[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how is it? Would any of you genuinely recommend this to anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Avengers-Vs-X-Men-lo-ultimo.jpg (299KB, 1117x1602px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-Vs-X-Men-lo-ultimo.jpg
299KB, 1117x1602px
So, how is it? Would any of you genuinely recommend this to anyone?
Is it worth the purchase or should I avoid it?
I stopped reading Marvel for a while during the transitional period between this and the first Marvel Now phase, so I missed out on it
Now I've got some friends saying that I should give it a read, but I'd like some opinions that aren't from biased assholes
>>
>>94922920
It literally made me drop all X-Men titles I was reading back then. It's that bad.
>>
>>94922945
Well, shit.
I don't know what was going on with the Xmen back then, but it must've have been pretty terrible for you to do that.
>>
>>94922920
I'd just recommend "Muh Phoenix" instead. You'll get the gist of AvX and actually be entertained.
>>
>>94922920

basically.
Wanda, the Scarlet Witch depowered most mutants in House of M, living only a few hundred mutants. Characters like Jubilee are still depowered to this day.

Later there was a very long story about a mutant Messiah, Hope Summers

Avengers vs X-Men is the end, in 2011, of a story that begun in 2005 with Wanda depowering mutants.
AvX shouldnt have existed in first place. The Avengers hijacked an XMen story because Marvel thought it was a good idea for an event with great sales, and because it is modern marvel, Avengers were good and heroic, and they tried, but failed, to make Cyclops look like a villain. The first scenes are the Avengers rescuing people from a falling plane, and Cyclops kicking Hope Summers in the belly during a training session for example.

This event had as consecuences that new mutants could appear (at least until the terrigen mist genocide story) Cyclops killing Xavier, going to prison, escaping prison, and no longer being seen as a hero in universe.
It also ruined Phoenix lore.
>>
>>94923013
This. Muh Phoenix is a classic of our time.
>>
>>94922971
Imagine a storyline being built up in one group of books (Green Lantern for example) and then the big finale comes and the protagonists are cast as the villains and some other fuckers are the heroes (let's say Batman). Except what the new "heroes" are doing is fucking stupid and what the "villains" are doing isn't villainous at all and isn't even their fault.
>>
Don't read it. If you're going to read it, either pirate it or get it from the library, don't fucking pay for it.
>>
>>94923641
I liked Blackest Night.
>>
>>94923301
>they tried, but failed, to make cyclops look like a villain

well they certainly made him look like an asshole but then contradicted themselves by trying to make cyclops "right" about everything so they seem to be confused about it and never committed. he may have not looked like a villain but he was definitely not a hero either.
>>
>>94922920
I wouldn't recommend any event from the past decade or so, honestly.
>>
I dropped the X-Men after thay event.

And they are my favourite comic book franchise.
>>
>>94923871

if you want to check out something get Spurrier's X-Men legacy. The only great X-Men book released after that event, and self contained. Main character is Legion.
>>
After the Scarlet Witch decimated the mutants, they faced loss after loss. A school bus of kids was blown up on their lawn, kids were shot in the head on the lawn and in the mansion. It was not stop suffering for the X-Men.

Then you have Bendis Avengers who didn't leave their buffet table until the problem LITERALLY flew into them (Like Red Hulk did) to get off their asses and solve a problem.

And the Avengers are treated like the heroes and the X-Men are the villains (Except the ones who sided with Wolverine cause Aaron is a faggot)

Other events can piss me off with bad writing like Civil War II, but AvX made my blood fucking boil.
>>
>>94923013
FUCKING THIS
I showed it to my teacher once who read comics before and he found it hilarious
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.