[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they use Hynden Walch as Harley's voice more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Why don't they use Hynden Walch as Harley's voice more often? She's clearly the closest there is to Arleen Sorkin.
>>
>>94887516
Because her voice is like a cheese grater on my ears. She was a horrible fucking choice. If it can't be Arleen, let it be Tara. Walch is just garbage. It also sounds like she's trying way too hard to pull off the accent. It's not hard to fake, I don't know why she has so much trouble with it.
>>
I liked Flapper Harley's voice on BatB.
>>
>>94887695
t. Tara
>>
>>94887695
Tara is fucking terrible.
>>
>>94887695
>>94887717
Tara is better than the Big Bang Theory girl, but that's not saying much. She just sounds like a slutty Twilight. Way too cutesy.
>>
>>94887695
>It also sounds like she's trying way too hard to pull off the accent.
You're actually correct, but at least in The Batman's version it makes the character more endearing somehow, maybe because the backstory fits better.
>>
>>94887717
I didn't say she wasn't. I said if it couldn't be Arleen, it should be Tara. Did you pass English class?
>>
>>94887695
>Because her voice is like a cheese grater on my ears.

Literally every Harley voice ever.
>>
>>94887744
You take that back. Sorkin was a goddess.
>>
>>94887738
Well, isn't the accent kind of an affectation anyways? In Batman: TAS, she didn't have it back when she was a therapist in Mad Love as well as the end of the episode when she was considering leaving the Joker. I'd say the same also goes for the Hamill's Joker and his quasi Mid-Atlantic accent. Just look at the Killing Joke movie.
>>
I feel like each actor from TAS has an actor who has captured the essence of their version of the character and should play that character when the original actor is either unavailable or can't do the voice anymore.

Arleen Sorkin: Hynden Walch
Mark Hamill: Troy Baker
Kevin Conroy: Roger Craig Smith
>>
>>94887832
Harley: Sorkin>Walch>Strong
Joker: Hamill>Baker>DiMaggio
Batman: Conroy>Smith>Greenwood
>>
>>94887784
That's a good point.
>>
>>94887832
>>94887900
I didn't like Baker's Joker.
>>
>>94888958
Why? It's basically 90s Hamill Joker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XK-0AB2jc
>>
>>94887900
Come on, DiMaggio was not THAT bad
>>
>>94888978
I think Hamill might smoke or have smoked which has grated his voice a bit the same way it did Arleen's. He can still do it, but Troy has more range now and can do the stuff Mark used to do, but can't do anymore.
>>
>>94888978
Maybe it's just the fact that he's in pretty much every vidya (and then some) as of late and his voice, albeit great, is getting to be incredibly overused.
>>
>>94889008
I don't know. Baker has incredible range to the point that half of the time, I can't tell it's him. Plus he has an uncanny ability to mimic other actors' voices. Hamill's Joker being one and Cox's Hawkeye for Avengers Assemble. Then there's other voices he does that you'd never be able to tell like Groot in EMH.
>>
>>94888990
I didn't say he was bad. He's third best, which is pretty darn good. I didn't even include RIchardson, Bennett, Spiner, Emerson, or Welker.
>>
File: 1486004106242.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486004106242.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>94889050
>Play MKX story mode a number of times
>Didn't realize he was Shinnok until Wikipedia told me
>>
>>94889050
>be Troy Baker
>be better looking than 95% of live action actors
>have best voice range in the VO industry
>>
File: hamill fishing for used cigs.jpg (109KB, 638x663px) Image search: [Google]
hamill fishing for used cigs.jpg
109KB, 638x663px
>>94889001
>I think Hamill might smoke or have smoked which has grated his voice a bit
More than you know.
>>
>>94889226
Who's the Virgin to Troy's Chad?
>>
>>94887695
Are you fucking kidding me? You think TARA sounds more natural and less obnoxious than Hynden? Fucking Tara Strong? Either seek professional help or neck yourself, friend, because there has to be something wrong with you and no one can take you seriously until it's fixed.
>>
What made Hynden's depiction of the character so much better than Tara's or any other Sorkin imitator was that it was clearly modelled off of the original, iconic Harley voice but with enough of her own input and inflection that it felt not like she was just ripping her off but, rather, giving us a new spin on it. In AoA especially, she sounded completely natural and comfortable in the delivery of her lines. It as believable that someone could sound like she did. That's more than anyone could say for Tara "Nails on a Chalkboard Made of Babies" Strong
>>
>>94887900
I kind of prefer Greenwood over Conroy and Smith these days, desu. The guy doing all the New 52 stuff is dreadful though.
>>
>>94887516
Because Strong threatens to release information on casting directors and execs whenever she isn't called up to play Harley.

>>94889603
And here I thought I was the only one. I really liked his performance in Young Justice and I'm a little upset they didn't keep him for other projects. He's one of the view VAs besides Conroy who seems to understand the vocal dichotomy between Batman and Bruce Wayne, for the few scenes he wasn't in the costume.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.