[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So real talk, what is the point of having a superhero genre if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1407726619253.jpg (27KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1407726619253.jpg
27KB, 400x397px
So real talk, what is the point of having a superhero genre if literally the only thing anyone cares about is Batman?

I'm serious, the ONLY comics IP that actually sells is Batman, allegedly. Most of the animated movies are Bat-related cause they want them to actually make money. Most of the live action stuff is Bat-related because they want to make money. The comics more than ever basically center around Batman because only Batman sells.

Okay. Then what's the point of the other IPs then? Frankly, it's better to just discontinue all the other books, since they apparently don't sell worth shit, and let what few fans those characters have not feel like the things they like are nothing but filler. Go right ahead and have your Bat-verse, just let the other capes die with some quiet dignity, instead of forcing them to constantly orbit Batman's morbidly obese ass.
>>
File: Screenshot_21.png (34KB, 237x371px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_21.png
34KB, 237x371px
>>
File: TeenTitansLogo.jpg (13KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansLogo.jpg
13KB, 300x259px
>>94890651
Well, you could always give his sidekick his own spinoff, and have it be better than pretty much all other capeshit...
>>
>>94890678
shit sux bro
>>
>>94890699
Not sure what shit has to do with the 3rd-best cartoon of all time though...
>>
>>94890668
fpbp
>>
>>94890651
Batman would be boring if there were no "mary sues" around for him to be inferior to.

Can you imagine a world where morons cant go "superman is so boring because he's so op, batman is totally better because he has no powers hes such a human like me XDD" because superman doesnt actually exist?

Batman would literally be a lunatic, running around in a bat costume.
>>
>>94890779
Look, I'm a cynical asshole who's damn tired of Batman being the only thing editorial cares about, but even I'm not naive enough to assume that "HE'S A REAL HUMAN BEAN" is the only appeal the character has.

There's gotta be some reason why nobody gives a shit about comics that aren't Batman.
>>
>>94890651
>So real talk, what is the point of having a superhero genre if literally the only thing anyone cares about is Batman?
Maybe it has to do with Batman having a lot of success with its movies and cartoons?

Batman has had several hits when it comes to movies, enough to make up for the less successful films. Batman has also had great cartoons, from B: TAS, BtBatB, The Batman and even Batman Beyond.
>>
>>94891568
Fuck you. Let this shit thread die.
>>
>>94891659
Yes, but it's come to the point where financially, it's not even worth trying with other characters. So my question is, why bother even keeping any of the other characters around at all, if the only one who realistically CAN have any success is Batman?
>>
>>94891671
>MUH HUSBANDO!!!!!
Bat-shills need to be purged, for they are the means by which the Bat-cancer spreads.
>>
>>94890668
>>94890717
>Batfags can't handle the bantz
>>
>>94895328
It's not even bantz though, it's a legitimate question. Granted, that just kind of makes it even more sad. You'd think of all people, Bat-fags would be the most on board with dropping the pretense.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.