[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No bait. Give me one reason why this wasn't a satisfying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 20

File: worthit.jpg (39KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
worthit.jpg
39KB, 480x270px
No bait.

Give me one reason why this wasn't a satisfying ending to the show.

[poiler]Hardmode: You can't use the words "feminism", "subversion", or "pretentious"[/spoiler]
>>
>>94896846
It was a pretentious subversion of feminist ideas.
>>
>>94896880
Ouch, sorry Anon that is not the correct answer. But don't worry, you're not leaving empty-handed.

Regis, show him what he won!
>>
File: killer cock.png (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
killer cock.png
97KB, 500x500px
>>94896846
it stunk poo poo butts and I hated it
>>
It was fine. TLA was miles better, though.
>>
>>94896915
The ending or the overall show? Or both?

I couldn't watch TLA. Hated the characters.
>>
>>94896935
>I couldn't watch TLA. Hated the characters.
then how did you watch korra?
>>
>>94896935
I mean the overall show. Both first seasons suck but season two and three of TLA blow TLoK out of the water.
>>
>>94896846
The entire show was awful, no surprise the ending was a dumpster fire.
>>
There was no chemistry between these characters and pushing them together like they did in the last season felt forced. So did every other romantic relationship in the show btw. Only good story arc was the evil gaang one.
>>
>>94896955
They were better developed, flaws and all.
>>
>>94896955
The characters were better.

>>94896968
I couldn't get past the third episode of TLA. And what are you talking about, season one of LoK was 10/10 until the ending
>>
>>94896846
Because it was a poorly executed mess. Korra shouldn't have continued after season 1
>>
>>94897002
LOL bullshit
>>
>>94896846
For one the show reveals to the audience that spirits are violent dickheads who hate human development and Korra keeps a portal open so they can fuck with humanity. So while spirits are now right in the center of the most industrial city on the planet, Korra fucks off to eat carpet with Asami in the spirit world.
>>
>>94896996
What do you define as 'no chemistry'
>>
>>94897017
Then we wouldn't have gotten the masterpiece that was season 4
>>
>>94897004
I was too thoughtless in my post. Season one of Korra is fine, but season two is hot garbage.
>>
>>94896846
Because Bryke were cowards that didn't give us korrasami from season 1 or maybe 2. I know people lack long term memory, but at that time, people here unironically shipped them with just a few faggots calling them tumblr.
They had more chemistry at the first seasons than the forced bullshit that came at the end.

So the ending was just pandering without any real reason.
>>
>>94897068
Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

Any more guesses?
>>
>>94896846
It's gay as fuck.
>>
>>94897076
Thank you, this is the correct answer.
>>
>>94897068
They made them lipstick lesbians to jerk off too. S1 and 2 Asami was cold to that tard Korra since you know she stole Mako.
>>
>>94896846
Because few fans actually wanted any relationship between Korra & somebody.

Why must the endgame always be love & sex?
>>
>>94897075

That you're a filthy lesbian shipper with no moral conduct or standards?
>>
>>94897075
>Bryke detected
You fucking faggots can't write an ending even if your life depended on it.
>>
>>94897024
As in the characters have no common personality traits, korra is disagreeable and asami is a people pleaser, in the prior seasons all they express towards eachother is passive aggression, that animosity doesn't go away in reality, they have different social values, Korra seeks to abandon tradition while Asami wants to preserve her familial unit. Their relationship doesn't make sense beyond any view relating to lesbianic lust and bicuriosity. In the real world that relationship ends when one of them gets bored. Probably korra.
>>
>>94897109
They all die.

Is that better?
>>
No build up to it at all, there's some line out of nowhere that mentions Korra only wrote letters to Asami for some fucking reason while she was hanging around in Earth Kingdom fight clubs. They just suddenly decided they were queer out of nowhere, three prior season had almost no remarkable interaction between the two characters.
>>
>>94896846
Because it lacked development.
>>
File: 1489554917347.jpg (29KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1489554917347.jpg
29KB, 400x396px
>>94896846
>OP didn't quit the show after the second season.
>>
>>94897315
>Thinking it's a choice to be bisexual

Oh silly anon, it's 2017, stop living in the 80's.
>>
The only thing I liked about TLoK really was S1 villain, S3 villain and the earthbender brother. Everything else just seemed like shit to me
>>
>>94897426
Sorry, "they" as in Byrke decided Korra and Asami were queer even though neither one had shown any sexual interest in anyone other than Mako.
>>
File: 1503625421354.gif (2MB, 304x226px) Image search: [Google]
1503625421354.gif
2MB, 304x226px
>>94896846

Bait the thread.
>>
File: 1493136696821.gif (2MB, 254x196px) Image search: [Google]
1493136696821.gif
2MB, 254x196px
>>94896846

>No bait.
>>
>>94896846
gay shit
>>
>>94897315
Asami took care of Korra when she was in the wheelchair. Some of us saw it coming then and were accused of "yuri goggles"
>>
>people think the problem was the ending
>not that bryke told everyone that if they didn't see it coming they need to take off their heter goggles
>>
>>94896846
>the character that cucked the other out of a boyfriend and then promptly splits with him end up becoming #1 lesbians together

Asami was a literal non-character until Bryke decided that she was the only character that could be paired with Korra that was her age and ALSO had a vagina. Don't tell me they waited 4 seasons to characterize Asami because they had "lol she and Korra r gey." in mind the whole time.
>>
>>94896846
lack of love making scene
>>
Korra had more in common with Kuvira than with Asami
>>
>>94896846

It provided neither a conclusive end (the entire Earth Kingdom still being completely fucked, or in death camps), an end that leads to something very interesting in the future (I can fucking see the neutral ending of ME3 right there you hacks), or with a character conclusion that was in any way satisfying or logical.

Let's be honest, Korra and Asami must have been deliberately written with zero chemistry. The last two seasons weren't poor attempts at romance like the SW prequel trilogy, or an abusive relationship fetishisation like so many other things. It just wasn't there, at all.

Japan, a country that treats homosexuality as an amusing joke quite literally, and a country that has never had a civil rights movement that didn't end in a lot of peasants being slaughtered (with the exception of teenagers painting their faces slightly darker) has created lesbian romance better than this.

>Oh but Nick would have punished us

With what, with a terrible schedule and reduced budget? I feel terrible, I truly do. Oh wait, that happened anyway.

I've heard 'lipstick lesbians' thrown around at so much stupid shit undeservedly, but this is the true definition of it. A case where the lesbianism doesn't define them, because it can't define them, because there's romance behind it. You know why there's no romance?

Because there's no damn feeling. All those plot problems aside, the writers couldn't write a character relationship between two of the main characters, that might be implied as warmer than tepid even behind the scenes.

Which is fucking bizarre, because you can find it in every other character, just not in these two. It's like lesbians are fucking unicorns to the writing staff, they've never met one, but maybe if they guess hard enough it'll walk through the door to correct them.

I dunno, I just don't feel that cleverbot walking off into the sunset with that racist AI google made is a good ending.
>>
>>94896846
It wasn't set up for it. It was hamfisted in.
>>
Korra and Asami shared almost no meaningful screentime the entire series, and they only ended up together because the writers made Korra ignore all her other friends during her recovery.

The entire fourth season was marred by bad character interactions, a rushed plot, and comparisons to the third season which was overall much better in nearly every way. Suyin and Kuvira were hardly introduced or developed before the season, and they had to be established, motivated, and concluded while still balancing Korra's mishandling of the Spirits, wrapping up her character relationships (which they didn't do), and including throwbacks to TLA.

There was no real meaningful development to any of the characters beyond Zuko being an incompetent mess and Toph being a bitchier, older version of Toph. None of the characters got a satisfying, logical ending.

Had Korra and Asami spent more time together throughout the series and actually developed a relationship beyond "lol fuck mako rite", it would've been satisfying. If Mako and Bolin actually had their stories wrapped up somehow it would have been okay too.

That giant train robot transformer was fucking stupid as well, and the fight wasn't even choreographed well. It was just the main group standing on a building throwing things. Kuvira's plan didn't make any sense either; I was expecting some kind of Machiavellian power move to take advantage of the vacuum created by the Red Lotus, but instead we got a giant robot.
>>
File: ZpQSKo4.jpg (186KB, 1004x652px) Image search: [Google]
ZpQSKo4.jpg
186KB, 1004x652px
>>94896846
Korra Viewing guide

>watch season 1
>watch the Wan episodes for the pretty visuals
>if you get angry at anything lore-related while watching Wan episodes, stop because you're only going to get angrier
>watch season 3
>treat the season 3 finale as the series finale
>>
>>94896846
Because Korra is not a likeable character, that s really what it boiled down to. Sure the relationship was not well set-up, the giant robot felt stupid, they did not actually have the guts to go through with the relationship on screen and the spirit portal is just gonna create new problems, but those are not major problems in comparisson.
>>
>>94897002
The TLA cast was well developed throughout, with each major character having flaws and strengths. Mako and Bolin for instance are basically the same characters as at the start.
>>
>>94896846
You can't give a satisfying ending to an unsatisfying show
>>
been waiting for this kind of thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHvo5RFFFs
>>
>>94899455
>Mako and Bolin for instance are basically the same characters as at the start.

Except they aren't tho
>>
>>94897550
That's not an argument though Anon. They both showed signs of sexual attraction when they kissed. Did you want them to fuck women beforehand?

Sexuality isn't checkov's gun

>>94899493

Thank you
>>
>>94897002
I still don't understand why they where together at all
Like in Atla sokka and katara travel with aang because they want to help him save the world and katara wants to learn to water bend, toph joins him because she hated her life at home so she runs away, also aang needs her to learn earth bending and zuko joins him because he experiences a revelation and loses his bending powers plus he wants to dethrone his father
In Korra making and bolin follow Korra because? It kind of makes sense in season one when they probend together and I mean kind of but season one ends with the bad guy dead, why did making and bolin stuck around? Why did assami? It seems like they are only part of the show because the show needs more than one character
At least in Atla everyone had their own moti
>>
>>94899519
What about them is different aside from their jobs and Bolin being able to lavabend ?
>>
so you kids are still crying
>>
>>94896846
It was literally not hinted in the slightest.
One fucking blush isn't "They blushed THEY MUST BE IN LOVE"
>>
>>94896846
It came out of nowhere unexpectedly, raising questions about korra and asami's relationship which is a bad thing for a series finale
>>
>>94899598
Mako and Bolin stand by Korra's side because they're friends. BEST friends. Mako and Bolin have literally fuck all, so when they become friends with the Avatar and are forced to fight by her side, they find their actual point in life; aiding the Avatar in her Avatar duties.

Asami was brought in the same way, through complete coincidence, and stayed because she became best friends with the group.

Their friendship is the strongest point of the show.

>>94899624
Mako learns to trust others and quit acting like he knows best and to stop pushing people away.

Bolin grows up, and sees the world for what it is, getting over his childlike behavior, even joining the military.

Complete 180's from the bums who were boxing for money and doing fuckall with their lives

>>94899680
>>94899690
There were many hints through season 2 and 3 that they were growing very close. I'm not saying their relationship was a GOOD idea, but people were predicting it as far back as when they discussed both of them kissing Mako and havng a laugh over it.

You may not like the relationship idea, and that's fine, but you can't claim it wasn't intended from season 2 and onward.

>>94896846
OP you filthy cuck this is very clearly bait. The season shouldn't have ended that way and you know it.
>>
>>94896846
How old were these characters even supposed to be? They were like 15 I think in S1 and then next thing I know they had jobs like police officers and moive stars.
>>
>>94899493
>He considers Korra's s2 to be the highest stakes in the series
>Ignoring the fact that the Fire Nation waged war on everybody for a hundred years
>The almost complete genocide of the air bending monks
>The death of, and by proxy, the moon goddess, and it's host
>The complete and successful siege of ba sing se
>And nearly burning the world to ashes with the whole Fire Nation army at their peak.
>A fucking giant black spirit shooting lasers is what he considers the highest stakes

Fucking really.
>>
>>94896908
Not having to be around OP anymore and loving every minute of it
>>
>>94899756
What

They start the show off this way

Korra 17
Bolin 18
Mako 20

The show ends with their ages

Korra 21
Bolin 22
Mako 24
>>
>>94899591
>Thank you
I'm not defending korrasami. But this guys reasons are flawed. He even says that season 4 had no interactions because of all the other stuff and then still makes this video.
>>
>>94899849
He probably didn't even watch it. i mean i didn't either, but thats cause i dont want to ruin my youtube recommendaitons.
>>
>>94896846
>Give me one reason why this wasn't a satisfying ending
1- The final battle consists of the villain making a HUGE fuck up to lose (going inside Republic City when she could shoot from kilometers of distance).
2- You don't call someone on a date after their father was just murdered
3- romance out of literally nowhere, after we were promised that there would be no more romance in the show
4- the avatar is praised for solving things she caused in the first place
5- Korra's reasoning to fight is that "people told her to fight" instead of actually making an argument against what Kuvira is doing.
6- In the end, Kuvira was objectively better to the Earth nation. We're supposed to believe that things are okay without Kuvira in power when in reality things go back to chaos.
7- Korra defeats Kuvira by creating a new power out of literally nowhere.
>b-but muh ATLA
No. In ATLA the firelord was defeated way before Aang used energybending. Not only that, we knew about energybending since S02. There are at least 3 episodes that discuss what that energy can do. Getting a new use out of it is hardly 'out of nowhere'.
>>
>>94899881
If bryke wanted to be progressive maybe they should have made korra gay DURING the airing instead of at the end to sell comics.
>>
>>94899358
i like this post
>>
>>94899939
>You don't call someone on a date after their father was just murdered
when did this happen
>>
>>94899978
no nick wants more spongebob
>>
>>94896846
Because compared to Season 3, the ending sucks and it mishandled the world.

>Introduce spirits...
>Do nothing with them.
>>
>>94896846
>not bait
>post bait
Also fanservice that made the entire universe revolve around the fanservice in the comic
>>
>>94899996
Korra called Asami to go on a vacation after her father was murdered during the RC conflict.
>>
when i start watch the season 1 i was like Fuck
because love triangle and the worst it was hell cliche bad than season 2 get worst and worst
season 3 they learn their lesson what happen
give us a shit side love story God help me
season 4 just let's ruine the world and Avatar legacy
================
it's like the writer can't write without add some shitty love story that worst than twilight
>>
>>94896846
No build up to it. It seemed like it was just thrown in at the end to appeal to the lgbt community.
>>
>>94896846
Because the show was shit and the writers had to salvage it, so they ended it the way they did so they could be progressive, and anyone who hated it would be a fucking bigot. The show now has a huge cult following solely because of the ending, despite the fact that its a steaming pile of horseshit.
>>
>>94896846
There was absolutely no build up to the relationship. I'm 999% percent sure the ending was an afterthought and an attempt to deflect the backlash from the whole mako/korra/bolin love triangle bullshit.

People who genuinely wanted korrasami to happen (including myself) felt pandered to.

I'd be much more invested in a decent fanon relationship that has potential rather than a phoned-in shitty canon one.
>>
>>94899719
>Mako and Bolin stand by Korra's side because they're friends
thats a cheap and crappy excuse, they get basically no personal investment in what happens.
I wouldnt risk my life fighting a war for some friend especially if all my training is being a professional wrestler
are you telling me they do it because they are poor and have nothing else? thats dark man, i feel like making poor people risk theyr lives fighting terrorists and armys just because they are poor is horrible
>>
>>94899358
I think you should just ignore S2 entirely. I liked the style and the first half of the Wan episodes, but they goofed hard with the good and evil tapeworms.

They should have left the spirit world as a vague, mysterious entity like the first series. Explaining too much of it just made it dull and sucked the mystery out.
>>
File: fgfcv.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
fgfcv.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>94897002
>>
>>94897024
They spoke to each other a total of... what, four times? Five? And then they suddenly hook up in the finale.
>>
>>94896846
Felt they just made this move to prevent most people from being fully disappointed with the ending. They knew using the LBGT card would force some to praise it just because.

Otherwise it's still a meh ending with or without the ship.
>>
>>94900859
ad hominem
>>
Even as a yurifag I can't like the ending, anon. Asami is a boring character and Korra although by the end of S4 was somewhat likeable, feels really out of place with her, I don't know, dare I say she deserved better than the bland character Asami is, I just don't know who, every male wouldn't work and there's not enough females, Solo Korra would've been the best choice, I feel, but I knew they didn't have the guts to do it.

Aside from the shipping the ending wasn't that great either, Korra has fucked up in the past and leaving a giant portal in the capital of the world really doesn't seem like a good idea, Kuvira fight was okay but when I saw the Mech it was clear the Korra team barely cared anymore and were just trying to make something cool, fine by me, but don't expect any points for it. The killing of Asami's dad was so obvious it was annoying and the wedding between what's his name and what's her name was sweet.

6.5 out of ten, it failed where it mattered and it delivered where it didn't.
>>
>>94896846
No romantic build up. They showed them becoming friends and then *BANG* Lesbians. And this from a guy who shipped it pretty hard. It wasn't handled well and the comic fucked it up worse.

They should've had the balls to set them up from the beginning.
>>
>>94901458
>ad hominem
thats when someone attacks the person instead of attacking the argument
>>
>>94896846
>Give me one reason why this wasn't a satisfying ending to the show.
Because the show wasn't satisfying.
>>
>>94897002
>>94897004
Disembowel yourself with a rusty spoon.
>>
>>94896846
It was forced, and made previous character development and interactions feel meaningless. As well everything Korra did was lampshaded as she is going through personal stuff any people need to support her. However when other characters did the same or less she would flip the fuck out at them and the show would treat them as if they were idiots with music cues or sight gags. A character that just makes mistakes, but is always critical of others is pretty shit. I thought that they were going to address it in the 3rd season when she was doing all of that inner struggle stuff, but it never was. I have never seen a character who isn't a bad guy in 3 seasons of a show manage to be as salty at everyone else for not bending to her will. Really none of her problems were ever fixed, so this relationship will just end like all the others.
>>
>>94896846
Because it doesn't actually close the series in meaningful way. By the time the series is over, the entire world is still fucked over directly because of Korra. Spirits are still roaming around fucking everything up and the earth kingdom is in shambles. But instead actually working on helping out, Korra just fucks off to the spirit world. It only cements the fact that Korra is a godawful Avatar and an even worse character.
>>
>>94896846
Can't answer, I dumped that nonsense after season 1
>>
I think what we all need to remember is that Legend of Korra took what Last Airbender did, and perfected it, giving us the perfect action cartoon of the past decade.
>>
>>94897002
I find solace in knowing I'll never be as retarded as you
>>
>>94904665
i feel good in my opinions tho cuz /co/ only ever hates good shows. /co/ hates korra so it must be good

simple geomotry
>>
The ending of this show has been spoiled for me so many times over that I fear I will never be able to get into it. I hate knowing that a twist like that is going to happen, coloring my expectations of the characters involved and ensuring that I'll never be able to experience it the way everyone else did, the way the creators intended. It's like the universe is punishing me for not watching it while it was still on the air.
>>
>>94896846
It was rushed and they pussied out of showing actual romantic interaction between them. Ended up looking more like a desperate attempt to pander to yurifags and to the lgbt crowd than something they actually wanted to do with the characters.

Also I think Korra's ending is ok, the problems are with the series in general, particularly seasons 2 and 4.
>>
>>94904711
It's worth it for the sweet brown waifu
>>
>>94896846
It cemented Asami, who could have been a cool character, as someone whose only role in the show is to kiss people. She got zero good or interesting plots that weren't about her love life, and in two out of three of them she got because she wasn't a central figure, she was just an accessory. Asami fans should be pissed that she's only relevant now because of who she's kissing.

Korra deciding to leave Republic City when it's at its worst is stupid and out of character for her. She could be selfish but she was never so selfish that she would look at a destroyed city filled with now homeless people and then decide "nah I'm gonna go to a wedding and then fuck off to rub clams with my new blowup doll".

The passage of time fixes things so now I don't really hate the idea of Korrasami, I just hate how they did it how they got caught up in trying to recreate the Kataang kiss at the end of ATLA and didn't stop to think whether or not it made sense for either characters. It would've been a far better ending if went something like, Asami saying they have a lot of work to do and then Korra takes her hand and says something about how they'll rebuild Repulic City together. Cue them making goo-goo eyes at each other and camera pans out before we can see them kiss. Would've been fucking cheesy but it would've been better than Korra pulling what was arguably her most selfish move yet.
>>
>>94904714
OP here. I also think it was rushed.
I see people saying it was planned from season 2 and 3? Like for real? They were just becoming good friends, there was nothing sexual.
The only real problem with the ending is that we have no resolution for if shit is gonna be unfucked.
>>
>>94904764
People try to say Asami was upset that Korra thought she was in a relationship with Mako in book 2, and not that she was upset that again Mako was taken away from her. It's like they missed that she kissed him twice.
>>
>>94904787
People make stretches like this all the time though, like they can't admit it's dumb. I fucking love Korra, own the series on BluRay, but at some point you gotta acknowledge flaws.
>>
>>94896846
>Give me one reason why this wasn't a satisfying ending to the show.
Not gonna lie, I was pretty satisfied. I had long stopped giving a shit about the show and was only watching to see it through. When I watched Korrasami happen I just laughed, grabbed some popcorn and hopped on /co/ to watch the fireworks.
>>
File: atla_by_maddymew-d8iuap1[1].png (1013KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
atla_by_maddymew-d8iuap1[1].png
1013KB, 1024x705px
I actually just finished A:TLA yesterday.

Fuck it was good. I can see why /co/ obsesses over it.
Everything was so tight and smooth. The characters were likable and well rounded. The quest was perfectly paced. The world building was excellent. The "magic" was thought out, and there wasn't a runaway power-creep that normally plagues these sort of shows.
It felt like every story beat had been planned from the beginning.

I do have a couple of complaints:
>Katara was boring
She wasn't unlikable, but she was uninteresting compared to every other major character. They tried to develop her more in the final season, but it was too little too late. She was the least charismatic of the main cast. She had the least character development.
Her role in the group also felt rather redundant at times.

>a story about the horrors of war is G rated
This certainly lessened the emotional impact of a few seasons, and it strained my suspension of disbelief to see swords and knives never actually do anything.

The first season was also weak — it had filler episodes, while seasons 2 and 3 were always pushing the characters or plot forward in some way.
But in the end these are small complaints on an otherwise excellent show.

Is Korra worth watching immediately after A:TLA? Or will it leave a bad taste in my mouth?
I've heard from a friend it's much less thought out, and that it ruins Toph and some of the world building.
Is it a good continuation of the original show, or should I only watch after the warm glow left by A:TLA has faded away?
>>
>>94896846
Because it wasn't setup as the climax to a story point in the case of Korrasami.

In case of Korras development it's because she never healed the wounds she spent the entire season dealing with, and that's despite seeking out 2 different healers.

In case of Kuvira it's because there was a sudden introduced character motivation that conveniently solves everything at the last moment. It is so convenient that even though Korras issues have nothing in common with Kuviras they treat is as if they do.

The spirits never payed off as having an impact on season 4s plot and so on. There are tons of reasons as to why book 4s ending wasn't satisying and most of it have nothing to do with your buzzwords.
>>
>>94897059
Good it was shit.
>>
>>94905531
>Is Korra worth watching immediately after A:TLA
Read the ATLA comics first. Wait a week. Then watch S01 Korra and Stop. Don't touch it.
>>
>>94904711
Don't worry, the creators didn't intend for korrasami until the forth season either!
>>
File: 2dhcqcz.jpg (39KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
2dhcqcz.jpg
39KB, 848x480px
>>94896846
I'm totally into lesbians.
I'll give a dyke a baby in a heartbeat.
But they didn't show any physicality,
if they showed that dyke shit
that "scissor me, finger me
gimme that nut, dont linger me"
cuddle me. nuzzle me. grind me all night shit"

they just went for it.
barely any foreshadowing
they went all
surprise gay!
just like paranorman
>>
>>94905531
>it ruins Toph
I could never understand this particular complaint. All that happens with Toph in Korra is that she's depicted as a crusty asshole who fails at parenting, which is consistent with her A:TLA characterization.

The argument brought up against this is usually "But she would mature and develop away from all that!", but not giving a character development you think should happen is not ruining them.
>>
>>94899591
They (korra and Asami) never kissed in LoK. That was kept out until the godawful comics came about.
>>
>>94905531
yes its a good show /co/ just likes to cry about it
>>
>>94896846
It really was forced and a fan service
It doesn't make any sense

A season before that this two were awkward because they both like the same guy

On a side note what kind of chinks are the water tribe?
Koreans, Mongols?
>>
File: 1474315168540.jpg (102KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
1474315168540.jpg
102KB, 916x690px
>>94905885
>>
>>94896846

Mako should have died. He should have had a big damn sacrifice to blow the robot up, and seeing him being cradled by Bolin should have made Korra bring to the brink of killing MetalBitch!

They fucked up by not having Mako go Dirty Harry at the end of Season 2, and become the Batman in Season 3 and onward.

Having Mako around was just awkward. The budding relationship between Korra and Asami would have been a good come together moment, and being okay with saying goodbye to an old lover and looking forward to a future together.

Would have been good end.
>>
File: 1400950244100.jpg (573KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1400950244100.jpg
573KB, 1280x720px
Korra literally ruined everything and still got babied and hand fed by others , for as strong as she really was, she was weak and pathetic a giant entitled cry baby that somehow still won in the end, all the main fights had great build up then miserable endings,

she ended the avatar cycle literally ending the avatars spirits existing , spirit and all and any chance of a future avatar helping people in the future, the avatars before her ended wars

the writers were terrible, it was like amateur quality of fanfiction drama and forced shipping involved , the character chemistry between each other always seemed forced and made them uninteresting.

I absolutely adored Korras outside appearance but inside she was prob one of the worst characters.
>>
>>94905964
Is that a satisfying place for Toph's character to end up? I don't care if it is consistent with her A:TLA characterisation or not, watching her regress after all the signs in the original series that she was starting to become a more well-rounded, sociable person were thrown out the window. Ehasz wouldn't have let this shit happen.
>>
>>94905964
Toph uses basically the same cloth. No matter how little maturing she had, when you don't even bother to give a different set of clothes to the character it's clear that there is something wrong with how you're telling your story.

It's not just Toph, really.. everyone else changes very little in 3 years that Korra is away. Why is Korra still relevant to them? it looks like they all froze in time and waited for her to return. How the hell Mako didn't even get a girlfriend in 3 goddamn years? he was a pro-bender, detective, and now works for the government. But no, he was just waiting for Korra to come back all this time to do something with his life.
>>
>>94906012
>making him watch S02
how am i wrong?
>>
>>94906020
>she ended the avatar cycle
no she didnt stop putting your head canon into shit
>>
>>94906044
its not as bad as you try and make it out to be some parts are out there
>>
>>94896846
I thought the romance just didn't fit at the end, it didn't feel like it would happen knowing these characters, then again Korra is all over the place when she's not a punch first ask later character
Also I felt Kuvira was weaker than both Unalaq and Zaheer, one of those two should've been the final villain
With how it ended, it didn't feel like an ending except for the scene in your pic and the final walk to the portal, everything else felt like they were setting up for the next thing to come but then it just ended
>>
>>94905919
Is that a fact? Like, it was a last minute thing they decided to do for the fans who were shipping them? If so, then I guess that makes me a feel a little better. I still hate knowing, though.
>>
It was rushed overall, and the relationship was never properly established, it felt forced and out of nowhere. I love lesbian ships, but this was stupid.
Also Korra is a worthless whore who doesn't deserve Asami. I hope they break up in the comics.
>>
>>94906028
>Why is Korra still relevant to them
what the hell are you on about
>>
>>94906046
i'll be honest i lost interest halfway threw and its been like 5 years? i don't recall everything she fucked up perfectly.
>>
>>94906063
I honestly have no idea, went it happened I was confused/amused (because I just didn't like the show anymore, I felt nothing). However one of the creaters came out witha blog confirming the lesbian relationship and said the people denying it weren't looking for the hints or somthing. So I went backa nd rewatched season 3 and season 4 to see waht I missed. Literally nothing in season 3 points to the relationship unless you consider the spa episode in TLA points to a KataraXToph relationship. Plenty O' hints in the season 4 however.
>>
>>94906115
so you are stupid or something
>>
File: S02 in a nutshell.png (60KB, 938x290px) Image search: [Google]
S02 in a nutshell.png
60KB, 938x290px
>>94906060
>its not as bad as you try and make it out to be
>>
>>94906087
They know Korra for about 1 year and 6 months, counting S01, S02 and S03. Then there is a 3 years gap. Don't overestimate their relationship; why would someone that you only met for a year and a half be relevant to you? they literally lived more time without her than with her, and still NONE of them made new friends or started new relationships in 3 years. They all stood there, doing nothing until Korra comes back. Don't you think that's... odd?
>>
>>94906191
im not reading your shit
>>
>>94906241
>villain sabotage his own plans
>heroes lose their brain and fall for it anyway
>not a bad season
explain to me.
>>
>>94906021
>>94906028
But again, that's not ruination. Mismanagement, perhaps, and the argument could be made that she was mostly present as fanservice, but nothing that was shown contradicted or lessened the character in any way. And at the very least her presence wasn't utterly token, like Zuko's and fucking Uncle Iroh's.
>>
>>94906236
hay guy did you forget that they were writing letters to another and guy mako is a police officer and was guarding that guy asami running a company and bolin is working for kuvira did you even watch the show and me and my friends still talk and i haven't seen him in 4 years
>>
File: 1495941246385.gif (4MB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
1495941246385.gif
4MB, 200x165px
>>94896846
>>94896908
>>94897075
>>94897090
>>94897426
>No bait.

>>94899358 is a diamond in the rough though.
>>
File: 1478195835962.jpg (91KB, 842x842px) Image search: [Google]
1478195835962.jpg
91KB, 842x842px
>>94899358
>>94906335
nope
>>
File: 1475046698746.jpg (31KB, 252x496px) Image search: [Google]
1475046698746.jpg
31KB, 252x496px
>>94896846

It's not a satisfying ending because it doesn't make sense. so they go to the spirit world and what happens after? if Korra somehow found a way to bring back all the past avatars for the avatar state then yes, that would have been a satisfying ending.
>>
>>94896846

It pandered to the korrasami shippers

it fucked up after the first season and continued to be an abortion of a show after that
>>
>>94906295
Holy shit, use some punctuation..

Anyway, they did not interact with anyone new in 3 years. Let that sink.. they kept their circle exactly the same, with little to no change in functions. Even Bolin, who was "working for Kuvira", still had the exact circle of friendship; he didn't make any new friend even with his new work.His goddamn girlfriend was with him after he worked for the person that betrayed her mother, for god's sake.

The fact is, if this circle had changed, they would just forget Korra, which honestly should happen easily considering they lived only 1 years with her.

>me and my friends still talk and i haven't seen him in 4 years
now imagine if you did NOT talk with him in 4 years. Would you not make new friends? or would you patiently wait for him to call you? by the way how long do you know that friend of yours?
>>
>>94905531
Well LoK has a different story and villain every season, with only book 3 and 4 being connected in some way and even then it is only really for Korra. Some feel it shits on Atla characters like Aang, Zuko, Katara and Toph in certain seasons.

Personally i like season 1 enough to have it on my list of things to see when i rewatch Atla. Book 2 is the worst thing to happens to the entire franchise the only really redeeming thing about it is the animation and feel of 2 episodes, but the story has a huge impact on the cosmology if it's not an actual retcon.
Book 3 is surprisingly good and i love it, for me it's easily on par with Atla seasons, but unfortunately it's ending isn't to my liking, if it was i would skip book 4 all together. Book 4 starts off strong but falls short after episode 2-4 imo and crashes to book 2 levels of shit by the end.

If you want continuity in LoK just watch book 1 and drop the rest, it's easily the most complete season of them all that isn't all bad. If you don't care about continuity watch season 1 and 3 they're both decent to good. But you know as always watch until you get bored or angry and drop it then.
>>
>>94905994
Inuits and north native americans i believe. not sure if that's chink enough.
>>
>>94897997
>Asami took care of Korra when she was in the wheelchair. Some of us saw it coming then and were accused of "yuri goggles"

ironic since everyone who didn't see it coming had hetero lenses on
>>
>>94897002
>>94897004
/co/ntrarianism at its finest.
>>
>>94896846
It came out of nowhere.
>>
>>94906063
According to themselves, they started considering it at book 3, but didn't go ahead with it. Then in book 4 they decided they wanted to do it, but that nick wouldn't let them. Then they said fuck it and tried to be "subtle", then they asked nick and got permission. It's worth noting that a storyboard artist never saw the finale shot before it aired so Bryke probably made that on their own.
>>
>>94906484
guy just go back and watch the show you obviously have no clue what's going on and when she was trying to get better they where sending letters
>>
File: 1493602850207.jpg (76KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493602850207.jpg
76KB, 333x500px
>>94896846
Honestly its hard to say it becouse the wrongdoings start pretty much in episode one and stretches up to the last episode, its amazing really, but leaving aside all the extra shit like Wan and the like, all seasons are diferent adventures with only one underlying theme that binds them: Everyone hates the avatar and they think its existence is useless, and they're kind of right, Korra should've won any of her struggles, the world is in many ways worse becouse she exists, she didn't deserve a happy ending nor does it makes sense logically that she gets one.

But i guess the biggest reason why the finale doesn't work is becouse is the culmination of absolutely nothing, it was the end of another of korra's retarded adventures, no diferent to anything else really, what was Korra's story anyway? It was about a teen that's over her head, never listens, its a dumbass, its selfish, always thinks she deserves better, never really gets over any of it and everybody likes her for that and everything goes her way at the end, as a reward she gets to fuck Asami in the the spirit world i guess, and all of that as far as i can tell wasn't becouse of her charming personallity or quick wits, its was becouse she's the main character and everyone had to licks her boots or else
>>
>>94906883
Korra shouldn't* have won
>>
>>94906530
So if they had actually talked to Nick instead of assumed they wouldn't allow it, they cpuld have done actual developement in this relationship instead of jus droppung hints?
These retards fucked up even worse than I thought. Or they're just lying.
What were they even afraid Nick would do? They already had their budget cut and were left to die on streaming.
>>
>>94906905
Why did Nick treat the show so badly?
>>
>>94906905
They could have started earlier i guess, but the idea never stuck with them until book 4 anyway so i'd be 1 season worth of development alongside all the other shit they needed to put into that season.
>>
>>94896908
Was it pretentious feminist subversion?
>>
>>94905531
>Is Korra worth watching immediately after A:TLA? Or will it leave a bad taste in my mouth?
I don't know, anon. Do you like the taste of puke?
>>
>>94896846
It was as forced as the hetero stuff.
>>
File: korrasami.png (427KB, 750x540px) Image search: [Google]
korrasami.png
427KB, 750x540px
>>
>>94906982
Nick's never known what to do with Avatar, they were treating ATLA pretty badly too.
>>
>>94896846
It felt really forced and came out of nowhere after they had been fighting each other over boys for pretty much the whole show
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.