "Haha, it's JUST like Big Bang Theory in here!"
>goes through the store in my direction
>oh fuck
>"hey remember when Sheldon goes 'own this one, and this one, ooohhh want this one!"
>they laugh and immediately leave
>wonder what fucking assholes go to a store just to make fun of it/people who go there
>look to my left
>sweaty fat guy in baggy clothes wearing a neckbeard and fedora looks back at me
>>
>>94940718
>The comics industry is a cancarous cesspool that needs to die already. Let the fuckers find some real jobs.

>Entertainment industry, print industry, writers, artists, private businesses, and clerks don't deserve to work.

It's not hard to follow anon
>>
>>94953089
>>94953628
B&N packages their shit better, ordered a couple books from Amazon, fucking corners were bent to fuck.
>>
>>94951164
>if you point out someone being a faggot for having zero remorse for their actions you're holier than thou

Yeah okay faggot
>>
>>94956687
okay, well you still have IST shipping then, who pretty much saran wrap their comics and secure them to bottom of the box when they ship their trades.
>>
>>94956815
Yeah, but its still better than having your books put into those large envelope with hardly anything to cushion it.
>>
>>94956815
I might be misunderstanding you, but IST packages the hell out of their shit. Filled with air cushions and packing peanuts. Never ordered from anywhere that puts more effort into making sure shit doesn't arrive damaged.
>>
>>94957042
yeah that's what I was saying
>>
>My friends and I are out bar hopping.
>Goes to LCS afterwards since they're having a Thanksgiving weekend midnight sale.
>We get to the LCS and run into a female employee that I'm extremely attracted to.
>Constantly thinking in my head to not hit on her since she probably gets hit on all the time.
>Friends still say that I flirted with her a bit.
>She asked what comics I liked and I recommended Priest's Deathstroke.
>Ended up spending over $80 in comics that night.
Not a bad night honestly.
>>
>>94957073
I apologize, then. I misunderstood your tone, I thought you were saying that was a bad thing.
>>
>>94950748
Well, don't just tease, give us one of his stories!
>>
File: MadeToSuffer.png (430KB, 999x502px) Image search: [Google]
MadeToSuffer.png
430KB, 999x502px
Told this story in another thread awhile back, but here it is again:
>On the hunt for X-Men Gold #1
>Wasn't able to go to LCS on Wednesday for whatever reason, so I decided to go on Thursday.
>This is the Thursday after it came out, so hardly any websites are covering the controversy
>I walk through the doors of LCS and I am greeted by the smell of sweat
>Oh fuck
>It's card game night
>My LCS is set up like this: Cashier to the left of the door, Card game & RPG shit in the front, Tables for game night in the middle, and comics are on the back wall.
>I must walk through the middle of the sweaty game players to get to the comics.
>As I approach the tables, the smell of sweat is getting more powerful
>Finally I get through and reach the comics
>Pick up my usual books
>Now to see if they have X-Men Gol-
>soldout.jpg
>As I walk back, I'm not really paying attention to the gamers, as I'm more focused on thinking about if I have time to go to another comic shop that's a bit further away.
>Suddenly, I begin to slip
>I catch myself on one of the nearby tables before I can hit the ground
>The fat guy sitting at said table gives me a look like "the fuck?"
>I look down to see what I slipped in
>It's a sweat puddle, forming from under the fat guy's seat and spilling out into the open space between rows
>After I check out and head for the door, I hear two cashiers talking
>Cashier 1: "Does it smell different in here to you?"
>Cashier 2: "It always smells like this on game night"
>>
>>94957378
Jesus fuck
>>
>>94943602
>Tries to haggle at a store
>Calls someone else a jew
The lack of self awareness at this place, man.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1280x1920px
Are there ever any grills at your LCS?
>>
>>94957908
There was this one time when a cute blonde girl came in. Really dry sense of humour, fairly deadpan. One of the guys made the comment that were he closer to her age he would fuck her just to see if he could put a smile on her face.

Haven't seen her there since the first time, but I live in hope.
>>
>>94957908
Yeah the Harley Quinn and shojo manga crowd
>>
File: 1474839960199.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474839960199.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>94942628

Love.
>>
>>94953474
Salem, MA? I was in there a few years ago and got threatened to have my fingers broken if I walked past the new releases because it was a tuesday and they already had the new stock out. Of course, the new releases were at the front, and I had to maintain eye contact with the owner as I walked by to the back.
>>
>>94951906
No I just pulled the first not shit resolution image of the store off google images my boy
>>
>>94957908
One of the cashiers and some customers.
>>
>>94934148
I uses to do that with movies
>>
>>94942628
Affection Erection
>>
>>94954851
Just ask them first if they INTERESTED in hearing recommendations...jeez, why everything's has to be so complicated with nerds...
>>
>>94956534
But why was there a mirror installed on the wall of a comic book shop?
>>
>>94951648
Weebs. Not even once.
>>
>>94951648
Maybe is you and not the reading material.
>>
>>94957378
Why do they sweat so much? It's not like it's huge physical activity. Is there no air conditioning?
>>
>>94961745
A lot of fat dudes in a room without deodorant=a ton of sweat and stank.
>>
Forbidden planet is so shit it barely counts as an LCS.
>>
File: 1494204543401.png (305KB, 446x504px) Image search: [Google]
1494204543401.png
305KB, 446x504px
>Guy tried selling store owner his ereader tablet
>Claimed he had a bunch of "rare" #1s on his comixology account
>Insisted "they had to be worth something"
>Many keks were had
>Guy laughed him out the store
>>
File: 1424901826118.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1424901826118.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>Go to my LCS
>Go to the shelf of new comics
>Look to see whats new to get
>dude next to me rips ass
>MFW
>walk away and pay for my books
>>
>>94963551
That better be true, 'cause that's retardedly funny.
>>
File: SDCC 2017 loot.jpg (1MB, 1946x1301px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC 2017 loot.jpg
1MB, 1946x1301px
>>94940975
>>94940857
>tfw used to be called "boy" until i was 33
>hit by cuties, 7-10/10s, everywhere
>read in public, cuties pretend to be interested in comics and scifi books just to sit next to me
>girls and guys all guess I'm 3-4 years within their age no matter their age, even 16 year olds
>even got hit on by gay alpha buff 18 year old manlet who probably wants to be topped because I'm 6'1"
>teehee
>thyroid decides to shit itself at 34 years old
>get fat
>still get hit on but no one freaks out anymore when they know my real age
And despite all this attention, i'm completely depressed because an ex got married who still wants to have some sort of friendship

I don't have any LCS stories, but at Comic Con one year I was being bolsterous braggart and I had some near 70 year old lady latch onto me, going from panel to panel because I had been going for decades and knew my way around. That was a lot of fun, since she kept falling asleep on me (head on my shoulder even) during actual comic panels like Stan Lee's and Brian Bendis'.
This year's SDCC highlight was talking with an amazingly cute happa who had the type of face that lookedl ike it was always smiling. I thought i hit it off with her, where she even teased me about stuff we had talked about hours earlier and she talked about how she didn't want to be seen as that type of girl who goes to conventions by herself... but she just went and left without even saying goodbye when a line manager was looking for two people to fill in spaces. I said i was OK if she went ahead, thinking i would see her within five minutes, but she looked at me all incrediculously and left without looking back.
FUCK.
>>
File: Bump.jpg (101KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bump.jpg
101KB, 350x500px
>>
>>94963974
It was around the time when phones were selling for good money just because they had flappy bird installed. I guess the guy used that example to justify value in digital media
>>
>>94964055
Bad luck, bro. I liked the old lady story. You should have asked her out or said yes to one of the 16 year olds.
>>
>>94934044
I was also thinking this. It sounds all too familiar.
>>
File: up-up-and-away.jpg (384KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
up-up-and-away.jpg
384KB, 900x470px
In comparison to some of the stories here, I guess I'm pretty lucky I have this LCS. It's considered one of the jewels of the town. The owner and his family are pretty cool and they give me free comics once in a while. This past FCBD was pretty awesome.
>>
File: sdcc 2017 choice loot.jpg (372KB, 1256x731px) Image search: [Google]
sdcc 2017 choice loot.jpg
372KB, 1256x731px
>>94965317
The old lady was too much of a prude for me to even consider her.

She stopped watching A Game of Thrones because they killed the wolf in the first three episodes. No problem at all with them killing children and other people, but she was disgusted that they'd pretend-kill a dog for a TV show.

The panels i saw with her was Stan Lee talking about himself, Brian Michael Bendis talking about himself, Spartacus, and Falling Skies. There was something else, but i forget, because i wasn't there for that.

I was with her in line for about an hour, talking with a bunch of other people about how I've been going to SDCC so long that they decided to make me a professional (actually got a job for a game company), how to get around from room to room, and getting good seats.
So she says she wants to stick with me and grabs onto my backpack, trying to stay as close as possible to me, as I venture through the rooms to get better seats. She did the same thing when i went to another room. She was basically hugging me because of how bad the crowds were.

She talked about how she was there with her daughter and how she got tickets because she knows famous people because she has a Hollywood boutique. She talks about her old lady vacations to the holy land and how intimate she is with some actors who i forget because they're from some CBS shows for old people i forget. Likely some sitcom.
She fell asleep during Stan Lee's hilarious panel and she totally tried to keep awake by eating something... which fell to the floor when she dozed off.

I ditched her during the Falling Skies panel, because i have no interest in that and needed to be somewhere else.

I really love comic con, because i always get to meet a lot of new people and there's always a couple of whores who i totally drop my spaghetti with.
Talking about comics and my other interested? I'm super confidant interesting humor man, so its common that I have people following me around from talking with them in line.
>>
>>94933486
>Women in retail.
It's like the owner wants to lose money.
>>
>>94953549
Rex bookstore
>>94960251
I just sell them man
>>
>>94954851
I don't have a problem with it, as long as it's a recommendation that is earnest instead of condescending or pretentious. That is, something like "hey, I noticed you like [x]. [y] is also pretty good, you should check it out sometime" as opposed to "wow, you actually read [x] when you could be reading [y]? [y] is so much better than [x]". You'd think a business would be smart enough not to do the latter, but the average LCS isn't really staffed by genuinely business savvy people. At all.

My LCS is great when it comes to recommendations (among other things), because they're not stupid about it and they're safe to try recs from.
>>
>be in Sydney, practically zero LCS
>closest 'LCS' is a Gametraders
>very mainstream, MCU/DCU/TWD-heavy titles
>notice a copy of Blacksad, which looked cool
>flick through, not that into it and put it back and grab BC/Zatanna Bloodspell instead
>store clerk said he ordered Blacksad in particular to 'test' potential customers
>most of the customers are probably just kids who dgaf
>mention I need to get cash out and don't come back

Fuck this mentality. Also,

>visit comic store
>have TPBs of comics I want
>only ever seem to stock volume 3, 5 or 7.

Is this just a sales trick to get you to preorder the first volumes from them? I'd be more than happy to but this one store never, ever fucking has stock available.
>>
>>94971601
My store also doesn't carry the first few volumes of some books. And then some series will have Vol 1 then skip a few and have the rest consecutively.
>>
>>94971601
Volume 1 and 2 make sense that they're gone since people probably want the beginning stuff and never come back for the rest. Volume 4 being gone is weird though, since 3 always seems to be available. I think it's just one guy who goes around to every comic store and buys up all the Volume 4's.
>>
>>94971601
Most stores will order more of the initial volumes because more people will be buying them.
So they run out faster, yet the stores will be hesitant to reorder more, since they're not sure if it'll continue to sell well.
This is hard to measure though, from a consumer point of view, since we only notice their final result. So they could be re-ordering and selling out almost right away, and we'd never notice.

Later volumes do not sell as well, and despite ordering fewer later volumes, they can shelf warm for a very long time. Sometimes a store will never order the last volume of a series or even go half way.
>>
>>94954851
Phrase it in the form of a question.
Hey, you like _____? Have you checked out _____? The _____ is great or the _____ is similar.
>>
>>94957908
Three or four regulars that are dumpy older ladies.
One reasonably young attractive woman who shows up late Wednesday and hold court over a smattering of nerds.
Occasional girlfriend, mom or teenager wanders in.
>>
>>94966922
That looks fucking huge, what in the fuck.
>>
File: 1503900870012.jpg (13KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
1503900870012.jpg
13KB, 324x291px
>>94942628
>>
File: 1442979759924.jpg (13KB, 215x134px) Image search: [Google]
1442979759924.jpg
13KB, 215x134px
>>94933612
I want to believe that this happened and isn't a lie
>>
>>94934285
>What, a comic about five costumed people sitting around a table trying to kill spider-man? No thanks those comics are all the same
I swear to Christ I've read this before
>>
>hanging out with friends
>Friend tells me he recently spotted a comic shop by his bus station
>A comic shop so close to campus would've been a dream
>We decide to check place out with another friend of ours
>He takes us to the building
>It's a tiny shack next to an empty lot
>Paint is chipping off and the sunshade is full of holes
>Stickers, signs, and poster covered all the windows so you couldn't even get a look inside
>Would've thought place was abandoned had it not been for the neon open sign
>I walk in
>It's dark
Cont ?
>>
>>94966922
Fucking hell dude where is this
>>
>>94973107
There are a few stories like that. And it's a very common episode of cartoons. Samurai Jack, the original Batman animated series, and PPG I know both had episodes like that. >TFW I read Superior Foes and Nextwave and they just weren't my style of humor so I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Superior Foes was pretty good, but Nextwave I only really finished out of a sense of obligation
>>
>>94958880
Yeah, Salem, MA. I live right by there. I really like that kind of stuff, but it always feels a bit too tourist-ey aside from a few stores. I'm one of those disgusting witch hipsters that prefers Fall River.
>>
>>94942628
this has been known as a heartboner for years, anon.
>>
One of my many exes broke up with me in the local comic store, I actually don't care for comics that much but they do sell some interesting stuff, nonetheless.

She was this redheaded comic fan and she was also a huge slut who would often undress if I'm the only one with her in the room, she broke up with me because she thought that I had been cheating on her because I am often on Skype with my childhood friend/first girlfriend/ex-ex-girlfriend whenever New Girl is on and we both watch it together, I also often text and/or call her since we were still apart from each other.

This was back in 2011, mind you.
Me and my first girlfriend reunited just two years ago when she moved near my place and we officially continued our relationship, we are still going strong and smooth to this very day.

This girl I broke up with on the local comic store is just one in my long list of exes.
>>
>>94933612
I just love this story. <3
>>
>>94973832
>>94973864
Just how many exes did you have, Solid Snake?
And what kind of person are you to pick up then leave girls just for sport?
>>
>>94957908
At afternoon, it becomes crowded with 10-12 years old girls. This demographic seems to be obsessed with SoL Manga for some reason. It's the reason why I order my stuff from the online shop from one of the publishers outside of the holiday season.
>>
>>94957908
Yes.
That's where I met one of my exes, after all.

>>94973898
I had so many exes that I lost count of them a long time ago.
Also, why would you ask the second question?
>>
>>94972808
>dumpy older ladies.
Ask them about their favorite comics from way back when.
>>
File: henkliemaids.jpg (85KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
henkliemaids.jpg
85KB, 620x620px
>>94934044
>>94965432
>>94933486
Yeah, I think it's Henk's.
>>
>>94952027
>Man that is so fucked up it must be a false story, it would have been all over the news h- oh, it's the Philippines, now it all makes sense
>>
>>94952027
what store you in anon? I'd visit you, though judging from the names in that link.... Mindanao? That's too far.

>>94974194
>There are literally people complaining how people get angry when cops kill people but not when drugheads kill people
the the far end of the spectrum
>The people who compared a guy murdered by the police (with a shoddily planted gun on him to proclaim it was self defense) to fucking Jesus
Please save me
>>
>>94974229
Duterte Harry needs to step up his game.
>>
>>94973980
>>94973898
how many exes is too many?
It's basically one a year from HS til whenever you get too old or married, because young people are shit.

OH, and i guess minus inbetween years when you find one that actually loves you and you fit together so well that she actually starts liking comics and wants to laze around the house with me after years of comfort, only to be heart broken because young people are shit like that.

also, comics aren't a necessity to enjoy together, but it broadens your scope
>>
>>94975050
I don't know how many is too many but I lost count of them a long time ago.
>>
>>94958811
Bullshit
>>
I don't go to an LCS but
>large local flea market
>buy a few DVDs including 90s anime from an old guy
>he starts talking about his other shops, to fill the void I say that I buy and sell comics as a hobby
>he says that he's never been into them, but has a big collection that he's been wanting to sell, including a box of Superman from the 60s in perfect condition

>next week, he forgets them
>starts talking about how he goes to the doctor once or more a week and that some days gets horrible chest pain and loses his voice
>I don't even know what to say
>he says we should exchange numbers and he'd call me about the comics sometime

I'll post an update on this in a few weeks, if there is any
>>
>Back in high school my girlfriend got me into comics so i started watching the dcau stuff, i fell in love with batman beyond and JLU.
>start getting into comics. I start buying booster gold, batman beyond, and the shirty nu52 JLI.
>eventually realize im wasting my money because modern comics suck.
>i end up only buying comics from the 10c and $1 bins. Get into darkhawk, sleepwalker, x factor, and other 80s and 90s comics.
>eventually i find some darkhawk annual that looked cool so i bring it up to buy it for a dollar.
>"uh that comic is actually 14 dollars"
>I say never mind.
>The other guy behind the counter replies, "give him the comic, its fucking darkhawk."

Everything went pretty well.
>>
>>94975050
>It's basically one a year from HS til whenever you get too old or married, because young people are shit.
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ROASTIES!
>>
File: o.jpg (98KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
98KB, 1000x750px
>>94973327
5885 Pfeiffer Rd, Blue Ash, OH 45242
>>
>>94975142
Definitely mention this thread and post and show a pic of your winnings if you end up getting them. 60's Superman was the best.
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.