[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this entire thing start out so fucking weak but ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 54615465154515454981641.jpg (154KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
54615465154515454981641.jpg
154KB, 1200x600px
How did this entire thing start out so fucking weak but ended on a strong note? I remember when the movie came out people were complaining about how bad it was and then flipped when the 1st season started airing on CN. I started to rewatch the 1st season and ill admit the animation is kind of choppy and not alot of the episodes were the best but there were some gems and it is a hell of alot better than Rebels.
>>
>>94922364
The show had me sold at the Rookies Episode in season 1 but a lot of the episodes were a roller coaster of quality.
>>
>>94922364
Probably because Lucas was treating it as a passion project.

>>94922401
True and thats the good thing about it being more or less episodic. You can just skip the shitty arcs
>>
>>94922364
I've heard it's really good and it's on my watchlist on Netflix but I just can't bring myself to start since I heard the first season is such garbage.
Can I skip it? Or can I just keep it on as background noise while I'm working on papers?
>>
>>94922475
The first season isn't garbage. Not as good as later seasons, but it sets the stage for a lot of stuff later on.
>>
File: 157954367824.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
157954367824.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>94922475

Someone should have the watch list image but every episode with clones is 10/10
>>
>>94922364
This show is pretty overrated IMO, there were only a few arcs that were really good. Now, to be fair there weren't that many that were outright abysmal either. It was mostly just mediocre average Star Wars shit. Not that great nor that bad.
2003 Clone Wars was better though.
>>
>>94922539
You mean star wars Warhammer 40 edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY

Also this show made the fucking jousting battalions canon with the 95% mortality rate when deployed.
>>
>>94922524
Well alright then, guess I was misinformed
Guess I'll watch it whenever I get some free time
>>
>>94922364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz3wpkCt2Ms

>Spend time and money to make models you never use again for a cameo
>>
Started as kiddie shit, evolved and started showing the shit situation the supposed "protectors of righteousness" put their literal slave armies through.
Also made Anakin amd Padmè actually have chemistry and Anakin's fall was much more gradual/meaningful, you really saw and felt that this guy was THE fucking hero of the republic, dashing Jedi who was beloved by his troops. You saw his arrogance and disgust with the Jedi grow slowly. Compare his quotes and a tions in season 2 to the final seasons and you see hes getting real tired of this shit by the end.
>>
>>94922364
This show deserved a proper ending

Why must Disney ruin everything it touches?
>>
>>94922816

the problem was how they wasted season 6 as the "Order 66" season since there was apparently more shit after that
>>
>>94922809
>Also made Anakin amd Padmè actually have chemistry
Padme episodes were the worst ones besides droids and she was portrayed as an absolutely shit wife. Everything else you're saying about Anakin was right though, and a big part of why the show was so good. We got to see development the movies missed out on, the friendship Obi-Wan told Luke about.
>>
>>94922364
Filoni is good. Filoni with Lucas money is incredible.
>>
>>94922809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6_0Y4nnylA

Anakin was fucking metal
>>
File: 14657650414670.jpg (335KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14657650414670.jpg
335KB, 1520x1080px
>>94922364
>How did this entire thing start out so fucking weak but ended on a strong note?

cheap production
support from production team
support from fans
daring writers and creators.
classic story and design developments.
contat and working with fan base.
>>
>>94922883
I forgot how good this whole arc was. Barriss is absolutely right too, its just like a lot of radicals: right idea, wrong execution
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.