[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woa 8JjGpGLY thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: batman-gotham-by-gaslight-000.jpg (910KB, 1673x2281px) Image search: [Google]
batman-gotham-by-gaslight-000.jpg
910KB, 1673x2281px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woa8JjGpGLY
thoughts?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>94909751
>written by the guy who wrote Batman and Harley Quinn and Flashpoint
>literally wearing a victorian cosplay while being interviewed
>>
>>94909777
yer that made me cringe
>>
>>94909751
I'd be far more interested in a Doom That Came to Gotham adaptation.
>>
>>94909751
I want to optimistic, but I saw a lot of Bruce Timm and none of Paul Dini in that video, and we all know how Batman and Harley Quinn turned out.
>>
>>94909751
>Agatha Christie created what she called a "fair play" mystery where....you could extrapolate who the killer is
>and I hope we've made that kind of story
...you hope?

How could you not know whether or not you've provided enough clues to deduce the murderer? You wrote the fucking story!
>>
>>94909840
This.
>>94909844
Also this.
>>
>>94909751
>Talk about how strong and important Mignola's style was in the original.
>Make no attempt to replicate it.
>>
>>94909751
Needs more shadows and darker blacks, I mean they talk about that in the interview but they don't animate it like that, I guess thats too expensive for these relatively cheep animated movies.
>>
>>94909973
The guys who made Amazing Screw-On Head would've been better for this.
>>
>>94909856
When a writer crafts a story and attempts to seed clues to a greater mystery they are not always successful. What is obvious to them while having the whole thing in mind is not always obvious to those reading and putting things together as they go.

It's a hard balance as well since if you make things too obvious then no-one cares when they reach the end since it was seen coming early on. But if you make things too vague then you can leave people feeling like you just ass-pulled the big reveal. The best balance is when you leave clues that only start to come together to make the whole at the end. But it's damn hard to do for novel writers, let alone comic writers.
>>
File: the guy in the middle.jpg (69KB, 832x388px) Image search: [Google]
the guy in the middle.jpg
69KB, 832x388px
>>94909856
Never read the comic, but this sneak peek alone pretty much confirmed the killer's identity for me personally. I think it's ridiculous for them to even call this a mystery or in anyway related to Agatha Christie novels.
>>
>>94909751
I'll watch when I get confirmation that Jack the Ripper isn't going to be Joker.

Until then it is automatic garbage for making me believe it's gonna be Joker.
>>
>>94911568
Oh good, they're using this flat, uninteresting style again.
>>
>>94909751
They're making Dick and Jason both redheaded urchins. That's justice.
>>
>>94909973
Yeah, that annoys me a lot.
>>
>>94912567
>They're making Dick and Jason both redheaded urchins.
>redheaded

Calling it now, if they do a live action adaptation, at least one of them will be black.
>>
>>94912836
I meant redhaired.
But eh, I wouldn't rule out making any of them a minority, like middle or near easter or hispanic. Specially in the case of Dick, being a circus performer.
>>
>>94912971
Dick's already part Romani in the comics
Jason was Spanish in the bombshell comics so it's more likely for them to turn him into one for the live action stuff
>>
>>94913506
Spanish is not the same as hispanic, anon. It's not diversity as american audience understand that. Because west-european-esque people can't be diverse, apparently.
>>
>>94912567
Dick isn't. He's the one with the mullet talking to Jason.
>>
>>94914315
0:52
I see a tail of reddish brown hair. Maybe not redhaired, but definitely not black.
>>
>talk about how much black is used
>use barely any black in the characters

They should have just copied The Amazing Screw-On Head style.
>>
>>94913657
and Basque isn't Spanish according the Basque
>>
The comic is just okay and I can't imagine this'll be any better.
>>
>>94914571
Well, they're from the Iberian Peninsula and don't have amerindian ancestry, which was my point.

I'm from Northern Spain, so I'm pretty aware of the whole thing
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.